Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > OzECruisers (E/N/D Series) > OzECruisers General Discussions

OzECruisers General Discussions E/N/D vehicles General Discussion ONLY. NO TECH THREADS

View Poll Results: 'Power' or 'Eco' for standing start drags?
Power 34 60.71%
Economy 5 8.93%
i use 1-2-3 (trany needs servicing soon!!!:P) 17 30.36%
Voters: 56. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 11-08-2005, 09:03 AM   #31
Vision Zetec
Hurry up Germany!!

thanks guys

sometimes when it is changing gears under about 40-60% throttle it will rev up higher to change gears and then clunk into the next gear.
iv been told it is a ford thing, is that right?

cheers
Old 11-08-2005, 09:53 AM   #32
lukey
www.lukehimself.net

i say use power but i always go in eco coz i forget to switch
Old 11-08-2005, 10:35 AM   #33
InitialD
Low and Loud

Quote:
Originally Posted by EBII Falcon
thanks guys

sometimes when it is changing gears under about 40-60% throttle it will rev up higher to change gears and then clunk into the next gear.
iv been told it is a ford thing, is that right?

cheers
Yep thats a 4 speed auto deal, it sucks damn electronic auto

(update your sig to include Fairmont ghia Doortrims)

1993 Ford Falcon XR6 Poly Green Stationwagon - 4.0 I6, Auto, 3:45LSD, All the usual XR6 Stuff but in a wagon :
Old 11-08-2005, 05:11 PM   #34
saudia_man
Banned

My auto in my leb spec EF futura holds gear at 5500rpm in Power and shifts at 5000rpm in eco.

edit- i am in saudi though i had my ef imported. does it make a diff if i'm in a nother country?
Old 17-08-2005, 09:36 PM   #35
Street Sleeper

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by saudia_man
i am in saudi though i had my ef imported. does it make a diff if i'm in a nother country?

No, country does not matter. Hemisphere does
Old 18-08-2005, 09:44 AM   #36
gmkila
GOT 20'Z?

power button will not make your car faster unless u hook it up to a bottle of nos, all it does is hold the car in gear for longer, and if u cant tell when to cahane gears if u do it manually (which is what u should b doin if u dragin) you shouldnt be drivin a car at all.
Old 18-08-2005, 09:58 AM   #37
gozza

mines alot more responsive on the highway when putting the foot down in power mode...but then proceeds to flare its *** off...hopefully a shift kit will get rid of that
Old 18-08-2005, 01:23 PM   #38
EFFalcon
Last warning

Quote:
Originally Posted by saudia_man
My auto in my leb spec EF futura holds gear at 5500rpm in Power and shifts at 5000rpm in eco.

edit- i am in saudi though i had my ef imported. does it make a diff if i'm in a nother country?
thats how its meant to be.
wish my car did though :S
DAILY - BA Fairlane Ghia, Boss 260 Turbo
OFFROADER - Ford Explorer
Old 18-08-2005, 01:30 PM   #39
4.9 EF Futura
Official AFF conservative

Quote:
Originally Posted by argonEL
Where'd you get those figures from?

I'd love to know where you can find information like that....
IIRC Ford Factory workshop manual figures right there. Heck i think there's even information to that effect in the glovebox manual.... or was it max ellery?? i dunno... but ive seen them before.

Let's also consider line pressure. Similarly to shift points, line pressure at WOT is not much different between power and econ (compared with difference in LP at lower throttle) - but it is different. So if you plan on experimenting with pwr/econ, at least fit an S5 mod so you minimise the shifting time in econ mode.
Old 18-08-2005, 02:35 PM   #40
sven

my ED is a manual which i suggest to all who want to drag but in my bro's auto EA there is no real noticable difference bw power and eco at WOT
Old 18-08-2005, 03:09 PM   #41
CruizinEB
Banned

What differance dose it make??
Old 18-08-2005, 03:26 PM   #42
EA2BA
PM me if you want

I have mine in power mode 24/7 and I use 1-2-3 as well, well with a BA shifter installed what else would I do

Send me a PM if you want to know anything

2010 Ford Ranger PK High Rider (Auto) - 2011 Ford Fiesta (Auto)
Old 18-08-2005, 07:21 PM   #43
mrngo
ED Fairmont

I work at a New Ford Car Dealership and looked into this with a few of the mechanics. Apparently the ECU is specifically set to a max rev cut out. All the PWR switch does is holds each gear longer, allowing more revs to be built up, with reduced pedal travel. At complete open throttle it will hold the gear to its max rev cut out regardless of whether your running in PWR or ECO. The variations in performance experienced by some of you may simply be due to a poor throttle cable/kickdown cable calibration, meaning when you think the accelarator is completely depressed, the butterfly may not be completely open, hence the additional performance when in PWR mode, because it holds the gear longer.
*Pacemaker Extractors*
*2.5" High Flow Cat*
*2.5" Straight through to the Tip*
Old 18-08-2005, 08:18 PM   #44
EDXR8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrngo
At complete open throttle it will hold the gear to its max rev cut out regardless of whether your running in PWR or ECO.
Not according to the BTR/Ford specifications, I am being a bit picky here becuase the difference is only small but there is still some difference. ANd yes the EEC is rev limited but with the auto it is difficult to get to that limit unless you manually hold the trans in gears, the auto is programmed to shift a fair bit before the rev limiter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malakai
Sooo... If there is no difference at WOT. But there is an obvious difference between power and economy. Then which one is WOT like? Power or economy?
Basically in PWR mode, the trans will hold in gear longer at any amount of throttle however the biggest difference is at around 50% throttle.
Closed Thread