Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > OzECruisers (E/N/D Series) > OzECruisers General Discussions

OzECruisers General Discussions E/N/D vehicles General Discussion ONLY. NO TECH THREADS

Old 07-04-2005, 04:08 PM   #31
AUII_Forte
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I've got a pov pack EF with AU monty seats.....I think I see a trend here.

Pacemaker 4490 Extractors
2.5" Exhaust
High Flow Cat
SS Inductions "Growler" CAI
Underdrive Pulley
Mal Wood H/D Clutch
Custom Tune
18" XHP Sabre's
12" Kicker Sub
169.2 rwkw
AUII_Forte is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-04-2005, 05:21 PM   #32
InitialD
Low and Loud

Could someone tell me if the GREEN BEM that came in EB2 non Smartlock cars will work on in a EA GHIA? AS i forgot to get the white BEM off Dellboy

1993 Ford Falcon XR6 Poly Green Stationwagon - 4.0 I6, Auto, 3:45LSD, All the usual XR6 Stuff but in a wagon :
InitialD is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-04-2005, 12:28 AM   #33
NZ
~~~

No eye deer
NZ is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-04-2005, 08:28 AM   #34
dansedgli
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by santoitaliano
is power window mod a pain in the ***?

cheers,
nah its easy, takes about 20 minutes a door to swap the window mechanisms(undo 6 bolts, drill out 3 rivets, then reverse for installation), the rest is just laying a wiring loom.
Old 08-04-2005, 09:02 AM   #35
EFFalcon
Last warning

the loom is the worst part!
DAILY - BA Fairlane Ghia, Boss 260 Turbo
OFFROADER - Ford Explorer
EFFalcon is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-04-2005, 09:07 AM   #36
dansedgli
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Yeah for sure Lucky for me the whole interior had to come out anyway!
Old 08-04-2005, 11:06 AM   #37
ilsautomotive
Former E-Series Member

I have a quick question for Mick, what is the deal with the compatibility/interchangability of the EA-ED climate control units? I am of the understanding that EA-EB II are interchangable but an ED unit in a non-ED would behave eratically? I've got an enquiry on the topic...
ilsautomotive is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-04-2005, 11:08 AM   #38
EA2BA
PM me if you want

Correct Jack, I put an ED climate (got cfc free on the little flap at front) in my EA and it would not work, had a mind of its own.

Send me a PM if you want to know anything

2010 Ford Ranger PK High Rider (Auto) - 2011 Ford Fiesta (Auto)
EA2BA is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-04-2005, 11:10 AM   #39
ilsautomotive
Former E-Series Member

Interesting, I can't think why they would change it for a final facelift. That means ED units are basically worthless. Yay
Old 08-04-2005, 11:13 AM   #40
EA2BA
PM me if you want

Unless someone want to add climate, the main difference was they introduced a WAC (wide open throttle a/c circuit/relay) and changed all the wiring around.

Ign off it would run that fan at single speed
Ign on fan at full speed, but could turn it down
you could select different vents etc but you didnt get what you expected
temp could not be changed
the ambient temp button worked though ......... lol

Send me a PM if you want to know anything

2010 Ford Ranger PK High Rider (Auto) - 2011 Ford Fiesta (Auto)
EA2BA is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-04-2005, 12:35 AM   #41
InitialD
Low and Loud

:

After Changing the engine bay loom over to a Ghia one, along with Ghia Heaterbox and Dash loom, IT WORKS :king:

Its not Too hard to fit this to a GL, but you have to definitly have a low CBF Factor lol :

Just to let anyone interested in doing this what you have to do
Swap GL enginebay loom over to GHIA
This just plugs straight in
Swap Dash loom over to the GHIA one
Means dash removal, and pulling apart out:
Fit new Climate Control Style Heater box
This is a fun one, especially when your old one decides to leak about 2ltrs of COOLANT INTO YOUR INTERIOR!!! This is the worst part of the conversion as its a pain in the *** to bolt it back in.

I will post up some pictures tomorrow of what its like.
Big thanks for Gunns with helping me get my *** into gear and doing this mod (Im sure you just wanted the SVO cluster : j/k)

1993 Ford Falcon XR6 Poly Green Stationwagon - 4.0 I6, Auto, 3:45LSD, All the usual XR6 Stuff but in a wagon :
Old 14-04-2005, 10:55 AM   #42
MintEAFalcon
1990 EA Falcon S Driver

Hi guys,

Good to see there are some other guinea pigs out there doing this mod before me.

I have an EA II S Pack and am curious as to the reason behind the engine bay loom change. Is this the loom that runs through the firewall on the passenger side and if so, what deos the Ghia engine bay loom have that the GL or S pack looms dont? I have a connector for the ambient temperature sensor at the front of the car (under the lip of metal in front of the radiator).

Cant wait to see pictures!

Thanks for the heads-up on the ED controllers not working on Pre-ED cars too. There is one on Ebay I had my eye on!

Cheers,

Mark.
MintEAFalcon is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-04-2005, 02:57 PM   #43
InitialD
Low and Loud

Quote:
Good to see there are some other guinea pigs out there doing this mod before me.
Thats what Im here for :P

Quote:
I have an EA II S Pack and am curious as to the reason behind the engine bay loom change. Is this the loom that runs through the firewall on the passenger side and if so, what deos the Ghia engine bay loom have that the GL or S pack looms dont?
The Ghia loom has provision for Cruise Control, Air Temp Sensor and SLS if you want that (I didnt :P)

Quote:
I have a connector for the ambient temperature sensor at the front of the car (under the lip of metal in front of the radiator)
You have WHAT NOW? You sure its the ATS connector???

Old 14-04-2005, 03:00 PM   #44
Sundeep
Banned

You don't have to change the heater box apparently, you can just bolt stuff on to it from the ACC one. Brent79 did it back in the day with out changing the heater box. Only problem he had was that a the dash module wouldn't fit for some reason.

Good shit anyway.

Sundeep
Sundeep is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-04-2005, 03:03 PM   #45
InitialD
Low and Loud

Yes sunny your right!
you can fit the climate stuff to the old heaterbox but have to do some mods to get the Blendor Motor on the top of the heaterbox.
My heaterbox was fooked anyway so thus why i changed it

Old 14-04-2005, 09:57 PM   #46
InitialD
Low and Loud

After finishing everything off and attempting to go for the initial drive, Ive noticed some problems

1. The speedo Doesnt work?? just shows 0kph. All the wiring is connected. Do Digital dash's screw up often causing this?

2. The heater isnt working? I ran the dianotics on it and it shows E2 which is Blend door motor, I know climate systems have this problem alot, how do they stuff up exactly?

3. The whole dash isnt illuminating when i switch the headlights on, LCD parts do but the globes are not except for the Ciggie Light. Im thinking this is because I am using a GREEN EB2 GHIA BEM and not the WHITE EA GHIA BEM

4. The wierdest part, The transmission appears to be throwing itself into "Limp home mode" ?? It makes a clunk and then looses 90% of its take off power and locks into one gear. All the Transmission wiring is connected but im thinking my TPS might be screwed. Would this cause this?

Ohh also, Has anyone pulled a Digital dash apart before? Can you swap the Speedo Part of it with another digital dash?

Last edited by InitialD; 14-04-2005 at 10:29 PM.
Old 14-04-2005, 11:20 PM   #47
needfordspeed
FF.Com.Au Hardcore
Donating Member1

---This is Sundeep. My account is ****ed up---

I think half your problems are caused by your BEM.

Did you change your light dimmer switch when you changed everything over? If the BEM isn't causing the dash lighting issues then that switch will. The Ghia uses a variable dimming thingo and the lower series use 2 stage high or low brightness or some shit.

I don't know wtf is wrong with your transmission. Did you plug in the connectors at all ends? Limp Home mode is the worst!!!

Sundeep
1988 EA S-Pack|MPI|LSD|AIT turbo manifold|Garrett GT3540|3" Exhaust turbo back|Cooler|Sports ryder shocks|Pedders lows|Resprayed|Microtech LT8s|60lb Injectors|Bosch 044 with surge tank|3000 RPM stall|Ported AU head|Turbo grind cam|Crow double valve springs|1.3mm MLS headgasket|C4 Conversion|Built bottom end|Custom plenum|10.6@125MPH
needfordspeed is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-04-2005, 11:28 PM   #48
InitialD
Low and Loud

Yep Sunny I fitted the dimmer switch. Im thinking its the BEM and thus why tomorrow im going to get a White GHIA one.

Still unsure WHY THE SPEEDO WONT WORK!
thinkin the limp home mode might be a dodgy TPS

Old 15-04-2005, 01:01 PM   #49
ilsautomotive
Former E-Series Member

Mick, my heater never worked well either, this must be the reason. Hmmm I hope heater boxes aren't too pricey, I should have kept the EL one. :(
Old 15-04-2005, 07:57 PM   #50
SileNceR
02/90 EA II Fairmont

BEM will probably be it; EB2 ghia didnt have digi dash, right?

EB1 or EA ghia BEM should work properly with that...

how sure are you that ur wiring is correct to the dash too, the speedo and LOS could be caused by this....?
Old 15-04-2005, 11:23 PM   #51
InitialD
Low and Loud

* UPDATE *

Its all fixed and working
I fitted a EA White BEM and a new dash cluster and its all fixed and works fine.
Turns out my old Cluster was shorting the Auto Electrics somehow.

Im stunned how these blendoor motors stuff up so often? According to Ford its one of the most common Climate control problems

Old 16-04-2005, 09:12 AM   #52
spope
Banned

My guess is the main reason the blend doors stuff up is because the connecting rods are all plastic, not metal. We know what happens to plastic over time... especially in the extreme environment of a car interior.
I am assuming that you ran the diagnostics on the climate control? You need to to allow the blend door to be calibrated.
Good news that it's working though, I'm gonna have a crack at it next weekend.
spope is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post