Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 17-03-2006, 07:04 PM   #31
Falcon Coupe
Clevo Mafia Inc.

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: The exceptional contribution made to AFF over an extended period of time. Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Your tireless efforts behind the scenes in keeping AFF the place it is. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkIV
The BF, good as it is, will cop a flogging from the VE
The crystal ball is working overtime today.
Falcon Coupe is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-03-2006, 07:06 PM   #32
Woz
As in 'best there ever'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Des
Type faster next time.... :nutsycuck
Hey, you're not the boss of me! out:
:

My XB Fairmont Sedan Project
Woz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-03-2006, 08:52 PM   #33
Eithor

Quote:
The BF, good as it is, will cop a flogging from the VE and
I think your a holden fan.. Prob when the VE comes out it will still be years behind still
Eithor is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-03-2006, 01:01 AM   #34
UNR8D
FORMER T3 OWNER

copping a flogging from the VE? thats like saying mitsu's demard outweigh's its supply...

Aurion will add some competition but ford/holden rely on previous buyers to keep in the family so to speek.

you can sleep in your car, but you cant drift your house...
UNR8D is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-03-2006, 01:17 AM   #35
russellw
Chairman & Administrator
Donating Member3

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: Raptor: For Continued, and prolonged service to the wider Ford Community 

Despite the nature of the speculation there are probably some elements of truth in it.

I'd be surprised to see the LWB range continue in the present guise and if they disappear then the wagon would go too - it ony survived this last time because of the Telstra fleet buys anyway.

The temptation to build a local small to mid sized car must be strong at the moment - they are the growing market segments where Ford is performing poorly (or not evin in contention).

The V8 will no doubt stay but I would be surprised to see anything that looks remotely like what we have now. Backwards to the future??

We will have some interesting times ahead.

Russ

Observatio Facta Rotae

Last edited by russellw; 18-03-2006 at 09:47 AM.
russellw is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-03-2006, 01:35 AM   #36
048oss

Quote:
Originally Posted by russellw

Russ
Yes we do russelw, yes we do! :

Now the F6 R spec tyre eater......
048oss is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-03-2006, 01:40 AM   #37
The G6ET Spot
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnydep
So the Falcon will look like a lowered Territory with a boot?

I don't believe it, it would be the ugliest vehicle in the world.

No car manufacturer is that stupid, are they?
Oh yes they are that stupid and the other mob called it an : avalanche.The name was appropriate cause the sales of it tumbled like an avalanche :hihi:
The G6ET Spot is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-03-2006, 01:56 AM   #38
FPV

Quote:
Originally Posted by russellw
The V8 will no doubt stay but I would be surprised to see anything that looks remotely like waht we have now. Backwards to the future??

Russ
I dont know if im reading into this wrong but im guessing by the v8 statement that FPV are seriously looking at a pushrod engine? I guess it will be interesting.
FPV is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-03-2006, 10:20 AM   #39
new2ford
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Try the nostradamus (hsv_gts_908) on this forum from 2004: http://forum.sportal.com.au/viewthread.aspx?t=29

Apparently by today Ford is on the way out the door and Territory is being thrashed by the Adventra and Chevy Equinox. And the Opel/Vauxhall Omega ... oops sorry, I mean the Holden Commodore ... is a great true blue Aussie car that's soon going to be better than the Falcon. Prophecy's a dodgy game at the best of times.
Old 18-03-2006, 12:15 PM   #40
aquahead2001
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I think that with all the local cars constructors, there is a fair bit of angst about what the medium and long term future holds for them. I am still amazed that we, the Aussie car buying public, haven't converted to empty beer can cars like the USA has in the past 20 years.

Our fuel prices are about 40% higher than there's, we earn less and cars cost more, yet we still buy full sized cars! Don't get me wrong, I am in love with big Aussie cars, got three of 'em at home right now and really can't contemplate buying something smaller.

But the price of fuel has definitely made me reconsider buying the Territory Ghia that I desperately want!

Can you imagine what the guys and girls in the planning departments are thinking of at the moment? They’re already thinking past the next 5 years and are thinking what the hell are we going to do in 2011??
aquahead2001 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-03-2006, 03:49 PM   #41
Bossxr8
Peter Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by FPV
I dont know if im reading into this wrong but im guessing by the v8 statement that FPV are seriously looking at a pushrod engine? I guess it will be interesting.
Ford don't make pushrod V8's anymore, so how could FPV get them.
Bossxr8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-03-2006, 03:53 PM   #42
Deadman
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
The BF, good as it is, will cop a flogging from the VE and maybe the Camry/Aurion
lmao. Oh wait, is that another 'hypothetical' like your opening post or was that actually a serious statement?

I don't see BF sales getting damaged much by the VE - and I don't see the VE being far superior to the BF either. Time will tell. And the Aurion? Not bad, might steel some fleet sales maybe... If you like the look of a re-designed Toyota BA .
Deadman is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-03-2006, 06:56 PM   #43
UNR8D
FORMER T3 OWNER

Quote:
I don't see BF sales getting damaged much by the VE - and I don't see the VE being far superior to the BF either. Time will tell. And the Aurion? Not bad, might steel some fleet sales maybe... If you like the look of a re-designed Toyota BA
obviously havent had a too much of a close look at the car then, 200 odd kw quad cam duel VVTI and a S/C version AWD to follow... i dare say if they market it correctly it might sell better than you think.

just remember how many cars toyota sell in aust. they have no 1 for the past 3 years with no sign of slowing, but they also have a excelent customer service base and that brings buyers back and brings in new ones that are ИИИИed off with service elsewhere.

you can sleep in your car, but you cant drift your house...
UNR8D is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-03-2006, 06:59 PM   #44
Woz
As in 'best there ever'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bossxr8
Ford don't make pushrod V8's anymore, so how could FPV get them.
I believe the suggestion came from the comment of "working backwards for the future?". Meant to suggest that perhaps FPV may consider reverting back to pushrod V8's for future models.

Who cares who makes what these days, I think FPV will have the funds and connections to organise that sort of thing if they wanted to.

Old 18-03-2006, 07:08 PM   #45
Poetic Justice
NOT A TOYOTA :/

Wouldn't be all that bad to drop the v8 really, when we have such a great turbo 6 cylinder ;)
Old 18-03-2006, 07:16 PM   #46
russellw
Chairman & Administrator
Donating Member3

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: Raptor: For Continued, and prolonged service to the wider Ford Community 

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackout
Wouldn't be all that bad to drop the v8 really, when we have such a great turbo 6 cylinder ;)
Heresy.

Observatio Facta Rotae

russellw is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-03-2006, 07:19 PM   #47
Falcon Freak
Banned

Quote:
Some of us want a V8 even if the Turbo 6 is faster.

FF
Falcon Freak is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-03-2006, 07:26 PM   #48
Poetic Justice
NOT A TOYOTA :/

Yes, but is that "some of us" enough to justify the possible loss that the v8 could incur?
Old 18-03-2006, 07:29 PM   #49
vztrt
IWCMOGTVM Club Supporter

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: vztrt is one of the most consistent and respected contributors to AFF, I have found his contributions are most useful to discussion as well as answering members queries. 

Quote:
If ford did drop it they would pay dearly for it. Some people just want a V8. Would they still be allowed in the V8 Supercars?(i know they use different V8's)
vztrt is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-03-2006, 07:33 PM   #50
Jet-Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnydep
I don't believe it, it would be the ugliest vehicle in the world.
Exactly my thoughts..
Jet-Star is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-03-2006, 07:37 PM   #51
Woz
As in 'best there ever'

Quote:
I'd have a V8 over a turbo 6 any day of the week. I don't care what it's in.

Old 18-03-2006, 10:30 PM   #52
MO
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Alright you lot enough speculation as to the future of the Falcon......I have the latest straight from the horses mouth and my source is honourable.

The next Falcon is going to be called "The Millenium Falcon" it will have a V8 photon drive there will also be an performance model it will have a V8 hyperphoton drive.

The base model will get to light speed in 2.5 parsecs...the performance model will get to light speed in........1.2parsecs.

My source...YODA.

The more I know ppl the more I love my DOGS.
2011 SY Territory Limited Edition TS
2000 AUII SE ute IL6
MO is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-03-2006, 11:24 PM   #53
ltd
Force Fed Fords

Quote:
Originally Posted by new2ford
Try the nostradamus (hsv_gts_908) on this forum from 2004: http://forum.sportal.com.au/viewthread.aspx?t=29

Apparently by today Ford is on the way out the door and Territory is being thrashed by the Adventra and Chevy Equinox. And the Opel/Vauxhall Omega ... oops sorry, I mean the Holden Commodore ... is a great true blue Aussie car that's soon going to be better than the Falcon. Prophecy's a dodgy game at the best of times.
Mate, I liked that big al guy in that thread. Amazing how ignorant some people can be isn't it? Firstly this HSV guy is making stories up, then he starts to defend his own stupid beliefs with statements like "I don't know why, it just is".
Actually, I retract my statement about him being ignorant, I think he may just be intellectually disabled.

Quote: