Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 06-08-2015, 11:30 AM   #31
Fordster91
Starter Motor

Default Re: What would you have done?

Would have driven off straight away lol. Too scary
Fordster91 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 06-08-2015, 01:52 PM   #32
1TUFFUTE
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazy.mofo View Post
Not enough to warrant being run off the road and attacked in this fashion thats for sure. Hes not the type that would have tailgated to **** someone off this bad.

As for jumping in front of his car, i dont know what they were thinking. I dont think anyone would be thinking to clearly in a situation lik that.

Stefan, he is feeling very lucky like you have said to be able to breathe unassisted.
Dude that's unbelievable. I'd be walking straight into the nearest police station and demanding an explanation as to why no police arrived when there would have been dozens on duty in the area due to the race weekend.WOW

And I don't care what you do....nothing deserves any physical violence. Those guys should be locked up.
My advice.....buy a couple of ridgebacks. They'll even sleep in your bed and protect you if you want seriously tho. That's what I do.
1TUFFUTE is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-08-2015, 02:03 PM   #33
1TUFFUTE
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazy.mofo View Post
Yes I have considered now buying a dash cam for that very reason Mowdit, it's not going to stop anything but definitely a good way to back up your claims.

To all the questions, I had all the same thoughts about the situation as you guys. No doubt he will be a bit more cautious now anyway.

I will say though that I don't know how they went about it but the police were definitely called immediately, even contacted by the attending ambos to get an ETA but only turned up few hours later at the hospital. I understand what you guys are saying that they would have dropped everything but for some reason not known by me they just didn't turn up all sirens blazing.

I haven't spoken to them today to see what's happened with all their claims, but i do agree that I don't think anything will happen.

XB GS 351 Coupe, I guess I watch to much American tv and my terminology for "pressing charges" was misguided. Sorry about that
I've said this story before but years ago I drove past an old guy getting mugged by what at the time turned out to be a gang that had been burning,trashing and even killed/near killed(I forget) a guy in the park the day before. Anyway...me being young and stupid I dove out of my ute and started swinging at the lot of them. Knocked the poor old dude over but gave them all a quick beating. At the same time two brickies pulled up to help and to my lucky benefit....the offenders then picked themselves up and moved away. They had called the police and by the time I'd driven the old guy to the servo he knew, and back again.....they allready were on the scene. The short version was I then followed them around the corner to where they proceeded to drag a guy from the squad car and started kicking and belting him. I was shocked for about a millisecond before it sunk in what these scum had just been doing.
There's a police story for you. You decide whether it's a good or bad one!
1TUFFUTE is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-08-2015, 11:41 PM   #34
Pedro
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by XG_Falcon View Post
I call BS.
Call what you like . It's a true story.

Last edited by GasoLane; 27-08-2015 at 10:39 AM.
Pedro is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-08-2015, 12:02 AM   #35
XG_Falcon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pedro View Post
Call what you like . It's a true story.
Ok, I don't need to resort to insults, however I continue to call BS.

Last edited by GasoLane; 27-08-2015 at 10:39 AM.
XG_Falcon is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-08-2015, 08:50 PM   #36
NeillNZ
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Has contributed a number of great technical articles for people with X Series cars. 

It is interesting to consider how easy it is to forget what to do in a situation like this. During a rage incident overseas I was driving and there were two others with me. I focused on driving, running red lights etc to get away. Eventually we made it to a Police station.

We gave a description of the vehicle and driver to the police. But do you think even one of us thought to note down the rego? All 3 of us never thought to do that, we were just thinking survival.
Old 29-08-2015, 10:48 PM   #37
GREGL
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by marty351 View Post
With big boys, go one up. .45ACP/extended mags.
Sadly, law abiding citizens don't really stand a chance. I hope your mate gets proper justice and restitution.
That's a solution ? Your kidding aren't you, perhaps you should revisit some of the latest news going around in the good ole US of A and how successful that theory is .
What has me scratching my head is why 4 or 5 blokes feel that beating up one is in any way a character building exercise .
GREGL is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-08-2015, 10:33 PM   #38
XB GS 351 Coupe
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1TUFFUTE View Post
I've said this story before but years ago I drove past an old guy getting mugged by what at the time turned out to be a gang that had been burning,trashing and even killed/near killed(I forget) a guy in the park the day before. Anyway...me being young and stupid I dove out of my ute and started swinging at the lot of them. Knocked the poor old dude over but gave them all a quick beating. At the same time two brickies pulled up to help and to my lucky benefit....the offenders then picked themselves up and moved away. They had called the police and by the time I'd driven the old guy to the servo he knew, and back again.....they allready were on the scene. The short version was I then followed them around the corner to where they proceeded to drag a guy from the squad car and started kicking and belting him. I was shocked for about a millisecond before it sunk in what these scum had just been doing.
There's a police story for you. You decide whether it's a good or bad one!
I read this about 4 or 5 times, and I can not make heads or tails of it. I don't have a clue what this is trying to say

The Week End Bruiser : FPV BF GT 40th Anniversary, 6 Speed Manual, 6/4 Brembo and lots of Herrod goodies

Project 1 : '75 XB GS 351 Ute, Toploader, 9" with 3.5's

Project 2 : '74 XB GS Big Block Coupe, Toploader, 9" with 4.11's

In Storage : '74 XB GS 351 Fairmont Sedan

XB Falcon Owners Group

Mike's Man Cave

XB GS 351 Coupe is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 31-08-2015, 11:00 PM   #39
pottery beige
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fordster91 View Post
Would have driven off straight away lol. Too scary
bump for this
pottery beige is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-09-2015, 01:46 PM   #40
ryanstev

What I would have done:

1. Slow down, it's easier to avoid someone/something at lower speeds, rather than high speeds.

2. Called the cops.

3. Try to keep moving, while driving to a Police station/somewhere where a cop can meet me.

4. I have a Subaru Legacy, so could be tempted to go over some boggy grass, in the hopes the other guy gets stuck.