Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > OzECruisers (E/N/D Series) > OzECruisers General Discussions

OzECruisers General Discussions E/N/D vehicles General Discussion ONLY. NO TECH THREADS

Closed Thread

Old 13-03-2006, 12:48 PM   #31
DUMTEF
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

No More Soup For You
Old 13-03-2006, 12:48 PM   #32
FairmontEL
Driftin shopping trolleys

that a damn good point

04 BA XR6T ute
Old 13-03-2006, 12:48 PM   #33
russellw
Chairman & Administrator
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by snypereb
The only reason for the low opinion of the admin is of the mistake decision that has been made!
Thanks for your input. My actual point was that you have no idea what has gone on in the background here and yet you still want to take sides?

This issue was discussed with and endorsed by your own admin team as well. Perhaps a second thought would be in order?

Russ

Observatio Facta Rotae

Old 13-03-2006, 12:51 PM   #34
EFFalcon
Last warning

Quote:
Originally Posted by russellw
... and as you are well aware the classes were changed to provide the early Windsor owners with an opportunity to run against equal cars.

Russ
Yeah, a modified early windsor now gets to run similar times to a stock BA XR8.
compare that to the 'other' drag day that i was apparetnly promoting where there are very few BA's and ths more similarly matched cars.

oh yeah, cross promoting forum events is a bad thing.
DAILY - BA Fairlane Ghia, Boss 260 Turbo
OFFROADER - Ford Explorer
Old 13-03-2006, 12:51 PM   #35
Walkinshaw
Two > One

Quote:
Thanks for your input. My actual point was that you have no idea what has gone on in the background here
People, institutions, governments or any other groups who seem to have a hidden system working away behind the scenes is always looked upon with great suspicion. Transparency is the key.

Old 13-03-2006, 12:52 PM   #36
MightyXR6Turbo
Boooostn'

Quote:
Thanks for your input. My actual point was that you have no idea what has gone on in the background here and yet you still want to take sides?

This issue was discussed with and endorsed by your own admin team as well. Perhaps a second thought would be in order?

Russ
Ok, yes we can see it has been discussed and endorsed, but on what basis? Your original point states indicates that no one should be taking sides because we aren't fully informed, am I right?

It is very easy to take sides, especially with someone that we, the Eseries community hold in a very high regard. Without the basis and the facts behind it, I would highly doubt opinions would change, I think it is reasonable to have these so-called facts laid out for us since this issue is in public.

All it does, is makes the FFAU community have a lower regard for the Admin Team and their decisions if we can't see why they are made. It appears that you are hiding the truth in a way to take moral high ground and not appear to be the bad guys.

1979 XD Fairmont Ghia - Silver, 302C V8, Full velour interior, slowly building her up to be a tough cruiser!

2002 Nissan Patrol ST - Desert Gold, 4.8L DOHC 6cyl petrol (Soon to be reequipped with a 5.7L LS1 V8), 5speed auto, lifted, locked, 33's, nature destruction vehicle!
Old 13-03-2006, 12:52 PM   #37
DUMTEF
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Lets All Move To Ford Mods!!!! I Demand Mutiny!!!!!! Arrgg Man Over Board
Old 13-03-2006, 12:55 PM   #38
russellw
Chairman & Administrator
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by FordGirl
I think it would be best if all of the facts were placed in public and the MEMBERS were given the choice as to whether or not he should be given his moderating privelages back.

Afterall the forum is here for the members, NOT for the admin team. Without members there is no need for an admin team.
The facts will not be made available for general discussion as these decisions are for the admin team to make - it's why we have one.

The forum is here for it's members but without someone to start, fund, manage and control it then it will simply turn into anarchy. There are plenty of forums around where this has happened and this will not become one of them.

The opportunity will be made available for the members to select a replacement from a short list provided in the next few days after we have had the opportunity to discuss the chocies internally and with the selected individuals.

Russ

Observatio Facta Rotae

Old 13-03-2006, 12:56 PM   #39
EFFalcon
Last warning

Can i be put on the short list? :P
can i be revoted in?

3 people control whats best for 10,000 members.
post the facts.
Old 13-03-2006, 12:56 PM   #40
MightyXR6Turbo
Boooostn'

I second him for the shortlist!

1979 XD Fairmont Ghia - Silver, 302C V8, Full velour interior, slowly building her up to be a tough cruiser!

2002 Nissan Patrol ST - Desert Gold, 4.8L DOHC 6cyl petrol (Soon to be reequipped with a 5.7L LS1 V8), 5speed auto, lifted, locked, 33's, nature destruction vehicle!
Old 13-03-2006, 12:57 PM   #41
DUMTEF
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Something Tells Me That There Is A Friendly Ghost Behind This That Talks About John Behind His His Back 24/7, Yet We Dont See This Ghost Ever Going To The Same Extent As John To Promote These Forums.
Old 13-03-2006, 12:59 PM   #42
Grumps

Who would want to take John's position? They would have to be Nuckin Futs!
Old 13-03-2006, 12:59 PM   #43
FairmontEL

Can we nominate people or what or is this gonna be one of those decisions made the "admin team"

04 BA XR6T ute
Old 13-03-2006, 12:59 PM   #44
Walkinshaw
Two > One

Quote:
The facts will not be made available for general discussion as these decisions are for the admin team to make - it's why we have one.
Is the reason behind this a fear of scrutiny. There is no mandate that states "once the reasons are put forth and the general majority disagrees with admin, the decision is reversed" That would be just be ridiculous.

Fact is, no organizational body can ever be looked on as professional if they are not transparent. Wouldn’t it be good if board members hid all their payments, organizational structures and the likes from stakeholders.......

Old 13-03-2006, 01:00 PM   #45
FairmontEL

i nominate "Effalcon"

04 BA XR6T ute
Old 13-03-2006, 01:00 PM   #46
russellw
Chairman & Administrator
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by MightyEFGhia
All it does, is makes the FFAU community have a lower regard for the Admin Team and their decisions if we can't see why they are made. It appears that you are hiding the truth in a way to take moral high ground and not appear to be the bad guys.
So be it. I have already stated that the 5 people who make up the admin team here have made the decision in consultation with your admin team. If the considered (and this has taken some time) opinion of 7 people is not good enough for you then you may believe what you will.

I don't think I have have to justify my credibility here any more than the others involved in this decision do - if you want to use effort on behalf of the forum as indication of credibility then our efforts speak for themselves. If that's not good enough for you well that's unfortunate.

Russ

Observatio Facta Rotae

Old 13-03-2006, 01:01 PM   #47
DUMTEF
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

john is the only person i know thats nuts enough to do everthing he does for a car club, organises almost everything, does the stickers, moderates, advertises AFF in SA. so ИИИИing what if he promotes another drag day.
Old 13-03-2006, 01:02 PM   #48
FordGirl
The Goodz' PR Manager

Quote:

The forum is here for it's members but without someone to start, fund, manage and control it then it will simply turn into anarchy. There are plenty of forums around where this has happened and this will not become one of them.
Nice way to completely ignore the members wishes. I honestly think that this is a huge mistake. You talk about us not knowing the facts, then tell us its not for us to know. Please, make a decision as to what you want.

This IS a big deal for the members, so I find it to be very rude and arrogant of you to be trying to push it out of the public when it will no doubt affect everyone. You are doing the admin team more damage by not clarifying what has gone wrong and why these decisions have been made.

As it stands, I have no respect for the admin team and that will not change until this is clarified.
Old 13-03-2006, 01:03 PM   #49
DUMTEF
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

i thought john was the eseries admin team, he is the only one i ever see doing the work for this club
Old 13-03-2006, 01:05 PM   #50
EFFalcon
Last warning

7 people in the admin teams are against me.
Woohoo.
funny how i was unaware of this plot against me until the decision was final.
long live the democracy!
Old 13-03-2006, 01:06 PM   #51
ilsautomotive
Former E-Series Member

I think I speak for many members when I say this situation has come as something of a shock even though I was made aware of it yesterday evening. John holds more positions in the Club than anyone else, yet still achieves cross-promotion with other areas of the site and forums. He is a valued member of the highest order similar to what I used to be in the early days of E series.

It would not necessarily be a bad thing for all the reasons behind this decision to be disclosed for all. This would of course be at the discretion of the admin team, but clearly this is going to be a very controversial decision. As there is a good partnership between E series and AFF (including the 'flow-on' effect of E series owners upgrading to BAs etc) I am confident that decisions affecting both parties will not be taken lightly.

As far as forum moderation goes, it isn't a big job and there is no real need for 3 people, especially when we receive good assistance from Casper and others. I am more concerned about the 'slap in the face' aspect and the unspoken grounds of the punishment.

Last edited by ilsautomotive; 13-03-2006 at 02:12 PM.
Old 13-03-2006, 01:12 PM   #52
EFFalcon
Last warning

Casper wasnt involved in the decision before anything starts having a go at him.
Old 13-03-2006, 01:13 PM   #53
Walkinshaw
Two > One

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper
Edited by Casper due to inappropriate response.

I am a mod, not an admin, I knew nothing about it
Fair enough.

And as john said, you had nothing to do with this decision

Last edited by Casper; 13-03-2006 at 01:19 PM.
Old 13-03-2006, 01:14 PM   #54
russellw
Chairman & Administrator
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by FordGirl
This IS a big deal for the members, so I find it to be very rude and arrogant of you to be trying to push it out of the public when it will no doubt affect everyone. You are doing the admin team more damage by not clarifying what has gone wrong and why these decisions have been made.

As it stands, I have no respect for the admin team and that will not change until this is clarified.
As you wish.
If the decision to not denigrate another member publicly (even though he has chosen to do so himself) is arrogant then I can live with that.

All administrative decisions are done out of the public arena - this is not a democracy and has never pretended to be. We certainly invite input from all members but the day to day operations are entirely the responsibility of the administrators and those who assist them such as the moderators.

This is not the first time we have removed someone from modersting duties and it probably won't be the last but if we had to ask 13,000 odd people every time we needed to make a decision we wouldn't get very much done.

None of these decisions are taken lightly. Apart from anything else the removal of a mod we have chosen is as much a reflection on our judgement as anything else and considerable advice and counsel is provided well before such an action becomes necessary.

That you (and others here) choose to take issue with our ability to make sound decisions on behalf of the forum is indeed unfortunate but I will do no more than defend the actions and leave the rest to each individual to decide.

Russ

Observatio Facta Rotae

Old 13-03-2006, 01:16 PM   #55
Racecraft
they call me Tibbo

but John are you still going to hang around mate? Now you can enjoy yourself abit without doing any work :P

And no-mod status hey?? Does that mean I can put you on ignore now :

I am sitting on the fence here because its up to John how he goes about things, but I'm just making a light hearted comment before this thread explodes

Old 13-03-2006, 01:17 PM   #56
Interceptor'85
Interceptin'

RETRIAL!!! This is ИИИИin bullИИИИ
'XA Muscle'

Old 13-03-2006, 01:17 PM   #57
DUMTEF
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

how could casper have had nothing to do with the decision if this was discussed with our admin team
Old 13-03-2006, 01:17 PM   #58
Walkinshaw
Two > One

Quote:
This is not the first time we have removed someone from modersting duties and it probably won't be the last but if we had to ask 13,000 odd people every time we needed to make a decision we wouldn't get very much done.
No one with a right mind will ask this of the admin team, ever. Point still stands. Transperency.

Old 13-03-2006, 01:19 PM   #59
EFFalcon
Last warning

so at the end of the day.
the members of the forum will just be lead to beleive i did something wrong, yet not ever told what it was.
you've made the decision, why not post the details of why it was made.
Old 13-03-2006, 01:19 PM   #60
Walkinshaw
Two > One

On the flip coin, why does it have to be admin who discloses reasons why this decision is made. Surely John knows.

Closed Thread