Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > OzECruisers (E/N/D Series) > OzECruisers General Discussions

OzECruisers General Discussions E/N/D vehicles General Discussion ONLY. NO TECH THREADS

Old 10-09-2006, 11:35 AM   #1
BLSTIC
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Ok, so now I need a.... SKID CAR!!!

Well as I just said, a skid car is needed. This all became about because I'm moving back home in a few weeks, and in Cairns there are burnout nights every month (soon to be fortnightly) to keep the hoons off the street (which it does quite nicely, when the skids are on, apparently no-one is at maccas or doing skids on the street).

So naturally I need to make a burnout car to show up Mr(s?) Riceboy, and it really only has to follow three criteria. Cheap, RWD, and enough grunt to blow up tyres. Sounding good is only an option though.

I'm thinking EA-D Falcon, VH-N Commodore, any 6cyl toyota I can steal, etc.

Any more ideas?

Of course, ideas for mods are also accepted. As long as they are either functional, or are stupid enough to be cool (Like a side dump exhaust that goes over the guards instead of under the car). If I can, I might make a system where the front brakes can be pulled independantly of each other, making helis even easier.

Cya
Ben

BLSTIC is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-09-2006, 11:40 AM   #2
LUXO_8
windsor user

get a cheap eb V8......gli will do if its just a burnout hack..... they go on ebay every so often and all the cleap eseries apear to be in queensland (thats the way it apears to me because im after one in vic and they just dont show up lol)

remove the rear brakes as they only get in the way:P weld the diff, make the exhaust exit into the rear wheel wells to make the tyre smoke pump out, remove mufflers........straight pipes are king
LUXO_8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-09-2006, 11:40 AM   #3
dansedgli
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

V8 with power steering.

VN commodores V8's are fairly cheap, EB-ED V8's are also going cheap as chips now as well.

It must be a V8 with a loud exhaust to be good at skids.
Old 10-09-2006, 11:44 AM   #4
mcflux
Banned
Donating Member1

Throw a stally in too :P
mcflux is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-09-2006, 12:11 PM   #5
Kenaz
Donating Member
Donating Member1

I would suggest a EB V8 of some description. They might be slow, but they can rip a nice skid.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wheels Nov 02
It's suave, more subtle, and yet no less stirring. In fact, the boosted Ford is more polished than any big sedan Australia has ever produced. It's just so damn good, it makes the SS feel crude... Ignore the WRX. Forget the E49. Falcon XR6 Turbo is king.
Kenaz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-09-2006, 12:12 PM   #6
BLSTIC
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Hmm yeah, maybe a V8

actually, we have an old carbied 308 lying around up there (If paul hasnt sold it), might be good for a commodore. or a corolla.

Im talking 'here, have this car' kinda cheap too...

Is it possible to make a ford OHC six sound good with a hacksaw?

cya
Ben
Old 10-09-2006, 12:40 PM   #7
lcdownes

hacking the pipe off doesnt make it sound "good" just loud. But key bangers go off. Like a bloody shotgun. if u doit leave one muffler on and tear out all the baffle so it amplifies

BANG BANg!
lcdownes is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-09-2006, 01:01 PM   #8
BLSTIC
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

yeah, i wasnt planning on cutting off the entire system, but cutting off the pipe on the 82 cressida (i left one muffler on, out of 3) made it sound quite beefy and gave it a nice burble at idle.

cya
Ben
Old 10-09-2006, 05:03 PM   #9
castek
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

i got a really old mazda from a wrecker. it was a 4 spd manual, rwd, no idea what year it was. but man did it rip burnouts. i welded the diff and chopped the springs, it was the ultimate burnout machine.

alternatively, do wat my dad did and buy a "donor' car like a 81 ltd with a 351.
castek is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-09-2006, 05:06 PM   #10
TUF_302
The Vengeful One
Donating Member1

A V8 Falcon ute, always go hard and no weight in the rear!!
Old 10-09-2006, 08:26 PM   #11
CaRtZ
Aspiring mr efxr

yeah ute with an 8, locked diff and loosen the rear brakes right off...

Standard = 99.6rwkw <!> 2.5" SuperCat cat back exhaust, Wade 1636 cam, K&N boxed pod (new dyno required
Sony headunit, splits, 6.5"s and 2 x 12" with response precision amp = 135.5 dB

Daily = Ae82 '85 corolla Fwd :togo: , 5 speed, 12" sub, 6x9's, green LED's

the course i am studying: http://www.wodonga.tafe.edu.au/01_courses/course.jsp?id=AUR30905NANA
CaRtZ is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-09-2006, 08:43 PM   #12
XRated
Shoot.

As much as I hate to admit it, the injected 308 sounds tough; VN/VP 5L. Light, crappy chassis, and there are plenty of aftermarket parts for the 308.

20V Turbo

XRated is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-09-2006, 07:36 AM   #13
BLSTIC
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

yeah, but I cant get a hold of a VN V8 for next to nothing. That said, I do have access to a Carbied V8 or two. What do people reckon about a red holden 6 in an old corolla?
Old 11-09-2006, 07:52 AM   #14
castek
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

stay away from a red 6. i had one in my first car, and when i put my foot down, nothing happened. the injected 6 from a vk with a really high diff ratio spins really well. how about a carbied 8 in a old corolla?
castek is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-09-2006, 10:25 AM   #15
BLSTIC
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Im leaning towards 6cyl grunt. Nothing against 8's but the way the burnout comp rules work, its 4, 6, 8 cylinder, and ladies for the car classes, and one motorbikes class.

and naturally beating the top cars in the V8 class will be hard (308 Gemini, 1UZ Centura, 4V Cleveland powered XD, etc), so I'm going for top honours in the 4 or 6cyl class. And as well all know good, cheap 4cylinder burnout monsters are few and far between, it looks like a 6 for me.

That said, a 308 Corolla would be a wild thing, with the power, response, and lack of weight to turn itself around in milliseconds...

does anyone know whether any 6cyl toyotas are good to do skids in? I had a cressida a while back that had a buggered fuel pump that was holding it back, but im not sure what the rest are like.

cya
Ben