Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > OzECruisers (E/N/D Series) > OzECruisers General Discussions

OzECruisers General Discussions E/N/D vehicles General Discussion ONLY. NO TECH THREADS

Old 06-01-2007, 08:46 PM   #31
LTDHO
The one and only

Quote:
Originally Posted by heljas
MY EL DOESNT HAVE AN ALARM

SO DOES THAT MAKE ME A CRIMINAL

jason
Nope, it doesn't. I was making to points. You missed them both!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MIZJ8141
Alarm was installed and armed but am not sure what type was already in car when i got it
It's unlike a thief to bypass an alarm on a DA LTD.

Edit: AFAIK, RACV give you 21 days hire vehicle depending on insured age.
Other cars include Dynamic ED Sprint, Dynamic DL LTD, Sparkling Burgundy DL LTD, Yellow, Red & Blue XB sedan & Black XB Coupe
LTDHO is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-01-2007, 08:48 PM   #32
MIEF9640

Red face missing

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRHEMI
Its always a night mare when they decide to investigate a claim..........

What about a Hire Car? Normally insurer's will let you hire a car for 14 days or to whenever the car is recovered whichever is the lessor.

Make sure that the insurer has the Police Report and maybe even enquire if the Police have closed off on it as sometimes a delay in settlement can be caused as the insurer has not obtained the Police Report Details yet.

Ahire car was organised but even with that it still cost me $630.00 when i picked up the car to which i got back $134.00 yesterday when it went back...The delay is the investigator only put his report in for typing on friday and the insurance company will not have it till monday afternoon. Then they have to read it and will maybe have a decission by wednesday. :monkes:
MIEF9640 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-01-2007, 08:57 PM   #33
Sorted
OzEcruisers PRESIDENT

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: For all the contributions you make to the AFF community. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MIZJ8141
Ahire car was organised but even with that it still cost me $630.00 when i picked up the car to which i got back $134.00 yesterday when it went back...The delay is the investigator only put his report in for typing on friday and the insurance company will not have it till monday afternoon. Then they have to read it and will maybe have a decission by wednesday. :monkes:
Usually total loss's take "around" 4 weeks to settle.

So you have paid $630 and you have got back $134 so far, did they say you will get the balance back once the claim is settled?

Remeber you will still have to pay your excess and thus will be deducted from any settlement.

On another note when is the Reg Due on the Car?

Tuned by DYNOMOTIVE

200BUX - AFF Drag Nats 2019 EF Wagon
Quote:
Originally Posted by rednose View Post
Common knowledge that the more weight you take out of the car the less power you need to run the time.
Sorted is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-01-2007, 09:02 PM   #34
MIEF9640

Red face missing

Quote:
Originally Posted by LTDHO
Nope, it doesn't. I was making to points. You missed them both!!

Well thats good because if i find the ***** that has it i'll be sure to tell him . Obviously you are in some way attatched to the boy's in blue so if that is so then i will ring them at melton and tell them that they shouldn't have done the roadside stops they have rung me about. Because you said they wouldn't bother bypassing it . It's quite simple at the end of all this **** my car is missing and who ever has it had better not let me find them ....OK... Take it how you want to ok i am the one that has had to put myself out to borrow someone elses car so i can get to work and have some sort of transport.. :
Old 06-01-2007, 09:06 PM   #35
LTDHO
The one and only

If you are over 25 then you will have the 21 days hire vehicle at no cost to you. The only tempory cost is the bond, which you get back. Did you get this?

It surprises me (and probably RACV) that a thief would steel the alarmed DA. Was the alarm functional?
Other cars include Dynamic ED Sprint, Dynamic DL LTD, Sparkling Burgundy DL LTD, Yellow, Red & Blue XB sedan & Black XB Coupe
Old 06-01-2007, 09:07 PM   #36
MIEF9640

Red face missing

Quote:
Usually total loss's take "around" 4 weeks to settle.

So you have paid $630 and you have got back $134 so far, did they say you will get the balance back once the claim is settled?

Remeber you will still have to pay your excess and thus will be deducted from any settlement.

On another note when is the Reg Due on the Car?
They have not said anything about refunding out of pocket expenses and the reg was due in sept'06.
The money is not an issue the fact is some ***** has my car and that is the bottom line !!!!! There was no money owing i ownwd the damn thing and that also ****es me off !!! I OWN IT !!!! not some other arsewipe. ok :evil3: :togo:
Old 06-01-2007, 09:10 PM   #37
Sorted
OzEcruisers PRESIDENT

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: For all the contributions you make to the AFF community. 

Quote:

Although some alarms are rubbish and can be disconnected from the battery and thats by passed them.

So if RACV give 21 days depending on age of vehicle what do they give on this car? And what the? How can you give some cars 21 days and other cars lessor days due to its age.............lol

edit:- just saw you post - its dependent on the age of the driver, ohhhhhhh, not the age of the car

Tuned by DYNOMOTIVE

Quote:
Common knowledge that the more weight you take out of the car the less power you need to run the time.
Old 06-01-2007, 09:10 PM   #38
MIEF9640

Red face missing

Quote:
If you are over 25 then you will have the 21 days hire vehicle at no cost to you. The only tempory cost is the bond, which you get back. Did you get this?

It surprises me (and probably RACV) that a thief would steel the alarmed DA. Was the alarm functional?
As far as i new it was the hazards flashed when you hit the button so who knows this is the first time anything has happened to it to think anything different :evil3:
Old 06-01-2007, 09:14 PM   #39
MIEF9640

Red face missing

Quote:
Although some alarms are rubbish and can be disconnected from the battery and thats by passed them.

So if RACV give 21 days depending on age of vehicle what do they give on this car? And what the? How can you give some cars 21 days and other cars lessor days due to its age.............lol
I actually had the car for 21 day's but also in amongst that was xmas and new years so that also has put everything behind . but there has been no discussion on behalf of RACV as to reimbursing the excess payments i got stuck with as well . Yet again something else RACV have forgotten to mention..:evil3:
Old 06-01-2007, 09:16 PM   #40
LTDHO
The one and only

What excess payments?
Old 06-01-2007, 09:18 PM   #41
Sorted
OzEcruisers PRESIDENT

Quote:
What excess payments?
Maybe the extra you pay to reduce the excess on the hire car

Tuned by DYNOMOTIVE

Quote:
Old 06-01-2007, 09:21 PM   #42
LTDHO
The one and only

Quote:
Maybe the extra you pay to reduce the excess on the hire car
If this is the case it has nothing to do with RACV but the company you hired it from!
Old 06-01-2007, 09:24 PM   #43
MIEF9640

Red face missing

Quote:
What excess payments?
$400.00 deposit
$266.00 inc gst Accident Excess Reduction Plus
Total on the day on hire was $666.00
To which none of this was mentioned by RACV when they organised the hire of the car. since then there has been no discussion as to reimbursement of short fall igot stuck with :evil3:
Old 06-01-2007, 09:28 PM   #44
MIEF9640

Red face missing

Quote:
If this is the case it has nothing to do with RACV but the company you hired it from!
This was all organised by the RACV i was just told where to pick up the hire car nothing about deposit or other charges luckily i had a credit card with me at time as it was put it on that or no car 5.00pm on a friday adternoon when it was organised for. They should have made me aware of what was required in advance of getting there. :Up_to_som
Old 06-01-2007, 09:34 PM   #45
Sorted
OzEcruisers PRESIDENT

Quote:
You have to pay for Excess reduction from ANY car hire company so the RACV claims department should of informed their insured that they will not pay for this when they told the insured they could hire a car.

Does the RACV policy have a clause in their policy wording where they will pay the additional excess's on hire cars in the unfortunate circumstance that you have an accident in a hire car? or is this another flaw of their policy where you only find out the holes when you put a claim in.

MIZJ8141 you should of got back the $400 deposit if you returned the car undamaged as that's what the deposit is for. Did you put it on your credit card and they will reimburse back your credit card?

UNLESS RACV are taking this as your excess payment on your insurance policy

Tuned by DYNOMOTIVE

Quote:
Old 06-01-2007, 09:38 PM   #46
MIEF9640

Default missing

Quote:
You have to pay for Excess reduction from ANY car hire company so the RACV claims department should of informed their insured that they will not pay for this when they told the insured they could hire a car.

Does the RACV policy have a clause in their policy wording where they will pay the additional excess's on hire cars in the unfortunate circumstance that you have an accident in a hire car? or is this another flaw of their policy where you only find out the holes when you put a claim in.

MIZJ8141 you should of got back the $400 deposit if you returned the car undamaged as that's what the deposit is for. Did you put it on your credit card and they will reimburse back your credit card?

As i have said all they reimbursed onto the card was $134 refund no $400.00 deposit
Old 06-01-2007, 09:42 PM   #47
LTDHO
The one and only

Quote:
You have to pay for Excess reduction from ANY car hire company
No you don't. It's an option not compulsory

Quote:
so the RACV claims department should of informed their insured that they will not pay for this when they told the insured they could hire a car.
It's an option for the person hiring the veh not RACV.
Quote:
No they don't.
Quote:
Very true, you get this back as long as the hired vehicle is undamaged.
Quote:
They will not, as you said earlier, the excess will com out of the settlement.
Old 06-01-2007, 09:49 PM   #48
Sorted
OzEcruisers PRESIDENT

lol here we go again..........

But yeah the $400 you didnt get re-imbursed will be your excess payment.

And as for customer service with RACV it appears if they dont have to tell you they won't even if its in your best interests.

Tuned by DYNOMOTIVE

Quote:
Old 06-01-2007, 09:58 PM   #49
LTDHO
The one and only

Quote:
lol here we go again..........
Hope not..
Quote:
But yeah the $400 you didnt get re-imbursed will be your excess payment.
No the rental company and insurer are two different companies. The only time you don't pay an insurer an excess is when you pay a repairer.
Quote:
And as for customer service with RACV it appears if they dont have to tell you they won't even if its in your best interests.
Again it has nothing to do with RACV. They just pay the bill. Ian didn't even have to go to the one RACV sent him too!
Old 06-01-2007, 10:06 PM   #50
Sorted
OzEcruisers PRESIDENT

Quote:
No the rental company and insurer are two different companies. The only time you don't pay an insurer an excess is when you pay a repairer.
Okay LTDHO live and learn mate, wonder where the $400 went if its not an excess payment.................

RACV have an association with this hire car company as he has not had any out of pocket expense's for actually hiring of the car........and the fact that they referred him to this hire car company.

Tuned by DYNOMOTIVE

Quote:
Old 06-01-2007, 10:41 PM   #51
MIEF9640

The best thing obviously i can do is ring the hire company to find out where the $400.00 has gone
Old 07-01-2007, 10:22 AM   #52
efgiar
rofl copter

Quote:
Originally Posted by niko
a work mate got his car jacked from outside his house and it got investigated, i would imagine all thefts get investigated...lol would imagine insurance companies don't just cough up when someone actually does need help...
NO they are not, im trying to tell you the shopping center thefts do all get investigated by RACV NOW. and suspicious thefts would also OBVIOUSLY get investigaterd BY THE INSURANCE COMPANY U FOOL. the cops investigate EVERY THEFT!!!!! just if the insurance company does is a different story!

thats all
efgiar is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-01-2007, 10:49 AM   #53
niko
likes falcon's

and i'm sticking with my argument that insurance companies don't just cough up money for fun FOOL :P
Old 07-01-2007, 11:05 AM   #54
efgiar
rofl copter

ok then, but why would they now investigate ALL shopping center thefts if they did it allready?!?!

thats all
Old 07-01-2007, 11:39 AM   #55
niko
likes falcon's

you said yourself they "only investigate shopping centers" and i've said no they investigate all thefts...
Old 07-01-2007, 11:42 AM   #56
efgiar
rofl copter

idont think i said that but anyway, they (being the insurance company) do not investigate all thefts, the police do.

thats all
Old 07-01-2007, 02:55 PM   #57
kyro_02
V8 wannaabeee

me F**Kn me come on ladies move along :P

i reckon the theif/s probably drove it to nsw like that did to my bro's ~ damn drugo's
kyro_02 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-01-2007, 04:59 PM   #58
Sorted
OzEcruisers PRESIDENT

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyro_02
me F**Kn me
You must have one long slong...............and ewwwwwwwww but if your are into that then so be it.....lol

Tuned by DYNOMOTIVE

Quote:
Old 07-01-2007, 05:15 PM   #59
kyro_02
V8 wannaabeee

Only some people will understand what I truly meant :
kyro_02 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-01-2007, 05:55 PM   #60
Sorted
OzEcruisers PRESIDENT

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyro_02
Only some people will understand what I truly meant :
Well I have only heard people say "me faaarkin" never heard them say "me faaarking me" .........bit strange...........lol :

Tuned by DYNOMOTIVE

Quote: