Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > OzECruisers (E/N/D Series) > OzECruisers General Discussions

OzECruisers General Discussions E/N/D vehicles General Discussion ONLY. NO TECH THREADS

Old 19-09-2006, 01:54 PM   #1
alecrain
'03 BA XT

Arrow tow bar "coupling" component

Hi y'all,
I needed to hire a trailer to get some stuff form IKEA but on all the servos I visited they didn't have the tow bar "coupling" component that would allow me to connect the trailer (see picture).
I need to know where I can get it and how much it costs.
They didn't have that in the SuperChepAuto (in Rowville)....

Any ideas?

p.s I bought the car over a month ago.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg tow bar.jpg (83.8 KB, 47 views)
alecrain is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-09-2006, 02:52 PM   #2
Brett3158

That looks like a Hayman Reese towbar. Look up this brand in the yellow pages to find a new one or ring around the wreckers and see what you can find. Also place an ad in the wanted section of this forum. Note that you will need the pin as well.
Brett3158 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-09-2006, 06:05 PM   #3
05MkIIFutura
SV6000. Yum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brett3158
That looks like a Hayman Reese towbar. Look up this brand in the yellow pages to find a new one or ring around the wreckers and see what you can find. Also place an ad in the wanted section of this forum. Note that you will need the pin as well.
Mate ur a bloody legend to pick that as a HR towpack. How did u do it.
05MkIIFutura is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-09-2006, 06:08 PM   #4
05MkIIFutura
SV6000. Yum

Quote:
Originally Posted by alecrain
Hi y'all,
I needed to hire a trailer to get some stuff form IKEA but on all the servos I visited they didn't have the tow bar "coupling" component that would allow me to connect the trailer (see picture).
I need to know where I can get it and how much it costs.
They didn't have that in the SuperChepAuto (in Rowville)....

Any ideas?

p.s I bought the car over a month ago.

Not being picky or anything but the part you need is either known as the hitch or neck. Just so you know in the future
05MkIIFutura is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-09-2006, 11:12 PM   #5
Brett3158

If he had to ask he obviously needed some advice including the set up he has. By the way your own advice also seems rather legendary.

Last edited by Brett3158; 19-09-2006 at 11:36 PM.
Brett3158 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-09-2006, 08:22 AM   #6
alecrain
'03 BA XT

Smile found it

It's called Hayman Reese type tongue or ballmount and new is for $75 in a number of towbar specialized stores across VIC.
Thanks Brett3158 your reply was very useful
alecrain is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post