Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > OzECruisers (E/N/D Series) > OzECruisers General Discussions

OzECruisers General Discussions E/N/D vehicles General Discussion ONLY. NO TECH THREADS

Old 12-04-2006, 09:48 PM   #31
clontarf_x
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

*sigh*

Yet another pair of dickheads give the police and bigwigs something to rant about for the next 10 years. How about we organise a big ИИИИwit gather in some remote location and then let them take eachother out...

My condolences to the Taxi driver. My uncle runs Swan Taxis over here in Perth and the amount of stories you hear of ИИИИheads they see on the roads really makes you wonder how these people got their liscence... I think behavioural tests should be included when going for your P's...

And as a few others have said, we have all given our cars a bit of poke (It's why they have gearboxes, accelrators and use fuel) but dumbasses like the pair in this story don't deserve to be behind the wheel...

And just to make a point it isn't only the young kids that exhibit this behaviour on the road either. It's peoples attitudes to what is and is not acceptable on our roads that ИИИИs everyone else over...
clontarf_x is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-04-2006, 09:48 PM   #32
fiery
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by jabba
And what does the family get in return after this kid gets of with a huge fine and maybe a little jail time if any.... Hay BUD... Will the mother and father get the son back, will dishing out the hashes penalty to the offender/murderer make Mum and Dad feel any better.... NO, it wont do stuff all. You kid have got to wake up and smell the roses. Do you also realise that those stupid actions you are screwing it for the real enthusiast. I hope that bloke that killed the 4 year old rots in hell...

Jabba mate.. walk away from the computer NOW... please
mate.. as parents we do get a little heated by this sort of senseless stuff. but this particular thread was originally about the cabbie situation.

Now, I am not one to start bashing the younger drivers (I would even quietly admit that Vegabass is possibly one of the best young drivers I have been in a car with)..
I have seen older people have accidents when being stupid.. so lets not bag all younger drivers..
fiery is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-04-2006, 09:53 PM   #33
jabba
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I taking your advice, and going to bed...

CYA at M/P

Tuned by Elite Automotive

11.91 @ 117mph Vid
jabba is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-04-2006, 10:00 PM   #34
XR Martin
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

The Taxi driver can get compensation for loss of wages through either the driver who hit him, or he's insurance company.
2016 FGX XR8 Sprint, 6speed manual, Kinetic Blue #170

2004 BA wagon RTV project.

1998 EL XR8, Auto, Hot Chilli Red

1993 ED XR6, 5speed, Polynesian Green. 1 of 329. Retired

1968 XT Falcon 500 wagon, 3 on the tree, 3.6L. Patina project.
XR Martin is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-04-2006, 10:03 PM   #35
Falcon Freak
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by vegabass
Any other info AshMan?

Did he Win?
If he was playing chicken then yes, he did 'win'.

FF
Falcon Freak is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-04-2006, 10:09 PM   #36
EF302
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiery
I have seen older people have accidents when being stupid.. so lets not bag all younger drivers..
yeah please dont! these kind of acts are usually done by people who have never been in a car aciddent, never lost control of a vihicle and really underestimate the size and wieght of a car which is not easy to stop when out of shape. this is why a defence driving corse should be compulsery befor getting a licence. to gain better understanding of driving safety and driving within the cars limits. which a 13 second screech this was far beyond the cars limits
EF302 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-04-2006, 10:34 PM   #37
clontarf_x
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiery
The one thing I hope these statements we are making does is ensure that the dickheads on these forums (yes, FFAU is not exempt to these idiots, no matter how hard we wish it were) that they start spreading the word and the same ideology to their mates. One of the many ways we can reduce this kind of behaviour is changing the mindset of these people.

I really hope one day all people, young old or otherwise, will realise that there are tracks, drag strips, hell even remote highways (if they grew a brain) that they can do this ИИИИ at. Kill yourself, not someone else. They don't deserve it...
Old 12-04-2006, 10:38 PM   #38
rag top
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by ef_classic
Anyone have link to a story, or pictures?
http://www.abc.net.au/news/newsitems...4/s1614261.htm
Old 12-04-2006, 10:39 PM   #39
rag top
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

http://dailytelegraph.news.com.au/st...001028,00.html
Old 12-04-2006, 10:45 PM   #40
fiery
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by clontarf_x
I really hope one day all people, young old or otherwise, will realise that there are tracks, drag strips, hell even remote highways (if they grew a brain) that they can do this ИИИИ at. Kill yourself, not someone else. They don't deserve it...

I agree with your statement 100%....

I must admit I totally support driver education, for all drivers, not just the new kids getting out there... Everyone could do with a refresher or some sort of training..
Old 13-04-2006, 10:15 AM   #41
fmc351
let it burn

Quote:
Originally Posted by volcom20
It's fair enough to call the drivers morons and idiots, but as a young fellow myself I have drag raced on the street, at odd hours like 2 in the morning on isolated roads. This kid didn't know better, he went too hard and came unstuck, probably something everyone has done in -casual- driving.

These kids have lost thier cars, thier licences and probably have a huge fine. This prang, or crash rather, will set them back years with thier lives.

The taxi driver will be on compo for months and months, paid leave.

I feel sorry about it, but at the same time, every action has an equal and oposite reaction, and they'll get what they deserve for it. It's not like they're being given a slap on the wrist and away they go in the new car thier insureance paid for.

The world goes round.
I drive on roads at 2am. Sometimes, my family and I are returning from friends places, the little fella asleep in the car. The time of day, isolation of the road does not make it safe to street race.

As for the slap on the wrist, recently there was a chick who had killed a ?little girl? I believe. She was off her guts on butane, and recently she was applying to the courts to get her licence back. She wasnt significantly older than when she committed the act. Id say thats a slap on the wrist.

These were idiots who think theyve also covered the angles. Unfortunately its the (mostly) law abiding enthusiasts who will suffer. Obviously those directly involved too. Arguing that you keep it within your ability or your cars ability is also no different, its assuming you have superior knowledge, and are a reasonable judge of skill. The same argument is exactly what the hoons use.
The difference between these hoons, and those who feel they do it responsibly, is they are lucky enough not to encounter the unexpected. If you have encountered the unexpected and your 'skill' handled it, then you didnt have the angles covered, or you wouldnt have encountered the unexpected when hooning. Either way, its irresponsible behaviour.

As for age, the stats show that the younger drivers are more likely to be in an accident. They are also more likely to feel they are invincible. It stands to reason they make up a larger part of the stats, that doest mean that because you are young, you are that person though. Being older doesnt exempt you from this behaviour either.

I started on road bikes, (in Melb I could ride on my own before I could get Ps for a car). I rode for 3 yrs, and the only reason im still alive is DUMB LUCK. Yeah i had skill, I was invincible. Mates and i used to get together and hit the Whitlesea-Yea Rd, Great Ocean Rd, Black Spur and The Boulevarde etc. The fact a car headed in the opposite direction didnt drift across the line as I was hugging that same line at 130km/h, or 2 wheel power-sliding at 140, bike leant over, my head down to bumper zone wasnt skill, it was luck.
fmc351 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-04-2006, 10:50 AM   #42
volcom20
Ef Fairmont

Quote:
Originally Posted by fmc351
I drive on roads at 2am. Sometimes, my family and I are returning from friends places, the little fella asleep in the car. The time of day, isolation of the road does not make it safe to street race.

As for the slap on the wrist, recently there was a chick who had killed a ?little girl? I believe. She was off her guts on butane, and recently she was applying to the courts to get her licence back. She wasnt significantly older than when she committed the act. Id say thats a slap on the wrist.

These were idiots who think theyve also covered the angles. Unfortunately its the (mostly) law abiding enthusiasts who will suffer. Obviously those directly involved too. Arguing that you keep it within your ability or your cars ability is also no different, its assuming you have superior knowledge, and are a reasonable judge of skill. The same argument is exactly what the hoons use.
The difference between these hoons, and those who feel they do it responsibly, is they are lucky enough not to encounter the unexpected. If you have encountered the unexpected and your 'skill' handled it, then you didnt have the angles covered, or you wouldnt have encountered the unexpected when hooning. Either way, its irresponsible behaviour.

As for age, the stats show that the younger drivers are more likely to be in an accident. They are also more likely to feel they are invincible. It stands to reason they make up a larger part of the stats, that doest mean that because you are young, you are that person though. Being older doesnt exempt you from this behaviour either.

I started on road bikes, (in Melb I could ride on my own before I could get Ps for a car). I rode for 3 yrs, and the only reason im still alive is DUMB LUCK. Yeah i had skill, I was invincible. Mates and i used to get together and hit the Whitlesea-Yea Rd, Great Ocean Rd, Black Spur and The Boulevarde etc. The fact a car headed in the opposite direction didnt drift across the line as I was hugging that same line at 130km/h, or 2 wheel power-sliding at 140, bike leant over, my head down to bumper zone wasnt skill, it was luck.
My reply for the first paragraph...

At 2 in the morning on a straight stretch of road, I can see some car's headlights (funnily enough....) so if we see headlights, we call it off.

But, if your family likes to drive with thier headlights off at 2AM, I cannot garentee thier safty.

Me being a young driver, I've been driving ever since I was old enough to touch the pedals. I've had multiple paddock bashers, and I've driven them hard on my own property for years. I've taken two defencive driving courses, one at Newcastle and the other localy at my home town's airport.

Because I know how to correct a car properly, I think I'm a lot better driver than the vast majority on the roads.

In the wet I still drive like a cat, because I hate the feeling of not knowing exactly how much grip I have. In the dry though I personally believe I can handle any "within reason" situation that may occure on the roads.

But when I see my friends, all my age, never having driven a car hard before, and getting thier licences, it does send a shiver down my spine. Because instead of learning to drive hard in a safe invironment, they're teaching themselves the limits of thier cars on the roads.

To have driver training (ie defencive driving training) free would vastly safe the younger ones like myself, from ourselves.

I'm 17. And I've never dragged on a strip, mainly because the closest one around is Sydney, which is a four hour drive from me, and it isn't open all the time.

For me, and anyone who doesn't live within 200km of a drag strip, it's just easier and less expensive to take the drag to a isolated piece of road at odd hours and cut loose and head home. Or, not drag at all.

And I must say, over the last month I've had my licence, I've had 3 close calls, all of which were not my fault and were only avoided due to me paying attention.

1) Some lady decided she'd leave the curb and do a U turn, when I was about 10meters behind her traveling at 60km/h... She stopped dead in the middle of my lane, and I was forced to swerve into the oposite lane (No cars coming, otherwise I would have let myself just hit her)...
2) Some moron reversed into my car while I was parked.
3) Another idiot (about 20, druggo looking) started to turn in on me while driving in dual lanes, we pulled over and had an arguement about it, but I just sat in my car waiting for him to cool down from his own stupid mistake. Lucky there was enough room for me to move over and slam on my breaks and beep my horn till my heart was content.

So , after all that in the last month, I _really_ think the government should be focusing on people who just can't drive, period. Not just young ones who can't drive, because there's clearly a lot more older people who have no clue.
volcom20 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-04-2006, 10:52 AM   #43
AshMan
Girrrrr!!!

Condolences to the taxi driver.

I've seen cabbies do some pretty stupid ИИИИ on the road, altough its not just them, its all "professional" drivers...

People that fail to give way, pull out when they shouldn't, don't use indicators etc...

I've had taxi drivers swerve infront of me trying to overtake, and cabbies and truck drivers that try to block you on cruises... they line up in the lanes so that u can't overtake, then slow right down...

Heritage green, isn't that a fence paint?
AshMan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-04-2006, 10:57 AM   #44
fiery
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
So , after all that in the last month, I _really_ think the government should be focusing on people who just can't drive, period. Not just young ones who can't drive, because there's clearly a lot more older people who have no clue.

That has to be the most sensible, intelligent statement I have read in a long time.
Old 13-04-2006, 11:01 AM   #45
Racecraft
they call me Tibbo

Quote:

For me, and anyone who doesn't live within 200km of a drag strip, it's just easier and less expensive to take the drag to a isolated piece of road at odd hours and cut loose and head home. Or, not drag at all.
Exactly.. you don't drag race at all..

I'm not going to preach to you Volcom but we are talking about tossers (who I hear are going to be charged with DUI aswell to prove the size of their brain is smaller than a pea) that dragged raced on a single lane 'suburban' street.

Lobby your local council mate, get a track or designated area where you can enjoy your car legally...

Racecraft is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-04-2006, 11:09 AM   #46
gozza

hypothetically speaking here...

your on the highway at 3 in the morning...not a car in site for miles.....you should be able to go as hard as you want....if you crash and die its your fault....as i said this is hypothetically and really only could be viable on a highway with no other vehicles on the road
gozza is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-04-2006, 11:55 AM   #47
fiery
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Has anyone heard how the cab driver is?
Old 13-04-2006, 02:00 PM   #48
clontarf_x
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by gozza
hypothetically speaking here...

your on the highway at 3 in the morning...not a car in site for miles.....you should be able to go as hard as you want....if you crash and die its your fault....as i said this is hypothetically and really only could be viable on a highway with no other vehicles on the road
In theory that is great, the fact is you still shouldn't be doing it... have some respect for your own safety if not others. Hell i'm guilty of stretching the XR's legs in exactly the same situation as above but it doesn't make it OK.
Old 13-04-2006, 02:42 PM   #49
fmc351
let it burn

Quote:
My reply for the first paragraph...

At 2 in the morning on a straight stretch of road, I can see some car's headlights (funnily enough....) so if we see headlights, we call it off. Driveways, side roads, broken down. Pedestrian smart enough not to drink drive, but not smart enough to stay home. There is no safe street drag period. Maybe they often end fine, but the occassional tragedy makes this a moot point. As I said, the argument, i have skills or covered the angles is the same argument used by the hoons. You are stating that you know, so are they, youre no different then, just lucky so far.

But, if your family likes to drive with thier headlights off at 2AM, I cannot garentee thier safty. The inferrence that you get to choose is offensive and shows your level of respect for others. Albeit that I should drive with lights.

Me being a young driver, I've been driving ever since I was old enough to touch the pedals. I've had multiple paddock bashers, and I've driven them hard on my own property for years. I've taken two defencive driving courses, one at Newcastle and the other localy at my home town's airport.

Because I know how to correct a car properly, I think I'm a lot better driver than the vast majority on the roads.

In the wet I still drive like a cat, because I hate the feeling of not knowing exactly how much grip I have. This is good.In the dry though I personally believe I can handle any "within reason" situation that may occure on the roads.So do the hoons. The reality is that there are limits to what can be achieved

But when I see my friends, all my age, never having driven a car hard before, and getting thier licences, it does send a shiver down my spine. Because instead of learning to drive hard in a safe invironment, they're teaching themselves the limits of thier cars on the roads. Absolutely, and in no way am I judging your skill set. Just suggesting that that focus is an incorrect way of looking at it, and merely is your method of justifying your irresponsibility on the public roads. Ive joined this to what you say lower down re: No drag strip close enough. On this, Id agree the authorities in your area have little foresight

To have driver training (ie defencive driving training) free would vastly safe the younger ones like myself, from ourselves.

I'm 17. And I've never dragged on a strip, mainly because the closest one around is Sydney, which is a four hour drive from me, and it isn't open all the time.

For me, and anyone who doesn't live within 200km of a drag strip, it's just easier and less expensive to take the drag to a isolated piece of road at odd hours and cut loose and head home. Or, not drag at all. That last bit is all you are entitled to.

And I must say, over the last month I've had my licence, I've had 3 close calls, all of which were not my fault and were only avoided due to me paying attention.
1) Some lady decided she'd leave the curb and do a U turn, when I was about 10meters behind her traveling at 60km/h... She stopped dead in the middle of my lane, and I was forced to swerve into the oposite lane (No cars coming, otherwise I would have let myself just hit her)...
2) Some moron reversed into my car while I was parked.
3) Another idiot (about 20, druggo looking) started to turn in on me while driving in dual lanes, we pulled over and had an arguement about it, but I just sat in my car waiting for him to cool down from his own stupid mistake. Lucky there was enough room for me to move over and slam on my breaks and beep my horn till my heart was content.All these stories assume that you have factored everythig into the equation. Its no different than some Commdore nut claiming they owned a Ford driver because he didnt race from the lights, "I left in my dust man". I have no idea if the lady hadnt indicated her intention while you covered the last 100m and you could have predicted her action (not excusing her, but still maybe you didnt drive defensively. Rather than focus on ability to correct a skid, maybe some focus on defensive driving techniques is in order. If she simply stopped, and had you travelled at a speed safe for conditions (not speed limt, conditions), at a safe distance, you would have pulled up behind her without hassle. You say skilled, i say deluded

So , after all that in the last month, I _really_ think the government should be focusing on people who just can't drive, period. absolutely no argument on thisNot just young ones who can't drive, because there's clearly a lot more older people who have no clue.Stats say otherwise. If I drive at 20km/h in a 60 zone because im looking for an address, thats something you should expect as a possibility. Its not illegal to do so, and only dangerous if the a55clown behind is impatient. If I pull out in front of you (read that as 40mtrs in a 50 zone), and you need to tap your brake, not lock up, thats to be expected. You dont have the right to keep your foot off the short pedal because you are already on the road. Maybe the decision to pull out isnt the smartest, but thats driving in traffic, and you need to expect it
The unexpected can be a problem, but only when you expect every other driver to drive like you (thats what the elderly for example are themselves doing, assuming youre driving as slow as they do). There in lies the problem. Most drivers (young and old) expect everyone else on the road has their idea of driving. Reality doesnt reflect that, nor can you expect it would. Knowing that, and adjusting your road driving to that, is what i mean by defensive driving.

Now please note, im not exempting myself from that criticism. i stated I rode like a loon, and only luck kept me alive. Id argue skill at the time, but skill cant account for the unexpected.
Old 13-04-2006, 03:34 PM   #50
gozza

Quote:
Originally Posted by clontarf_x
In theory that is great, the fact is you still shouldn't be doing it... have some respect for your own safety if not others. Hell i'm guilty of stretching the XR's legs in exactly the same situation as above but it doesn't make it OK.

yes but if your ok with killing yourself and you not putting anyone else in danger then there is no reason why you shouldn't be doing it......apart from dying but thats been covered lol

its really a dumb hypothetically isn't it
gozza is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-04-2006, 04:32 PM   #51
clontarf_x
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Tis. I suppose my point in general is it's just bad lol. The idea that kids have that speed wont kill them is just stupid. And like I said before its not just speed, stupid driving does it too (young kids in their VL with shot suspsnesion sliding around a wet roundabout anyone?)
Old 13-04-2006, 05:58 PM   #52
Hunter
Ex EL Falcon

Quote:
Originally Posted by fmc351
There's A HUGE difference between doing 100+ km/h in a 60 zone and occasionally getting off the line quicker than you should or maybe doing 5-10 km/h over the limit... I can categorically state that I have never done anything so stupid as to go 100 in a 60 or 50. I dare say the guy was doing a lot more than 60 when it all went wrong.
Old 13-04-2006, 08:06 PM   #53
fmc351
let it burn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter
There's A HUGE difference between doing 100+ km/h in a 60 zone and occasionally getting off the line quicker than you should or maybe doing 5-10 km/h over the limit... I can categorically state that I have never done anything so stupid as to go 100 in a 60 or 50. I dare say the guy was doing a lot more than 60 when it all went wrong.
Thus the 'mostly law abiding' part.
Old 13-04-2006, 08:17 PM   #54
HOON69
Banned

its a warning to all whom flaunt like this idiot did
and we know a few e series guys whom like the throttle etc

go to far and your gunna end up wrecked injured or killed
your not a good or great driver cause you've done a few driving courses
you never know whats around the bend etc

so slow down and respect all road users,as the next car you past at speed might be mine and i def wont tolerate idiots endangering my children.
HOON69 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-04-2006, 01:32 PM   #55
EAman
Ea 1990 with ef head

Kids dont understand a parents point of view i was once a hero 2 now im a father and have another one on the way and when i see turds on the road doing what i used to do it drives me nuts... I drive trucks now and the amout of times that little turds in ricers and the like have trided to take my rig head on and backed out at the last minute or just got passed the car they are overtaking and missed me by inches is unreal and whats anoys me more is that the car is ussaly a P plater and its full of kids emagine what whould happen if i hit a hyundai excell full of kids with a fully loaded truck.
EAman is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post