Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > OzECruisers (E/N/D Series) > OzECruisers General Discussions

OzECruisers General Discussions E/N/D vehicles General Discussion ONLY. NO TECH THREADS

Old 10-07-2006, 07:06 PM   #31
BI6TIM
SnortPerformance.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebs_4l
well, i think those extractors look pretty rough actually, and appear to be a direct copy of comp style pacemakers.. would have been a lot nicer to use pacemakers

i would have to say, the roughest looking parts are the head flange welds, and the straight piece of pipe coming out cockeyed on cyl.3
Well thanks for your input buddy (<input sarcastic tone of voice here).

They are 1 3/4" primaries from memory and yes it is serious. Everything custom on this car was made to suit each other ie: The man who made the custom exhaust, which is 3", built it with the head mods and cam specs in mind. So whether people like it or not the exhaust was made like that for a reason and I won't be surprised if this car has the most power and does the fastest 1/4 mile time of any N/A 4L non gassed. JMM has nothing!
BI6TIM is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-07-2006, 07:49 PM   #32
EB Pete
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Location: Under the bonnet, trying to keep as clean as above!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BI6TIM

They are 1 3/4" primaries from memory and yes it is serious. Everything custom on this car was made to suit each other ie: The man who made the custom exhaust, which is 3", built it with the head mods and cam specs in mind. So whether people like it or not the exhaust was made like that for a reason and I won't be surprised if this car has the most power and does the fastest 1/4 mile time of any N/A 4L non gassed. JMM has nothing!
i like that attitude. good luck to him!
just out of curiosity what place did the exhaust system?
EB Pete is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-07-2006, 08:13 PM   #33
BI6TIM
SnortPerformance.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by EB Pete
just out of curiosity what place did the exhaust system?
The place is called FatPipes at Kalangur Ph: 3285 7417
Old 10-07-2006, 08:20 PM   #34
EB Pete
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
The place is called FatPipes at Kalangur Ph: 3285 7417
where abouts is kalangur?
Old 10-07-2006, 10:13 PM   #35
BI6TIM
SnortPerformance.com

North Brisbane EB Pete. 5 minutes north of Strathpine, if that helps. 5 minutes west of redcliffe if that helps. Talk to Lez, tell him Kelvin with the brock falcon or Tim formaly of Pedders at Lawnton recomended you go there.
Old 10-07-2006, 10:13 PM   #36
BI6TIM
SnortPerformance.com

Oh that's if you were actualy planning on going there.
Old 10-07-2006, 10:45 PM   #37
EB Pete
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Oh that's if you were actualy planning on going there.
thanks yeah i was thinking about it. thanks heaps for that.
Old 10-07-2006, 11:24 PM   #38
Walkinshaw
Two > One

Quote:

Big Call.

The strip awaits Can't Wait.

Walkinshaw is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-07-2006, 01:31 AM   #39
ebs_4l

Quote:
no problems

Quote:
They are 1 3/4" primaries from memory and yes it is serious. Everything custom on this car was made to suit each other ie: The man who made the custom exhaust, which is 3", built it with the head mods and cam specs in mind.
to me, that looks like the off-the-shelf tailpipe and intermediate section (muffler) from redback/lukey... yes, i know they only make one for the v8, but the only difference is the first couple of feet of pipe, my guess is that is a modded 3in v8 system.

Quote:
So whether people like it or not the exhaust was made like that for a reason and I won't be surprised if this car has the most power and does the fastest 1/4 mile time of any N/A 4L non gassed. JMM has nothing!
nothing except gigantic amounts of R&D, testing, 1/4mile runs... not that that helps much. i will be eagerly awaiting power figures from this car then, you'd want to take the fairly substantial stereo system out b4 hitting the track. there is a huge difference between a car with huge hp and one that is competitive down the 1/4

dont go getting all upset because i pointed out the fact that them headers look pretty damn rough to me, come on, what sort of 'CUSTOM' fabricator would put that pipe like that into number 3?? thats not all that is rough, but when i look at the rest of the car, then see that, it just stands out, maybe im just super critical of the exhaust fabrication since im so fussy with my own exhaust fabrication work... you wouldnt get money out of me for them, hell, if you or your mate are going to the trouble of getting headers 'CUSTOM' made, then atleast you could go to someone who has a 'TIG' welder....
EB 4L, 8.4:1, GT3540r, Greenslade Engineering exhaust manifold and plenum chamber, 90mm throttle, 600x300x100 cooler, Surecam custom turbo grind, autronic SM4, siemens 72lb, Crane HI-6, LX-92, Innovate LM-1, Turbosmart Street Reg, bosch 044, turbosmart 48mm w/gate and v-port BOV. 335.8rwkw 1bar
ebs_4l is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-07-2006, 07:34 AM   #40
BI6TIM
SnortPerformance.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebs_4l
to me, that looks like the off-the-shelf tailpipe and intermediate section (muffler) from redback/lukey... yes, i know they only make one for the v8, but the only difference is the first couple of feet of pipe, my guess is that is a modded 3in v8 system.

What is wrong with you man? The exhuast was custom made from the front to the back, there is no off the shelf items here, whether you like it or not. And unless you yourself can do better with an exhaust and have proof please keep it to yourself.

As for the comments I made about JMM, I knew there would be a reaction of some sort. The truth is I don't hate JMM but i do feel that with all that has gone into that red EB of thiers (engine work and the rather elaborate suspension setup), it should go faster. They are claiming that they are the premier 4L falcon builders, or whatever, yet there is a bloke up here in Brisbane, that is not on this forum, that does a 13.5 1/4 mile in an EA with EF motor. His car has standard design suspension setup (front and rear) and not a JMM part on it.

If that bloke can do that himself and JMM can only beat him by 0.2 sec, what does that say about all there resourses and R&D? Maybe Kelvins car won't be the fasted N/A 4L non gassed, but it deffinately has the potential to be.
Old 11-07-2006, 01:10 PM   #41
ebs_4l

the problem with trying to outrun jmm, is that, although you may get real close, at such a developed level, you reach a point of ever diminishing returns... you may gain 1 sec easily from 15 down to 14sec, but how much harder is the next second to drop, from 14 down to 13??? thats why they are still the fastest..

oh, and could you elaborate a bit on the engine in this brock then?? it must have some serious work done to it, what sort of management is it using?? what are the specs of the cam?? etc, sounds like it may be the most highly modified 6 around

heres just a bit of my handywork.

EB 4L, 8.4:1, GT3540r, Greenslade Engineering exhaust manifold and plenum chamber, 90mm throttle, 600x300x100 cooler, Surecam custom turbo grind, autronic SM4, siemens 72lb, Crane HI-6, LX-92, Innovate LM-1, Turbosmart Street Reg, bosch 044, turbosmart 48mm w/gate and v-port BOV. 335.8rwkw 1bar
ebs_4l is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-07-2006, 02:13 PM   #42
Simmo
White Lightning

pretty pictures. you raise valid points but JMM are not gods and there are enough people in the automotive industry for there to be at least 1 other person/mob to know what they're talking about when it comes to falcons.
Simmo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-07-2006, 02:19 PM   #43
OED666
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

JMM's red eb has a suspension setup which greatly improves the qtr time. Its far from a streetable setup

They are doing 13.3 @ 101 MPH.

I did a 14.56 @ 98.28, and my pb of 14.26 at 98.19. I have an AU XR6 HP motor with an aftermarket cam. Apart from that the motor is as it was when it left the factory.

(i also have extractors, exhaust mods and intake mods...)