Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > OzECruisers (E/N/D Series) > OzECruisers General Discussions

OzECruisers General Discussions E/N/D vehicles General Discussion ONLY. NO TECH THREADS

Closed Thread

Old 21-01-2005, 09:51 AM   #31
dj_pom82
It's cold in London...

Sh*t that car looks awesome, nice work. I love that colour, if I could afford to respray my ef (and i badly want to) I would do it in envi
Old 21-01-2005, 09:54 AM   #32
Tiga_EL
Banned

Faaaarrrrrrrrk me..... That looks SCHWEEET... some 18"s would top it off nicely, i was thinking some "bling" buuuuuuutttt........
Old 21-01-2005, 10:25 AM   #33
Kenaz
Donating Member
Donating Member1

Holy Shit! That is awesome! This is going to be one of the best looking EAs in the country (along with doug's ) when you've got some 18's on it
Old 21-01-2005, 10:36 AM   #34
galapogos01
eec tweaker

****ing hell dude, thats ****ing unreal! I cant wait to see this thing. I wouldnt coming over to have a squiz, or even to lend a hand if you need help with anything. I still have a few EA spares around too, if you need anything..

You got my mobile number.. lemme know!

Jase
Old 21-01-2005, 11:11 AM   #35
spope
Banned

That looks really really good, that's a fantastic paint job.
I'm really curious to know how much the booth costs to hire, do they also do proper resprays there?
I have a rough idea how much the paint would have cost, we used to deal with Prinz through work, so I can imagine the sort of troubles you may have had. But trust me, the paint is that good, that it is worth all the stuffing around. It'll look great for ever.
I'm starting to think that respraying my car might be a good idea... I know of a good colour to do it in too.
Old 21-01-2005, 11:23 AM   #36
sphell
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polyal
that looks very hot indeed.

But one question hasn't been answered..how much was it for booth and paints? I really want to know because I plan to get my exterior re-done. My interior, engine bay and the rest is good but my roof is patchy and I have a few scrapes here and there.

PM me if you prefer.

Well the booth costs $70 an hour. Most booths will be about $60-70 per hr. 4lt of Envi cost Sunny $210 but that was trade price. RRP was about $270 I think. Then you have to buy thinners, clear coat, hardener, sand paper, tack cloths, masking tape etc etc. I'm not sure how much Sunny spent all up (he'll tell u that) but I know for mine the total price was $790. That was $490 for paint + $300 for the booth hire.

If your only gonna paint the outside you could do it even cheaper than that. If you get all the dents fixed up then all you'll have to do is sand down the original paint with 600 or 800 wet and dry then mask up everything you don't want sprayed and give it a lick of paint;) We watched a VN Calais get sprayed before Sunny's car and they did it like this and it turned out really well.
Old 21-01-2005, 11:29 AM   #37
EFFalcon
Last warning

ah i seen that Blue VN when i was there.
was JUST finished i think?
DAILY - BA Fairlane Ghia, Boss 260 Turbo
OFFROADER - Ford Explorer
Old 21-01-2005, 12:05 PM   #38
davocol
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Very very nice sunny, make sure you get slimline plates though it will look much better with them. Excellent effort.
Old 21-01-2005, 12:07 PM   #39
Pearly
Lowriding

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For the time spent at most functions taking photos free for us 

Looks great guys.

Brings back memories. I'm onto my 3rd car I'm about to paint, but want to do it in a booth this time to see if there's much of a difference. Both other prior cars where done at home and they turned out fine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sphell
Well the booth costs $70 an hour.
Can I ask what booth you hired? I've been looking around, but have had trouble finding one. What do they/don't they supply?

Thanks.
Old 21-01-2005, 12:20 PM   #40
Sundeep
Banned

Thanks for all the comments guys! 18's are definitely next on the list, should be on within a couple of weeks I have to get some cash together again! I might sell the turbo kit if anyone's interested in it. I'll get my car looking the part and then focus on the performance side after saving some more cash. I really need a proper job!

BIG THANKS TO DOUGLAS WHO GAVE UP LIKE A WEEK OF HIS HOLIDAYS TO HELP!!! THANKS KNACKERS : ALSO THANKS TO NEEDFORDSPEED WHO HELPED WITH RUBBING DOWN AND PULLING APART THE DOOR JAMBS.

Alright, the cost. I reckon it cost around $2000 in the end but as I said the prep is where all at! The quality when you put your own effort in to it is unrivalled, there's no paint anywhere it shouldn't be in any of the door jambs (like on looms and stuff) or anywhere else for that matter. Just needs a general clean up to look sweet, all the rubbing down water is everywhere.

Anyway, here's what it cost:

Prinz Paints, all the paint and primer plus hardeners and thinner $500 and a packet of Winnie Blues ;), $150 on general stuff like extra stuff like sandpaper, thinners, wax and grease remover, tack cloths etc., $550 for a EB bonnet, ED bootlid, brand new front bar and a couple of other things, $210 for extra 4L of Envi paint and 'The Body Shop' in Dandenong (highly recommended, the guy threw in a extra litre of paint), $350 for 5.5 hours of booth hire at OZGLOSS in Bennett St. Dandenong, I recommend the guy there but he wasn't as helpful this time round. I also got a box of goodies from a spray painter up my street and some valuable lessons on bogging up lol. Then there's the EBII interior I bought as well. I probably missed some stuff there.

We used a ED bootlid so I could fit the garnish with no hassles, but there still was hassles! Firstly you can't use the EA boot latch, you have to change it to ED, then there's other stuff like the actual striker which is mounted differently and then some minor wiring changes. Probably a hours work all up.

We also pre rolled the guards to avoid rubbing with the 18s, but I bet it'll happen anyway.

Sundeep

Last edited by Sundeep; 21-01-2005 at 12:25 PM.
Old 21-01-2005, 12:31 PM   #41
Sundeep
Banned

Pearly I think you'll find that it'll come at better at a booth because the car is baked after the clear coat is applied so you get a glossier finish. The main point of booth is to keep all the dust and crap out of the paint but you really can't avoid a couple of bits of dust.

They supplied the booth, a very expensive spray gun, masking paper stuff, rags and panel stands. He also gave us a bit of advice, but as I said he's a lot busier than he was a year ago so he doesn't help as much. He sprayed the final coat of clear on my car though, but there was really no point as Doug's job was very good!

Sundeep
Old 21-01-2005, 01:02 PM   #42
Yagz
Banned

I'm so envious ...
Old 21-01-2005, 01:09 PM   #43
TUFED6
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by sphell
nah, screw that! I'd hate to do that for a living lol....all that rubbing back....arrrrghhhh i'd go insane. Second car I've painted, that's enuf ;)

Oh and Gilly, yeah I'm knackered.....sleepin in tomorrow tho!!! ;)
Awesome job! I should paint my car, ****ed if i know what colour I'd go though. Would have to be something really unusual.

Have to organise a cruise when its all back together.

- John
Old 21-01-2005, 01:13 PM   #44
Smoked
Burnin Rubber

looks absolutly awesome mate, might have a look at it next time im up the mooroolbark way.
***Coming Soon: Clear Side Repeaters***
Quote:
Originally Posted by The-ShowStoPPa
...dont get me wrong this 3.8v6 is pretty special, it does come with the popular shake rattle and roll option and the auto compliments this with the ever popular snap crackle and pop feature
Old 21-01-2005, 01:31 PM   #45
sphell
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundeep
Pearly I think you'll find that it'll come at better at a booth because the car is baked after the clear coat is applied so you get a glossier finish.
Sundeep

True dat! It actally makes quite a bit of difference to the shine compared to if you let the paint air dry. Kinda like it melts the paint on and flattens it out a bit more so you get less orange peel.
Old 21-01-2005, 01:50 PM   #46
Pearly
Lowriding

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For the time spent at most functions taking photos free for us 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundeep
Pearly I think you'll find that it'll come at better at a booth because the car is baked after the clear coat is applied so you get a glossier finish. The main point of booth is to keep all the dust and crap out of the paint but you really can't avoid a couple of bits of dust.

They supplied the booth, a very expensive spray gun, masking paper stuff, rags and panel stands. He also gave us a bit of advice, but as I said he's a lot busier than he was a year ago so he doesn't help as much. He sprayed the final coat of clear on my car though, but there was really no point as Doug's job was very good!

Sundeep
Thanks buddy. I'll be sure to give them a call when the car is ready.
How long does the baking process take?
Old 21-01-2005, 01:53 PM   #47
Sundeep
Banned

An hour, and you should allow about 5 or so hours in the booth.

I reckon it's time to make use of the before photos now, I'll put some up later!

I'm gunna start putting the velour in now as well.....mmmm velour!!

Sundeep
Old 21-01-2005, 03:17 PM   #48
FPVWEPN
Team Urinal Cake Racing

farrrk sunny thats awsome and doug thats some good spray painting dude i think we should organise a beach cruise when that is finished!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 21-01-2005, 03:39 PM   #49
neb
hibernating

its looking sexy!
Old 21-01-2005, 03:47 PM   #50
Damo
Banned

faaaark that looks nice. Can't wait to see it in the metal.
Old 21-01-2005, 04:07 PM   #51
Danny
GT4.

Great job. Least i'll know who you are easily when im in ringwood moorolbark way.
Old 21-01-2005, 06:33 PM   #52
Psycho Chicken
Banned

That's great guy, I want to do mine now!
Old 21-01-2005, 06:36 PM   #53
Interceptor'85
Interceptin'

This baby has got to be coming to the All Ford Day!!!
'XA Muscle'

Old 21-01-2005, 08:27 PM   #54
needfordspeed
FF.Com.Au Hardcore
Donating Member1

I just saw it in real life : : : Looks heaps better in the flesh!!
1988 EA S-Pack|MPI|LSD|AIT turbo manifold|Garrett GT3540|3" Exhaust turbo back|Cooler|Sports ryder shocks|Pedders lows|Resprayed|Microtech LT8s|60lb Injectors|Bosch 044 with surge tank|3000 RPM stall|Ported AU head|Turbo grind cam|Crow double valve springs|1.3mm MLS headgasket|C4 Conversion|Built bottom end|Custom plenum|10.6@125MPH
Old 21-01-2005, 08:49 PM   #55
sphell
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

ok got some more pics for you guys of his new interior. We put it in today. The door trims were a little bit dirty so we scrubbed them with Surf and Domesdos then got the high pressure cleaner onto them!!! Came out spankin'! Sunny put extra sound deadening under the carpet, over the trans hump and behind the dash and also behind the doors. This car's gonna be rattle free ;)

And this is the coolest part I reckon. Now he'll never get confused between his key and the key to his mum's Ghia :

Old 21-01-2005, 09:14 PM   #56
Stevo
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

dam thats clean
Old 21-01-2005, 09:21 PM   #57
LUXO_8
windsor user

bloody awesome stuff.....

paint looks awesome from what we can see in the teaser pics......

love the envi key!
Old 21-01-2005, 09:22 PM   #58
klawsterfobik
Bad Music and Litre Bikes

That looks really good, the key i mean! The car looks pretty good too..
Anyway. Enough reality, back to the topic.
Old 21-01-2005, 09:40 PM   #59
Kenaz
Donating Member
Donating Member1

I love the ED Fairmont trim and the key is a nice touch Sunny can you drive around sometime soon to show me? You know where I live ;)
Old 21-01-2005, 09:59 PM   #60
Tiga_EL
Banned

Should be just as quiet a ride as ur mums ghia sunny...

Good ol Surf! lol

Really paid off eh. Top job mate
Closed Thread