Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Closed Thread

Old 24-03-2008, 12:48 PM   #31
fairmont1998
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob 351
agreed with what you are saying but it is breaking the law buy not doing the 100 k speed limit and holding up other drivers just because some one might be sight seeing it is known as dagerous driving and if a cop pulled up behind them he has every right to book them for doing so
Driving below the limit is not dangerous driving. Its a LIMIT, not a speed you must do. The only situation I can see a police officer pulling you over for doing 60 in a 100 zone is on a freeway or motorway.

2012 KK Jeep Cherokee Limited CRD - Still going strong
2019 MG ZS Essence
1988 RD Mitsubishi Colt GL - 59kW of Fury
2022 Kia Stinger GT
Old 24-03-2008, 12:56 PM   #32
redxm
64 Deluxe 4 door
Donating Member3

I get more annoyed at people who half pull over thinking they are doing me a favour. They throw up rocks at your car. Either get right off the road or stay in the lane and I will overtake when i am ready.
Caravaners seem to be the worst
Most trucks are happy to let you know when it is safe to pass.
Old 24-03-2008, 01:08 PM   #33
Falcon Coupe
Clevo Mafia Inc.

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: The exceptional contribution made to AFF over an extended period of time. Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Your tireless efforts behind the scenes in keeping AFF the place it is. 

I find much of the time these types are not going slow to be safe, they will do 75kph in a 100 zone, then coming into a town it drops to 70klm then 60 while they stay on there "happy" 75 the whole way.

It boils down to ignorance and lack of courtesy if a driver ignores a huge line behind them.

Last edited by Falcon Coupe; 24-03-2008 at 01:22 PM.
Old 24-03-2008, 01:10 PM   #34
fordOwner
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Do you have a way of making them let you pass safely?
Have you tried writing a message back to front on a small white board so they can read it in their rear vision mirror?

I have always wanted to keep a small white board in my car. Oh, the possibilities.

Click here to see my ute
Old 24-03-2008, 01:12 PM   #35
Ives
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

100-zone touge, now that I gotta see.
Old 24-03-2008, 01:14 PM   #36
MITCHAY
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ives
100-zone touge, now that I gotta see.
Too bad most people don't have the skill :
Old 24-03-2008, 01:20 PM   #37
fmc351
let it burn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falcon Coupe
I find much of the time these types are not going slow to be safe, they will do 75kph in a 100 zone, then coming into a town it drops to 70klm then 60 while they stay on there "happy" 75 the whole way.

It boils down to ignorance and lack of courtesy is if a driver ignores a huge line behind them.
Yep. And when you add in impatience, and aggressive reactions you get a nice recipe for accidents, and being passed a little later by the same slow car.
Old 24-03-2008, 01:36 PM   #38
04redxr8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by fmc351
Dont know the road?
Looking for a driveway/sidestreet?
Enjoying a leisurely Sunday drive? There is no law stating they need to do the speed limit.

Theres plenty of reasons that are perfectly reasonable.

Unless they are doing 20 in a 100 zone, how the hell do you hit someone driving below the speed limit? You mean you cant see them and wham? You mean driving faster than vision allows, like blind corners while you 'enjoy' the cornering? Yeah of course, its their fault, they should be aware of YOUR road rules.
From the sound of your posts, you must be one of these ignorant, self absorbed, road users who believe it is ok to hog the right lane, and drive below the speed limit. (There is laws against this i hope you know?) When I sat my drivers licence exam (91) if you couldn't KEEP with the flow of trafic, you failed.

If you don't know the road or are looking for an address, PULL OVER, AND BE CONSIDERATE OF OTHER ROAD USERS.) Yes, I hate slow drivers. I deliberatly tailgate and intimidate them, and believe they have no place on the road. (Maybe I have a bad attitude). But travel down the Gateway, and watch all the morons brake for no reason in particular and see what happens to traffic flow.

CAN'T DRIVE THE SPEED LIMIT, DON'T BELONG ON THE ROAD.

What do you think is the leading cause of road rage???? Slow drivers and slow drivers who pull out infront cars and then go slower than the flow of traffic.
Old 24-03-2008, 01:37 PM   #39
Lightning Strike GT
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by fairmont1998
Driving below the limit is not dangerous driving. Its a LIMIT, not a speed you must do. The only situation I can see a police officer pulling you over for doing 60 in a 100 zone is on a freeway or motorway.
You can be booked for impeeding the flow of traffic it is in the same boat as not sitting in the left lane on multi lane roads above 70kmh the law is there but it not policed as often as what it should be
Old 24-03-2008, 01:44 PM   #40
Walkinshaw
Two > One

60 in a 100 is a-ok. Not pulling over to the side when a bank of cars is queing behind is exceedinly ignorent, rude and bordering on dangerous. However it is not illigal.

The best advice was given above, if you're getting frustrated. Pull over for 10min and let them go.

Old 24-03-2008, 01:45 PM   #41
3vXT

Its frustrating being stuck behind a slower driver but its part of driving. If someone feels more comfortable doing less than the speed limit its not my job to push them into doing something they would not normally do. I'm thinking mainly of older drivers here and that might be a little stereotypical but thats what i see all the time. There is a time and place for them to push their limits and leave their comfort zone and its called the bedroom, not the road.
Don't get me wrong, i jump up and down in the seat, froth at the mouth and use lots of words i wouldn't use in front of my mum when i get stuck behind them but thats just cause i'm an ******** At the same time though, i back off a bit and wait for an overtaking lane etc.
Old 24-03-2008, 01:48 PM   #42
Falc'man
You dig, we stick!

If I came across someone like this on my favourite winding road, I'd turn around, drive back to the start, and do it all over again. : : :sm_headba :eclipsee_

Quote:
Originally Posted by 04redxr8
From the sound of your posts, you must be one of these ignorant, self absorbed, road users who believe it is ok to hog the right lane, and drive below the speed limit. (There is laws against this i hope you know?) When I sat my drivers licence exam (91) if you couldn't KEEP with the flow of trafic, you failed.

If you don't know the road or are looking for an address, PULL OVER, AND BE CONSIDERATE OF OTHER ROAD USERS.) Yes, I hate slow drivers. I deliberatly tailgate and intimidate them, and believe they have no place on the road. (Maybe I have a bad attitude). But travel down the Gateway, and watch all the morons brake for no reason in particular and see what happens to traffic flow.

What do you think is the leading cause of road rage???? Slow drivers and slow drivers who pull out infront cars and then go slower than the flow of traffic.
Its the "police state" traffic laws that we have which cause the fear of getting speeding fines that lead most to drive below the speed limit and cause this rage. "Speed Kills" remember?
Old 24-03-2008, 01:49 PM   #43
fmc351
let it burn

Quote:
Thats because youre one of these people who think the world revolves around you. I dont post according to my own way of driving, I post according to the law, and the acceptance I share the road. Im actually a very considerate driver, considerate of those going slow, or quicker. Try it some time.

Quote:
Oh youre real bright. Its you who has no place on the road, thanks for admitting that for all to see. Thats how silly you are, you think what you typed makes sense, you dont even realise how dumb that post is.

Quote:
Cant keep calm, dont belong on the road.
Quote:
Bad attitudes. Instead of asking me what I think, try thinking yourself. Youre now blaming other people for your inability to control yourself. Theres professionals whose job is to help with that theres even medication.

CONTROL YOURSELF. Jesus, do you ever take responsibility for yourself?
Old 24-03-2008, 01:50 PM   #44
04redxr8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falc'man
_

. "Speed Kills" remember?

No it doesn't. Its usually the sudden stop that does it.
Old 24-03-2008, 01:51 PM   #45
Walkinshaw
Two > One

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falcon Coupe

It boils down to ignorance and lack of courtesy if a driver ignores a huge line behind them.
Agreed. These people sheyet me, the ones who bank up traffic on a highway 100-110kmh (which is ok). but then they proceed to exceed the speed limit though towns by staying at their selected speed.

I've heard a couple of good comments from truckies regarding the above situations and others where drivers sit 10-20kmh under the limit but then speed up to the limit on overtaking lanes (in the left lane). He noted that it may be down to 99.9%city drivers who have little to no experence on narrow higher speed roads. They don't feel comfortable driving at 110 on a dual carage way only 8m wide, however when they are presented with 16m+ of carage way they feel comfortable to do 100kmh and speed up during these overtaking lanes. It's prob not initentional or malicious, but it is to the disgust of the competent highway driver.

Old 24-03-2008, 01:53 PM   #46
fairmont1998
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Alright, I'm closing this.

There are those that come across a slow driver and deal with it, wait and overtake when they can; and those that get held up by a slow driver and turn into a frothing, sweating cursing mess.
Obviously the two groups will never agree.

2012 KK Jeep Cherokee Limited CRD - Still going strong
2019 MG ZS Essence
1988 RD Mitsubishi Colt GL - 59kW of Fury
2022 Kia Stinger GT
Closed Thread