Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 06-11-2007, 09:54 PM   #31
ronwest
All Bran = Regular Member

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

Quote:
Originally Posted by lunatick
I,m a big fan of the Maxxis mav1,s for $ 155 i don,t think you can go wrong
PS i haven,t found them to loud
I was going to fit Z1's prior to a trip away but was told they were noisy so I settled for the V1's.

Whilst not a performance tyre they are a very good all round tyre (I've found after 3 million + kms that the trick is to drive to your *actual* skill level... not to what you *think* it is, lol).

I also would say that they are not a noisy tyre.
ronwest is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-11-2007, 01:07 AM   #32
FRDGAL
GT-P #0336

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronwest
I was going to fit Z1's prior to a trip away but was told they were noisy so I settled for the V1's.

Whilst not a performance tyre they are a very good all round tyre (I've found after 3 million + kms that the trick is to drive to your *actual* skill level... not to what you *think* it is, lol).

I also would say that they are not a noisy tyre.
I agree. I have the V1's all 'round and I don't have an issue with them in wet or dry but as you say, they're not a performance tyre. For me, they can't handle tight/sharp turns etc all that well (I found this out the hard way LOL) but they are good. I probably wouldn't get them again only because they do not match my driving style but other than that, I wouldn't hesitate to recommend them. And they're not noisy at all which is good. I will try the Z1's after these are worn as I'm sure they will suit my driving style alot better. I think the best tyre I've ever had are the Avon ZZ3's but at $595 a tyre! Although they did last me over a couple of years and I put those tyres through hell yet got so much life out of them. But anyway, for me personally, the V1's are a good tyre at a very good price.

Krissy.
2003 FULLY OPTIONED MERCURY SILVER BA GT-P BUILD #336
REVERSE CAMERA - SAT NAV - PIONEER SUB & AMP - SUNROOF - DVD PLAYER - CUSTOM DUAL EXHAUST
~Tuned By Bluepower Racing~
FRDGAL is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-11-2007, 02:00 PM   #33
sleeper

Default michelin preceda. 17/45/235

: man these tyres grip like SH_T to a blanket , and smoke well too. ABOUT $240 EACH

Last edited by sleeper; 07-11-2007 at 02:08 PM. Reason: missing word
sleeper is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-11-2007, 02:20 PM   #34
ronwest
All Bran = Regular Member

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

Quote:
Originally Posted by FRDGAL
they can't handle tight/sharp turns etc all that well (I found this out the hard way LOL)
Yes me too... I ran out of corner a couple of times in Tassie but a speed adjustment fixed that ;)
ronwest is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-11-2007, 02:29 PM   #35
Peuty
Afterburner + skids =
Donating Member1

Quote:
Originally Posted by stiddy
GT Radial 328.. Love them, wont run anything other then them since having them. Highly recommened.

Mate you and me both. Awesome tyre in both wet and dry. Highly recommended.

Oo\===/oO
Peuty is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-11-2007, 02:05 PM   #36
Pistonbroke

Anyone ever used Continental tyres or heard anything about them?

A guy at the tyre place raves about them. Great grip, quiet, performance and $219 per tyre fitted and balanced. The "Pro Contacts".
Pistonbroke is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-11-2007, 03:19 PM   #37
Peuty
Afterburner + skids =
Donating Member1

Continentals i think are standard fitment to most German/European cars. I run them on our Renault van and they seem quite good.

Oo\===/oO
Peuty is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-11-2007, 03:31 PM   #38
Pistonbroke

Ok, got the Firestone Firehawk TZ100's. Wasn't on the list so I was caught by surprise when I got there. Supposedly much better than the wide ovals which got a good rap here. Grip great wet or dry, assymetrical tread pattern so they are quiet. I'll give them time to settle in and let you know whether they are worth considering. At $210 each includes balancing which is reasonable.
Pistonbroke is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-11-2007, 04:06 PM   #39
ClassicAU
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I am just in the process of changing my tyres at the moment. The ones I have now have been great, Pirelli P6 All Seasons. They have lasted 2 years of fairly hard driving, and stacked up great. They have stuck like glue, only now staring to fade. Then again, for $260 a corner, I would have hoped so!
The next set I will be getting is the Kumho Ecsta KU31. I have been told that they can get noisy, only if they arnt kept properly rotated.
If you want tyres that last, my brother has a set of Toyo TRAMPIO Gu:wn on his 17's. He has had them on as long as I had mine, and his dont even look worn one bit! I can't believe how well they have lasted. The draw back to them is an extreemly hard ride. I guess it all depends on what you want out of your tyre.

Evan
ClassicAU is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post