Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > OzECruisers (E/N/D Series) > OzECruisers General Discussions

OzECruisers General Discussions E/N/D vehicles General Discussion ONLY. NO TECH THREADS

Closed Thread

Old 01-09-2005, 11:24 AM   #31
EA2BA
PM me if you want

When ever you exchange details, get full details, licence, rego, phone numbers, and insurance company.

FYI make the TX3 pay for damage on your car, its the law and you are entitled.

The amount of UNSEEN damage in a rear end hit can be extremely high, cars are made to bend and fold to protect the occupants.

Send me a PM if you want to know anything

2010 Ford Ranger PK High Rider (Auto) - 2011 Ford Fiesta (Auto)
Old 01-09-2005, 11:27 AM   #32
BLKPHN
ORSM FORD CRUSIERS

i would just b giving the same idea's sorry mick just burn the damn camry!!

Strive for perfection in everything we do. Take the best that exists and make it better.
When it does not exist, design it. Accept nothing nearly right or good enough.

-[BLKPHN] (VIC) PLATES FOR SALE $495.00-
Old 01-09-2005, 11:33 AM   #33
Laminge
Cuban... nothing like it

Im not suprised the guy wants his car fixed, so would I, and I would be on your doorstep till it was.

Dont listen to the bull advice about tring to shift blame and his non working tailights, geezuz some people.

You screwed up, now take responsibility to get it fixed.

Contact his insurance company if you have details, or the panel shop.

If he is not going through insurance, then I would be armed with pics of his car and damage and visitng the local panel beaters.

Sorry, but driving around with no insurance is just bloody stupid.

Next time it could be more serious, and where the hell do you find $$$ to replace a $60,000 car?
Old 01-09-2005, 11:34 AM   #34
LG
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Daim sorry to hear buddy. Your car was looking real nice. I'd be requesting hard written up proof of these so called "expensive quotes". Maybe you could arrange to go to a panel beater together, and then see what they say.

Then go from there. If you know a decent smash repairer, you need to be tough with the camry driver and make him sort out the mess privately, by telling him it'd be a whole let easier.

i.e. you could tell him, that going through the insurance would make him drop his rating, and could possibly increase his premium.

Only do that, if the repairs aren't that expensive to fix, i.e. less than your excess.

Don't worry about your rear-end cause that should be all covered. Just means over the next couple months you need to work a bit harder, and save a bit more, and not go out as much. That's life. Build a bridge.
Old 01-09-2005, 11:34 AM   #35
Casper
FF.Com.Au Hardcore
Contributing Member

just be thankful it wasnt a turbo Bently R... or even a Porsche... hell, even a new Falcon. You'd be up for more than you can imagine.

It wasnt the Camrys fault in the end. It was yours.. time to pay the price.

Now in Euro-Trash. VW Coupe V6 4motion.
Old 01-09-2005, 11:49 AM   #36
ned
Once shy... twice bitten

Ghia5L... *bows down to you* lol

Mick, sounds like my first accident (thankfully I had insurance) the guy called me 18 times in 2 hours. Initially he said he was alright and we would get it all sorted, 10 mins later he calls me and says he's gonna sue me for compensation! He had no insurance and was making threats because he was paranoid. (Sounds like your bloke).

As a few people have mentioned... bit of tough luck, especially without the insurance thing. You MUST get photo's of his car ASAP before he makes it worse for you. Good luck with it, I'm sure you'll get it all sorted in the end.
Old 01-09-2005, 11:50 AM   #37
XA-Coupe
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Gotta say.. all your mods ... new wheels ... but no insurance. I hope that some other guys take a look and figure out that they need to change priorities.

Unfortunately you have put yourself in the position of having no where to go without expensive legal help which will no doubt be a lot more than insurance would have been all for a 2 grand repair.. (or whatever.)

The guy is a tool, no doubt about it but now you hit his car and now you have to find a way to sort it out. Make him get three quotes from proper repair shops and figure out how you are going to pay up. Easiest way .. and learn from the experience.
Old 01-09-2005, 12:18 PM   #38
GraveDilute

Yep, seriously, get 3rd party insurance AT LEAST. AAMI does cheap 3rd party with fire & theft for an extra $50/year. Sorry, but I've got no time for people who won't dish out for 3rd party. I've been burnt 3 times by non-insured drivers. if you can't afford insurance, you can't afford a car

unfortunately, you are at fault. get pics of his car ASAP. If he is insured, then the insurance companies will be up your a@$ with a microscope. If not, then you have the option to sort something out. f

rom personal experience, going through a small claims court take aaages, so you can use this to negotiate with him to spread payments out over time. if you really want to be a pri%k then you could just give him an ultimatum, you repair the car at your cost, or he pursues through the courts. until a judgement goes against you, the costs of pursuing a claim all have to be borne by him (and then yourself when you lose (which you most likely will))

The lesson to be learned is, spend the $1/day on insurance to avoid these headf*&^$!
Old 01-09-2005, 12:36 PM   #39
GenesiS
*Smart *** comment here*

Default You know what I took out

gave five minutes and came up with a figure... and THREATENS to call insurence...

me thinks it's a bluff... i doubt he has incsurence... ask his insurence company, then ring and check if he has a policy, thats wat i did.. and guess what... no insurence...

that way if he signs up today it becomes fraud and he gets screwed royally as well.. happened to a bloke that hit my old car... what can i say, karam's a b|tch!

Also he does not have to get you three quotes, when you hit them, he only has to get you one, legally... happened to me, found out the hard way.. and if he only has third party he has to take you through court as a third party policy GENERALLY does not cover damaged caused to your car by another car... it only covers damage caused BY your car... just some food for thought

Last edited by Laminge; 01-09-2005 at 01:29 PM.
Old 01-09-2005, 01:12 PM   #40
Polyal
The 'Stihl' Man
Donating Member2

mick mate..I only pay like $22 a month for 3rd party fire and theft, give RACV a call.

Very crappy situation but sh!t like this happens all the time. Ive never had a crash with someone else so Im no use to ya..good luck!
  • 1999 Lexus IS200 - 1G-FE Turbo 6MT
  • 1973 ZF Ford Fairlane
Old 01-09-2005, 01:16 PM   #41
XRated
Shoot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laminge
Im not suprised the guy wants his car fixed, so would I, and I would be on your doorstep till it was.

Dont listen to the bull advice about tring to shift blame and his non working tailights, geezuz some people.

You screwed up, now take responsibility to get it fixed.

Contact his insurance company if you have details, or the panel shop.

If he is not going through insurance, then I would be armed with pics of his car and damage and visitng the local panel beaters.

Sorry, but driving around with no insurance is just bloody stupid.

Next time it could be more serious, and where the hell do you find $$$ to replace a $60,000 car?
Sorry to hear Mick and I hope it gets sorted out. But I have to agree with Minge here..

How can all you blokes try and shift the blame and pull dodgies like saying his tail lights aren't working? You're at fault if you hit someone from behind, regardless. Think about it; if someone ran up your **** because you slammed your brakes on for a legitimate reason and then the person (without insurance) tells the cops/insurance company that you had no bloody working brake lights, how furious would you be!!! Morals.

Geeze, you ran up his **** and you're at fault. If you've got no insurance you have to pay the price and accept this. Just be sure he gets at least THREE legitimate quotes from reputable repair shops. If he's got insurance then that's generally what happens.

I hope it works out for the best.

20V Turbo

Old 01-09-2005, 01:25 PM   #42
gozza

Quote:
Originally Posted by XRated
Sorry to hear Mick and I hope it gets sorted out. But I have to agree with Minge here..

How can all you blokes try and shift the blame and pull dodgies like saying his tail lights aren't working? You're at fault if you hit someone from behind, regardless. Think about it; if someone ran up your **** because you slammed your brakes on for a legitimate reason and then the person (without insurance) tells the cops/insurance company that you had no bloody working brake lights, how furious would you be!!! Morals.

Geeze, you ran up his **** and you're at fault. If you've got no insurance you have to pay the price and accept this. Just be sure he gets at least THREE legitimate quotes from reputable repair shops. If he's got insurance then that's generally what happens.

I hope it works out for the best.
i wouldn't do it
i only said it because
a) my brakes lights are playin up and if someone rams me i'm at fault
b)i was under the impression the guy was being an a55hole and trying to extort old buddy out of more cash..pain and simple
Old 01-09-2005, 02:05 PM   #43
Supa R00
Rolling on Simmons...

Mate i got third party fire and theft up to 5000, i pay a lil over 200 bucks with RACV, and im 18yo P plater... its cheap peace of mind really...
5Spd, Simmons FR17"s, SupaLow's, Sprint Bodykit,
Cam, exhaust and all that jazz... Complete AU XR6 conversion and soon to be turbo!
:voldar02:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walkinshaw
When has any XR6 after the ED, prior to the XR6T been anywhere near being a performance car, or much more of a car than a stock taxi spec Gli?
Old 01-09-2005, 02:22 PM   #44
K_Man
Whoa, this is heavy!

Ouch mate, that really sucks :(

He doesn't sound like he has insurance, i'd do what GenesiS suggested and ring up what he says is his insurance company, see if he has a policy.

I managed $1800 worth of damage to an 80's corolla in a 10km/h shunt with almost no damage sustained to my old Skyline (stuffed bumper reo), but it does sound a bit like he's bluffing with all these different amounts.
Old 01-09-2005, 03:07 PM   #45
bindi
Redhead extraordinaire...

Ghia 5L you are evil! I love it :newangel:

Anyway, he can't just come up with this kind of figure, he has to have it in writing from a REAL mechanic and has to send you a copy of the quote. And as someone else said, 3 quotes by insurance law. I would NOT pay any amount until I see the quotes in writing.

Get insurance too, asap.

Quote:
Originally Posted by big_waity
Oh, and another surefire symptom will be the Falcon badge at the back.
Old 01-09-2005, 03:25 PM   #46
Dezza
Parts bin special

Quote:
Originally Posted by gozza
i wouldn't do it
i only said it because
a) my brakes lights are playin up and if someone rams me i'm at fault
b)i was under the impression the guy was being an a55hole and trying to extort old buddy out of more cash..pain and simple
Even if the front car's brake lights don't work, the blame still lies on the person who hit them so there is no point in coming up with excuses. In 2003, my brake light switch failed (a little piece of plastic snapped off and got stuck between the metal contacts) and I got hit from behind by a Hilux. Even though I only have 3rd party insurance, their insurance covered the repairs to my car. The only problem was that it took well over 6 months to get the money out of the insurance company.

Daily 2014 SZII Territory diesel - basic runabout

Previous Cars 1990 EAII Fairmont Ghia - Tickford engine, 5 speed, SVO wheels, bodykit, much more
2000 AUII Fairmont - XR wheels, Ghia interior
2010 FG XR50T ute - XR8 bonnet, Streetfighter intake
Old 01-09-2005, 04:08 PM   #47
gozza

ohh ok
i was told that if your brake lights weren't workin u were liable for the person crashing into you....which annoys me cos i'm always lookin 3 cars ahead anyway..if people solely keep there eyes on the car in front they are idiots...
i'm a bit releived after reading you post tho lol...my brake lights aren't working properly
Old 01-09-2005, 04:49 PM   #48
oneredED
need more boost

Well, sorry as to hear that Mick. That is fair crotch-rot really. I won't give you a public flogging as others have done, but I just hope that this doesn't cause you too much trouble in the end, not having insurance. I'll have a chat to a friend of mine who had a crash without insurance, but was not at fault and the other party blamed him. It may not be applicable in your case, but he was able to get "cover" after the accident. It is not dodgey, but i don't quite understand what he did. I dunno, i'll find out.

On a happier note, i got a few more $, and as always my money ends up at Mick's Spare Parts Garage, so you'll be seeing a bit of $ soon when i buy some more junk off you ;)
Stops due to: bendix, DBA
Shifter connected to: T5 manual
Power from: ???
Interior: velour and woodgrain
Cost: stuff all :P
Old 01-09-2005, 05:33 PM   #49
Walkinshaw
Two > One

(1) Pay for the damage. 110% your fault
(2) Get insurance before you drive the car again

Old 01-09-2005, 05:48 PM   #50
LUXO_8
windsor user

mick, i cant believe you dont have any insurance mate, thats plain crazy....

its not overly expensive...sheesh
Old 01-09-2005, 06:06 PM   #51
Gunns
Banned

Mick, Mick, Mick what are we going to do with you?
1. That will teach you for tailgating, and don't say you weren't cos ask John_xr6, Max or Effalcon, you do it and you don't realise.
2. Blow up the Camry and there is nothing to repare
3. ask for the quotes, cos I bet he is bluffing
4. at worst get a indipendant asessor to quote on it to get the real figure
5. It is your fault so be perpared for the worst.
6. Get some insurence
7. Look on the bright side you are still alive

You are a mate so I am giving it to you straight up so don't take any offence, but I have to agree with Minge and Casper on this one.
Old 01-09-2005, 06:32 PM   #52
Damo
Banned

Far out Mick that really sucks, I don't have insurance on my EB yet, i'm gunna get some qoutes tommorrow after reading this.

I agree with the other that this guy sounds dodgey and possibly doesn't have insurance himself. Good luck with getting it all sorted out, hopefully it won't hurt you too much financialy.
Old 01-09-2005, 06:37 PM   #53
PULLY6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Sh!t Mick, sorry to hear it mate!

You'll get it sorted - its a good lesson to everyone who drives without at least third party fire & theft.
Old 01-09-2005, 06:54 PM   #54
Stock EB
Starter Motor

Bad luck (it will happen to all of us one day:()
Old 01-09-2005, 06:54 PM   #55
Psycho Chicken
Banned

Jesus that sucks, the day I finally get insurance you have a stuff up, what are the odds?!

Sounds to me like he doesn't have insurance and he's just trying to get money out of you. As said, ask him who he's with, call them up and find out. If he won't tell you, wait for him to make a move, bet he won't.

Don't let it get you down mate, I know it sucks, but it's not that much damage. Remember the EB? At least $3000 work in that and no one wanted to pay up. It ****es you off, but you'll be right in no time, trust me.
Old 01-09-2005, 06:58 PM   #56
InitialD
Low and Loud

Well yes I will admit ive been a complete "you know what" about not getting insurance, but I will be once this is sorted mind you. Just I have no idea what I would/should get.

Anyway,

EFFALCON, John_xr6 and I went to take pictures as people have siad of the vehicle. There is Minimal damage, i mean MINIMAL. I offered to pay for the rear to be repaired and I would supply a rear bumper but he didnt reply and keept putting me onto the phone to his "so called" pannel beater who seemed to spend more time insulting me then actually doing anything. Apparently a '91 Camrys rear bar Second hand is $225 : as if

He is apparently through RACV and I will be calling them in the morning.

1993 Ford Falcon XR6 Poly Green Stationwagon - 4.0 I6, Auto, 3:45LSD, All the usual XR6 Stuff but in a wagon :
Old 01-09-2005, 08:01 PM   #57
trick_xd
I build your wish list...

mick thats not good to hear (I only just got full comp last week) BUT
send me a pm with his details my M8 works for the R.A.C.V.
I will be seeing him tomorrow
I could slip him the details :evilsasmo
Old 01-09-2005, 08:37 PM   #58
Peuty
Afterburner + skids =
Donating Member1

Hang on guys, I thought Third party was compulsory??

Oo\===/oO
Old 01-09-2005, 08:43 PM   #59
Casper
FF.Com.Au Hardcore
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peuty
Hang on guys, I thought Third party was compulsory??
Thats for injury, not damage.

Now in Euro-Trash. VW Coupe V6 4motion.
Old 01-09-2005, 08:43 PM   #60
b2tf
not here much anymore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stock EB
Bad luck (it will happen to all of us one day:()
Speak for yourself - I have insurance.