Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > OzECruisers (E/N/D Series) > OzECruisers General Discussions

OzECruisers General Discussions E/N/D vehicles General Discussion ONLY. NO TECH THREADS

Old 11-04-2006, 07:41 PM   #31
NZ
~~~

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiery

*EDIT: I did forget to say one thing, whilst I wish all Board members well in their role.. I still don't understand why there is not a representation from every state..... ??
Its probably not my place to reply to this but having been in the club in various roles i can comment.

WA - there was a rep, auscarnager and then shortly after Simmoto assist in the role. There was a few good meets but then some questionable idea's popped up. Things like photo shoot meets with models being one. Then there was the Owl drama. In the end relationshipd between a few members in WA and the reps got to the point where personal threats were made on the forums which was completely unacceptable. In the end the decision was made to remove those reps by Jack. He had the support of the committee. WA has laid dormant till recently when CruisinEB brought up the idea of having a rep again. Sadly nobody was willing to step up and thats where its sitting now. Ironically CruisinEB setup his own forum which seems to be going fine. Good luck to him.

NSW: The last rep for NSW was Mother Nature. She did her absolute best to arrange meets and it was even at the point of pleading people to go. Sadly the interest just wasnt there. I remember they did have one small meet but thats it. In the end Lisa stepped down and fair enough to her.

NT: I beleive there was once apon a time 1 member signed up from NT? John will beable to confirm

TAS: Theres never been a rep from tas and theres never been any interest shown from TAS to have a rep

QLD: Yes QLD needs something done agreeed.

I hope that clears up things for you.

"the man that crashs AFF"

Last edited by NZ; 11-04-2006 at 07:51 PM.
NZ is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-04-2006, 07:59 PM   #32
NZ
~~~

GreenMachine: How old are you?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenMachines Sig
But plans were swiftly kiboshed: The man with the name of the fish had The Wisdom - and The Wisdom was good. And so the E-people of the Northern Tribes were once again cast into the wilderness...
From that I'd guess 13?
Correct me if I'm wrong please.
What don't you understand about High Priority? It doesnt mean it will be resolved today or tommorrow even but give it just a little bit of time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trouty
Meanwhile, please be patient with us regarding the Queensland issue, it is now a high priority.

"the man that crashs AFF"
NZ is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-04-2006, 08:12 PM   #33
Rollin
Banned

Quote:
Rollin i think you met lukes brother and maybe him.. I second the comment about the QLD leadership but i also know Luke personally and when EFFalcon says busy he means it.. ill leave it to luke to explain if he wants to but hes a busy boy right now, so maybe the leadership role should be moved on...?
i met luke at the first QLD e-series cruise ever, his brother at the same time i think - they are both absolutely TOP blokes, with beautiful cars, and i went to lukes engagement party last weekend.

I think you are trying to say what i am trying to say - he is a top bloke, but he is also very busy, and has been for some time now, and it doesnt look like he will be getting any less busy in the future, so its time someone else got the responsibility of organising the QLD e-series section.
Rollin is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-04-2006, 08:13 PM   #34
dcstraight
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

good work guys
dcstraight is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-04-2006, 08:20 PM   #35
EFFalcon
Last warning

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenMachine
Love the Mexican Boys Club. Well done, fella's - a victory for democracy. Nothing at all like a self-appointed club exec, stacked with apparatchiks, for gaining the members confidence.

Can't wait to hear about the QLD rep.

Cheers!

Nick
Feel free to **** off if you don't like it.
we don't simply appoint someone to a postition without them proving themselves.
How about someone get out there, organise a few meets,, prove that they can do the job before getting an official title.

for instance, AdzELXR wasnt just *GIVEN* a position on the board, he's organised about 10 of the last E-Series Meets and was considered the victorian rep (how ever without an official title)
the opportunity was then presented to give some appreciation for his effort and future contributions and so he was appointed to one of the positions.
given no one in QLD has done anything even close to resembling this, why should we considering giving someone a position on the board?
DAILY - BA Fairlane Ghia, Boss 260 Turbo
OFFROADER - Ford Explorer
EFFalcon is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-04-2006, 09:44 PM   #36
Rollin
Banned

EFFalcon, the main reason people dont organise official meets up here is because we are all waiting for luke to get one on the go.

I organised one this year and one last, but it felt like i was 'undermining' luke, organising something that he couldnt attend or couldnt organise himself - a couple of other people have done the same. (Iwantaford, OED666, Ignition etc)

there are quite a few of us that meet up unofficially on thursday and/or friday nights, and there have been a few meets so far this year (two coast runs, a driver training day that Ignition and I organised - though he did more organising than i did - a trip to willowbank etc) there are people up here with the time and ability to devote to the rep position, but we are hesitant to organise things because lukey is still technically 'the One' and we dont want to make him feel bad...

maybe if there were nominees for the position, and each nominee had to organise one meet for one month, at the end of however long it took the e-series members could vote on which was the best/most well-run, and that person could be the new QLD rep.

even if that idea doesnt work out, at least the people up here would have been able to go to a few meets and have a bit of fun, which with luck would attract more members, strengthening the QLD section and providing potential new rep material.

Last edited by Rollin; 11-04-2006 at 09:48 PM. Reason: spelling...
Rollin is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-04-2006, 10:23 PM   #37
Walkinshaw
Two > One

Im going to voice an opinion here...."being busy" is not a good enough excuse. Either do the job you have put your self up for or give it to somone ASAP.. This goes for all positions.
Walkinshaw is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-04-2006, 10:32 PM   #38
Poetic Justice
NOT A TOYOTA :/

Here here Dan.
Old 11-04-2006, 10:41 PM   #39
MightyXR6Turbo
Boooostn'

Am I missing the point here?!

What on earth is stopping anyone organising a cruise?! Just because there is a rep doesn't mean you can't organise a cruise.

Saying that you wont organise one because there is a rep is just a cop out! You can't complain about no cruises if you aren't willing to put the effort in yourself to make a cruise. That seems to be the main issue here, nobody is willing to actually organise anything, everyone is just too happy to sit back and have a whinge (ie GreenMachine).

On a different note, why does there need to be someone from EVERY state on the board? It was never part of the process of it, with the board there are the state reps, it just works out that the SA and Vic rep currently are on the board as well as rep's, obviously a separate rep will have say!.

Bottom line here, quit the whinging and complaining, and go and organise a cruise! You don't need to wait for Lukey, I'm sure he wont mind that people are doing something to keep the interest going!

1979 XD Fairmont Ghia - Silver, 302C V8, Full velour interior, slowly building her up to be a tough cruiser!

2002 Nissan Patrol ST - Desert Gold, 4.8L DOHC 6cyl petrol (Soon to be reequipped with a 5.7L LS1 V8), 5speed auto, lifted, locked, 33's, nature destruction vehicle!
MightyXR6Turbo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-04-2006, 10:50 PM   #40
montyv8
Turbo Dinosaur FTMFW

theres nothing stopping anyone from organising meets, of any size.
I'm the rep for SA, and i encourage SA members to organise mets. everyone has their own ideas for runs/get togethers, adds a bit of variation...
Old 11-04-2006, 10:53 PM   #41
BENT_8
BLUE OVAL INC.

Hi people! well done on your new appointments, i'm looking forward to catchin up with yas at some stage.
It's not really my place to make a comment as i have only been a member of AFF for a short time, but perhaps if the people in sunny QLD got together and voted for a event organiser, then that person could get some recognition for effort made and be nominated in the right way to the board for evaluation.
BENT_8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-04-2006, 10:59 PM   #42
LUXO_8
windsor user

Quote:
Originally Posted by montyv8
theres nothing stopping anyone from organising meets, of any size.
I'm the rep for SA, and i encourage SA members to organise mets. everyone has their own ideas for runs/get togethers, adds a bit of variation...
further on this, if just the one person is organising a cruise or whatever, it gets repetitive, multiple members organising different style cruises / meets keeps it fun, and exciting to go on a cruise...

hell, if it can work in Vic and SA, it can work in qld too....
give it a try ...
LUXO_8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-04-2006, 11:44 PM   #43
The Goodz
E-Series Firemaker

I think the general consensus is that if you're in QLD, and you want some meets, be a little proactive and organise some! It has happened in the past here in Vic when a former rep was busy with his studies, and he wasn't the least bit worried. Not only that, but it's difficult for a rep to organise a cruise he won't be attending.

So in short, stop your whinging, and organise something! If everybody is just waiting for Luke then it can only say one thing, that nobody there is rep material!

Quote:
Love the Mexican Boys Club. Well done, fella's - a victory for democracy. Nothing at all like a self-appointed club exec, stacked with apparatchiks, for gaining the members confidence.
This is a car club with a board of directors, not the federal government of Australia, and we bear no similarities to fascist dictatorships either. I'm not a big fan of democracy, especially in an outfit such as this. The members who are on the committee have changed more headgaskets then you've probably had hot dinners and have been running this club for far longer than you've been around, so rest assured, we're passionate about this club and those who have been around long enough will attest to that. So if you want your precious democracy, go to another club!

Alex

Automotive photography, fine art landscapes, portraiture
Photo retouching and restoration

The Goodz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-04-2006, 01:29 AM   #44
EFFalcon
Last warning

as i said, AdzELXR took it apon himself to consult with myself and ask if it would be ok to organise a cruise, we've always encouraged members to organise cruises.
he wasnt a rep, he held no position, simply wanted meets so went about it.

anyone reading this in QLD, feel free to organise something!
Lukey's a great guy but i highly doubt he's going to be worried that someone else is organising some meets.
Old 12-04-2006, 09:38 AM   #45
GreenMachine
Mopar/No Car

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Sensational write up about drum brakes. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by NZ
GreenMachine: How old are you?

Correct me if I'm wrong please.
What don't you understand about High Priority? It doesnt mean it will be resolved today or tommorrow even but give it just a little bit of time.
Hey, if Trouty said it'd happen, I have complete confidence that he'll do whatever's in his own best interests!

In response to your first question: I'm old enough to know better than to argue with retards.*

*edit: But not old enough to resist cheap shots!

'72 Plymouth Scamp
'80 Courier
'13 Kawasaki ZX14-R
'13 Berlina
'92 Suzuki DR650

If you don't fight - You lose
GreenMachine is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-04-2006, 10:18 AM   #46
big_waity
Windsor Man!

For those that have said that all the people in their happy little camp in Vico deserve to have a place because they organise cruise and then say that people in Qld don't organise cruises is a load of crap. Have ANY of the board members EVER attended a cruise in Qld? Not to my knowledge. If that is the case, how can they comment. I have personally organised 2 cruises and Nick has also organised a couple. I have also attended other cruises organised by other members. I would organise more if I had the money for fuel.

That aside, I am congratulating the newly appointed board members and I think that the idea of a board is fantastic. I would just like to see a bit more representation for each state. I'm not just talking about Qld, but all NSW, NT and WA as well. It's almost like there is the E-Series club of Victoria and South Australia. Might be well worth making a Qld club I think...
Old 12-04-2006, 10:31 AM   #47
EA2BA
PM me if you want

It is not a case of other states being excluded, the state rep will still have valuable input into the club and will be asked for opinions, its more a case of the board will decide on some of the tougher decisions that in the past have had ot be handled by Jack and seen him in the firing line.

Send me a PM if you want to know anything

2010 Ford Ranger PK High Rider (Auto) - 2011 Ford Fiesta (Auto)
EA2BA is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-04-2006, 10:38 AM   #48
GreenMachine
Mopar/No Car

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Sensational write up about drum brakes. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by EA2BA
It is not a case of other states being excluded, the state rep will still have valuable input into the club and will be asked for opinions, its more a case of the board will decide on some of the tougher decisions that in the past have had ot be handled by Jack and seen him in the firing line.
What kind of tough decisions mate? (Not an attack, just interested in what kind of stuff the Board will actually be doing)

'72 Plymouth Scamp
'80 Courier
'13 Kawasaki ZX14-R
'13 Berlina
'92 Suzuki DR650

If you don't fight - You lose
GreenMachine is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-04-2006, 10:51 AM   #49
niko
likes falcon's

If deleted link registers as an official car club. its kinda a good idea to have a group of well known members who are to be called upon if any situations incur.

They are in charge of administration, keeping the club going. sorting out members for wrong doings, not just events like the popular vic ones.
Old 12-04-2006, 10:56 AM   #50
EA2BA
PM me if you want

Quote:
What kind of tough decisions mate? (Not an attack, just interested in what kind of stuff the Board will actually be doing)
Such as banning people is a good example.

Old 12-04-2006, 11:15 AM   #51
4.9 EF Futura
Official AFF conservative

Congrats to appointments of the Board. I assume all police checks have been submitted and the conflict of interests register is being maintained

Im sure you'll provide sound oversight of the club and influence the direction in the best interests of the members. I wish you guys all the best in your new roles.

Cheers

Ps. Cant help myself... Billy idol will always be the original chairman of the "bored"
Old 12-04-2006, 11:22 AM   #52
-jjM-
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malakai
I have no idea how many actual members are down on paper in QLD or more accurately Brisbane but I would imagine that the list is longer than the same dozen people I see at every meet.
can we start a thread on this, for everyone to put down where there from

example:
vic:
sa:
qld:
wa:
nt:

(DONT ADD YOUR NAME HERE)

Quote:
I think we have to stop trying to accommodate everyone, because I think it only ends up hurting attendee numbers in the end.
i agree fully with you there, when we set a time and date here people attend and people dont attend
but i will also take into thought that there arnt as many people in QLD attending like in vic, but yes, set a date, and tell everyone that this is the time and day basicly, it cant suit everyones schedule
-jjM- is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-04-2006, 11:39 AM   #53
EA2BA
PM me if you want

Quote:
Originally Posted by -jjM-
can we start a thread on this, for everyone to put down where there from

example:
vic:
sa:
qld:
wa:
nt:

(DONT ADD YOUR NAME HERE)

i agree fully with you there, when we set a time and date here people attend and people dont attend
but i will also take into thought that there arnt as many people in QLD attending like in vic, but yes, set a date, and tell everyone that this is the time and day basicly, it cant suit everyones schedule
What about this thread . Started Feb this year as well.

http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?t=37665

Old 12-04-2006, 11:43 AM   #54
AdzT3-146
own the road

Quote:
We do stuff all the time in QLD. It's just that it's mainly the usual suspects that turn up, maybe a more regular structured approach would attract more people.

- Good point there, properly planned meets with set dates, set location, set time. Good to give plenty of notice for people to organise the time and get down to the meeting point

I met some newish members the other night and they are very keen to get stuff happening, which is good. It's just that we need somebody to regularly lay a time, date and place in concrete with plenty of notice and let the masses come.

I think we have to stop trying to accommodate everyone, because I think it only ends up hurting attendee numbers in the end.

Yeah, thats another good point. You can't expect to accomodate 100% of the members at any one time, but if the majority are willing to make the effort to come to the meet/cruise then it can only be good for the future.

I'm not going to suck up to Lukey he knows I'm on the same page as him but there are some great members up here that can spare the time required to get things going. Why not get them on board with a title of some description, it might jump start things.
Maybe it is time for a new Rep to be appointed in Queensland. I realise Lukey has done a lot in the past for QLD, but if he is unable to organise future meets, then perhaps it's time to pass the mantle over to somebody else.

As you said Malakai im sure there are members in queensland who are more than capable of getting meets and events happening. Hopefully someone can take the bull by the horns, get some events happening for you guys and im sure there can be a good positive outcome to this situation. All it would take is a bit of commitment by a few guys up there to get things happening for the rest of you guys.
T3 TE50 #146

Quote:
Originally Posted by UNR8D
Id rather date a goat with syphilous then drive a maloo.
AdzT3-146 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-04-2006, 11:52 AM   #55
-jjM-
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by EA2BA
What about this thread . Started Feb this year as well.

http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?t=37665
yep, im aware of that one, altho very good idea, mabye another more technical one should be made like the example i made, give us a better idea of whos where...

just a suggestion anywayz

its too bad QLD isnt a state over cause id more then happy to attend a cruise too, that goin for NT and WA too
-jjM- is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-04-2006, 01:44 PM   #56
EFFalcon
Last warning

Quote:
Originally Posted by big_waity
For those that have said that all the people in their happy little camp in Vico deserve to have a place because they organise cruise and then say that people in Qld don't organise cruises is a load of crap. Have ANY of the board members EVER attended a cruise in Qld? Not to my knowledge. If that is the case, how can they comment. I have personally organised 2 cruises and Nick has also organised a couple. I have also attended other cruises organised by other members. I would organise more if I had the money for fuel.

That aside, I am congratulating the newly appointed board members and I think that the idea of a board is fantastic. I would just like to see a bit more representation for each state. I'm not just talking about Qld, but all NSW, NT and WA as well. It's almost like there is the E-Series club of Victoria and South Australia. Might be well worth making a Qld club I think...
never attended a cruise in qld no.
but are these meets you're having 'organise club meets' or just meetings of mates.
its very rare to see anything organise in the meets section of this site.
i've also *NEVER* been approached to inform our mailing list of a cruise happening in QLD.
emails go out all the time in Vic and sometimes SA reguarding meets and details.
unfortuantely i can't be looking at all threads and drafting emails so its upto the organiser to do something about it, but has it happened? no.

I personally don't know why there needs to be a member from each state on the board.
by all meets they can have access to the discussion area, they can have input on a larger extent, but location has nothing to do with being on the board, its all about input to the club.

for some reason us Vic guys are fully aware of the work that happens in SA, we know cruises happen etc, the same can't be said for the other states.

as for NSW/WA etc.

NSW has active members, who never meet, the amount of meeets that have been organised with only 1 or 2 ppl show up meant the rep decided not to bother.
WA always worked but cruizineb decided to take matters into his own hands and poach our members and provide another club (despite his claims)

be a bit more active in advertising meets, post pics, inform me that it happened so i can update the website.
take a look at the website if you wanna see how the meet history has been.
if multiple people want to take on the role of organising meets, then so be it.
I'm in support of QLD getting another rep, i'd love to see it as active up there as it is down here, it just seems like one or two people need to stand up and say 'ok we're going to organise some meets and ensure people actually know about it'
Old 12-04-2006, 02:08 PM   #57
niko
likes falcon's

Quote:
Originally Posted by EFFalcon
WA always worked but cruizineb decided to take matters into his own hands and poach our members and provide another club (despite his claims)
lol @ cruiseneb.

This is a club. Not a school to organise and make it compulsory for people to attend. that happens out of good prep, and the need for people who actually want to attend. just look at the list of melb peeps always showing up to meets last one say a good 50 well behaved cars, with cops to! who left us alone coz we wern't causing any trouble.
Old 12-04-2006, 02:23 PM   #58
fiery
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by EFFalcon

Do you think maybe some of the 'attitude' that people have shown to 'other States' is why cruizineb started another club....????
fiery is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-04-2006, 02:24 PM   #59
EA2BA
PM me if you want

Quote:
Do you think maybe some of the 'attitude' that people have shown to 'other States' is why cruizineb started another club....????
wether this was or was not the case, the board has been created to hopefully move things forward and hopefully avoid a repetition of mistakes in the past.

Old 12-04-2006, 02:37 PM   #60
EFFalcon
Last warning

no, i beleive it was the attitude shown to cruisin eb and the fact that he got banned.

Quote: