Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 18-03-2015, 01:10 PM   #301
Road_Warrior
Pity the fool

Default Re: 2015 Ford Everest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bevsta007 View Post
I wonder if there will be a Wildtrack version?
Seeing a few Wildtrack Rangers Rangers about, looking good, so they seem to sell alright.
maybe after 12 months of sales They might think about it
Doubt it, considering there will be a Titanium variant. 'Titanium' would have more badge cred considering the duties of the car, family wagon etc.

I wonder if they will offer a no frills off road spec for the miners? Like the 70 series Landcruiser with plain cloth seats, vinyl floor and so forth.

1970 XW Falcon GT replica | 1970 XW Falcon | 1971 XY Fairmont | 1973 ZG Fairlane | 1986 XF Falcon panel van | 1987 XFII Falcon S-Pack | 1988 XF Falcon GLS ute | 1993 EBII Fairmont V8 | 1996 XG Falcon ute | 2000 AU Falcon wagon | 2004 BA Falcon XT | 2012 SZ Territory Titanium AWD

Proud to buy Australian and support Ford Australia through thick and thin
Road_Warrior is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-03-2015, 01:38 PM   #302
Vesper Martini
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Road_Warrior View Post
Doubt it, considering there will be a Titanium variant. 'Titanium' would have more badge cred considering the duties of the car, family wagon etc.

I wonder if they will offer a no frills off road spec for the miners? Like the 70 series Landcruiser with plain cloth seats, vinyl floor and so forth.
Yes I know, same as how there is no Titanium Ranger, but I believe a sporty looking package would do well in the Australian market.
as for a no frills model, I have no doubt,

when you go to places like Thailand the roads are filed with no frills models locally produced
Seadoo Challenger 210SE 310HP
Vesper Martini is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-03-2015, 02:09 PM   #303
paulb351

Ford have released a new video showing terrain management on the fly. Check out the ford Aus Facebook page. Looks good...
paulb351 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-03-2015, 04:03 PM   #304
csv8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

RAPTOR version!!!
Old 18-03-2015, 07:26 PM   #305
Matty4
Banana

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulb351 View Post
Ford have released a new video showing terrain management on the fly. Check out the ford Aus Facebook page. Looks good...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h0CkNZyjtFE
This user likes this post:
Old 19-03-2015, 07:15 PM   #306
LS2 KLR

I really hope this vehicle can tow 3500kg at its GVM and not like the Ranger with 150kg or so of payload. This vehicle has me very interested, just need to see what the specs are. Hopefully Ford have done a proper job. Please Ford I hope you have.
LS2 KLR is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-03-2015, 07:43 PM   #307
Tbm1121

Quote:
Originally Posted by LS2 KLR View Post
I really hope this vehicle can tow 3500kg at its GVM and not like the Ranger with 150kg or so of payload. This vehicle has me very interested, just need to see what the specs are. Hopefully Ford have done a proper job. Please Ford I hope you have.
They've already stated that due to the independent rear end that the towing capacity is only 3000kg. Not 3500kg. Sorry
Tbm1121 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-03-2015, 08:07 PM   #308
Orangejuicepony

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tbm1121 View Post
They've already stated that due to the independent rear end that the towing capacity is only 3000kg. Not 3500kg. Sorry

It has solid axel with watts linkage (same style as the old falcon), the lower rating will be because the coils are tuned for comfort and won't cope with the extra forces on the tow ball.

There is a lot that goes into a tow rating and much of it is marketing, the fact that one vehicle can do more than another can be quite meaningless in most cases.

But you are right about the ranger, the took 100kg off the payload and added 150 to the trailer, this increasing the GCM by 50kg not 150kg as marketing might let you believe. All because of a different weld, yeah right.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Orangejuicepony is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-03-2015, 08:18 PM   #309
Orangejuicepony

Quote:

It's 3000kg I'm afraid, but this is prob for the best, less is more in many cases as its common for vehicles with higher ratings to be overloaded because the owners have the mentality the vehicle is stronger than normal because it has the highest rating, then when you go off road the ratings usually come down further. Land Rover are one example who drop their ratings by more than half for off-road towing. Pretty smart if you never want your vehicle seen to break when pushed.

Toyota have used this angle for decades, while their products are no stronger than any one else's, they are less stressed on average so appear to be more durable and stronger as a result.

Outback roadhouses that repair several bent chassis a week are seeing more Nissans (D40 not D22) and Mitsubishis than toyotas, but some are bending. The 70series while occasionally get broken, are the least likely and they are one of the few that can be upgraded to have 4000kg GCM, that's 1 tonne in the back and 3500 in tow. Nice fat steel chassis, but smashing it through a washout at 100 and don't be surprised if something bends, most Utes don't stand a chance.

Everest being a wagon won't have this issue. And a lower tow rating will protect it even more.

Old 19-03-2015, 08:26 PM   #310
Orangejuicepony

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Damo View Post
Same with my diesel Focus, decent gains are easily achievable, went from 89KW at the fronts to 124KW with a tune and some minor mods

I don't understand why they only get like 430nm out of 4.5L V8 with a turbo on the side of it, its not like its some old banger IDI diesel either, its direct injected.

Any diesel engine can make good gains when you tune it yourself, especially modern stuff.

They are sleepers, like the xr6 turbo, the BA which I had with 240kw where as low as they could get it, it was more likely 270-300 through development. The 4.5TD doubles the torque and power with just a tune. Put an exhaust on and you get more.

They are mainly for the mines, they just make great tourers and in such a docile tune they'll last longer than anyone will need them too.

There was a good example in 4wd monthly that was showing off a $17k Alison 6-speed conversion, and it has a chip and exhaust and was making around 900nm and 230kw reliably. The twin turbo brother in the 200 will do that with a mild tune alone. But you start snapping drive shafts in the front pretty quick when in low range.

Old 19-03-2015, 08:29 PM   #311
Orangejuicepony

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoke Pursuit View Post
let's hope the v8 is more popular in the Hilux then it is in the 76 series... What a joke those things are.

We got a dual cab at more and seems ok to me, what's the problem your speaking of? Cant be worse than the 3L patrol issues, they were wide spread but I had two GU one Di and one CRD and neither missed a beat so I start to doubt rumours now and go by 1st hand experience.

Old 19-03-2015, 08:34 PM   #312
Orangejuicepony

Default 2015 Ford Everest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoke Pursuit View Post
Yeah yeah yeah... I know plenty Toyota buyers who are sheep, most of them own Hiluxs, As for the Pk ranger being crap it's actually comparable to the Kun Hilux so calm your horses.

No, most mines and companies (like mine) own hilux's, mums and dads by Korean SUVs or Mazda 3s. The same could be said about any ute, where do you think the Rangers sales are going? hilux sales are not going down, Ranger is taking sales off the other Utes, falcon and commodore.

We buy hilux for the same reason we use hand held computer with windows CE for $5k, they never break, nothing changes and you rely on making money of the platform every hour of the working day. This they deliver on, that's a guarantee.

Old 19-03-2015, 08:41 PM   #313
Orangejuicepony

Quote:
Originally Posted by galaxy xr8 View Post
Yeah and have a look where in the rev range where that peak torque comes in on both vehicles please.....do some research, anyway you seem to want to try and express all the downsides about the Toyota and I applaud you to keep me amused, as by doing so your the one that is cluthching at straws, where as all along I have only maintained that Toyota has been the leader in this segment and people like you refuse to believe in it, and its about time that Ford has taken a leaders ship role.

This a very hard point to get across to people. I used to be fooled by the numbers on paper, and not until we swapped to hilux did I realise how good they go. They go way harder than the numbers indicate, and for months I couldn't work it out until I did some reaseRch and found the peak torque at 1400rpm, and hold this flat till at least 3000. The area under the curve is often larger than a smaller motor with high boost.

This is why 380nm GU I had was a slug compared to the spritely 343nm in the lux (weight aside). The nissan had nothing till 2000 and peaked, which was well down by 3000 and gone by 3500. The lux was making more sooner and later in the rev range. Easy motor to drive.

This was on part why I opted for Prado because it shares the same motor with more poke, 410nm from 1500 through to 3000 and it shows. Still, the ranger does this and more now, but in 2007 when the prado upgraded 1kd came out nothing compared, much like the 200s v8, which still is unmatched today. It's in need of an upgrade and the competition is only marginally better so it's still a good buy.

Old 19-03-2015, 08:41 PM   #314
XR Martin
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orangejuicepony View Post
Cant be worse than the 3L patrol issues, they were wide spread but I had two GU one Di and one CRD and neither missed a beat so I start to doubt rumours now and go by 1st hand experience.
We've had heaps through work and let me tell you they arnt rumours regarding the 'handgrenadeness' of the ZD30.
2016 FGX XR8 Sprint, 6speed manual, Kinetic Blue #170

2004 BA wagon RTV project.

1998 EL XR8, Auto, Hot Chilli Red

1993 ED XR6, 5speed, Polynesian Green. 1 of 329. Retired

1968 XT Falcon 500 wagon, 3 on the tree, 3.6L. Patina project.
XR Martin is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-03-2015, 08:44 PM   #315
Orangejuicepony

Quote:
Originally Posted by velvet View Post
Toyota's high resale value is a myth, with the Hilux at least. a 2nd hand (3 yr old) hilux is say 40k(what they sell for not advertised at) and a Navara or whatever is 30k but the hilux cost 17k more on purchase 57K and 40K respectively
Before anyone says I'm full of **** I had 2 Navs before my PX and a mate had 2 Hilux's at the same time, and these figures are what we bought and sold them for.
Also the PXs are really holding their value, I purchased my first one for $50300 and sold it with nearly 90000Ks for $41700 after 3 yrs.

Know about hilux because we haven't needed to replace one yet, the oldest is 6 years and has nearly 400,000kms on it and it goes just the same as the two new ones (minus the upgrades).

Prado is unbelievable though by comparison, as is any of the Land cruiser branded vehicles.

Old 19-03-2015, 10:22 PM   #316
galaxy xr8
Giddy up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orangejuicepony View Post
This a very hard point to get across to people. I used to be fooled by the numbers on paper, and not until we swapped to hilux did I realise how good they go. They go way harder than the numbers indicate, and for months I couldn't work it out until I did some reaseRch and found the peak torque at 1400rpm, and hold this flat till at least 3000. The area under the curve is often larger than a smaller motor with high boost.

This is why 380nm GU I had was a slug compared to the spritely 343nm in the lux (weight aside). The nissan had nothing till 2000 and peaked, which was well down by 3000 and gone by 3500. The lux was making more sooner and later in the rev range. Easy motor to drive.

This was on part why I opted for Prado because it shares the same motor with more poke, 410nm from 1500 through to 3000 and it shows. Still, the ranger does this and more now, but in 2007 when the prado upgraded 1kd came out nothing compared, much like the 200s v8, which still is unmatched today. It's in need of an upgrade and the competition is only marginally better so it's still a good buy.

Meh... some people are stuck up on the number’s and believe what they read/hear to be as truth so it must be right, then there are those that actually drive and can appreciate a good thing.

I do hope that Ford have done their homework right with the Everest though and the upcoming new Ranger as there competition is about to release their updated version’s as well.
galaxy xr8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-03-2015, 10:38 PM   #317
OwnTheRoad
T Series Club AUST.

Ford still haven't fixed that ground anchor towbar as shown in the pics post 294, given Mazda have it sorted you would think Ford could get that right with the face lift Ranger, which IMO looks awesome .
Old 19-03-2015, 10:45 PM   #318
RANGEREST
Same ****-Different Day

Deleted
UA2 Everest Trend 2.0lt

Last edited by RANGEREST; 19-03-2015 at 10:50 PM.
RANGEREST is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-03-2015, 10:47 PM   #319
RANGEREST
Same ****-Different Day

Quote:
Originally Posted by OwnTheRoad View Post
Ford still haven't fixed that ground anchor towbar as shown in the pics post 294, given Mazda have it sorted you would think Ford could get that right with the face lift Ranger, which IMO looks awesome .
Yeah that looks like the old style towbar, bit odd
UA2 Everest Trend 2.0lt
Old 19-03-2015, 11:05 PM   #320
XR Martin
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
How is it different from anyone else?

Ranger is 2.1t tare has a 6t GCM, 3.5t max towing (max 400kg load)
Colorado is 2.1t tare has 6t GCM, 3.5t max towing (400kg load)
Triton is 2t tare has a 5.7t GCM, 3t max towing (300kg load)
Hilux is 2t has a 5280kg GCM, 2.5t max towing (780kg load)
Navara is 2.1t has a 5.8t GCM, 3t max towing (700kg load)
Amorak is 2.1t has a 5.5t GCM, 3t max towing (400kg load)

Old 20-03-2015, 11:01 AM   #321
Vesper Martini
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Can I ask what you are towing that's 3.5 tonne?
That's pretty heavy and probably belongs on a truck
Old 20-03-2015, 01:30 PM   #322
LS2 KLR

Thanks for informing me about the 3000kg tow limit. I'd missed that in previous reading. I'm currently looking at a cell caravan 28' homestead model, GTM of 3500Kg. The problem with most of these vehicles is the towball weight gets taken off the GVM. So if you have a payload of only 400kg to play with, a towball weight of 350kg gives you 50kg of payload. So much for taking another person. I'm not having a go at Ford, most of the manufacturers do this. I'm honestly looking at a new 4wd and was hoping the new Everest was on my shopping list. Unfortunately not. It looks like it will be a cracking good 4wd. Only a genuine few, 4wds available to suit my needs.

Regards, Evan.
LS2 KLR is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-03-2015, 01:38 PM   #323
Falcon Coupe
Clevo Mafia Inc.

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: The exceptional contribution made to AFF over an extended period of time. Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Your tireless efforts behind the scenes in keeping AFF the place it is. 

Just stumbled across this view https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EzQypPta0us
Falcon Coupe is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 20-03-2015, 01:55 PM   #324
Vesper Martini
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Just noticed that is sitting on Coopers..
somehow I think that's not going to happened here.. what do the Rangers come with Goodyears?
Old 20-03-2015, 04:46 PM   #325
wranger

Quote:
somehow I think that's not going to happened here.. what do the Rangers come with Goodyears?
Dunlop AT22s if I remember right.
wranger is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-03-2015, 05:14 PM   #326
XR Martin
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Thanks for informing me about the 3000kg tow limit. I'd missed that in previous reading. I'm currently looking at a cell caravan 28' homestead model, GTM of 3500Kg. The problem with most of these vehicles is the towball weight gets taken off the GVM. So if you have a payload of only 400kg to play with, a towball weight of 350kg gives you 50kg of payload. So much for taking another person. I'm not having a go at Ford, most of the manufacturers do this. I'm honestly looking at a new 4wd and was hoping the new Everest was on my shopping list. Unfortunately not. It looks like it will be a cracking good 4wd. Only a genuine few, 4wds available to suit my needs.

Regards, Evan.
What I posted includes the towball download weight.

Old 20-03-2015, 08:01 PM   #327
Orangejuicepony

Quote:
Originally Posted by OwnTheRoad View Post

They should have integrated it into the chassis in my opinion while they had a chance. I like the D4 and LC200 for this reason.

There will be after market versions including steel rear bars for those that it matters to. Most people won't car, and it is a much stronger design.

Old 20-03-2015, 09:14 PM   #328
RANGEREST
Same ****-Different Day

Thread name change please. Toyota praise /comparison should do.
UA2 Everest Trend 2.0lt
5 users like this post:
Old 21-03-2015, 04:59 AM   #329
chevypower
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Some prefer Goodyear Wrangler MT/R with Kevlar over Cooper STTs. I'm going with the Goodyears on my Jeep. Though I highly doubt the Everest will come standard with either of those.
chevypower is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 21-03-2015, 05:50 AM   #330
deadfish2
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I don't wanna break the news to ya but the new model Hilux definetly isn't coming with a v8 motor, it's pretty much 100% confirmed the 1kd will carry over but take on the same power torque specs as the prado, + the 6 speed boxes

I work in mining, current shape hiluxes are poo compared to the old ones, in hard use they wet there pants and fall apart, nothing can compare to the durability of the 76 cruiser. Couple contracting mobs are starting to use px Rangers and bt"s in underground use, and so far seem promising in chassis durability, I know one PX with 80k on the clock and used everyday underground and had no major issues
deadfish2 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post: