Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > OzECruisers (E/N/D Series) > OzECruisers General Discussions

OzECruisers General Discussions E/N/D vehicles General Discussion ONLY. NO TECH THREADS

Old 25-09-2005, 08:08 PM   #31
Rowy,xr6
Pods rule

if you put neons under the glove box dont drill screws into A/C evaperator like the idiot that had my car before me, i was lucky that i fix that stuff at work, coz if you cant do A/C yourself an job like that can cost up to a grand!

Current Rides- Xf ute, just installed ea wiring loom, dashboard, 3.9lt mpfi and a 5 speed with extractors and a 2/1-2 exhaust... its much better now!
Check out Build- http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?t=11288204
-BF XR6... And its BLACK!
Rowy,xr6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-09-2005, 08:12 PM   #32
Valknutr

neons/LEDs are going into this car soon, gonna be a pinky purple satin effect hopefully, so when you open the doors thats what you step out onto, and also go LED rather that NEON cause they are better
Old 25-09-2005, 08:44 PM   #33
BlackLS

Hey guys, another rice idea, did this to a mates VT Commodore, we cleaned out all the dust from the dash air vents, then through the plastic, seated some LED lights just after the visable bend, so the light source isn't shown, but gives off a nice glow. His car was green and we had green LEDs in the vents, got some good attention. Hard thing about this job and LEDs in general is they aren't as "set to go" as a neon, you need to solder resistors, insulate etc etc etc. LEDs are also dimmer-friendly, whereas with a neon it would change colour im guessing? My blue one went to pink if I fed it 8volts.
  Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-09-2005, 08:48 PM   #34
BlackLS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valknutr
neons/LEDs are going into this car soon, gonna be a pinky purple satin effect hopefully, so when you open the doors thats what you step out onto, and also go LED rather that NEON cause they are better

Thing about LEDs, they are very directional, like a spotlight, makes things hard when you are trying to make a "glow" over the floor not "highlight" a 10cm circle of carpet. A way you could do to help dispurse the light it is to use a dremel or sandpaper to roughen up the tip.
Old 25-09-2005, 08:50 PM   #35
mcflux
Banned
Donating Member1

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRUIZIN EB
i have decided not to put neons in yet,i am doing to focus my attention to the polishing of the car after the respray,it's looking good so far
got any progress pix???
mcflux is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-09-2005, 08:50 PM   #36
BlackLS

Any you guys wanna try this? http://www.johns306.com/guides/diy_angel_eyes.php
Old 25-09-2005, 08:54 PM   #37
CruizinEB
Banned

wen i have finished i Will,Post pics for a fur things
CruizinEB is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-09-2005, 08:59 PM   #38
mcflux
Banned
Donating Member1

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArgonEF
That's mad as!!! Pity full circles couldn't be done :( But for a semi-circle effect, it looks incredible.
mcflux is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-09-2005, 09:06 PM   #39
donno
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

LED tubes => http://www1.jaycar.com.au/productVie...=&SUBCATID=375

Comming soon: T04Z, plenum, TrueTrac.
donno is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-09-2005, 09:15 PM   #40
-jjM-
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArgonEF
HA that looks frigen awsome, that kicks azz
-jjM- is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-09-2005, 09:22 PM   #41
BlackLS

You could get it about 97% around especially with the large lights of an EA-D. Just a matter of cutting the slots on the back.

How good would red leds be on a black car... Devil eyes maybe?
Old 25-09-2005, 09:31 PM   #42
Laminge
Cuban... nothing like it

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRUIZIN EB
wen i have finished i Will,Post pics for a fur things
Try that again, in English!
Laminge is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-09-2005, 10:50 PM   #43
CruizinEB
Banned

sorry i was in a rush this is what i tyred to say

When I have finished polishing the car after the respray,i will post up some pics of the paint job and other mods that i have done
CruizinEB is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post