Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 12-04-2006, 04:29 PM   #31
4.9 EF Futura
Official AFF conservative

Quote:
Originally Posted by LTDHO
If I shoot a high powered gun into a crowd and kill some.
Who is liable me or the gun?
If I shoot a low powered gun into a crowd and kill some.

If you replace gun with car. Why does the responsibility change?
Because of the perceptions, the stigma and the stereotypes. Your example is excellent - if only more people in the country would consider matters logically before ИИИИИing to their local MP...
Old 12-04-2006, 05:12 PM   #32
The Monty
Just slidin'

Quote:

This would look good in an e-mail to ACA. Anyone got the e-mail address?
Old 12-04-2006, 05:14 PM   #33
starkersEB
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:

Couldnt have said it better myself!!
starkersEB is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-04-2006, 05:23 PM   #34
EF, What else?
A Bloke

The problem is, we can sit here, and have an intelligent debate, but in the real world, that dosn't quiet cut it. The masses are told what to believe, and unfortunately this means the spread of mis-information is rife. Why isn't the government doing more to keep absolute morons off the road? I mean, targetting someone because they have an exhaust, a carbon fibre bonnet or god knows what, what difference is this going to make? In the meantime, people are walking out of courts laughing at the system, how do I know? Good mate of mine, top bloke, but unfortuanetly thinks he is God with a license. Has written off two cars, more major crashes then I have fingers on my hands, and a list of speeding fines which reads like the Bible. I DONT CARE IF NEEDS IT FOR WORK, OR WHAT A FINE UPSTANDING PERSON HE IS, or whatever, take his god damm license off him, he will not learn otherwise. And all this in a Hilux and a Lancer, just your average vehicle, not your performance cars.

And the attitude of police needs a major change, heard about a mate who was a passenger in a car near some street races in Sydney, the cops pulled them up. The driver said, mate this is a brand new AU, you wont find nothing to defect me on (few years ago). And the copper: Wouldnt count on it mate, we can defect you for having loose floor mats. WTF?
Old 12-04-2006, 05:46 PM   #35
wulos
Forum Director

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: All the behind-the-scenes effort. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: For his advice, tips/tricks in the Art and Photography section of the Forum. 

Does anyone else completely miss the significance of the timing of the article?
RIGHT BEFORE easter long weekend (traditionally noted as one of the poorer performing breaks for road deaths - ie easter usually sees more then other breaks)
Tis easy to get people thinking about road safety, pointing the finger of blame at the younger, more inexperienced demographic out there that the article was predominantly talking about, rather then simply saying to everyone out there to play it safe.
In that respect the article was succesful, it has got people thinking / talking about road safety at a critical time.
Would an article saying that the RTA has commisioned the 'poor weather - rain sensing' variable limit cameras on the F3 at Jolls bridge a mere 4 days BEFORE the Easter break double demerit points, another week before the ANZAC day double demerit point period have had the same effect?
wulos is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-04-2006, 05:50 PM   #36
TheSneakiness
Adapt or perish...

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Monty
This would look good in an e-mail to ACA. Anyone got the e-mail address?
I went and hunted for it this morning, because I couldn't believe what LTDHO said that ACA showed last night in his first post.

There is a website e-mail form you can fill out.
Old 12-04-2006, 06:07 PM   #37
fiery
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

You will never get the media to leave car enthusiast alone as it is one part of what helps their ratings sadly..

You will not get them to see two sides of the story..

They don't care if it is true or not, they don't want facts, Media people want one simple thing.. Sell a story, make money, keep their jobs in tact.

Sad but true.
fiery is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-04-2006, 06:29 PM   #38
ned
Once shy... twice bitten

EA2BA, from what I can remember they just said lowered suspension in general, no defining methods, just called it lowered suspension, and there they were standing in a yard full of imports which most likely have coilovers and what in them lol.
Old 12-04-2006, 08:39 PM   #39
FPV8U
BOSS 5.4L Enthusiast

I ran to the TV to watch this when i heard it on, i missed the section with the man talking about his little boy, i feel for him, i really do.

But these shows P!$$ me off when they start talking about mods that they have no idea, the police officer said lowered suspention changed the handling characteristics of the car, he didn't say if it were positive or negative, so why bring it up, next thing they will mention big brakes the way there going!

Then the bring up the accident where a bunch of mates went out for some fun, one of them smashed (The only one not in a High performance vehical i might add!!! F#CK you Bracksy!!!) and evan that wasn't his fault going 100+Km/H around a bend the passenger pulled the handbrake on!

How was this the "Hoons" Fault going at the 60Km/H speed limit he probably would have lost hit anyway in that situation!

God Dammit i hate the Media!!!
FPV8U is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-04-2006, 08:55 PM   #40
wulos
Forum Director

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: All the behind-the-scenes effort. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: For his advice, tips/tricks in the Art and Photography section of the Forum. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by FPV8U
F#CK you Bracksy
God Dammit i hate the Media!!!
What does Bracksy have to do with this particular media beat up campaign?
wulos is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-04-2006, 11:28 PM   #41
clontarf_x
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I am seriously considering putting in an application with my FPV/Tickford and other Car Clubs here in WA for an interview on one of these types of shows. Everyone knows it will fail and they will never have us on to show our pro-modified and anti-hoon POV because hey, that would make them and their authority figures 2-faced liars wouldn't it...

I will let you all know what happens. I am ИИИИing sick of the media using some spineless cop or "government rep" to polish their turd for them...
clontarf_x is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-04-2006, 11:44 PM   #42
nb_351
building the xe...

these are exactly right... its not the car or the driver... if a d**khead is in a 120y datto, hell still kill himself... it will just take him longer to reach that speed, and make him want it more because hes used to its below par acceleration...
that line of dick johnson is the best, most fitting quote...
nb_351 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-04-2006, 12:27 AM   #43
chief
FTF Club Moderator

Did anyone see at the very end of TT the bit about young drivers who are addicted to speed. Who cant control themselves. They go to the track and spin out on every corner than are interviewed. They brag about how fast they go on the street. The full interview will be on tomorrow night.

BTW The only reason why I got a glimps of it was my younger sister was getting ready to watch Home and Away.

Falcon Tickford FPV (FTF) Car Club of NSW

Fords in the Park 2010

I use and recommend Stingray Car Security.
http://www.stingraycar.com.au/
chief is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-04-2006, 01:58 AM   #44
ToxikXR
you've been dubbed..

Quote:
Originally Posted by chief
BTW The only reason why I got a glimps of it was my younger sister was getting ready to watch Home and Away.
Man, if i was stupid enough to run through a house I wish a few of them H&A actors were there... terrible acting!

Ive only been on here for a few weeks now, but totally agreee, its the idiots with banged up dattos,civics and the like with some shiny wheels and a loud exhaust who think they can handle anything..I feel sorry for those who truely love a modded car, not for the speed but for the reward that the car gives you.
APR Turbo Back Exhaust, APR Torque Arm Insert, APR ECU, APR Fuel Pump, Oettinger Bodykit, Oettinger Intercooler, Oettinger RXX 19x8.5 Wheels, Dbilas Cold Air Induction, Neuspeed Front & Rear Swaybars, Forge Diverter Valve
Anthracite Leather, Sat Nav, Xenons, DSG, Sunroof, 20% Tint
ToxikXR is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-04-2006, 02:08 AM   #45
fiery
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

It would be interesting how they would handle it if all car clubs in all States were to jump on this band wagon...

If the main shows (ACA, TT) won't listen, you could start with a smaller media sorce and push the issue that way....

It is something for all clubs to think about maybe........ just a thought anyway.
Old 13-04-2006, 08:16 AM   #46
LTDHO
The one and only

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiery
It would be interesting how they would handle it if all car clubs in all States were to jump on this band wagon...

If the main shows (ACA, TT) won't listen, you could start with a smaller media sorce and push the issue that way....

It is something for all clubs to think about maybe........ just a thought anyway.
Problem is even if (ACA, TT) these shows were to do a story, it would be edited to show us as fools and worst then we are. If it was done live, then the questions would be misleading.
Only thing we can do is flood (ACA.TT) them with constructing emails stating that not all modified car owners aer hoons.
Other cars include Dynamic ED Sprint, Dynamic DL LTD, Sparkling Burgundy DL LTD, Yellow, Red & Blue XB sedan & Black XB Coupe
LTDHO is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-04-2006, 10:01 AM   #47
fiery
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Problem is even if (ACA, TT) these shows were to do a story, it would be edited to show us as fools and worst then we are. If it was done live, then the questions would be misleading.
Only thing we can do is flood (ACA.TT) them with constructing emails stating that not all modified car owners aer hoons.

You are right...
There is a media attention on a the proute charity thing up this way this weekend, so maybe that will get the ball rolling with positive car enthusiast feedback...

The emails are a good idea, but are they really going to get to the people that count (the public)!
Bit of a tough one really!!!
Old 13-04-2006, 10:18 AM   #48
FPV8U
BOSS 5.4L Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by wulos
What does Bracksy have to do with this particular media beat up campaign?
The Mr Bracks reference was about the Vic governments stance on High Performance vehicals, not specifically to do with this article.
FPV8U is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-04-2006, 10:38 AM   #49
THE JOKER
Is back

Lates night on tv two hoons racing that were pi$$. One hit a maxi cab head on,so you don't need a high performance car to kill someone. But lucky this cabby didn't get kill
THE JOKER is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-04-2006, 10:52 AM   #50
niko
likes falcon's

Quote:
A poor bloke described how a VH/VK came throught the front of his property and ended on it's side.
^^ highly modified and this model of car dont sound right toghether...
Old 15-04-2006, 02:59 PM   #51
Bossxr8
Peter Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Monty
Thats the DJR 320, an up spec model, but I dont think its a GT. It sounded unreal though, yes. :
Its more than a 320, thats Dicks personal car and its an all alloy 350rwkw monster. Damn did that thing sound tuff. They said 0-100 in less than 5 seconds.
Bossxr8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-04-2006, 03:47 PM   #52
The Monty
Just slidin'

I stand corrected. It sounded awesome though, I agree.
Old 15-04-2006, 03:47 PM   #53
UNR8D
FORMER T3 OWNER

you can do 100kmh in a corolla and kill yourself, in fact have less controll at 100kmh than doing 100kmh in an R34 Skyline or Typhoon, lowered suspention if done correctly will make the car handle better, your better to avoid situations as your car is more controlable, bigger wheels and tyres if not excessive ie 22" on a EB will make your car stop, corner, and be more stable and speed.

the fact is their is counter arguements to everything they have said, almost 90% of the ИИИИ spoken needed to be taken with a grain of salt, idealy ACA sould be put up for false reporting as really i have seen nothing positive or factal for a long time on that show.

as part of a car club in brisbane we offered them to come on cruises with us, they declined, we offered full footage inc all of the 300+ cars with 3 cars being ИИИИheads and being kicked out by the rest of the group.... to no avail they declined, we got interviewed by TT, and made out we were going to help the police with finding defects... they choped and changed the interview entirely to suit themselfs and while not making us look like hoons, made us look just stupid, im really ИИИИING over it.

you can sleep in your car, but you cant drift your house...
UNR8D is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-04-2006, 08:50 PM   #54
Falchoon

Did anyone see ACA or TT the other night where they had members of the one family each taking turns at driving a simulator while eating and reading the paper(!)? The mother was speeding (about 80km/h in 60 zone) and several times when she looked like she might crash took her hands from the wheel and put them over her eyes, therefore making her crash. She just laughed about it afterwards. :

The young guy (late teens or early 20s) had much better car control, drove with one hand while eating, was speeding more than his mother (about 100km/h in 60 zone, had several near misses and managed to avoid several accidents but in the end crashed and burned. They were making out he was the worst driver because he was driving at higher speed, yet he had way more car control. At least he kept at least one hand on the steering wheel, more than you can say for his much more experienced mother.

If I was a cop or licence authority I would of cancelled her licence on the spot or at the very least made her undergo a retest. It's people like this that are a danger on the road not only to themselves but to the rest of the population as well, far more so than someone who does 10km/h over the speed limit on a six lane freeway.
Falchoon is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-04-2006, 08:56 PM   #55
Redrum
Force Fed Fords

Cars don't kill people, driver's do! I have seen modded cars driven well and modded cars driven bad. I have seen stockers driven the same. To label someone a poor driver because they drive a modded car or to label all modded cars as dangerous is just a farce. This story, like all content on this show, was just sensationlised tripe. I feel sorry for the loss of their son. But this emotional knee jerk reaction, although understandable, is not going to stop a reoccurence of this type of event.
Old 15-04-2006, 09:26 PM   #56
Barry_v
rocknrolla

as if you even watch these shows... its like reading womens weekly and complaining about their speculation on celebrities personal lives. thats what the magazine is about! watch the news, ACA/TT is NOT a news program.

The other thing I laugh about is when people say upgrade your brakes when you upgrade the engine. If you dont drive like a madman you dont need to stop any quicker than you did before! A good driver takes the car's capabilities into account. of course if i try to drive my 4 wheel drum XM falcon around like I drive my '92 LTD around I'm going to come unstuck, that isnt the fault of the brakes though!

I'd like to see a comparison 60-0 stopping distances of falcons from XK-BA and see how much it has actually changed over the years.
Barry_v is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post