Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 03-09-2006, 11:58 AM   #31
buickman
buickman

One of my pet hate as well inconsiderate people that have no respect for others property. Its amazing within a month of purchasing the AU ghia some **** head had put a large dent into my rear !/4 looked as if a 4WD rear door had opened onto the car.
I purchased a Mazda SP20 for my wife new & within a few months some arshole ran a shopping trolley into the drivers door with $645 damage done.
buickman is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-09-2006, 07:41 PM   #32
XR6-VCT-2000
Fantastic Plastic

I'll just add too that although i hate the look of my towball thats on my car ( car came with it ) , i have been very nervous about removing it ! , as i know soon as i take it off i will probably cop a rear end whack in a carpark or something . The old 'shin killers' come in handy for more than just towing i guess ..lol

:eclipsee_
XR6-VCT-2000 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-09-2006, 11:57 AM   #33
james22
With da Warlords

many of you will remeber that i got hit up the *** again a couple of months ago by a inconsiderate driver who forgot to put their park brake on. Well my car went into the smash repairer yesterday, should have it back at the end of the week YAY :

For Sale: Parachute. Only used once, never opened, small stain.

Windsor Warlords
AU III XR-8220
300+ rwhp of Manual fun

XR50T Ute - 300rwkw (give or take depending on the day)
james22 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-09-2006, 01:13 PM   #34
BAFalconXT
Sold...

I had a Caprice(sorry not a ford) for just two weeks, and someone backed in to me and did hundreds of $ damage. I had a Calais and someone scraped a big dent about 1m long along the bottom of the doors. Someone scratched my mums paint on her brand new lancer pulling the badge off the back. Someone keyed my gfriends bonnet last week. No one owned up to any of that. I have never bumped, scratched, touched anyones car in a carpark or anywhere. God help the person I see scrape my car, and try to leave, I will put a dent the same size in there head! Lucky I have had my Ford now 1 1/2 years, no trolly dents or scrapes probably just jinxed myself....

Last edited by BAFalconXT; 05-09-2006 at 01:14 PM. Reason: error
BAFalconXT is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-09-2006, 01:33 PM   #35
XR6-VCT-2000
Fantastic Plastic

Quote:
Originally Posted by BAFalconXT
I had a Caprice(sorry not a ford) for just two weeks, and someone backed in to me and did hundreds of $ damage. I had a Calais and someone scraped a big dent about 1m long along the bottom of the doors. Someone scratched my mums paint on her brand new lancer pulling the badge off the back. Someone keyed my gfriends bonnet last week. No one owned up to any of that. I have never bumped, scratched, touched anyones car in a carpark or anywhere. God help the person I see scrape my car, and try to leave, I will put a dent the same size in there head! Lucky I have had my Ford now 1 1/2 years, no trolly dents or scrapes probably just jinxed myself....
You just reminded me ! , my poor missus had her car totally keyed .. this is going years back ... she had dumps for years then finaly got a new car , a ford telstar ( back in the day when they were new ) , she was wrapped as she hadn't been able to afford a half decent car for years ( was half decent in its time ..lol ) , anyways ... 2 weeks after she got it we went out the front 1 morning to find 'EVERY' panel had been keyed right down to the metal , the roof the lot , every panel , and 'HI' keyed into the boot , she didnt have insurance at the time either , some people are so f*****g lame ! , excuse the language sorry , but it really makes my blood boil , senseless destruction of other peoples propperty , sux .

hehehe , as far as dint/dings go in doors , too bad all cars weren't invented lined with magnets , but with like the N polaity pointing outwards inside all car door , 2 North polaritys going against each other ( like 2 doors with N polarity magnets in them ), the doors would allways push away from each other instead of magnatizing . Alot of extra weight , but damage these days would be reduced heaps , but the only problem still being like dudes walk past ya car with keys/metal in their pants and then they get pulled into ya door etc etc :togo: lol ,

Old 05-09-2006, 01:57 PM   #36
Dauphin
Irregular member

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Endless work keeping the AU.com.au web site happening 

Someone threw a brick at a side window of my car in the street and left a few little white chips in the glass. It set off the alarm but didn't smash it. When I got out there, all I could see was a young family with a pram walking away. It was dark at night and I am sure it wasn't them. I don't leave it out in the street anymore.

My hovercraft is full of eels!

Movie Car Chase of the Week: Gene Hackman driving a 1971 Pontiac LeMans to chase an elevated train in The French Connection (1971).
Dauphin is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-09-2006, 02:04 PM   #37
XR6-VCT-2000
Fantastic Plastic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dauphin
Someone threw a brick at a side window of my car in the street and left a few little white chips in the glass. It set off the alarm but didn't smash it. When I got out there, all I could see was a young family with a pram walking away. It was dark at night and I am sure it wasn't them. I don't leave it out in the street anymore.
Maybe the baby in the pram threw the brick , heheheh , jokin ..lol : :

Old 05-09-2006, 02:15 PM   #38
Dauphin
Irregular member

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Endless work keeping the AU.com.au web site happening 

Quote:
Originally Posted by XR6-VCT-2000
Maybe the baby in the pram threw the brick , heheheh , jokin ..lol : :
Probably, since it didn't break the glass. I'm glad it's strong stuff, but could have been due to an angle it may have been thrown at.

My hovercraft is full of eels!

Movie Car Chase of the Week: Gene Hackman driving a 1971 Pontiac LeMans to chase an elevated train in The French Connection (1971).
Dauphin is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-09-2006, 03:19 PM   #39
StAndArdAU
Back in a Blue Oval

We had a situation a couple of months back where some one was going around stealing, they toook 7 cars in total all either VNs or VLs and leaving them out at our "Back Beach" on fire!!! Though they were commodores it's still doesn't make it right.
Old 05-09-2006, 03:44 PM   #40
regencyred_sr2
Starter Motor

Im glad I'm not the only one who checks my car before I get in when in a carpark as my friends look at me like Im some kind of weirdo...And I too think about removing my towbar but it saves me the worry of some idiot out there who touches my bumper before releasing they are too close and reverse back. I dont feel like much of an over protective paranoid car owner when reading these posts lol.
regencyred_sr2 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-09-2006, 05:34 PM   #41
GlennBA
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

haven't these people ever heard of.... closing their god damn doors?? : : :
GlennBA is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-09-2006, 06:00 PM   #42
XR6-VCT-2000
Fantastic Plastic

Quote:
Originally Posted by regencyred_sr2
Im glad I'm not the only one who checks my car before I get in when in a carpark as my friends look at me like Im some kind of weirdo...And I too think about removing my towbar but it saves me the worry of some idiot out there who touches my bumper before releasing they are too close and reverse back. I dont feel like much of an over protective paranoid car owner when reading these posts lol.
lol , you've got every reason to be paranoid with the amount of arrogant tossers out there these days damaging cars , i check mine every time i get back in it at the carparks too ! ;) .... by the way , welcome to the forums mate .

cheers.

Old 05-09-2006, 06:31 PM   #43
bodes-sh
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlennAUII
haven't these people ever heard of.... closing their god damn doors?? : : :
lol i'm really surprised someone didn't say that earlier...and as the next word goes..."no"
bodes-sh is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-09-2006, 07:05 PM   #44
herogoose

u guys think u got it bad.
about a week after i got my car, some absoloute retard backed into my drivers door.
dent was so big that when my sis wound down the window the window had like 8 scratches. went down to the dude that did it. it was blatantly obvious it was him with racing orange paint all over the back of his black charade. he told me he didnt have his licence so i went upstairs told my bro he came back down and proceeded to kick this guys drivers door in and then chased him of down the street. havnt seen him since.

about 2 months after this happened a bus sideswiped the rear drivers quarter bending my bumper out and leaving a fat gash down the side of my car.

none of this has been damage has been 100% fixed as i cant afford to get a panel beater to do it so ive had to teach myself the trade.

im only on my L's but dam its amazing how bad some people are at driving.
and yea women and a 4wd. now thats a deadly combination
no offence

look at the pic in showroom under my tc cortina, that grey strip is where i bogged it up and painted it.
u cant really see it but there are numerous dents on the drivers door. i have nocked the majority of that one out thankfully.

Ben
herogoose is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-09-2006, 07:37 PM   #45
DJM83
Barra Turbo > V8
Donating Member3

I feel for you mate im am very picky where i park my car always away from anyone else at the end of a row or as others have said next to a spanking BMW or something flash. If there is a trolley near by i push it as far away as i can, my g/f drives it to i make sure she does the same. As for taking up to parks you better hope you dont get caught sometimes you can or it entices other cranky ppl to mark your car ause u took up 2 spaces.
Old 06-09-2006, 12:54 AM   #46
Abacus
Life's a Gas

Has everybody also noticed that it is a law of nature that no car can ever be parked on its own away from all other cars in a carpark. It doesn't matter how many empty spaces there are, and it doesn't matter how far away from all the other cars you park your car, when you come back somebody will have parked right next to it.
Abacus is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-09-2006, 01:42 AM   #47
4DGIRL
Starter Motor

Yes I Have Noticed That So I Give Up On That These Days "lol" It ****es Me Off 2 You Know Whats Worse Someone Thought A Key Would Look Much Better With The Door Dents...... Dam Mettalic Paint Show Up Everything!!!!!!!
4DGIRL is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-09-2006, 04:27 AM   #48
exrtnz
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by FourBarrel
Yeah I know about that. Went to visit parents last year and was sitting out the front of bunnings in their car waiting when this fat ***** slammed her door straight into the car. She didn't care about the damage she had caused and went to get in her car. I got out the car and she laughed at me and went to drive off. All it took was one solid punch to destroy the bonnet of her nice shiny Vectra.
Yeah I wouldve done the same thing, gotta watch them , they usually drive jap 2 doors , as the doors are bigger, more room to slither out of!
exrtnz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-09-2006, 04:34 AM   #49
Professor Farnsworth
Fossil fuel consumer

Location: Mod For: Pub, Bar, Sales Yard, Show 'N Shine, Photoshop, AU to BF, FG to FGX, Territory & Sports Bar
Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Many years of valuable contributions to the forum, including some superb build threads. 

heh @ all the people here who park like i do.. away from other people/next to poles etc. Thought i was the only one. To prevent dents i either park at the end of the row of spots, RIGHT over to the edge of the spot, or park away from other cars and hope no one joins the lone car.. OR next to a nicely maintained car. Many times i've parked next to another nicely done up falcon/holden/ricebox as you know they love their car as much as you love yours! There's far less chance of the problem.

Some stupid woman flew her door open on my BF when i had it.. i watched her as she was parking, made eye contact to make sure she knew i was there. Still flung it open... Couldn't believe it. Got out, asked her politely how her day was, then we sat down for scones and earl grey. No really, i got out and asked her if she had her cerebrum attached, and she flat out denied doing it. The impact of her door rocked me in the car, her paint was on my door, and there was a dent.. "i didn't do anything"

stupid, stupid woman.

Long story short, you can't avoid it 100% of the time, no matter how hard you try. I hate it, and dread it every time i see someone pull up next to my car! Do what i did, get two cars with dents already on them and you don't care as much. ;p
Professor Farnsworth is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-09-2006, 05:00 AM   #50
Kevin

Goodonya Simmo.

Been there, done that. Tantrums about scrapes and scratches mysteriously appearing.
It was a big deal to me and sure I got peaced off. Not anymore. I considered that *some* of the time it could have been purely accidental rather than sheer carelessness. As it could well have been.
So I told myself that sheete happens and always will but the biggie factor is the way I handle it.

Regarding your 'giving the biggest serve' may I very strongly suggest that you read or re-read my post dated April 8th. 11:27PM
http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?t=43972

I used to allow myself paralysis of mind due to blind anger. It's very dangerous to whoever is involved....anything could happen, you just don't know.
Kevin is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-09-2006, 07:04 PM   #51
Pies1

Quote:
Originally Posted by BJMXR
I havent been here for a while... but my fury thismorning is about 110%... some stupid assh@!e inconsiderate, lame, boring, rude ***** fu$% wit has opened their door into the side of my car and implanted a hefty ding and scratch in it... i'll tell you what it just pi$$es me off so much. If i had have seen this person do it, i swear they would have copped the biggest serve from me and i couldn't have given a ***** if their kids were around, they were an old grandpa or some hot chick, they would have been stuffed full of some filthy language about how much of a crap person they are...

Sorry but im pretty dark that no one seems to care, i park my car ALWAYS in spots miles away, next to walls, poles or wherever ******* like this dont exist... the one time i dont... look what happens...

Damn all you people out there who swing your doors open into cars...

Peace...

I hear you man, I have the same pain.

Some ******** did the same thing to me, I take pride in trying to keep my car unmarked etc.

I have a Venom Red Au2, and some arsewipe slammed their white car door into my front passenger door, and left a 2-3cm long white paint mark and dent.

Wish I had caught them in the act too!

I try to park away from other cars, but still people persist in parking next to you, even when there are plenty of spots around the carpark.
Pies1 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-09-2006, 12:27 PM   #52
BJMXR

Ultimately you forget about it, but damn it this one just got to me BIG TIME... plus i had had a s&!++y day anyway... so it just made me fume!

I guess, like my last one that i cared for so much, the ED XR6, it'll get stolen so the dints won't matter... if someone steals this car, im going to be a mad man...

I REALLY will BLAST the absolute hell out of anyone if i see them do it... Oh... they will COP IT!
Lowered on King SL & SSL
KONI "Yellows" Fully Adjustable Shocks
2.5in Stainless Herrods Cat back
Black Leather Interior
BJMXR is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-09-2006, 02:04 PM   #53
'68 CortyMan
Starter Motor

my corty had been garaged by an old lady for 36 years and not a tiny dent or scratch on it, then the first time i take it out to the shopping center, park in the furthest space away, it gets dented. Some ***** mother swung the door open into my baby - didnt even give a crap or even one concern or look at it - coz she was trying to get her toddler out of the back seat. I saw this when i was walking back to my car with some groceries, and couldnt let it be because she was such a stubborn selfish cow so i let her have it. And the funny thing was that she was parked about 10cm into my bay as it was! Grrrr this kind of thing is the only thing that the death sentence should be legal for. Selfish pricks.
'68 CortyMan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-09-2006, 02:31 PM   #54
Futura01
horsepower

F...K that , mate well this was few years back and a few years younger i might add..
I just had finished rebuilding my car from scratch with a 2.5k paint job and i parked it on the lowest level possible of a quite carpark that normally is empty..
Yep thats right i am walking back to my car after leaving it only for 15min and see this old toyota parked next to and very close i might add when the rest of the carpark was empty.
Straight away i knew it was hit and when i inspected up close yep dent and scratch where the moron opened his door and hit the car..
I lost it , i kicked in his drivers door and ripped his weather shield off his door and threw it on his roof and if the **** would have came back when i was doing it i proberly would have done the same to him ... @#%#$ thats all i can say
Futura01 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-09-2006, 06:16 PM   #55
BAFalconXT
Sold...

I will be going to the police if I see someone damage my car if they arent prepaired to pay for it...
Old 08-09-2006, 09:02 PM   #56
JoesAu

it happened to me as well, right in line with the line in the door and it has creased it, *** heads i tell ya i'll smash em,thats 300-400 out of my pocket for a full respreay of the door
JoesAu is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-09-2006, 09:04 PM   #57
JoesAu

sum one hit my boot as well, and scraped the top of the bottom spoiler just under the rego plate, im hoping to fix that myself sumhow.
Old 08-09-2006, 09:06 PM   #58
JoesAu

i was fuming i tell ya, i purposely parked a million miles away as well, still sum1 with a higher car and a towbar backs into me boot. theres just people out there that really dont know how to drive, it makes me wonder how they get their licences. people like us suffer.