Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > OzECruisers (E/N/D Series) > OzECruisers General Discussions

OzECruisers General Discussions E/N/D vehicles General Discussion ONLY. NO TECH THREADS

Old 03-06-2005, 07:01 PM   #31
oldracer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonbays
Minispools just not on for a street car even if it is fun for the first night its illegal and dangerous in the wet.
having said that, i had one on a race car and I certainly would not put a mini spool in a street car simply for the lack of maneuverability and the real wear on tyres, shopping centres anything where you have to turn the wheels is screeching material and forget ever having to try and push your car in anything other than a straight line.
They work fine in the wet as long as your rubber is ok but thats the same with anything
Old 03-06-2005, 07:02 PM   #32
stockstandard
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Spools in street cars is just crazy!

The problem with them in the wet is that when you turn, the inside wheel is travelling the same speed as the outside, but moves less distance because it is on the inside of the turn. This pushed the car sideways.

I have a mate with a spooled 9" with fat rubber on the back and he has a lot of problems turning.
stockstandard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2005, 07:22 PM   #33
Psycho Chicken
Banned

Same with a mate who's got a mini-spool in his VL. I'd love one just for the fact there aren't any clutch packs/cones to burn out, but I like to be able to corner.

What's the diff between a mini-spool and a full spool anyway?
Psycho Chicken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2005, 07:45 PM   #34
deankdx
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

my brother has had a couple of 25 spline mini spools in his street driven cars, one in a 250 cortina and 1 in a 351 XF both ended up breaking an axel which was a total pain, 28 spline qould be stronger axels though
they make the car understeer into normal corners, his front tyres wore just as quick as rears, i reackon a tight LSD is the only option(on a budget) for a street car.
deankdx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2005, 01:24 AM   #35
XRQTOR
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by STOKEB
Detroit Locker, i`m not sure if thats the right spelling for it.
My mate had one in his skyline, was an ex drifter from japan. That thing was locked full time and was just nuts. Probally why the same reason why the cops took it off him, twice.
XRQTOR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2005, 08:18 PM   #36
STOKEB
NOS Induction pssssshhhhh

my cars been minni spoll for over 3 years now, i dont have trouble driving it in the wet and parking it. Its weird cause my car doesnt skip around corners and also you wouldnt pick it to be minni spool just drives like a normal car would
STOKEB - 3:7 diff gears, 3inch zorst, JMM Race Series Extractors, Custom Bottom end to suit N20, AU DEV 6 Head and Cam, Cold Air Intake, ED XR6 Manual Computer with Flash Tunner, ED XR6 Fuel reg, C10 Auto, 2800stall .
---------------------------------------------------
I LiVe My LiFe A bOtTlE aT a TiMe, FoR tHoSe 200 sQuIrTs I fEeL fReE.........pssssssssssssshhhhhhhhhhh
STOKEB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2005, 11:16 AM   #37
Curtis

Default So where can I find some 4.11's

Where can i find some 4.11 gearing to stick in my diff. How much is it round a bout? and where from?
Old 05-06-2005, 12:14 PM   #38
jonbays
TL40 Wagon?

I campaigned a Chrysler by Chrysler in the 80's with a worked 360 and a CIG locker diff.

I used to drive the ute to work mostly but when it was lent out I had to drive the still registered "race car". Fun it was but totally dangeous for the street. It was a big car with big wheels and slicks. With stock converter and acm u had to nudge it into neutral at every set of lights of corner with a stop sign and rev it a bit and drop it into drive to take off without stalling.

It was fun for the first night then mostly embarrasing fishtailing everywhere with satupid hoons trying to take you on when I was just trying to take off without stalling or smoking the tyres up too much.

A minispool in a Falcon would be the same prety diabolical inless its your weekend warrior.
jonbays is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2005, 04:56 PM   #39
T_Terror
The Guy You Love To Hate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psycho Chicken
What's the diff between a mini-spool and a full spool anyway?

Anyone answer this yet?

I was hoping a minispool unlocks whne you get off the gas but honestly have no idea.
T_Terror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2005, 05:26 PM   #40
deankdx
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by T_Terror
Anyone answer this yet?

I was hoping a minispool unlocks whne you get off the gas but honestly have no idea.
mini spools are fully locked all the time
strength mainly, the mini spool is mounted using the pins in an X Series only 2 in a 28 spline EB diff 4 pins,
where as a spool replaces the carrier and bolts directly to the ring gear much stronger and more expensive, i dont think you can even get them for 25 spline borg warners or for that matter any borgwarner?
deankdx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2005, 07:20 PM   #41
Psycho Chicken
Banned

Well stuff buying a mini-spool!

/cracks out the welding rods
Psycho Chicken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2005, 07:52 PM   #42
STOKEB
NOS Induction pssssshhhhh

you can get them for 25spin axels, my mates ea had the spool and his axels were 25spin these days you can put a minni spool in almost any car
STOKEB - 3:7 diff gears, 3inch zorst, JMM Race Series Extractors, Custom Bottom end to suit N20, AU DEV 6 Head and Cam, Cold Air Intake, ED XR6 Manual Computer with Flash Tunner, ED XR6 Fuel reg, C10 Auto, 2800stall .
---------------------------------------------------
I LiVe My LiFe A bOtTlE aT a TiMe, FoR tHoSe 200 sQuIrTs I fEeL fReE.........pssssssssssssshhhhhhhhhhh
STOKEB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2005, 08:47 PM   #43
Qwikcorty
V8 Turbo Hoon

look what i found, sorry if its a repost

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI....554516860&rd=1
Qwikcorty is offline   Reply With Quote