Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > OzECruisers (E/N/D Series) > OzECruisers General Discussions

OzECruisers General Discussions E/N/D vehicles General Discussion ONLY. NO TECH THREADS

Old 03-04-2006, 09:23 PM   #31
XA-Coupe
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaRtZ
is the xa a neat lookin piece of machinery. ull get pulled eventually, stupid activity or not, and they will try and take ur baby from u. then ull be where i am, ИИИИed the fuk off!
Umm.. no they won't get it from me. The absolutle worst thing they can do is give me a canary of an EPA notice ( had one already ). Thats the difference. I take my bad behaviour off the roads.
XA-Coupe is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-04-2006, 09:24 PM   #32
Laminge
Cuban... nothing like it

Isnt this already in place in QLD, Gold Coast or Sunshine Coast?
Laminge is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-04-2006, 09:24 PM   #33
CaRtZ
Aspiring mr efxr

Quote:
Originally Posted by 347_XR8
If your not stupid, they WILL leave you alone. It's as simple as that
no. if u got grey hair and glasses. my mate has a '85 carolla and got pulled on a sat night on his way home from work. it is as stock as the day it came off the factory floor. and he is on his l's. cops said it's a random roadworthy and this thing is straight as. purrs like a cat. no smoke from the pipeing. they looked at his tyres, looked up in the guards with a torch. measured clearence and sent him on his way... its crap
CaRtZ is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-04-2006, 09:24 PM   #34
EFFalcon
Last warning

weather u get looked at or cars taken off you depends on many things.

cops attitude
drivers attitude
time of night
cars appearance
cars sound
cars 'stereotype'

the best you can do is behave. if you're terribly stressed, don't cruise in the hot spots.
if not, risk it but don't ИИИИИ when an angry cop gets u for random stuff.
DAILY - BA Fairlane Ghia, Boss 260 Turbo
OFFROADER - Ford Explorer
EFFalcon is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-04-2006, 09:26 PM   #35
Laminge
Cuban... nothing like it

That Avatar John is freaking me out, maybe a latex mask can be made and handed to the people in Shep to avoid all this?

There is profit to be made!!
Laminge is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-04-2006, 09:27 PM   #36
niko
likes falcon's

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper
what difference does it make?

alot, a car with stokies all around or a commo badge gets lots of attention from cops. i can honestly say ive never seen an au get pulled over.

im not saying ive never been pulled over, had few ea's on there guts and it was never commented on how low my car was.
Old 03-04-2006, 09:28 PM   #37
Casper
FF.Com.Au Hardcore
Contributing Member

Quote:
no. if u got grey hair and glasses. my mate has a '85 carolla and got pulled on a sat night on his way home from work. it is as stock as the day it came off the factory floor. and he is on his l's. cops said it's a random roadworthy and this thing is straight as. purrs like a cat. no smoke from the pipeing. they looked at his tyres, looked up in the guards with a torch. measured clearence and sent him on his way... its crap
so the cops did a random roadworthy on a car.. that was stock... and passed.. and they just let him go on his way without any issue?
Oh my god, what has the world come to when logic like "random roadworthy's" passing roadworthy cars happens? :

Now in Euro-Trash. VW Coupe V6 4motion.
Casper is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-04-2006, 09:28 PM   #38
CaRtZ
Aspiring mr efxr

dont have to misbehave. just be young and have a nice car. and the point of cruising is to show off ur car. not many places to do that in shepp
Old 03-04-2006, 09:28 PM   #39
niko
likes falcon's

who is that fat bastard anyway?? lol
Old 03-04-2006, 09:28 PM   #40
LUXO_8
windsor user

Quote:
so, what do you want them to do, leave every car alone, and allow piece of crap death traps to get around???

you said they checked it out and let him go....whats the issue with that
sounds like the cop was doing his job to me.....
LUXO_8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-04-2006, 09:31 PM   #41
Casper
FF.Com.Au Hardcore
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by niko
alot, a car with stokies all around or a commo badge gets lots of attention from cops. i can honestly say ive never seen an au get pulled over.

im not saying ive never been pulled over, had few ea's on there guts and it was never commented on how low my car was.
trust me.. do somethig stupid in Vic like go 11kmph over the limit and AU's do get pulled over... this I know for a fact. Do the crime, pay the fine.. :

Old 03-04-2006, 09:32 PM   #42
LUXO_8
windsor user

Quote:
trust me.. do somethig stupid in Vic like go 11kmph over the limit and AU's do get pulled over... this I know for a fact. Do the crime, pay the fine.. :
ahahaha
Old 03-04-2006, 09:32 PM   #43
Beetus
Now drifting a falcon

hey im a p plater with a v8 and the hoon laws have bin goin on for ages, ive bin pulled over 17 times and not done at all, i may be a magnet, and get pulled over, but they are just doing there jobs, u have to watch the hot spots because the cops are on the prowl im 17 ans i know that. if you take off at the lights within a reasonable speed you wont get done, ill say it, dont be a dildo and you wont get done.
Beetus is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-04-2006, 09:32 PM   #44
347_XR8
Slide Baby Slide

Quote:
Did he get anything? doesn't sounds like it, sounds to me they were doing there job. thats what they do in roady's, check things!

Mr Super Skid-Man
347_XR8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-04-2006, 09:33 PM   #45
CaRtZ
Aspiring mr efxr

Quote:
Originally Posted by MADNC_8
so, what do you want them to do, leave every car alone, and allow piece of crap death traps to get around???

you said they checked it out and let him go....whats the issue with that
sounds like the cop was doing his job to me.....
he was looking 4 evidence of burnouts. if there is they put ur rego on a list. find out ur address, owner of car etc... and try to bust u. take ur car to the track one night and bag em up to put warmth in ur tyres it leaves a trail of rubber in the guard. u did it legally but they dont care. u did a burnout!
Old 03-04-2006, 09:38 PM   #46
CaRtZ
Aspiring mr efxr

and a roadworthy is more than tyres and ground clearance!
Old 03-04-2006, 09:39 PM   #47
niko
likes falcon's

Quote:
track one night and bag em up to put warmth in ur tyres it leaves a trail of rubber in the guard. u did it legally but they dont care. u did a burnout!

ey he has a valid point here............
Old 03-04-2006, 09:41 PM   #48
HLC
Audi S3

oh dear how hard is this to comprehend. seriously.

dont wanna be pulled over? dont drive.

what is hooning? i think its pretty straight forward to me. driving like a complete tossle. that is, full throttle acceleration from lights, dragging, burnouts, just general idiotic stuff. NOT accelerating slightly quicker than the car next to you that is being driven by a geriatric.

if your car looks/sounds like a hoons car, ie big body kits, big rims, subs that can be heard from 2 suburbs away, expect to be pulled over.

and if your car gets impounded, deal with it. you gotta learn somehow.

*end of thread*
Old 03-04-2006, 09:41 PM   #49
CaRtZ
Aspiring mr efxr

thank you. but like i said earlier. all you gotta do is be a young motorist and ur a prime candidate for hooning!
Old 03-04-2006, 09:41 PM   #50
mcflux
Banned
Donating Member1

Quote:
...just be young and have a nice car. and the point of cruising is to show off ur car...
LOL go the factory spec '85 corolla. Reminds me of a certain Hachi-Go in a certain cartoon...
mcflux is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-04-2006, 09:42 PM   #51
Casper
FF.Com.Au Hardcore
Contributing Member

Lets look at this from a simple statistical point of view. In this forum we have 12ooo members of which probably a little over 2500 are heavily active. Of that 2500 (from all around the country) I'd guess 90%+ of cars are modified.. most have mags, exhaust and lowering (the easy to spot mods). There is also a massively disproportionate amount of under 25 drivers.. and a massive P Plate group. Of that 90% I have not heard of a single car being confiscated.. or even attempted to be confiscated.

I think you are fussing over nothing.

Old 03-04-2006, 09:43 PM   #52
HLC
Audi S3

Quote:
thank you. but like i said earlier. all you gotta do is be a young motorist and ur a prime candidate for hooning!
and why wouldnt you be?

it's been like that for YEARS. when my old man was my age, he was a hoon. the sterotype still stands.
Old 03-04-2006, 09:44 PM   #53
HLC
Audi S3

Quote:

I think you are fussing over nothing.
thank you.
Old 03-04-2006, 09:44 PM   #54
CaRtZ
Aspiring mr efxr

Quote:
Originally Posted by HLC

what is hooning? i think its pretty straight forward to me. driving like a complete tossle. that is, full throttle acceleration from lights, dragging, burnouts, just general idiotic stuff. NOT accelerating slightly quicker than the car next to you that is being driven by a geriatric.

if your car looks/sounds like a hoons car, ie big body kits, big rims, subs that can be heard from 2 suburbs away, expect to be pulled over.

*end of thread*
ok, ill ring u when i get pulled up for that one. i aint got no kit and my rims r 17's soon to be stockies. and my subs arent connected...
Old 03-04-2006, 09:44 PM   #55
b2tf
not here much anymore

Quote:
he was looking 4 evidence of burnouts. if there is they put ur rego on a list. find out ur address, owner of car etc... and try to bust u. take ur car to the track one night and bag em up to put warmth in ur tyres it leaves a trail of rubber in the guard. u did it legally but they dont care. u did a burnout!
Mate do you want to know why you're getting so much trouble from this?

I'm going to take a punt and say that you act and speak exactly like this to the cops. You whinge and moan, and frankly if i was a cop i would go out of my way to find something to screw you over for just because you're a whinging sod who would rather complain about things than just get on with it and conform like everybody else.

If you car is safe and legal (which it should be anyway), youve got nothing to worry about.

If you drive like an idiot then I want you off the road just as much as any cop does - if not more.

If you want to do burnouts - go and find the right place to do it.

If you want to whinge and complain about people doing their jobs and keeping the rest of us safe on the roads - find another forum.
Old 03-04-2006, 09:45 PM   #56
niko
likes falcon's

Quote:
Originally Posted by HLC

*end of thread*
yet another au driver :P
Old 03-04-2006, 09:46 PM   #57
LUXO_8
windsor user

Quote:
what the hell do you mean by this... i agree with everything he said...
Old 03-04-2006, 09:46 PM   #58
HLC
Audi S3

Quote:
ok, ill ring u when i get pulled up for that one. i aint got no kit and my rims r 17's soon to be stockies. and my subs arent connected...
my car is stock as. ive been pulled over. licence check. big deal. i wasnt doing anything wrong. and as long as you arnt/werent, you have nothing to worry about. so get over it.
Old 03-04-2006, 09:47 PM   #59
HLC
Audi S3

Quote:
i use to drive an e-series : i did myself a mischeif in it though
Old 03-04-2006, 09:48 PM   #60
mcflux
Banned
Donating Member1

Quote:
you've got subs, but they're disconnected? e

They're not nitrous! unless you're in Laminge's AU
mcflux is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post