Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 10-08-2005, 02:00 PM   #31
pauljh74
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I recently helped a friend buy her first car - at 29. Living in the inner city she didn't really need a car up to this point. She just got her licence and having a solid financial position was looking at $10,000-$15,000. Looked at a 2001 Astra but ended up getting a 2001 Mazda 323. Tidy car. But in the test drive - I just hope she doesn't drive half as bad on the road normally. Driving someone else's car with the owner in the back can make you a bit nervous, but she was wandering a bit far left, spending alot of time with her left wheels in the lane next to her and I had to remind her to shift up to 4th in a 70 zone. Even after I reminded her of what she was doing wrong, she still didn't correct her error. In the end I just hoped the cars in the next lane would give her a wide berth.
Not bad for a #2 driver
Mark Webber after winning the 2010 British Grand Prix.
pauljh74 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-08-2005, 02:32 PM   #32
GreenMachine
Mopar/No Car

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Sensational write up about drum brakes. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racecraft

A prime example happened to me on Sunday just gone. In the space of 500mtrs he drifted into my lane when taking a right hand corner, I beeped him, he gave ME the bird.. He then proceeded to turn right from the far left lane across me as I was going straight thru the intersection, causing us to both come to a shreeching halt feet apart from a T bone.. He then gets out of the car loudly abusing me.. He gets to my passenger window and thumps his fist onto my windscreen.. I just put it in reverse and clipped his fat *** with my wing mirror. All this trauma when his 'wife' and kids were in the car even though he was in the wrong not once but twice! If I could of raised my adrelin levels to agro similiar to his I might of got out, he was wild with rage haha whereas I was just in mind numbing shock.. What a nice show to put on infront of your family...
Yeah, sorry about that... i was having a REALLY f-ing bad day!

'72 Plymouth Scamp
'80 Courier
'13 Kawasaki ZX14-R
'13 Berlina
'92 Suzuki DR650

If you don't fight - You lose
GreenMachine is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-08-2005, 05:04 PM   #33
Lightning Strike GT
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Ah Brisbane the home of the f**kpig drivers
This morning going along Lutwytch Rd at Bowen hills / Windsor we were stopped at the intersection of Butterfield St and Lutwytch rd there is a right turn lane and 3 going straight - the right turn lane was full and I was the only car in the next lane going straight and there was a fire engine picking its way thru the cars (lights siren) and it noticed I was the only car in the queue so he came up behind me and the light was still red and the few cars coming out of the side street seen the fire truck and stopped and so I moved slowly forward and to the left infront of the cars next to me thru the red light to let him thru very cautiously of course and the moron at the front of the line that I moved into jumped on the accellerator as soon as the light turned green missing me just and in the process giving me a full lipful for cutting him off then proceeded to cut the fire engine off in his haste to be the king and be infront again and blocked the path of the fire engine from going into the bus lane to use to get a clear go
BUT justice prevailed as there was a red unmarked traffic Commodore in the queue of stationary traffic and I do not think the boys in Blue were to impressed as one ran from the traffic to his car - the last I seen was an angry copper ripping his door open to have a polite word :togo: by the way the moron has a new XR8 falcon - now I feel embarrased
And an 2019 MD Mondeo Trend Wagon in Platinum White
Lightning Strike GT is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-08-2005, 05:09 PM   #34
NAK302
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by AU XR8
Ah Brisbane the home of the f**kpig drivers
This morning going along Lutwytch Rd at Bowen hills / Windsor we were stopped at the intersection of Butterfield St and Lutwytch rd there is a right turn lane and 3 going straight - the right turn lane was full and I was the only car in the next lane going straight and there was a fire engine picking its way thru the cars (lights siren) and it noticed I was the only car in the queue so he came up behind me and the light was still red and the few cars coming out of the side street seen the fire truck and stopped and so I moved slowly forward and to the left infront of the cars next to me thru the red light to let him thru very cautiously of course and the moron at the front of the line that I moved into jumped on the accellerator as soon as the light turned green missing me just and in the process giving me a full lipful for cutting him off then proceeded to cut the fire engine off in his haste to be the king and be infront again and blocked the path of the fire engine from going into the bus lane to use to get a clear go
BUT justice prevailed as there was a red unmarked traffic Commodore in the queue of stationary traffic and I do not think the boys in Blue were to impressed as one ran from the traffic to his car - the last I seen was an angry copper ripping his door open to have a polite word :togo: by the way the moron has a new XR8 falcon - now I feel embarrased

nice story.........tell me, have you ever heard about commas and full stops? i ran out of breath reading it :
NAK302 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-08-2005, 05:17 PM   #35
ZC-Cruiser
The car's got pickup

Quote:
Originally Posted by nak351
nice story.........tell me, have you ever heard about commas and full stops? i ran out of breath reading it :
HAHAHAHAHA!
good one NAK but havent you herd that since emale and internet cam in that we dont haf to wory about stuff like punchooashun an spelin and gramer an all that over boorin skool stuf :hihi:
ZC-Cruiser is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-08-2005, 06:40 PM   #36
aquahead2001
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Thumbs down

This afternoon as I drive home from a day chained to the computer in an office where the heater decided to call in sick on the coldest day of the year so far, I contemplated the highway ahead and behind, noting that I hit the sweet spot at the traffic lights and had a complete section of road pretty much to myself.

Well behind me there was a car coming up but it was still a long way behind so wouldn't interfere when I moved to the right hand lane just before I made the right turn off the highway and to home. But after travelling no more than another 500m at 100km/k, the car was no more than 200m behind.

I indicated that I was moving across to the right lane and kept a weary eye on the fast approaching bullet. I was ¾ of the way across to the right lane when the car, which I could now recognise was a early (Mid to late 90’s) Hyundai Excel, started to do the same thing but with no indicators. But then changed its mind and violently moved across to the left lane where it had previously been.

By this time I could see that it was being driven by a young lady (small figure, blonde hear, dark sunnies and bright red lipstick) but there was something funny happening to the left side of her head.

As she drove past me, I finally noted that she was laughing and talking, and then I could see her hand holding the mobile phone against her head. I was still travelling at 100km/h and I estimate she was going at least 20km/h faster than me.

So if anyone knows how to make sure this young lady gets a call from the police/the roads department and a stern talking to about her driving, please let me know.

I hope a good chat with Mr Plod will avert her conversion into a corpse….
aquahead2001 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-08-2005, 08:06 PM   #37
XD-Machine
proud xd owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biggoggs
Why is `sitting in your blind spot' stupid? You should do a head-check before you merge, and understand that most drivers are weary of learners. They could have five minutes or five years experience, but either way don't have a license yet.

It always amazes me when I see a woman at the helm of a Prado, Pajero, or other tank- I've only ever seen one that knew where her vehicle was in a carpark. Most zig-zag out of the carpark with 4 meters or so behind and in front of the vehicle...
sorry i had to rush that post, i no i do check the blind spot, i am just saying that when u are mergin wtf are you sitting so close up its just stupid. man thats a bad one. here's another a guy is on my far left on a 3 lane road and then at the last min decides he needs to go right at the lights so he goes from the far left arcoss 3 lanes (me slam my brakes to just miss him). after that when he is at the lights turning right (so was i) he starts doing somethink, the light goes green (him not watching) he just sits there then realises hey the lights are green then he goes then the lights go orange. yeah that guy was realy weary of me the learner when he went infront of me.
sorry about my example before but these are just a few examples of the that happens to me when i am on the road (i never cause them) but luckly i have escaped ppl just deciding to stop in the middle of the road, impacient ppl trying to run me off the road ect, i seriously dont no how these ppl pass there P's test.

My XD's progress http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?t=20847
XD-Machine is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-08-2005, 08:18 PM   #38
XD-Machine
proud xd owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZC-Cruiser
HAHAHAHAHA!
good one NAK but havent you herd that since emale and internet cam in that we dont haf to wory about stuff like punchooashun an spelin and gramer an all that over boorin skool stuf :hihi:
lol so true,,,,,,,(basicly a long break) hahahahahahahahahaha

My XD's progress http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?t=20847
XD-Machine is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post