Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > Eurofordclub.com > EuroFordClub.com

EuroFordClub.com European Ford Owners Club of Australia forum

Old 28-03-2005, 10:00 AM   #31
lotsy
Feisty

If your after a banner for the club my neighbour over the road runs a sign company in the bay they do nice work - once you figure out what you want I can get a price for you if you want?
lotsy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-03-2005, 03:31 PM   #32
OZXR4
formally ozmondeo

If people are getting tired of doing the crusie thing maby a go-cart day or nite would be a go. My bro did one with the skyline club.
Old 30-03-2005, 09:24 AM   #33
whippet_zetec
Supes

did go-karts for my Bucks only a couple of weekends back and the blokes there wanted to do more karting than go to the pub and drink....
Old 30-03-2005, 10:28 AM   #34
Timmeh
Fairmont Ghia

Quote:
Originally Posted by lotsy
If your after a banner for the club my neighbour over the road runs a sign company in the bay they do nice work - once you figure out what you want I can get a price for you if you want?
Thanks Lee-Anne, I think this will be a great idea! :monkes:

As for other events, back in the days *cough* when I was with the E-series club, we did Drive In Movie nights out at Blacktown too, which was really cool!

Now that I am back in NSW, I'll find out when car shows are on too, like All Ford Days or even non brand specific shows, and I agree that some social events would go down really well.

3 months away has me missing all you guys! : Haha!

It's harder for me to know what there is to do in Melbourne or Brisbane event wise, so if anyone has any suggestions from there raise them. Zetec should be able to get some Melbourne events happening - doesn't need to be all day events that cost alot either.

The other thought is combined events with other car clubs, we've done it in NSW once before and it was good for something different and to show off our cars!

Regards, Tim
Timmeh is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-03-2005, 10:50 PM   #35
RichieMK6
Panther Black MK6

events we could do :
movie nites
dinners
carshows
cruises
cruise where we have to do things , like observation runs

In development stage 2

Carnt wait for the day ,NA all the way ,9000rpm with the top down
RichieMK6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-04-2005, 06:00 PM   #36
vista75

Hey Timmeh,

In regards to the flyers, there was an issue a few years back due to businesses handing out flyers in bulk at event carparks. People return to there cars remove the flyer and dispose of by dropping on the ground.
The AOMC (Association of Motoring Clubs) in Victoria had a guide on this topic a few years back as most clubs use flyers to attract new members but didn't need the hassle of fines.
The outcome was something along the lines of it is okay for car clubs (non profit organisations) as long as you are not blanketing - putting out one on every car you see regardless of make and model. It would also be of help to add a note 'if not interested please dispose of thoughfully'.
It would be wise to check with each states rules, but here in Vic we have never had a problem in 10 years of using flyers.
Another possible solution is to use a business card.

And a good point of argument is how do parking inspectors issue fines - under your wiper blade.

As for the membership fee, maybe with payment of a fee you could get a free window sticker and go onto a mailing list - email for web based members and snail mail for those not pc'd up.

Just some more thoughts,

Cheers, GT
  Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post