Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Closed Thread

Old 02-02-2007, 02:54 AM   #31
LTDHO
The one and only

Thanks for the stat's.

Now of those who died 30% that died.
How many were 'hooning'?

I'm guessing 2 or 3 max...
Other cars include Dynamic ED Sprint, Dynamic DL LTD, Sparkling Burgundy DL LTD, Yellow, Red & Blue XB sedan & Black XB Coupe
Old 02-02-2007, 03:36 AM   #32
AUIII XR8 MAN
DJR TM#54

Location: on my p.c now with internet! ok i'll still use works internet too.

The problem with hooning is, there really is only a very limited places & time you can legally do these thing. Theres a tonne of places to play footy, cricket, etc, etc, but only a very small hand full of places were you can go & have fun with your car.
Old 02-02-2007, 07:37 AM   #33
paulie0735
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech article(s) 

cheap high powered cars + easy finance + enthusiastic youth + night out with the boys + inexperience + a little pressure from the mates + "its only a fine or maybe a few points, so I'll risk it" = bang, bang you're dead!

been there done that, enthusiastic survivor ....... lucky!
Old 02-02-2007, 08:10 AM   #34
Polyal
The 'Stihl' Man
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by LTDHO
Thanks for the stat's.

Now of those who died 30% that died.
How many were 'hooning'?

I'm guessing 2 or 3 max...
Dont guess, thats what weakens someones arguement. I dont have the stats either, but you know its going to be a greater number, why people seem to defend the younger ones is beyond me. Everyone here knows that younger people more often "hooning", you did it, I did it; its just one of those things.

Difference is now its completely not tolerated, this is not only a law change, its going to have to be a cultural change. So whinge all you like P platers, there are issues greater than yourself.

And Rollin, how can you possibly compare driving stats to smoking?! People choose to smoke (and then get addicted according to some), driving deaths, more often than not, depending who you are, are accidents, not a prolonged denial.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AUIII XR8 MAN
The problem with hooning is, there really is only a very limited places & time you can legally do these thing. Theres a tonne of places to play footy, cricket, etc, etc, but only a very small hand full of places were you can go & have fun with your car.
I understand where you are coming from, but thats still no excuse to put yourself and others at risk. And until someone actually builds something to see if it makes a difference, then we will never know.

I am very doubtful if a complex would make much of a difference. Enthusiast liek us would go, the street bogans wouldn't.

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulie0735
cheap high powered cars + easy finance + enthusiastic youth + night out with the boys + inexperience + a little pressure from the mates + "its only a fine or maybe a few points, so I'll risk it" = bang, bang you're dead!

been there done that, enthusiastic survivor ....... lucky!
Very true, personally I think the finance one is the biggest killer.
  • 1999 Lexus IS200 - 1G-FE Turbo 6MT
  • 1973 ZF Ford Fairlane
Old 02-02-2007, 12:17 PM   #35
Tommo224
Resident Useless Guy!

so what do they do with all these impounded cars? lol
Old 02-02-2007, 12:18 PM   #36
Polyal
The 'Stihl' Man
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommo224
so what do they do with all these impounded cars? lol
Thats what the title of the picture says, some Golden quotes coming out of this thread. :
  • 1999 Lexus IS200 - 1G-FE Turbo 6MT
  • 1973 ZF Ford Fairlane
Old 02-02-2007, 12:23 PM   #37
Scott

Quote:
Thanks for the stat's. Now of those who died 30% that died.How many were 'hooning'? I'm guessing 2 or 3 max...
Of the 2006 stats, that 30% = 59 young drivers. I would expect that more than 2 or 3 were hooning.
Anyway, 2 or 3 un-neccesary deaths doesn't remove any of the weight behind the hooning crackdown, it adds weight to it. If it were 10 or 11, it would warrant more weight.

Last edited by GTP006; 02-02-2007 at 12:38 PM.
Old 02-02-2007, 12:26 PM   #38
Tommo224
Resident Useless Guy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polyal
Thats what the title of the picture says, some Golden quotes coming out of this thread. :
it says wha? lol it doesnt say anything about what they do with the cars that are impounded lol..
Old 02-02-2007, 12:38 PM   #39
AdzT3-146
own the road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommo224
it says wha? lol it doesnt say anything about what they do with the cars that are impounded lol..
They get towed to a police impound lot, i think it's near Essendon airport.
T3 TE50 #146

Quote:
Originally Posted by UNR8D
Id rather date a goat with syphilous then drive a maloo.
Old 02-02-2007, 12:38 PM   #40
chrispie123
Banned

in a sense i can completely agree with these impoundments i know myself only had the thought of its just a fine who cares my attitude soon changed when its the thought of how am i going to get to work to pay such fine if my car is impounded, hopefully a lot more people think thats the case, i have had a few mates with their car impounded where i used to live and for the 48 hour impundment cost them over 1000 dollars due to car having to be towed 40kms to another town etc as we dont have an impound lot, although now where i am living in ballarat i heard something like 17 cars have been impounded since it was bought in
Old 02-02-2007, 12:47 PM   #41
Scott

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter
By the way, I wonder how many of those young people killed were killed by 65+ year old people...

Reminds me of the old line 'Hasn't had an accident in 50 years of driving but caused hundreds'...
Very few relative to the whole number. Of the 59 young drivers killed, 41 or 71% drove off the road in single vehicle accidents. Of the remaining 18 or 29%, you could argue that because the death rate on the roads is similar between young and old drivers, they probably caused an equal amount of deaths to each other. Using this method, that would account for about 1 each.
Old 02-02-2007, 01:20 PM   #42
havoc19
Banned

Im gonna drive however i want to on the road if use all dont like it catch a train.
Old 02-02-2007, 01:22 PM   #43
kyro_02
V8 wannaabeee

Either I'm tired, or I can't seem to work out what you really meant to write, havoc19... :P
Old 02-02-2007, 01:27 PM   #44
LTDHO
The one and only

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTP006
Of the 2006 stats, that 30% = 59 young drivers. I would expect that more than 2 or 3 were hooning.
Anyway, 2 or 3 un-neccesary deaths doesn't remove any of the weight behind the hooning crackdown, it adds weight to it. If it were 10 or 11, it would warrant more weight.
OK, lets be generous and say 10 were hooning?
That is only 20% of young deaths caused by hooning. What about the majority of deaths, the other 80%? Do we just ignore these?
Hooning is the least of the problem.

Quote:
Originally Posted by havoc19
Im gonna drive however i want to on the road if use all dont like it catch a train.
It's this kind of thinking that wrecks it for us motorists. You are not accident proof. As a road user you always needs to take care and be responsible.
Other cars include Dynamic ED Sprint, Dynamic DL LTD, Sparkling Burgundy DL LTD, Yellow, Red & Blue XB sedan & Black XB Coupe
Old 02-02-2007, 01:30 PM   #45
havoc19
Banned

Due to forum rules i cannot post what i wish to but due to ego i cannot post the opposite :P
Old 02-02-2007, 01:34 PM   #46
Allen
You win again, gravity!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyro_02
Either I'm tired, or I can't seem to work out what you really meant to write, havoc19... :P
I think it means he is going to drive in a manner that will result in the SA Police owning a new EF XR6 :P

SOON TO BE A TRACK CAR
Old 02-02-2007, 01:34 PM   #47
paulie0735
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech article(s) 

Quote:
I'm assuming that’s some kind of humor, but on the off chance your serious, we have road laws just like we have laws for everything else. Without them we have anarchy. So what you’re actually saying is anyone can come to your house and pinch all your stuff, and if you don't like it your solution is 'live somewhere else'!
Old 02-02-2007, 01:42 PM   #48
bArNsY
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I wonder the spread of motorbike impounded throughout Melbourne is

Anyone interested in doing donuts in a horse and cart......it funny how the same rules apply!
2004 BA MkII XR6 Turbo

2009 G6E Turbo (277.2rwkw @ Tuned at Bullet Performance Racing)
2007 Audi S5 4.2L V8 manual (Supersprint exhaust, MMI 3G+ retrofit)

The New: 2015 SZ MkII Territory Titanium Petrol RWD (With Sync 3 Upgrade)

Other Road Toys

Silver Surfer
2014 S-Works Roubaix SL4 road bike with Roval Rapide CLX 40 wheelset

The Adventurer!
2023 TREK Domane SL 7 AXS Gen 4
Old 02-02-2007, 01:50 PM   #49
Boys_Love_Toys

Quote:
Just another ****er. :
Old 02-02-2007, 01:53 PM   #50
havoc19
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boys_Love_Toys
Just another ****er. :

Your the one calling other people names id say your the ****er mate.
Old 02-02-2007, 02:14 PM   #51
b2tf
not here much anymore

Quote:
Due to forum rules i cannot post what i wish to but due to ego i cannot post the opposite :P
that just about sums you up doesnt it. try engaging your brain before you post.
Old 02-02-2007, 02:19 PM   #52
havoc19
Banned

I wish to restate my opinion in a more detailed form before more grandpar crusaders start having heart attacks that somebody on here actually does these most disgusting acts the only diffrence is i got the balls to sit here and write it not crap on about how i never go over 60 or my wheels are always stationary. I do drag racer on anzac highway on fridays and no i dont have e-series stickers or any of that bullshit before the mods have heart attacks to. Personally i didnt spend all this money on my car to drive it around at 60 and accelarate at 10 miles and hour for 20 minutes and before you all start yelling do it legaly there is no where in south australia to legaly drag people except A.I.R. which very rarely if ever has these events on. Now sure i could just never drag my car but personaly i want to i understand that alot of people on here might not but thats my opinion now feel free to share yours because im sure use all will anyway. :P
Old 02-02-2007, 02:41 PM   #53
4Vman
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Boy the water level is low in the gene pool today.....

Old 02-02-2007, 02:54 PM   #54
MeLLy

You Decide......
They pulled me over once because, i was next to this VR COMMODORE on anzac hwy, i took off slowly coz i knew what they wanted, its simple...a drag, and when they didnt get it they started going into my lane to push me off the road, then i put my foot down and then i just barely escaped...but according to the "police" behind me...it was dragging, they pulled the commy driver over because she tried to escape them, and fined her over $300 on the spot and took her car away...they pulled me into the rbt and made me wait for the cops to arrive, then they decided to be real a**holes to me, they were rude and there was no need for it, they simply asked me what had happened and when i told them the commy driver was pushing me off the road the female cop, started swearing and saying i was lying & full of BullS***, while the male cop said yes i had seen that, so didnt she feel stupid...they couldnt prove what speed i was doing, so they let me off, lucky as....but that was caused by A 'HOON' and in this case the hoon got what they deserved...btw my ford kained her crappy holden BUM...and iam proud to say it....so in saying that, does it make me a hoon? because i tried to save my car & my friends by getting out of the danger zone...or would you all off preferred if i was up on the curb in the middle of anzac hwy with a tree through my windshield? and that would of been paraded around the newspapers and the news, just because wait for it.....iam a p plater!
Old 02-02-2007, 03:09 PM   #55
Scott

Quote:
OK, lets be generous and say 10 were hooning?
That is only 20% of young deaths caused by hooning. What about the majority of deaths, the other 80%? Do we just ignore these?
Hooning is the least of the problem.
I just don't see your point on this one. It seems in your mind that you are minimising the potential saving of 10 young lives per year as a justification as to why the hooning laws are a waste of time. There are planty of initiatives aimed at reducing overall deaths, the hooning laws are aimed at saving 20% of people dying (not to mention all the injuries and public nuisance). 20% is a very, very substantial segment for this reform to target.

The other 80% are being managed by RBT's, P2W ratios for new drivers, TV campaings, radio campaigns etc etc. It is painfully obvious why hooning laws have been invented and even moreso which age group makes up the numbers.
Old 02-02-2007, 03:10 PM   #56
GXL078
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
I would rather drive in Melbourne than catch a train. At least I know my brakes work.
Old 02-02-2007, 03:13 PM   #57
bArNsY
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by xcgxl
I would rather drive in Melbourne than catch a train. At least I know my brakes work.
Bahahaha.........so very true!
2004 BA MkII XR6 Turbo

2009 G6E Turbo (277.2rwkw @ Tuned at Bullet Performance Racing)
2007 Audi S5 4.2L V8 manual (Supersprint exhaust, MMI 3G+ retrofit)

The New: 2015 SZ MkII Territory Titanium Petrol RWD (With Sync 3 Upgrade)

Other Road Toys

Silver Surfer
2014 S-Works Roubaix SL4 road bike with Roval Rapide CLX 40 wheelset

The Adventurer!
2023 TREK Domane SL 7 AXS Gen 4
Old 02-02-2007, 03:14 PM   #58
Scott

Quote:
I do drag race on anzac highway on fridays and no i dont have e-series stickers or any of that bullshit before the mods have heart attacks to.
Did you get dropped on your head as a baby? Wake up idiot.
Old 02-02-2007, 03:18 PM   #59
Scott

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeLLy
i took off slowly coz i knew what they wanted, its simple...a drag, and when they didnt get it they started going into my lane to push me off the road, then i put my foot down and then i just barely escaped...
And I thought EF's came with brakes! You learn something every day round here.
Old 02-02-2007, 03:27 PM   #60
fiery
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTP006
And I thought EF's came with brakes! You learn something every day round here.
It would not always be a safe thing to brake hard if there is other traffic following. You would end up being rear ended and in the scenario above it would have been by the Police :

The Police would have then still pulled MeLLy over but given a hard time in regards to braking unnecessarily. No guarantee the cops would have believed the story of braking due to thinking the car was going to hit them.

I have been in this situation once (many years ago) and was booked for driving with undue care (I braked, was hit by another car), it was dropped in court though.

Things are not always cut and dry like the person sitting behind a keyboard thinks. People react differently to different situations.
Closed Thread