Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 04-05-2006, 09:54 PM   #31
XR6-VCT-2000
Fantastic Plastic

Actually i only just realised myself looking at previous photos of my car and photo's of it now , even comparing those pics in those links to my avitar , the car has so much more a deeper blue color and shine to it , allthough i must admit i gave the car a good polish with some RE-PO cream polish premium carnauba wax to give it that nice dark wet look after i toutched it up with the TurtleWax chipstik and color polish - the car looks much better now than when i bought it imo !

:eclipsee_
XR6-VCT-2000 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-06-2006, 08:18 PM   #32
sednwol

The Silhouette (Black) XR8 S3 I bought today (Yippee :thebirds has some nasty chips on the bonnet. I think I'll give it a go.

XR6-VCT-2000 wrote

Quote:
if you allready have some but can't get results - and if your in melbourne around near dandenong , i would even be happy to show you how to get the stick to work propperlly if your having problems with it
Iam in Wantirna South not that far from you, if I am having a problem can I call upon your expertise? The weather at present is a little cool to do immediately.

BTW where did you buy the product?
sednwol is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-06-2006, 08:42 PM   #33
XR6-VCT-2000
Fantastic Plastic

Quote:
Originally Posted by sednwol
The Silhouette (Black) XR8 S3 I bought today (Yippee :thebirds has some nasty chips on the bonnet. I think I'll give it a go.

XR6-VCT-2000 wrote

Iam in Wantirna South not that far from you, if I am having a problem can I call upon your expertise? The weather at present is a little cool to do immediately.

BTW where did you buy the product?
More than happy to help , bit struck for time at the moment as my mother is very sick / in hospital , but a time can allways be worked out ;) .

I bought the stuff at super cheap auto , u can get it from k-mart / big-w , pretty much any car/auto supply house , pretty common stuff being a turtle wax product .
For now , if your gonna try the stick anyway , Althought the stick does seem hard as a rock , dont be scared of it scratching your paintwork , it wont ;) . This chip-stick needs to applied really hard across the chips , to fill them quick and solid , color in with the chipstick like a kid would with a texta ( push really hard and back and forth fast ) , the excess needs to be polished off with an open weave cloth for best results, then apply the polish after your finished to bring the shine back again ;) .

As i was saying though , if you having any trouble with the chipstick , just yell ;) , im no expert / took a few attempts first few times to get top results / but i recon i've got it down pat now ..lol

Oh by the way , congrads on the purchase of ya new car . I would of liked a black XR, but got my galaxy blue xr for a steal / couldn't resist . #1 colour to me is the black xr's , then the monsoon blue , then the galaxy blue , so i got my 3rd choice ..lol . I Hope it serves you well .

Last edited by XR6-VCT-2000; 16-06-2006 at 09:10 PM.
Old 16-06-2006, 11:05 PM   #34
sednwol

The black is awesome! I'll pick up the product at Knox Supercheap tommorow. Wont it be to cold to use the stick at present?
Old 17-06-2006, 12:14 PM   #35
sednwol

Just used it. Hides the "white" area of the chip but would take hours and hours of work to eventually fill all the chips. I have some sandblasting (light) on the bonnet I'll try on a warmer day to see if the black turtle wax helps hide it.I'll let you know if it is worth the $21. At least the stick hides the mark if not fill it.
Old 17-06-2006, 09:03 PM   #36
XR6-VCT-2000
Fantastic Plastic

Quote:
Originally Posted by sednwol
Just used it. Hides the "white" area of the chip but would take hours and hours of work to eventually fill all the chips. I have some sandblasting (light) on the bonnet I'll try on a warmer day to see if the black turtle wax helps hide it.I'll let you know if it is worth the $21. At least the stick hides the mark if not fill it.
My bonnet was sandblasted pretty bad right on the nose , i swear i almost coloured the front of my bonnet in with the chipsick ! ..lol , it took me a good couple of hours to fully toutch the bonnet up. Allthough it took a bit of time , the results were great and it still seems to be hanging in since i did it . Definatelly need to push hard and rub fast with the stick to get it to fill the chips totally and quick. Definatelly worth the effort though to fill the sandblasts & chips before using just the colour polish . I used just the polish in the end the first time as i couldn't get decent results with the stick, but just the colour polish alone didn't last long in covering the sandblast , i tried again and persisted with the stick trying different methods ( as mentioned in this tread ) and eventually got really good results , better results than what i got with just the colour polish alone, i hope you get some good results too ;) . cheers .