Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 26-09-2006, 07:07 PM   #1
jamie888
Starter Motor

Default Vibration

I HAVE A 2000 MODEL AU XR8 UTE.WHEN THE CAR'S REVE'S REACH ABOUT 2500rpm THERE'S A VIBRATION THROUGHOUT THE ENTIRE BODY. IVE HAD THE WHEELS BALANCED AND AN ALIGNMENT DONE AND ALL WAS GOOD. IVE BEEN TO 4 DIFFERENT MECHANICS AND ALL CAME UP WITH DIFF ANSWERS. I PERSONALLY THINK ITS IN THE DRIVELINE SOMEWHERE, BUT THE MECHANICS ARE SAYING ITS MOTOR. ANYONE ELSE HAD THIS PROBLEM THAT MIGHT BE ABLE TO SHARE SOME INFO, SUGGESTIONS. :

jamie888 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-09-2006, 07:20 PM   #2
phat_stak_tipa
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

maybe engine mounts/trans mounts, possibly problems with torque converter/trans,if its auto of course!!!
tailshaft might even be loose or damaged???
phat_stak_tipa is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-09-2006, 07:31 PM   #3
jamie888
Starter Motor

THANKS mate but ive had the tail shaft checked and thats ok,all engine mounts ok. The only thing i can think off is clutch!! Its the 5 speed manual
Old 26-09-2006, 07:41 PM   #4
phat_stak_tipa
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

hmm could be loose bolts on your flywheel of clutch dramas??? have you been flogging the car lately e.g snapping seconds or doing burnouts......or towing anything.....could even be just worn out...
Old 26-09-2006, 07:47 PM   #5
jamie888
Starter Motor

nah,driving miss daisy more like it. i do bout 1000ks per week. its got 140 000kms on clock. if im cruising along theres a loud whining sound. once the clutch is put in or its taken out of gear the whining noise goes. ford told me its rear engine bearing n its going to cost a fortune,money i dnt fancy spending on it.
Old 26-09-2006, 07:56 PM   #6
phat_stak_tipa
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

hmmm fair enough, if ford said its that then it may well be......not the gearbox itself maybe????
Old 26-09-2006, 08:04 PM   #7
JOSH
FF.Com.Au Hardcore
Donating Member1

Check your harmonic balancer
JOSH is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-09-2006, 08:16 PM   #8
jamie888
Starter Motor

not sure...its getting worse so im sure ill find out whats wrong soon enough!!!!!!!!!
Old 26-09-2006, 08:18 PM   #9
XEESP_351

check for a wobble in the tailshaft
XEESP_351 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-09-2006, 08:27 PM   #10
jamie888
Starter Motor

thanks guys,ive got more of an idea now!!!!!!!!! GO THE MIGHTY FALCONS
Old 26-09-2006, 08:34 PM   #11
AWD Chaser
Formally Kia Chaser

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

Does it happen at 2500rpm or at/above a certain speed? If it happens at any speed at 2500rpm, it won't be anything behind your gearbox (ie. tailshaft, diff, axle, etc...)

Does it shake at 2500rpm in neutral?

How certain are you that it is not an engine mount and why?
Could be a loose engine mount rather then a collapsed one....

As with the whine, it's your diff. Common on all diffs, and needs to be repaired to fix it, but I would say that that is a seperate issue unless the above is speed related...

HSV Clubsport R8 VY (2003)
Black, 6sp Manual, Coulson Seats, Red on black interior, Pacemaker extractors, Twin 2.5" exhaust, Custom Red 20" VE GTS Rims, Custom Red Stitching
AWD Chaser is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-09-2006, 07:22 PM   #12
AUTickford
XD197

If the noise goes away when u put your foot on the clutch it could be the spigot bearing in the back of the crank. If its apart id check the clutch assembly and the release bearing also, these can get noisy when worn but normally they make noise when u apply clutch. Either way let us know how u go
AUTickford is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-09-2006, 09:53 PM   #13
xr8ute
Back on the road

Like AU3 Chaser said, how well did you check the engine mounts?

I had a bad vibe in my ute for a long time cruising around 120km/h. I checked mounts, tailshaft, suspension/wheels etc. but couldn't find anything wrong either.

I pulled the engine out the other week to fix an unrelated and found the stud on top of the middle part of the engine mount on both sides had snapped off at the bottom.

I can post up a pic if you want.

AU XR8 Ute 13.90 @ 100mph - http://www.aufalcon.com/xr8ute
5L Windsor, GT40X heads, Crane 2030, Pacey 4-1s, Lukey 3", 3.91:1, auto. Tuned by me w/Quarterhorse and BinaryEditor.

Coming Soon: Ported lower intake, Tickford "Premium" Brakes, and a good wash.
xr8ute is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post