Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > OzECruisers (E/N/D Series) > OzECruisers General Discussions

OzECruisers General Discussions E/N/D vehicles General Discussion ONLY. NO TECH THREADS

Old 11-02-2007, 10:05 PM   #31
[EDGHIA]
Banned

im so happy i didnt take my car and waste half a tank on that.....was the worst cruise iv been on... dont think ill be attending UN-OFFICIAL cruises anymore....driving or not.
[EDGHIA] is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-02-2007, 10:10 PM   #32
Interceptor'85
Interceptin'

I was only at the first meet point (talk about small turn out), and was good to meet some new faces.
Couldnt do the full cruise cozz i had other commitments on but looks like it was a good cruise, weather and all.
'XA Muscle'

Interceptor'85 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-02-2007, 10:16 PM   #33
EA Ghia

Wasn't a bad cruise, but it wasn't exactly a good cruise, could've been a lot better if the anticipated turnout, turned up.

Though, a decent size cruise wouldn't be easy to organise, let alone organize in a week.

Few more pics, few nice cars there!!

(What the hell is this?!?)

EA Ghia is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-02-2007, 10:21 PM   #34
[EDGHIA]
Banned

the cruise has been posted for longer than a week...... you shouldnt leave it till the last minute to organise. maybe it should be left up to the people who organise the night cruises.... never had any problems with directions or turn outs...
Old 11-02-2007, 10:29 PM   #35
Allen
You win again, gravity!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by [EDGHIA]
the cruise has been posted for longer than a week...... you shouldnt leave it till the last minute to organise. maybe it should be left up to the people who organise the night cruises.... never had any problems with directions or turn outs...
Do you even know what happened in the lead up to this cruise?

MrCrackers was going to organise it, but he couldn't go through with it due to medical reasons.

Have you ever attempted to organise a cruise in less than a week to a place you have never been before?

I know that today wasn't the most organised cruise, but cut me some damn slack!
At least I made an effort instead of just cancelling the whole thing...

SOON TO BE A TRACK CAR
Allen is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-02-2007, 10:31 PM   #36
Kenaz
Donating Member
Donating Member1

I was this close || to going to the first meet point to say hello. Decided against it at the last second. Guess I didn't miss out on much?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wheels Nov 02
It's suave, more subtle, and yet no less stirring. In fact, the boosted Ford is more polished than any big sedan Australia has ever produced. It's just so damn good, it makes the SS feel crude... Ignore the WRX. Forget the E49. Falcon XR6 Turbo is king.
Kenaz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-02-2007, 10:32 PM   #37
AdzT3-146
own the road

Quote:
Originally Posted by fairlane_ghia

Well said mate,

I wasn't there so I can't comment fully, but you still made it happen, it's the first cruise you have attempted doing and as you said you had less than a week to get it organised going to a place you have little experience with due to unforseen circumstances.

Cut him some slack guys, at least he had a go and done his best in the short amount of time he had.
T3 TE50 #146

Quote:
Originally Posted by UNR8D
Id rather date a goat with syphilous then drive a maloo.
AdzT3-146 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-02-2007, 10:32 PM   #38
Dezza
Parts bin special

Sounds like I didn't miss out on much. Shame to hear about the damage to Mark and Allen's car. Neither of you have much luck. Hope it doesn't cost too much to repair. I saw plenty of debris on the roads today, and some of it was certainly hard to avoid

I'm sure you did your best Allen. I certainly wouldn't attempt to organise a cruise because everyone would end up hopelessly lost, and it would take weeks to get the route all sorted

Daily 2014 SZII Territory diesel - basic runabout

Previous Cars 1990 EAII Fairmont Ghia - Tickford engine, 5 speed, SVO wheels, bodykit, much more
2000 AUII Fairmont - XR wheels, Ghia interior
2010 FG XR50T ute - XR8 bonnet, Streetfighter intake
Dezza is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-02-2007, 10:32 PM   #39
[EDGHIA]
Banned

Quote:

MrCrackers was going to organise it, but he couldn't go through with it due to medical reasons.

Have you ever attempted to organise a cruise in less than a week to a place you have never been before?

im not blaming it on you mate.... im just saying it shouldnt have been left till the last week to organise...... and no i dont organise cruises because its not my job...... i no of 2 people that have taken on the role to do this for E-Series and do a great job.
Old 11-02-2007, 10:40 PM   #40
Sorted
OzEcruisers PRESIDENT

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: For all the contributions you make to the AFF community. 

The only way to make sure a cruise map is correct is to do the actual run on it before the actual cruise.............

In saying that I am sure most of you guys and girls had fun and at the very least it was something to do........

How about you have a go at the members who didn't turn up and had their name on the list to come - that should keep the ones who have nothing else better to do but to whinge occupied for a few more posts.

PS Its AWESOME to see the huge amount of photos you guys took.........

Tuned by DYNOMOTIVE

200BUX - AFF Drag Nats 2019 EF Wagon
Quote:
Originally Posted by rednose View Post
Common knowledge that the more weight you take out of the car the less power you need to run the time.
Sorted is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-02-2007, 10:43 PM   #41
Professor Farnsworth
Fossil fuel consumer

Location: Mod For: Pub, Bar, Sales Yard, Show 'N Shine, Photoshop, AU to BF, FG to FGX, Territory & Sports Bar
Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Many years of valuable contributions to the forum, including some superb build threads. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by [EDGHIA]
im not blaming it on you mate.... im just saying it shouldnt have been left till the last week to organise...... and no i dont organise cruises because its not my job...... i no of 2 people that have taken on the role to do this for E-Series and do a great job.
oh aren't you a superhero then.

the last two cruises i've organised have turned out very well for all involved, according to their feedback. this cruise was left til late to organise as i have some serious medical issues going on of late, and this was put a little on the backburner, as you might imagine ?

Looks like Allen did a great job with little notice, and at least it wasn't cancelled. Some of you need to take a step back and apreciate that people do actually organise cruises for you people, at their own expense, both time and money.

Nice work Allen, disregard the negative BS.
Professor Farnsworth is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-02-2007, 10:46 PM   #42
Kenaz
Donating Member
Donating Member1

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRHEMI
How about you have a go at the members who didn't turn up and had their name on the list to come
*Goes back to edit name out of list*

Quote:
It's suave, more subtle, and yet no less stirring. In fact, the boosted Ford is more polished than any big sedan Australia has ever produced. It's just so damn good, it makes the SS feel crude... Ignore the WRX. Forget the E49. Falcon XR6 Turbo is king.
Old 11-02-2007, 10:46 PM   #43
Kenster

Question

Quote:

The thing i readed through the map throughly before we left and the direction wasnt thathard only problem since alot of people didnt know the area well some people decided to take they own way. Others decided not to waste the fuel and took a short road to there. From me I say you did a good job even thou we had a few trouble but everything went well. I kept the map for safe keeping so next time i could go there for a cruise with a few people.
Kenster is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-02-2007, 10:48 PM   #44
EA Ghia

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrcrackers

the last two cruises i've organised have turned out very well for all involved, according to their feedback. this cruise was left til late to organise as i have some serious medical issues going on of late, and this was put a little on the backburner, as you might imagine ?

Looks like Allen did a great job with little notice, and at least it wasn't cancelled. Some of you need to take a step back and apreciate that people do actually organise cruises for you people, at their own expense, both time and money.

Well said!!

Don't stress, as said it was a decent cruise, would've been a lot better if there was a bigger turnout, nothing wrong with the route if everyone had stuck together.

People should probably put themselves in your shoes before criticising.
EA Ghia is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-02-2007, 10:54 PM   #45
holmsy
Banned

sounds like a few people got some damage. i got home just before from work and got told a power line was hanging across the road at my mums house. but i didnt even notice it was windy i was in a more built up area it must have blocked most of the wind.

still would have liked to come on the cruise but damn work stuffed me and decided i could work 3 hours int he middle of the day on registers when im clearly not a register person.
holmsy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-02-2007, 10:59 PM   #46
bentles
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by viper483
would've been a lot better if there was a bigger burnout
lol thats how io read it the first time
bentles is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-02-2007, 11:04 PM   #47
EDXR6T

Quote:

Well im sorry to hear you have medical problems.

This thing should have been organised a week after the thread was posted up especaly if your going to say its an "official E-series cruise".

Official E-series cruise have a level of professionalism to with hold and id like to see withheld. This cruise has pritty much taken that professionalism down a notch. And id rather we look like a well organised club then a bunch of yob's cruising mindlessly around looking for big enough car park's and what not. Mabey next time we shouldent slap the E-series stamp of approval on any old cruise.

Not blaming you Allen You tried your best with what you had to work with.
EDXR6T is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-02-2007, 11:08 PM   #48
Professor Farnsworth
Fossil fuel consumer

Location: Mod For: Pub, Bar, Sales Yard, Show 'N Shine, Photoshop, AU to BF, FG to FGX, Territory & Sports Bar
Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Many years of valuable contributions to the forum, including some superb build threads. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by EDXR6T
Well im sorry to hear you have medical problems.

This thing should have been organised a week after the thread was posted up especaly if your going to say its an "official E-series cruise".

Official E-series cruise have a level of professionalism to with hold and id like to see withheld. This cruise has pritty much taken that professionalism down a notch. And id rather we look like a well organised club then a bunch of yob's cruising mindlessly around looking for big enough car park's and what not. Mabey next time we shouldent slap the E-series stamp of approval on any old cruise.

Not blameing you Allen You tried your best with what you had to work with.
seriously mate did you read a word i just typed ?
the reasons are outlined pretty clearly
for your knowledge, there is no lack of 'professionalism', that's a laugh.
under the circumstances, everything worked a lot better than it could have.

p.s. 'spellcheck'
Old 11-02-2007, 11:12 PM   #49
Allen
You win again, gravity!!!

Thats a bit tight Pat, Im sure if Chris was at the helm it would have been a much different outcome. It started out with the good intentions of being "Officially E-Series Approved" but fate interveined and it didn't pan out that way.

SOON TO BE A TRACK CAR
Allen is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-02-2007, 11:15 PM   #50
Sundeep
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRGAY
How about you have a go at the members who didn't turn up and had their name on the list to come - that should keep the ones who have nothing else better to do but to whinge occupied for a few more posts.
I agree man... the worst part was the people who put their names down and didn't attend. The other reason why the cruise went to **** is because of the people who jumped in front of the leader and ****** the map as well.

I also had some bad car related **** happen when I got home, but I won't go in to that.

Sundeep
Sundeep is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-02-2007, 11:18 PM   #51
Kenaz
Donating Member
Donating Member1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Dose
I agree man... the worst part was the people who put their names down and didn't attend.
Go easy on the non-attendees. I'm sure some of them had a good reason not to go. :

Quote:
Old 11-02-2007, 11:21 PM   #52
The Goodz
E-Series Firemaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Dose
the worst part was the people who put their names down and didn't attend.
I agree 100%, I hate when that happens. Memories of glenmaggie come to mind, sorry guys, just a pet hate of mine!

Alex

Automotive photography, fine art landscapes, portraiture
Photo retouching and restoration

The Goodz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-02-2007, 11:21 PM   #53
-jjM-
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenaz
Go easy on the non-attendees. I'm sure some of them had a good reason not to go. :
sleeping in? i know 2 of them did
-jjM- is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-02-2007, 11:24 PM   #54
Sorted
OzEcruisers PRESIDENT

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: For all the contributions you make to the AFF community. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Dumb
I agree man... the worst part was the people who put their names down and didn't attend.

Sunnycrusty
Nah don't go easy - give them hell...... was cranners on that list.......lol

Tuned by DYNOMOTIVE

Quote:
Common knowledge that the more weight you take out of the car the less power you need to run the time.
Old 11-02-2007, 11:25 PM   #55
Professor Farnsworth
Fossil fuel consumer

Quote:
yes..
Old 11-02-2007, 11:27 PM   #56
crannersEL
Banned

Quote:
Haha for your information i wasnt on the list! : :

Last updated list is as follows.....

1) mrcrackers
2) blur1, (sapphire wagon)
3) pHaT`eL
4) Harro
5) Fairlane Ghia
6) BradensEBxr6
7) NC_LANE
8) EF_Machine
9) Kenster
10) SnyperEB
11) ED Roars
12) heljas
13) EB_Lightning
14) mark_TD & SBR_1
15)
16) Bentles
17) Obriza
18) EFFalcon
19) Mickus
20) KaptnKaos
21) EBmanul but not in the eb hehe!!
22) Mr. Dose
23) Rmyers
24) GREERZ
25) ef boy
26) myefxtc
27) [ED-GHIA]
28) Aussie Andy
29)
30) daz82
31) RAMD67
32) ef rev head
33) ea-bully
34) viper483
35) EDXR6T
36) BrunsELXR6

Didn't catch me out this time DRHEMI :

Last edited by Kenaz; 11-02-2007 at 11:38 PM.
crannersEL is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-02-2007, 11:29 PM   #57
Professor Farnsworth
Fossil fuel consumer

Quote:
Originally Posted by crannersEL
Haha for your information i wasnt on the list! : :
well you were ORIGINALLY :P
Old 11-02-2007, 11:30 PM   #58
-jjM-
Banned

ban him anyway
-jjM- is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-02-2007, 11:31 PM   #59
Sorted
OzEcruisers PRESIDENT

Quote:
well you were ORIGINALLY :P
He is a sneaky bugger....... prob didnt want to put his name actually down as he knows he would of got picked on....again..........if he didn't turn up......as he needs his nana nap.....

Tuned by DYNOMOTIVE

Quote:
Old 11-02-2007, 11:33 PM   #60
crannersEL
Banned

Quote:
He is a sneaky bugger....... prob didnt want to put his name actually down as he knows he would of got picked on....again..........if he didn't turn up......as he needs his nana nap.....
Yeah mate got it in one! I forgot you know everything about me :
crannersEL is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post