Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > OzECruisers (E/N/D Series) > OzECruisers General Discussions

OzECruisers General Discussions E/N/D vehicles General Discussion ONLY. NO TECH THREADS

Old 12-09-2006, 10:14 AM   #1
goXF
Now AU powered

Wink My parents new EL - only 60,000Km!

Well as of yesterday we now have 2 E series cars in the family.

My sister has a 1997 EL GLi with about 200,000km on the clock and now my parents have just upgraded their 1986 XF with about 321,000Km on the clock.

It was bought from a dealer in bendigo with a good reputation - but also for a good rep for higher prices...but anyway i think the deal was still pretty good.

08/1997 EL Falcon futura 'saphire' sedan.
Only travelled 62,000Km
Has been serviced regularly from new about every 6 months and interior and exterior is in excellent condition - except for a few marks and srcapes.

My father talked to the original owner who said it was only used for longer trips and was serviced regularly. They only sold it to get a 4cylinder car to be a bit cheaper on the wallet.

I also talked to the mechanic who did the servicing on it (who happened to be my mechanic) and he said it was certainly a good car and nothin really wrong with it.

I had a 25Km drive of it today and it certainly drives like new - very nice. Compared to his rusted out XF its a very big step up! A lot quieter in the cabin - a lot more power etc and also things like cruise control, power windows, remote central locking and dual airbags which is all new for my parents.

Now you may think the price was a little steep but it really is in a great condition and they are happy with it so i guess thats what counts.

$9999 + stamp duty and transfer fees.

The dealer also threw in an extra months warranty (4 total),
one free service,
4 new looking genuine ford floor mats
and also headlight protectors.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg 100_0145.JPG (86.0 KB, 53 views)
File Type: jpg 100_0146.JPG (128.9 KB, 67 views)
File Type: jpg 100_0138.JPG (51.2 KB, 52 views)

Current Car: 2002 AU3 Falcon Forte sedan, 51,000Km when purchased - NOW: 81,000Km.
goXF is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-09-2006, 11:25 AM   #2
Kenaz
Donating Member
Donating Member1

Well it certainly looks to be in mint condition. Good condition EF/ELs are still very nice cars to drive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wheels Nov 02
It's suave, more subtle, and yet no less stirring. In fact, the boosted Ford is more polished than any big sedan Australia has ever produced. It's just so damn good, it makes the SS feel crude... Ignore the WRX. Forget the E49. Falcon XR6 Turbo is king.
Kenaz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-09-2006, 11:48 AM   #3
Dezza
Parts bin special

Nice buy! That's like new! Hope they get a good run out of it.

Daily 2014 SZII Territory diesel - basic runabout

Previous Cars 1990 EAII Fairmont Ghia - Tickford engine, 5 speed, SVO wheels, bodykit, much more
2000 AUII Fairmont - XR wheels, Ghia interior
2010 FG XR50T ute - XR8 bonnet, Streetfighter intake
Dezza is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-09-2006, 12:06 PM   #4
Twisted
Contributing Member

Looks very nice and clean mate, good pickup. Has less kms than my XR6T lol.

SHOW YOUR SUPPORT
FordForums.com.au
Hats, Stickers & Patches are now available!
Twisted is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-09-2006, 01:47 PM   #5
Bipolar
I'm back. Same car.

Wicked buy! That's a decent price from a dealer. Mine had 30000 more on it and I paid $1200 more for it 2½ years ago.
Bipolar is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post