Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > OzECruisers (E/N/D Series) > OzECruisers General Discussions

OzECruisers General Discussions E/N/D vehicles General Discussion ONLY. NO TECH THREADS

Old 23-12-2005, 08:43 PM   #31
jedaarr

Location: Nowra (Southcoast) N.S.W. Beutiful beaches no smog & plenty of grog & yes that is my dog.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sickeb
jedaarr
i was wondering if you had a pic or 2 of your car with lows if you do could you send em 2
dane.woolnough@bigpond.com
cheers karl
i do not have a dig cammera but will borrow
one & upload a photo asap .

TO MANY YEARS IN THE MAKING : :1syellow1
jedaarr is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-12-2005, 10:22 PM   #32
sickeb

that would be great thanks
sickeb is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-02-2006, 06:11 PM   #33
Shazzbot

Hey guys ive got a EA and i have just bought king springs SL's all round what else should i get? is a camber kit needed?
  Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-02-2006, 08:10 PM   #34
MADED-6
MADED.6

i have king spring super lows all round and i havent got a camber/caster kit and i got el gt 17" wheels bout 1'500k ago with a full wheel alignment and it hasnt chewed the tyres at all but it does look like it has a bit of camber and it handles good aswell so if it starts chewin the tyres ill get a camber/caster kit but for now i wont bother. thanx.
MADED-6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-02-2006, 09:21 PM   #35
ON_DUBS
[ON DUBS]

standard shocks? you gotta be f.ukkn kidding man. they aint gonna last long with superlow springs on em and considering the age you be better off to go with all new equipment.

i recently fitted superlows all round with monroe gt gas all round. its nice but i think its too low now. should have gone with just lows. might look better after i upsize the rims but i would definately advise you to go with lows and new shocks.

a camber kit is not optional you simply MUST get one. you tires will be fukkd b4 long not to mention the awful handling. i had the camberkit fitted with the lowering but drove for a day without it actually wheel aligned. get the shim type to. some people say ratchet sucks

i paid $420 bucks for the shocks and springs. just ask people you know eventually someone will have a contact
Old 26-02-2006, 11:21 PM   #36
moody

420???ИИИИ. thats cheap. im gettin my set 600. ok...camber kits. what are they worth ad can i fit em myself.?
moody is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-02-2006, 09:06 AM   #37
ON_DUBS
[ON DUBS]

paid bout $140 for the camber kit. kmac shim type.

no idea about fitting them but it cost me $48 to have it wheel aligned at bob jane.
Old 27-02-2006, 09:46 AM   #38
sven

anybody considering not getting a camber kit is crazy in IMO. fitting a camber kit now will save you lots of money in the long run. also i say go S-Lows all round, shortened shocks at the rear.
Old 27-02-2006, 01:49 PM   #39
moody

if im only using lows all round...30mm...is it still recomended getting a camber kit...just the front and is it a big job to fit.
moody is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-10-2006, 01:32 PM   #40
penrith_panther
EB II

Quote:
Originally Posted by moody
if im only using lows all round...30mm...is it still recomended getting a camber kit...just the front and is it a big job to fit.
i dont think it would be a big job to fit because my car is at pedders getting it done now and im only being charged $90 for the labor...im not too sure about parts because it came with a full nolathane suspension bush kit for $535 from ebay
cheers
penrith_panther is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-10-2006, 02:07 PM   #41
SVT8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

it depends on what hight you want exactly??? What type of springs do you want pedder's, king's, dobson's etc. They all sit at varied hights and have different characteristics about them..........If your car is an everyday car i would say go lows all round or quite possible lows in the front and superlows in the back but thats up to you. Ultralow springs are the lowest you can possibly go, unless you chop or compress your springs.

Check out XR-6000 he has ultralows all round and im pretty sure its legal on his car. It just depends on what exactly your after, do you want to go right on the leagl limit or even lower? What sacrifice are you willing to make for the comfort ride of your car? Do you want a ride that sits fairly low and is comfortable to drive in or something that just looks good?

SVT8
SVT8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-10-2006, 10:24 PM   #42
Sundeep
Banned

Yeah there's a lot of variation but if you spend the right cash you'll get the right setup, so shop around and do a bit of research!

Sundeep
Sundeep is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post