Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > OzECruisers (E/N/D Series) > OzECruisers General Discussions

OzECruisers General Discussions E/N/D vehicles General Discussion ONLY. NO TECH THREADS

Closed Thread

Old 21-08-2006, 10:42 AM   #61
Sundeep
Banned

######## = SH17F1GH7

Sundeep
Old 21-08-2006, 11:31 AM   #62
Polyal
The 'Stihl' Man
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by crannersEL
I started this thread for a few reasons, i wanted to let people know how these hoon laws can be changed to how the policeman is feeling on the day/night.

I almost lost my car and a bit of money in fines because of the stupidity of one of my mates, that really had nothing to do with me.

I guess the lesson to learn is pick the freinds that jump in your car, and sure as hell make sure the don't play up....
Well technically it is your problem, because the driver is meant to be in control of the car and its passengers.

Obviously you cant completely control what your mate did, but if this is a serious as you are making it out to be that would be the last time one of my mates would be in my car while being ****ed.
  • 1999 Lexus IS200 - 1G-FE Turbo 6MT
  • 1973 ZF Ford Fairlane
Old 21-08-2006, 11:35 AM   #63
Polyal
The 'Stihl' Man
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rollin
Sorry I didn't see this when I was typing before - Police officers can do their job, and then they can be idiots.

Pulling someone over for doing the wrong thing, telling them what they did was wrong and that they shouldn't do it again, giving them a fine/court appearance etc is ok by me, and probably everyone else on the forums.

However, swearing, yelling, acting in a threatening manner and abusing their position of power is not acceptable behavior - just like you would not expect your Boss to talk to you like that at work. Respect begets respect.

"Firmness with Courtesy" used to be the QLD Police force motto - now it is "With Honour we Serve"

What is the VIC one? "We Pwn you with Abuse" ?
I dont think anyone here can comment like that until you have been a officer yourself. Think of the scum they deal with everyday.

So here is an officer, driving along and someone has their head hangin out the window shouting something, what the heck do you expect him to do? "Oh its ok, next time just be more careful". BS.

And if you cant cop a few swear words then you need to toughen up a bit. Im not saying its right, but jeez, with some people its the only language they understand.

Just shut up, listen to what he has to say, and be polite. How is that so hard? Since you/we were in the wrong to begin with, there is not much you can do.

Sounds like Cranners did the right thing, so I dont see the issue anyway.
  • 1973 ZF Ford Fairlane
Old 21-08-2006, 11:51 AM   #64
Rollin
Banned

Quote:
So here is an officer, driving along and someone has their head hangin out the window shouting something, what the heck do you expect him to do? "Oh its ok, next time just be more careful". BS.

And if you cant cop a few swear words then you need to toughen up a bit. Im not saying its right, but jeez, with some people its the only language they understand.
So, people who are paid to and trained to deal with 'scum' every day are allowed to get all shirty when someone yells something at them, but members of the general public are supposed to just 'toughen up' if a cop yells abuse and swear words at them?

I just don't follow your line of logic there.
Old 21-08-2006, 12:01 PM   #65
Polyal
The 'Stihl' Man
Donating Member2

Quote:
So, people who are paid to and trained to deal with 'scum' every day are allowed to get all shirty when someone yells something at them, but members of the general public are supposed to just 'toughen up' if a cop yells abuse and swear words at them?

I just don't follow your line of logic there.
I dont see what your arguement is?

They guy broke the law, the cop yells, whats the problem? Last time I checked police have authority, thats the difference. And if some people cant except that than they will continue to cry and play the victim.

None of us were there, so we dont know what was said. He was lucky enough to get away with no fines, therefore no issue.

A complaint about how an officer spoke to you will probably get writtern down, then thrown in the bin; because thats all its worth.
  • 1973 ZF Ford Fairlane
Old 21-08-2006, 12:01 PM   #66
ratter
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Shares his in-depth tuning knowledge with the forum, very helpful. Contributor: For members who make a contribution worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For his indepth tutorial on adding borders to photographs 

Polyal's comments are spot on.

Some people here need to respect authority and realise the posistions they put themselves into by being smarta##es.

Everybodies jobs have there lurks and perks, being a copper allows them to play with their authority and get away with it most of the time, although it may not be the correct thing to do, they are human also, put yourself in their shoes.

Authorised Streetfighter, Pcmtec , SCT & HP Tuners Tuning Agent,
Old 21-08-2006, 01:16 PM   #67
Jake F6

Quote:
The other cop then came up to my window and said " if you don't tell me exactly what you mate yelled out the window, i will go over your car with a fine tooth combe and get you for everything, and also do you for stage one hoon laws"
What the hell is "stage one" hoon laws? Are there more stages to come?

Stage one: "Not being polite to a police officer - your car will be confiscated"

Stage two: ????

Stage three: ???

:
Old 21-08-2006, 01:18 PM   #68
kyro_02
V8 wannaabeee

stage 1: 24-48 hrs

stage 2: week?

stage 3: 3 months ??????

i dunno but anyways i was threatend with impoundment cause i had a bit of dirt/mud on car, i'm not bagging police cause i know what the mods are like. but I think some officers need to fix their additude and threats.

no offense to any officers, but don't the officers get abused everyday.. i mean if they can't put up with it, they might need a new job :P (as apposed to myself not even having a job grr!)

.. i always give the cops respect cause it's not worth the hassle, and always good to have a chat with them as well.

Last edited by kyro_02; 21-08-2006 at 01:32 PM.
Old 21-08-2006, 02:01 PM   #69
Rollin
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polyal
I dont see what your arguement is?

They guy broke the law, the cop yells, whats the problem? Last time I checked police have authority, thats the difference. And if some people cant except that than they will continue to cry and play the victim.

None of us were there, so we dont know what was said. He was lucky enough to get away with no fines, therefore no issue.

A complaint about how an officer spoke to you will probably get writtern down, then thrown in the bin; because thats all its worth.

Show me in any book of law in Australia where the punishment for any crime is "a good yelling at" ?

My 'problem' is, in the clearest terms possible - some guy yelled out a window, (I don't know if that is even illegal) if it is illegal, the cops should give that person a summons or a fine, then leave.

Yelling at someone is not part of the deal, full stop.

I did something very naughty in my car the other week (far, far exceeding what Cranners mate did) a cop saw me do it, pulled me over, asked why I did it etc, handed me a summons, told me to drive sensibly, then left.

Very professional, very calm, and earnt a massive amount of respect from me. I did something naughty, I got busted, I didn't feel the need to start a thread here bashing cops because the officer that booked me acted in a professional and courteous manner, I didn't feel I had been unfairly treated or degraded. Unlike Cranners, who had to deal with extremely unprofessional behavior from the police who pulled him over.

hxxp://www.police.vic.gov.au/files/d...-of-Ethics.pdf

Taken from the NSW police force site hxxp://www.police.nsw.gov.au/__data/...and_Ethics.pdf

Quote:
Statement of values

- Places integrity above all
-Upholds the rule of law
- Ensures authority is excercised responsibly
etc.

Failure to comply

If you fail to comply with this code or any other lawful directive, you will be asked to explain your actions. Should your conduct be contrary to the code's requirements, you might be subject to a range of managerial actions under the Employee Management Scheme, up to removal from the Service

Where this code conflicts with another Police Service instruction, policy, or guidelines, you are to comply with the requirements of this code.
See? no yelling...that is my point.
Old 21-08-2006, 02:02 PM   #70
crannersEL
Banned

stage 1: 48 hrs

stage 2: 3 months

stage 3: For ever
Old 21-08-2006, 02:06 PM   #71
Polyal
The 'Stihl' Man
Donating Member2

And thats fair enough

But seriously, if you cant handle an officer yelling at you, or saying "your lucky I dont get you with the new hoon laws" then Im sorry, but you have some confrontational issues.

Im not excusing the officer, but its really not a big deal. In every occupation you get some good people and some bad people, thats life.

At the end of the day, nothing happen, and Cranners and his mates should have learnt there lesson, so what was the harm?

Note: Im not having a crack at Cranners, it could be Joe Blog for all it matters.
  • 1973 ZF Ford Fairlane
Old 21-08-2006, 02:08 PM   #72
crannersEL
Banned

Yeah im over it now, was just confused about the whole thing, thanks for everyones input in the thread :-)
Old 21-08-2006, 02:12 PM   #73
Rollin
Banned

Quote:
But seriously, if you cant handle an officer yelling at you, or saying "your lucky I dont get you with the new hoon laws" then Im sorry, but you have some confrontational issues.
By the same token, if the Police can't handle being yelled at (and I am not saying in any way, shape, or form that yelling at the Police is ok) then maybe they have some personal issues that need to be adressed.
Old 21-08-2006, 02:13 PM   #74
crannersEL
Banned

He thought that what my mate said was offensive, and that it should not be said.
Old 21-08-2006, 02:15 PM   #75
CaRtZ
Aspiring mr efxr

yeah im sick of these cop threads. i feel that they do have a job to do and i respect that even as a self-confessed hoon. if ur busted draggin' or bagin it up then you should get done. i am also of the opinion that they do and will abuse thier powers but there is ***** all we can do about it...especially baggin them out on here... yeah cranners ur lucky and that mate should sit in the middle of the back from now on however the cop could have given you a canary as a "random" roadworthy not matter how un-random it was...

Standard = 99.6rwkw <!> 2.5" SuperCat cat back exhaust, Wade 1636 cam, K&N boxed pod (new dyno required
Sony headunit, splits, 6.5"s and 2 x 12" with response precision amp = 135.5 dB

Daily = Ae82 '85 corolla Fwd :togo: , 5 speed, 12" sub, 6x9's, green LED's

the course i am studying: http://www.wodonga.tafe.edu.au/01_courses/course.jsp?id=AUR30905NANA
Old 21-08-2006, 03:27 PM   #76
banarcus
hmm eyebrows

Quote:
By the same token, if the Police can't handle being yelled at (and I am not saying in any way, shape, or form that yelling at the Police is ok) then maybe they have some personal issues that need to be adressed.
Rollin, ask your father mate, 95% of the time its water off a ducks back, but then there is the other 5% where you give as good as you get. People here will hear far worse language on MTV.
Old 21-08-2006, 04:58 PM   #77
lv619
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:

stage 3: For ever

Sell car, buy $100 ****er...

stage 3: they can have it

ahahaaa.
Old 21-08-2006, 05:09 PM   #78
Jake F6

Quote:
Originally Posted by lv619

Sell car, buy $100 ****er...

stage 3: they can have it

ahahaaa.
Presumably, then you could start to drive your good car again ??
Back to stage 1 again ?!?
Old 21-08-2006, 05:32 PM   #79
Redrum
Force Fed Fords

Quote:
Was cruisen around last night with 4 mates in my car, heading back towards a mates house in Croydon Hills when we see a cop car pulled up on the side of the road. For some stupid reason my mate lent out the window and said something like "thank you come again".

The policeman then pulled us over in Croydon Station at about 2.00am and they both went straight to my mates side of the car, pulled him out and demanded he sat against the fence. They gave him a long talking too, then one of the cops came upto my window and said can i see your licence, so i handed it over to him. The other cop then came ap to my window and said " if you don't tell me exactly what you mate yelled out the window, i will go over your car with a fine tooth combe and get you for everything, and also do you for stage one hoon laws"

I just acted really nice to the cop's and he let me go with a warning, they were swearing at both my mate and me. I should have asked both of them for there police numbers, might have toned them down abit.

Your mate is obviously just a moron, asking for trouble. You just happened to be the person driving the vehicle he was in. This sort of idiotic behaviour your mate displayed is common. There is no law that allows police officers to be abused and insulted in the line of their duty. And those people, like yourself, who don't seem to have an issue with this, in my opinion form the cesspool that society is becoming.

Simple equation..........you have some respect and you will get it back
Old 21-08-2006, 05:41 PM   #80
crannersEL
Banned

cesspool, i just looked that word up and its a bit harsh, considering i was in the wrong place at the wrong time with a dick head friend causing the trouble....
Old 21-08-2006, 05:42 PM   #81
SiKoRa_eL_97

Serious u do it to other ppl but not cops lol id throw him out make him walk
Old 21-08-2006, 05:51 PM   #82
Redrum
Force Fed Fords

Quote:
cesspool, i just looked that word up and its a bit harsh, considering i was in the wrong place at the wrong time with a dick head friend causing the trouble....
I understand how you have written thread and thought it was quite good until you put in the silly threat to ask for badge numbers.
Old 21-08-2006, 05:58 PM   #83
lv619
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLACK XR6-VCT
Presumably, then you could start to drive your good car again ??
Back to stage 1 again ?!?
Ha, yeah maybe... i'm not about to try it out though.
Old 21-08-2006, 06:26 PM   #84
snypereb
[EBGLT]

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech article(s) 

Close call paul! If that was my mate he would not be in the good books!!

Become an E-Series Owners Club Member Today!
http://eseries.com.au/index.php/membership/
Old 21-08-2006, 06:32 PM   #85
Jason[98.EL]
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by snypereb
Close call paul! If that was my mate he would not be in the good books!!
i would have and have done kicked a so called mate out of my car

jason

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old 21-08-2006, 06:50 PM   #86
snypereb
[EBGLT]

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech article(s) 

Quote:
Originally Posted by heljas
i would have and have done kicked a so called mate out of my car

jason
Made him walk home lol!

Become an E-Series Owners Club Member Today!
http://eseries.com.au/index.php/membership/
Old 21-08-2006, 06:51 PM   #87
XA-Coupe
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I think this can bite the dust.
Some of the attitudes displayed in here are disgraceful and are a prime example of why motoring enthusiasts get nailed because of loud mouthed know it alls.
Closed Thread