Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > OzECruisers (E/N/D Series) > OzECruisers General Discussions

OzECruisers General Discussions E/N/D vehicles General Discussion ONLY. NO TECH THREADS

Old 21-03-2005, 12:44 PM   #1
brockfordsrule

Default hm gem now want the blown engine back

hahahahaha hm gem now want the xf's engine back I have no idea why they want it being as its completely totalled. Their exact comments were"warrantee wasnt tranferable with the sale of the car but now you have pulled it completely to bits we will send a guy around to inspect the damage and we may want to take the engine back". I say it aint theirs anymore its been paid for so I wanna keep hold of it for a while as they want some of the top end which is undamaged and I want the top end as spares.

photos here.
http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?t=5715

what are the thoughts from you guys
brockfordsrule is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-03-2005, 12:55 PM   #2
InitialD
Low and Loud

Tell them to go jump in a river :P

1993 Ford Falcon XR6 Poly Green Stationwagon - 4.0 I6, Auto, 3:45LSD, All the usual XR6 Stuff but in a wagon :
InitialD is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-03-2005, 02:09 PM   #3
rag top
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Should sell the bits to them or exchange for another motor!
Old 21-03-2005, 02:09 PM   #4
Walkinshaw
Two > One

right so this engine was in the car when you baught it? HM never had any rights to the engine. Its not a leased engine ala F1 cars, let the guy come arround and lay into the engine with a sledge hammer whilst laughing.

Either that or yeah, keep the top end for spairs.

Walkinshaw is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-03-2005, 02:40 PM   #5
brockfordsrule

i just think its humourous that they want it back I mean there is absolutely nothing left that they can use from the bottom end. The gearbox thats attached needs a new speedo drive, only the head and external parts of the engine are any good to anyone unless they have a miracle cure for a 4 inch round hole and a 6 inch round hole in the block
Old 21-03-2005, 03:22 PM   #6
Kryton

Quote:
Originally Posted by brockfordsrule
unless they have a miracle cure for a 4 inch round hole and a 6 inch round hole in the block
dont laugh too soon...its Gem.
if the warranty wasnt transferable to the new owner (which i would challenge anyway) then i wouldnt be giving them the engine. they have no claim over it. either take the head off and give them whats left thats ****ed (free disposal!!) or tell them to open their wallets and lay out some $$$ for the whole lot.
or alternatively contact consumer affairs and see what they think about a warranty that isnt transferable.
Kryton is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-03-2005, 03:38 PM   #7
svo347
AFF's 1st DM.......

Location: Wha???... There is only 2 states 2 be in.. WA or Drunk..

Agreed.... Whats it worth to em$$$
Quote:
Originally Posted by zetec
I know what lengths they go to to ensure it's more than just a Ford sticker on the part. Ford doesn't throw it's name on anything for a quick buck.
06 Turbo Terri AWD 6 sp in Neo with stuff i didnt even need, side steps,15.2 inch roof mounted DVD,Pioneer $tezza,Selby 30/18mm swaybars,debunged,100 cpsi Ballistic cat,Plazmaman under battery Cai injectors 14/lb boost,ZF tuned,Xtreme's magic. :
svo347 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-03-2005, 04:24 PM   #8
The MaDDeSTMaN
No longer driving a Ford.

Quote:
Originally Posted by davway
or alternatively contact consumer affairs and see what they think about a warranty that isnt transferable.
I agree, contact consumer affairs first of all and find out where you stand with regards to a non-transferrable warranty, explain the whole situation to them and see what they think.
The MaDDeSTMaN is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-03-2005, 07:21 PM   #9
Psycho Chicken
Banned

I'd let em come round, greet them with an angle grinder and some small pieces of block and crank shaft.
Psycho Chicken is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-03-2005, 07:31 PM   #10
FordFan86
meow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walkinshaw
let the guy come arround and lay into the engine with a sledge hammer whilst laughing.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Psycho Chicken
I'd let em come round, greet them with an angle grinder and some small pieces of block and crank shaft.
:thebirds: :thebirds: :thebirds: : :Reverend: overkill on the smilies those comments made me laugh a lot
FordFan86 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-03-2005, 10:21 PM   #11
brockfordsrule

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psycho Chicken

lol wouldnt take a great deal to cut it up it already has 2 awesome holes in the block i can physically hand them pieces of cam shaft and wouldnt take much to cut through the crank especially where no.6 damaged it.... lol its a real ****a to see the damage close up, all that damge from a mum driven car lmao.

I have never seen an engine detinate like this one did
Old 21-03-2005, 10:50 PM   #12
Kryton

Quote:
Originally Posted by brockfordsrule

I have never seen an engine detonate like this one did
ive seen a gemini engine do the same at 60kmh. hole in the side of the block was about 6 inches in diameter. a heap of internal shit was either bent or destroyed.
Old 22-03-2005, 06:20 PM   #13
brockfordsrule

well the saga gets even more funny. we got our visit from the engineer from Gem.. the stupid d*ckhead kept making mention of parts failing that could of caused the problem funny thing is they supplied all of them. The moron walked right by the engine to start with and down to the xf when asked what he was doing he told mum he was the guy from gem and mum said" you walked right past the engine stupid" his reply was oh ok didnt think that could have been the one you meant. geez its sure a mess"

the list of possible causes and remakes made were.

faulty distributor (gem suplied with engine)

faulty air/fuel mixture (never touched except at service and as was set by Gem themselves)

Timing out - tested and it was spot on

old oil being put through the car( not possible as we have the full service history and receipts for all services and parts prior to our purchase and mum just aint that stupid)

there were other ones but they are just way too stupid to mention

have decided to take the mess to an engineering friend of mine in nsw that can xray the bits and tell how long the engine has been sick if i can prove it was faulty from Gem orginally it will get a whole lot more fun.
Old 22-03-2005, 07:30 PM   #14
Kryton

theyll tell you anything to lay the blame on you. go ahead and prove it was their doing.
years and years ago dad got a replacement engine from a similar company (could have been the same mob??), ran it in like they said, changed the oil and all that and it didnt even make it 1000km before it blew up and destroyed itself. he towed it back to them and they shrugged and said "youve been floggin it, not our problem". now this wasnt the case at all so he took it to a mechanic friend who pulled it out and found that there was an old warped flywheel instead of a brand new one that he had paid the company for.
well in the end he got a new engine AND a full refund.
moral is: DONT BUY FROM THESE PLACES.
Old 22-03-2005, 08:02 PM   #15
Psycho Chicken
Banned

Hahahaha the dizzy caused that?

Man I know some engineers are all text book but bloody hell!
Psycho Chicken is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-03-2005, 08:14 PM   #16
brockfordsrule

the one i found to be amusing although its sorta true but only in the situation of hot spots in the engine is

the water temp guage does not indicate in any way the how hot the engine is... I know if you run it outa water then this would be the case also in the case of a hot spot certain parts of the engine could get super hot but to say that in ordinary conditions the water temp guage doesn't give an indication of how hot the engine is well thats news to me.... if it isnt and indicator then why the hell have a temp guage.