Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > OzECruisers (E/N/D Series) > OzECruisers General Discussions

OzECruisers General Discussions E/N/D vehicles General Discussion ONLY. NO TECH THREADS

View Poll Results: If this Cruise was advertised in the General Section would you have attended?
Yes 15 53.57%
No 7 25.00%
Maybe 4 14.29%
Dont Care 2 7.14%
Voters: 28. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 07-07-2008, 05:21 PM   #31
Rob
Living the dream

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sorted

ALSO did any think they saw FAIRLANE_GHIA - Allen on the road that went past the Craigieburn turnoff - as I saw a car that looked like his..................???
I thought the same thing.. maybe it was?
Old 07-07-2008, 05:24 PM   #32
Dezza
Parts bin special

Quote:
Originally Posted by BradensEBxr6
Couple of strips of Velcro will hold it down on the bottom of the toolbox, you'll only need the plastic side, not the soft side. It'll stick to the carpet. Thats how my amp and sub box are in place and they never move!
I'll get my photos up in a min.
Awesome. Where do you get it from?

Also aiming at puddles while driving down the dirt road ftw!

Daily 2014 SZII Territory diesel - basic runabout

Previous Cars 1990 EAII Fairmont Ghia - Tickford engine, 5 speed, SVO wheels, bodykit, much more
2000 AUII Fairmont - XR wheels, Ghia interior
2010 FG XR50T ute - XR8 bonnet, Streetfighter intake
Old 07-07-2008, 05:25 PM   #33
DEVL-XR
EBII XR6

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech article(s) 

Got mine from Spotlight or any other shop that sells materials and girly stuff!
Old 07-07-2008, 07:08 PM   #34
Nostalgia
LOW AND SLOW

Spewing i couldn't make it guy's, looks like a great time was had by all. Well done. Don't worry about the small turnout, it's still early day's for the club. The main thing is that the ball is rolling.

You gotta lay foundations before building a skyscraper.

Once again, Congrat's on a successful Cruise and i will do my best to be at the next one.

Cheers, Adam.
Old 07-07-2008, 07:21 PM   #35
DEVL-XR
EBII XR6

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech article(s) 

Thanks Adam, theres light at the end of the tunnel after all!
Old 07-07-2008, 07:22 PM   #36
gthofan
Gunna girlie-man

Was a great cruise, well done Braden. I just wish more members would have turned up, ah well better luck next time Next time ill bring my car, Unleash the beast!

cheers
scott

<INSERT WITTY SIGNATURE HERE>

Daily- 05' BA futura... work done.
Cruiser- 85' VK berlina... more work done
Old 07-07-2008, 07:29 PM   #37
Dezza
Parts bin special

Quote:
Originally Posted by BradensEBxr6
Got mine from Spotlight or any other shop that sells materials and girly stuff!
Cool. Thanks

And Scott. It will be good when your car returns to cruises.

Previous Cars 1990 EAII Fairmont Ghia - Tickford engine, 5 speed, SVO wheels, bodykit, much more
Old 07-07-2008, 07:33 PM   #38
gthofan
Gunna girlie-man

Hell yeah dezz, i can't wait to hear that exhaust crackling, and roaring up to 5500rpm, fuel smoke bellowing...mmmm

Old 07-07-2008, 07:35 PM   #39
Dezza
Parts bin special

Quote:
Originally Posted by gthofan
Hell yeah dezz, i can't wait to hear that exhaust crackling, and roaring up to 5500rpm, fuel smoke bellowing...mmmm
lol. You could do that in Mark's after the traffic light driver swap!

Old 07-07-2008, 07:37 PM   #40
gthofan
Gunna girlie-man

Yeah that was a ****er, The guys in the car next too us were laughing I almost stalled it when we took off aswell haha

Old 07-07-2008, 07:38 PM   #41
Sorted
OzEcruisers PRESIDENT

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: For all the contributions you make to the AFF community. 

I didnt even notice the driver change - are you going to update your build thread scotty with any new pics?
Old 07-07-2008, 07:41 PM   #42
gthofan
Gunna girlie-man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sorted
I didnt even notice the driver change - are you going to update your build thread scotty with any new pics?
Yeah ill do it this weekend, when its daylight so i can take pics. I leave home in the dark and get home in the dark during the week, so getting good shots will be a trifle difficult.

Old 07-07-2008, 07:43 PM   #43
DEVL-XR
EBII XR6

Don't ya have weekend space Scotty?!!

When did ya's swap drivers? After which meet? Haha that would have been funny to see!
Old 07-07-2008, 07:49 PM   #44
gthofan
Gunna girlie-man

Me and Mark swapped a few k's before we got on the Hume hwy. Ill get the pics this weekend.

Old 07-07-2008, 10:14 PM   #45
XR_Lightning
Riding The Lightning

Quote:
Originally Posted by SgtBourne
as far as i was aware, you had to be a paid up member to have information on cruises, hence why it is in the members only section
well maybe some people dont want to dish out money to a club they know nothing about, I would rather see how a clubs cruises & events are like before I would even consider paying up
Old 08-07-2008, 07:03 AM   #46
MotherNatureVer2
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

XR_Lightning, that is a very valid point and the very reason we are putting our cruise wrap ups in the general section for people to see. We also have a plan to have an open cruise where the non members will be invited to cruise with us to get a better idea as well.
Old 08-07-2008, 07:26 AM   #47
Rob
Living the dream

Quote:
Originally Posted by gthofan
Yeah that was a ****er, The guys in the car next too us were laughing I almost stalled it when we took off aswell haha
Hehe I saw that, almost ran into each other going round the back of the car
Old 08-07-2008, 09:58 AM   #48
Sorted
OzEcruisers PRESIDENT

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: For all the contributions you make to the AFF community. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob
Hehe I saw that, almost ran into each other going round the back of the car

XR_Lightning - thats the kind of feedback we want Love to see your car at a cruise as well
Old 08-07-2008, 10:02 AM   #49
Rob
Living the dream

AND, there was an awesome evasive manuever by Sorted when he thought Braden was gonna try to stop on the amber lights.. that was hillarious
Old 08-07-2008, 10:20 AM   #50
Sorted
OzEcruisers PRESIDENT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob
AND, there was an awesome evasive manuever by Sorted when he thought Braden was gonna try to stop on the amber lights.. that was hillarious
lol did you see that............afterwards Braden said he wouldnt of been able to stop at the lights :evil3: Didnt really want to wear his rear bumper bar on the front of my car.............
Old 08-07-2008, 01:01 PM   #51
DBourne
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by XR_Lightning
well maybe some people dont want to dish out money to a club they know nothing about, I would rather see how a clubs cruises & events are like before I would even consider paying up
wasn't my idea! i'm with you buddy! lol dont shoot friendly fire!
Old 08-07-2008, 02:43 PM   #52
Aaron_EF8
Oops, I slipped....

Good to see the cruises are nice and relaxed, just like they're advertised :S

I'm sure you'll get organised a lot better as time progresses, when (if?) the club becomes CAMS affiliated, you'll get more traffic coming from the CAMS site, and things like dirt roads can be avoided pretty easily if you actually drive the cruise route beforehand.

Good luck with it all. I'm sure with a bit more organising you could soon have a cruise that has more OzEC members than E-Series members.

1984 XE S-Pack 250 Sno White - LPG - Single Rail - 2.5" Exhaust

"Just because you don't understand something, does not make it wrong"

Old 08-07-2008, 03:17 PM   #53
Rob
Living the dream

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron_EF8
things like dirt roads can be avoided pretty easily if you actually drive the cruise route beforehand.
Not sure if you read the posts prior to this, but the dirt road was good fun
Old 08-07-2008, 03:34 PM   #54
Aaron_EF8
Oops, I slipped....

I most certainly did read that, I used to get excited getting sideways on dirt when my car couldn't do it on bitumen too. Doing it on a cruise isn't too smart, apart from the obvious 'family atmosphere, we dont hoon etc' factor these cruises are meant to be known for, and if people come on these cruises in cars with resprays etc, you'll find they won't be too keen driving on dirt, expecially if there's a group of Colin McRae wannabe's on the same cruise.

1984 XE S-Pack 250 Sno White - LPG - Single Rail - 2.5" Exhaust

"Just because you don't understand something, does not make it wrong"

Old 08-07-2008, 03:45 PM   #55
DEVL-XR
EBII XR6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron_EF8
I most certainly did read that, I used to get excited getting sideways on dirt when my car couldn't do it on bitumen too. Doing it on a cruise isn't too smart, apart from the obvious 'family atmosphere, we dont hoon etc' factor these cruises are meant to be known for, and if people come on these cruises in cars with resprays etc, you'll find they won't be too keen driving on dirt, expecially if there's a group of Colin McRae wannabe's on the same cruise.
As said it wasn't planned or known. It's kind of hard for me to pre-run a cruise when I live 2 hours away.
And no one was being stupid getting sideways on the gravel so please dont jump to conclusions.
Old 08-07-2008, 06:15 PM   #56
wulos
Forum Director

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: All the behind-the-scenes effort. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: For his advice, tips/tricks in the Art and Photography section of the Forum. 

Really didn't take long before people started making assumptions, & conclusions on an event that they didn't attend.
For those that attended - it was a quite enjoyable cruise, that was quite well organised and ran.
It is intended that the OzEcruisers will continue running events of this nature on a regular basis for the forseeable future, whilst improving and adding to things.
Old 08-07-2008, 08:41 PM   #57
Jason[98.EL]
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

braden i saw the cruise notes and yes they were great

i am one that is not happy that they were there

i know i was supposed to be there but work commitments the day before didnt allow me to be there

sorted called me on sunday to find out where you were thinking i was with you guys unfortunatly i was not..... as much as i would have liked to be but munchkins birthday gathering was a tad more important .....

as for the crap that it happening i hope it ends soon for the better for the club

but until some people are put to rest it wont end up that way ( not pointing the finger here )

good stuff on the maps mate

jason

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old 08-07-2008, 08:45 PM   #58
Justin@
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimus
SNIP>>>>as for the crap that it happening i hope it ends soon for the better for the club

but until some people are put to rest it wont end up that way ( not pointing the finger here )SNIP>>>>>
jason
Gee funny that jase, thats just what a LOT of us think too.

Last edited by MotherNatureVer2; 08-07-2008 at 09:13 PM. Reason: removed unsuitable text
Old 08-07-2008, 11:27 PM   #59
Dezza
Parts bin special

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZC-383
Gee funny that jase, thats just what a LOT of us think too.
Ditto.

The only issues Mark and Scott have ever had with the club were with individual members, not the club itself, therefore these are personal issues, not club issues. Just because you, Amanda, and Gavin don't get along with them, doesn't mean they're not allowed to cruise.

Old 09-07-2008, 06:59 PM   #60
gthofan
Gunna girlie-man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimus
braden i saw the cruise notes and yes they were great

i am one that is not happy that they were there

i know i was supposed to be there but work commitments the day before didnt allow me to be there

sorted called me on sunday to find out where you were thinking i was with you guys unfortunatly i was not..... as much as i would have liked to be but munchkins birthday gathering was a tad more important .....

as for the crap that it happening i hope it ends soon for the better for the club

but until some people are put to rest it wont end up that way ( not pointing the finger here )

good stuff on the maps mate

jason

Im glad me and mark did turn up, and give the cruise some more numbers there. Ive seen on first hand now that Braden can organise a cruise, thats very well done, and gave out maps that were very professional looking. No Draft copies in black and white here.

Also, im sure Mark, and definately myself are looking forward to the next cruise. Hope to see EVERYONE there...

Cheers
scott

Last edited by MotherNatureVer2; 09-07-2008 at 07:44 PM. Reason: post was not reported but the content removed was not to your benifit
Closed Thread