Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > OzECruisers (E/N/D Series) > OzECruisers General Discussions

OzECruisers General Discussions E/N/D vehicles General Discussion ONLY. NO TECH THREADS

Old 16-03-2005, 06:34 PM   #1
brockfordsrule

Default playtime is about to start on the beast and the xf

tomorrow morning I am getting a delivery from the wreckers I deal with which has my new thermo fans for the brock and also the new engine and gearbox for the xf panel van so by tomorrow night the thermofans should be fitted and functioning and the mess under the bonnet of the xf created by my mum should be out ready for a friday night install of the new engine and gearbox but cause I can be a mongrel I might make em wait a bit....so tonight I better sort out all my tools and toss all the ones I broke out and buy replacements where I dont have 4 others of good quality to back them up...

Once I have the old engine out of the xf I will cut loose with the camera and post pics of all the damage including all the internal breakages once I completely disassemble the engine

Last edited by brockfordsrule; 16-03-2005 at 06:37 PM.
brockfordsrule is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-03-2005, 06:48 PM   #2
LUXO_8
windsor user

haha, sounds like you've got it all under control mate......
LUXO_8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-03-2005, 07:15 PM   #3
Kryton

dont forget that old broken tools make good levers and chisels!
Kryton is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-03-2005, 07:24 PM   #4
brockfordsrule

Quote:
Originally Posted by davway
dont forget that old broken tools make good levers and chisels!

lol nah they make a really great kit for mum cause at least one end of the broken spanners works anyhow what would she know she has no idea what tools she has and whats good or broken....... lol
Old 16-03-2005, 07:26 PM   #5
brockfordsrule

Quote:
Originally Posted by MADNC_8
haha, sounds like you've got it all under control mate......
yeah mate all bare the camera shots geeez there is gonna be some mess spead out once I lay all the bits out might need you to come up and take the photos as I disassemble the mongrel.......lol
Old 16-03-2005, 07:38 PM   #6
LUXO_8
windsor user

will look right at home at your place.... nah just joking........:P
Old 19-03-2005, 01:24 PM   #7
brockfordsrule

well tomorrow is the day for all the swearing and cursing to start as thats when the xf gets its old engine and gearbox removed and the new one installed..... the most fun will be keeping the engine hoist steady...you gotta love sloping driveways... lol
all bar the gearbox mounts are undone, the engine mounts are just slipped in to hold the engine in place
Old 19-03-2005, 01:42 PM   #8
LUXO_8
windsor user

cool should still be right to come to your place tomorrow mate, might be able to lend a hand