Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 11-07-2015, 11:39 PM   #31
NX74205
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: FORD Focus 2016 1 Engine no Ambiente..

Quote:
Originally Posted by csv8 View Post
My comment : Ford still haven't learnt that Ford cars in Aus are over priced....$32,690 for Titanium????
VW Golf Highline TSI: $32,290
Skoda Octavia Elegance 1.8: $34,690
Mazda 3 XD Astina: $41,290
Hyundai i30 Premium: $32,890

How is the Focus Titanium overpriced compared with its rivals?

Quote:
But, not allowed to make comment here, unless its praising Ford!!!!!!
Yep, you're getting it now.
2005 Ford BF Fairmont (2006-2019)
1989 Ford EA Falcon GL (2000-2007)
1982 Ford KA Laser Ghia (1999-2000)
NX74205 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
7 users like this post:
Old 12-07-2015, 12:15 AM   #32
SumoDog68
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Interesting stats

http://www.caradvice.com.au/364946/t...drops-of-2015/

http://www.caradvice.com.au/364079/t...-2015-to-date/
SumoDog68 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-07-2015, 12:56 AM   #33
DJM83
Barra Turbo > V8
Donating Member3

Quote:
new2ford.. careful!! or you will get a comment from DJM83..like I do!!! Ford are going to having a hard sell when comparable cars are cheaper..But, not allowed to make comment here, unless its praising Ford!!!!!!
Crap.
Look at the prices posted above. I was going to post some up but I was beaten. You are forever sooking about prices for any for model Ford. Maybe you should go talk down Ford on an Hyundai forum.
Old 12-07-2015, 04:56 AM   #34
1TUFFUTE
Banned

Seems like the logical move by ford. Diesels are dead, so it's gone.
Plus people are always going on about the ford reputation. What's wrong with moving further away from the cheap stuff and building a premium rep instead?

And who the hell buys a small Mazda for over FOURTY k. if I hear anyone whinge about pricing again....you know where u can go.......
1TUFFUTE is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-07-2015, 09:16 AM   #35
Brazen
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by NX74205 View Post
VW Golf Highline TSI: $32,290
Skoda Octavia Elegance 1.8: $34,690
Mazda 3 XD Astina: $41,290
Hyundai i30 Premium: $32,890

How is the Focus Titanium overpriced compared with its rivals?

Yep, you're getting it now.
You shouldn't be quoting the price of the XD Mazda, that is the twin turbo 420 diesel version. The SP25 Astina has the 138kw petrol and starts at 36k.

Actually I agree that the Titanium appears to be poor value in terms of the rest of the range. The Titanium should have a sunroof, radar cruise control, heads up display, xenon adaptive lights and auto high beam to justify premium over Trend and Sport.
Brazen is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 12-07-2015, 11:22 AM   #36
Imolator
Quad Cam

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJM83 View Post
Crap.
Look at the prices posted above. I was going to post some up but I was beaten. You are forever sooking about prices for any for model Ford. Maybe you should go talk down Ford on an Hyundai forum.
It will be interesting to put it mildly, to see if not having a price competitive entry level Focus works for Ford.

In my opinion it wont. This section of the market is very price sensitive, Just look how many i30's sold in June due to 19990 drive away pricing.

It's pure arrogance and another example of Ford US not really caring about sales figures here.

With the free trade agreement with Thailand where the Focus is built it should be cheaper than both VW Golf and Mazda 3 certainly not dearer.

Having recently sold my Focus S and choosing between Golf and 3, I can say that both are better put together than the Focus.

If Ford wants to go premium then they need to provide a premium product, and this takes more than beating others on specs, they need to really lift their game on fit and finish.

Every Ford I've bought has been for the way it drove and value for money. If fit and finish, brand reputation and price are the main criteria then The new Focus just doesn't cut it.

My 2 cents.
Imolator is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 12-07-2015, 11:44 AM   #37
csv8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Focus Titanium in America is $23,670...current exchange rate its $31,795aus. Thats retail , they should be able to get it here for $29,990aus shouldn't being built in Thailand and the Free Trade Agreement make it cheaper ? than sourcing from Spain ????? The ST in America is only $1000k more than the Titanium.
http://www.ford.com/cars/focus/models/
Old 12-07-2015, 12:10 PM   #38
LeadFoot81
_Oo===oO_

Quote:
Focus Titanium in America is $23,670...current exchange rate its $31,795aus. Thats retail , they should be able to get it here for $29,990aus shouldn't being built in Thailand and the Free Trade Agreement make it cheaper ? than sourcing from Spain ????? The ST in America is only $1000k more than the Titanium.
The ST is only 1k more in the US, but have you compared it's specs to what we get in Oz?

Our STs are specced uniquely, not quite ST1, ST2 or ST3 but a mixture according to what Ford Australia's data shows buyers want in that type of car.

Also factor in that:

- Titanium comes from Thailand and the ST comes from Europe
- Miscellaneous overheads
- Recouping the cost of R&D
- Milking of IP

Mate do you expect Ford to give these cars away?
LeadFoot81 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
6 users like this post:
Old 12-07-2015, 12:44 PM   #39
DJM83
Barra Turbo > V8
Donating Member3

Quote:
Do you do any research at all?

Compare a US built ST to a Euro built ST. Our Focus ST is pretty much an ST3 minus leather seats.
You are comparing pretty much a US ST1 spec car to a US titanium and our ST2.5 next to our Titanium, its pointless as we only get one level of ST with no options (well we did until the Face lift model came along)
2 users like this post:
Old 12-07-2015, 02:30 PM   #40
1TUFFUTE
Banned

And you also can't compare a runout price to that of a incoming brand new model
Despite that.....looking at some of the competitions prices....I see zero problems at all. Maybe the deletion of a base model, but that will only lift the brands name and value.
And if your buying an ST it'll still be the best drive of the bunch no doubt.
1TUFFUTE is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-07-2015, 03:08 PM   #41
Imolator
Quad Cam

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1TUFFUTE View Post
Despite that.....looking at some of the competitions prices....I see zero problems at all. Maybe the deletion of a base model, but that will only lift the brands name and value.
I don't see how removing the base model will have any effect on the value of the Focus model or the Ford brand.

In fact Ford a starting from a very low public perception of their brand, that they have been working hard to achieve for quite some time now!

Both Ford's corporate and dealer culture have been anti customer for quite some time, If they want to lift the brand's name both these will have to change drastically.
Imolator is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 12-07-2015, 03:25 PM   #42
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

The reason my new EF project came up for sale is the owner of it was looking for a new car, and she wanted to go with another Ford and was looking at the Fiesta, it had to be auto (shes in her 70s).

We talked her out of it because it has that crap powershift auto, so we talked her into the new Mazda 2 which has a regular 6sp slushbox which is what she ended up buying.

This is a good move by Ford, that poweshift is junk, DSG should belong to the expensive exotics where they can spend the extra money on these things, not economy cars where the box costs more than the car.
Franco Cozzo is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
4 users like this post:
Old 12-07-2015, 03:54 PM   #43
Sprintey
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imolator View Post
It will be interesting to put it mildly, to see if not having a price competitive entry level Focus works for Ford.

In my opinion it wont. This section of the market is very price sensitive, Just look how many i30's sold in June due to 19990 drive away pricing.

It's pure arrogance and another example of Ford US not really caring about sales figures here.

With the free trade agreement with Thailand where the Focus is built it should be cheaper than both VW Golf and Mazda 3 certainly not dearer.

Having recently sold my Focus S and choosing between Golf and 3, I can say that both are better put together than the Focus.

If Ford wants to go premium then they need to provide a premium product, and this takes more than beating others on specs, they need to really lift their game on fit and finish.

Every Ford I've bought has been for the way it drove and value for money. If fit and finish, brand reputation and price are the main criteria then The new Focus just doesn't cut it.

My 2 cents.

Me too, the sweet spot for Ford was always how it drove (better handling, better ride) and value for money initial pricing. For that I put up with lesser finish (but still nice) and greater depreciation, and gained reliability from simple drivetrain matched with nicities like the ZF.

A Corolla (hatch - Japanese built) on a sub 20K deal with it's resale, build quality and apparently better (than before) drive experience looks pretty good tbh.
Old 12-07-2015, 04:09 PM   #44
csv8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

LeadFoot81,,no, I don't expect Ford to give them away, don't expect price gouging either,
I do know the ST is a homolgation of the ST1-2-3. If Ford want to sell cars, realistic pricing. Isnt that what moving Thailand was supposed to do?????? See how many i30's Hyundai sold in June!!!! Price was the factor. If Ford want to be seen as a premium product, then they will have to act very quickly to change dealers etc attitude. I know how my daughter is treated when she has her BMW serviced compared to me at Ford..We all have our opinions on Ford Aus....
Old 12-07-2015, 04:17 PM   #45
Adamz Ghia
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Personally I don't think it's a good move not to have price fighter in the line up, but Mazda don't seem to have a problem without one so I guess we'll see. Mazda has the badge credibility to get away with it, I'm not sure that Ford does yet...
Adamz Ghia is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-07-2015, 04:24 PM   #46
Ratmick
IT Drone from Sector 7G
Donating Member2

Personally I find the lack of a turbo-diesel in the new line-up slightly disappointing, my current LV MkII TDCi was going to be eventually replaced by a newer version of the same thing.

I don't particularly want a Mondeo, by the time I get a new car there'll only be the two of us at home, but I guess the TDCi version would fit the bill.

May look at a second hand Focus ST or a new Fiesta ST instead...

...or other manufacturer small turbo-diesels.
Ratmick is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 12-07-2015, 04:32 PM   #47
csv8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Top Gear road test new Focus http://www.topgear.com/car-reviews/ford/focus
13,810 – £31,090
8/10
Overall verdict
For: Ford's improved the weak bits and rekindled some of the famed Focus verve
Against: Those prices are looking pretty ambitious
The Focus is back to being one of the best family hatches you can buy. Keen drivers, look no further.

I agree with Brazen, the optional Conveinience and Technology Packs should be standard on the Titanium..http://www.ford.com.au/cars/2015-foc...s/spec-options

Last edited by csv8; 12-07-2015 at 04:46 PM.
csv8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-07-2015, 05:00 PM   #48
LeadFoot81
_Oo===oO_

Quote:
LeadFoot81,,no, I don't expect Ford to give them away, don't expect price gouging either,
I do know the ST is a homolgation of the ST1-2-3. If Ford want to sell cars, realistic pricing. Isnt that what moving Thailand was supposed to do?????? See how many i30's Hyundai sold in June!!!! Price was the factor. If Ford want to be seen as a premium product, then they will have to act very quickly to change dealers etc attitude. I know how my daughter is treated when she has her BMW serviced compared to me at Ford..We all have our opinions on Ford Aus....
If you know what the deal with the ST is, why complain about it's price?

You seem particularly miffed about Ford 'price gouging' Why? Let it go. You already voted with your feet and bought a Hyundai.

It seems that now that Ford Oz is very much one small part of Ford APac, volume isn't a priority. I get the impression that Ford want to be considered a premium offering and agree that they have a long way to go in earning that sort of cachet.
Old 12-07-2015, 05:11 PM   #49
DJM83
Barra Turbo > V8
Donating Member3

Quote:
I do know the ST is a homolgation of the ST1-2-3. If Ford want to sell cars, realistic pricing.
Clearly you dont if you think the ST in OZ should be 1k dearer than titanium.
Old 12-07-2015, 05:13 PM   #50
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ratmick View Post
Personally I find the lack of a turbo-diesel in the new line-up slightly disappointing, my current LV MkII TDCi was going to be eventually replaced by a newer version of the same thing.

I don't particularly want a Mondeo, by the time I get a new car there'll only be the two of us at home, but I guess the TDCi version would fit the bill.

If you are looking second hand the current Mazda 3 diesel would be the pick of the small cars with diesel engines (and manual) when it comes up on the second hand market.

Otherwise its too expensive IMO, the old one was around the $30K mark like our Focus(es?)
Franco Cozzo is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-07-2015, 05:17 PM   #51
csv8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Leadfoot81..I still have my BF Mk 2 Ghia Hyundai is for getting to work.....
Old 12-07-2015, 05:20 PM   #52
LeadFoot81
_Oo===oO_

Quote:
Leadfoot81..I still have my BF Mk 2 Ghia Hyundai is for getting to work.....
Okay, I'll leave you to it mate. All the best.
Old 12-07-2015, 11:18 PM   #53
BDA074

Survey of one i know but I have been considering getting a small car and until know I had discounted the Focus. I hated the interior with all the buttons and wasn't impressed with the engine.

I will now seriously consider it again. Don't care about no base model, wasn't considering anyway, their for hire cars...

Good work Ford. Love the new look too!
Old 13-07-2015, 11:56 AM   #54
Joe5619
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by new2ford View Post
Considering Focus is on the verge of being beaten out of second sales place in its sector in Europe by Octavia, it's surprising to see no acknowledgement in this new model of the issues that are probably turning people away from it. Broadly speaking I'd say the family market. It's still the same squashed little bubble and no wagon version is being offered here. Ford must be pitching for fleet and young singles sales only.

It looks like the cheapest Focus hatch here will cost more than a base Octavia wagon and the base Octavia sedan is cheaper still. Another own goal for Ford?
How do you come up with that?? Ford are moving away from fleet sales & these changes is a very very clear sign of that. No way does this line up look good for fleet sales.
Joe5619 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-07-2015, 02:03 PM   #55
new2ford
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I read somewhere that the small Fords are popular for fleets in UK.

They'd want to grab hold of some other sector. Turning them into sardine cans isn't an encouraging trend for the family market.
Old 13-07-2015, 02:13 PM   #56
DanielXR8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Windsor220 View Post
I think Ford have realised they cant compete on the cheap side of the scale.
So time to find out they can't compete on the expensive side either?

I get your point, but Ford is not a premium or aspirational brand in Australia. Jacking up the price won't change that perception. Only a very high quality product, spot on dealer and factory support and a decade or two of over delivering on all the things that make customers happy will change Fords current position in the market. They are a long way from even starting on that process.
DanielXR8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
5 users like this post:
Old 13-07-2015, 03:12 PM   #57
stevanford
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

With a tune, it wouldn't surprise me to see 150-160kw out of one. Would be tempting to trade the Fiesta in for one...
stevanford is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-07-2015, 10:23 PM   #58
Sabantien
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

The new car looks awesome to me. If price is your main criteria, there's plenty of cheap cars to buy, and if you want a Ford, grab a Fiesta. Not every car has to cater to the lowest end of the market, and there's nothing wrong with the company taking a change of direction. If Ford doesn't change, they're doing it wrong, if they do change, they're doing it wrong.
Sabantien is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 13-07-2015, 11:45 PM   #59
cycle myth

Gwen!!!!
cycle myth is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-07-2015, 09:36 PM   #60
G6E Turbo 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ratmick View Post

I agree very strange if you ask me
We have 2 x 2011 Diesel models and we love them
except for the Auto which has played up in the wife car
G6E Turbo 2 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post