Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > OzECruisers (E/N/D Series) > OzECruisers General Discussions

OzECruisers General Discussions E/N/D vehicles General Discussion ONLY. NO TECH THREADS

Old 26-09-2006, 10:12 PM   #31
FRDXR6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

He means if he removes the current setup and installs the GT3540 with the rest of the new goodies that it will no longer be complied under the compliance plate.

Whenever you change the turbo even on factory turbo cars e.g. XR6T its no longer legal and easily defectable (for cops with a good eye and knowledge anyway) and no way would it pass EPA if you get stung by them.
FRDXR6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-09-2006, 10:14 PM   #32
dansedgli
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Nah, I think he means why did I have trouble getting a RWC when it was stock.

Because the RWC places hadnt heard of the AIT falcons then they didnt want to accept the compliance plate. One of the places said I needed an engineers certificate for the turbo gear even though the compliance plate as there.

I had to go through a mate to get a legit RWC and even he wasn't sure he wanted to pass it.
Old 26-09-2006, 11:25 PM   #33
T_Terror
The Guy You Love To Hate

Yeh dan understood what i meant.
So what did the workshops say when you showed them brochures and stuff. Seriously, if a bludy compliance plate isnt the ultimate proof then wtf is?

Did they accuse you of manufacturing a fake compliance plate lol?

You got your mate to give you a RWC. Dosent that mean hes your nwe "rwc guy"? Prob solved?

I dont think dans worried about cops picking the difference between the stock turbo and his gt35/40....
T_Terror is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-09-2006, 12:49 AM   #34
old_mate
Smash the Boost

im pretty sure vic roads would see a compliance plate issued by them at some point as being happy days (ok, maybe vicroads didnt issue it but it definately isnt something they will try and say you made)

keep all the paperwork in the car and keep it looking factory. Run 30 psi into it, but keep it as close to what it would have looked like in 1989/90. If you show plod all the gear, and the plate, im sure they'll be sweet.

If not...

..what other chances have u got? its (semi) factory blown FFS.

1971 Fairmont Sedan

1974 SWB F100

Keyboard Warrior - A Person who, being unable to express his anger through physical violence (owning to their physical weakness, lack of bravery and/or conviction in real life), instead manifests said emotions through the text-based medium of the internet, usually in the form of aggressive writing that the Keyboard Warrior would not (for reasons previously mentioned) be able to give form to in real life.
old_mate is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-09-2006, 12:52 AM   #35
old_mate
Smash the Boost

or buy another dud EB. That old thing of yours was the %)(* man. And i bet the cops didnt look twice

1971 Fairmont Sedan

1974 SWB F100

Keyboard Warrior - A Person who, being unable to express his anger through physical violence (owning to their physical weakness, lack of bravery and/or conviction in real life), instead manifests said emotions through the text-based medium of the internet, usually in the form of aggressive writing that the Keyboard Warrior would not (for reasons previously mentioned) be able to give form to in real life.
old_mate is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-09-2006, 07:25 AM   #36
dansedgli
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by old_mate
or buy another dud EB. That old thing of yours was the %)(* man. And i bet the cops didnt look twice

I got pulled over twice for no apparent reason so the cops could check it out.

Both times they checked everything except what was under the bonnet.
Old 27-09-2006, 07:31 AM   #37
dansedgli
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by T_Terror
Yeh dan understood what i meant.
So what did the workshops say when you showed them brochures and stuff. Seriously, if a bludy compliance plate isnt the ultimate proof then wtf is?

Did they accuse you of manufacturing a fake compliance plate lol?

You got your mate to give you a RWC. Dosent that mean hes your nwe "rwc guy"? Prob solved?

I dont think dans worried about cops picking the difference between the stock turbo and his gt35/40....
My mate didnt really want to do the rwc, and probably wont do it again. The people he works with were shocked when I brought in the magazine articles.

The compliance plate looks dodgy next to the ford one. The first RWC place rang ford and asked them and ford said that turbo falcons didnt exist before the BA. That didnt help my case at all. I didnt have the articles when I went there though.

Im sure I could get another RWC somewhere else but I imagine it will take a lot of effort to find someone who believes me.
Old 27-09-2006, 09:12 AM   #38
ON_DUBS
[ON DUBS]

probably should keep it in case you want to sell the car in the future.
the turbo equipment you've bought to replace it will sell for more removed from the car and you can put the original gear back on.

just a thought.
Old 27-09-2006, 10:27 PM   #39
T_Terror
The Guy You Love To Hate

Quote:
Originally Posted by dansedgli
My mate didnt really want to do the rwc, and probably wont do it again. The people he works with were shocked when I brought in the magazine articles.

The compliance plate looks dodgy next to the ford one. The first RWC place rang ford and asked them and ford said that turbo falcons didnt exist before the BA. That didnt help my case at all. I didnt have the articles when I went there though.

Im sure I could get another RWC somewhere else but I imagine it will take a lot of effort to find someone who believes me.

Haha, i could imagine the shock on their face, the whole exercise would have been worthwhile if only just to see that look :-D

Did you speak to the Ford Discovery Centre? Obviously some bird on reception at Ford headquarters isnt going to know about their rarer models, just point them in the right direction and give them a wink.

I take interest in your dilema cause young Jared (oneredED) is going to be going through the same hurdles with the supercharged EA.
And if the eseries forum has never heard of it till he spotted the car then what chance does he have lol!
T_Terror is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-09-2006, 10:29 PM   #40
dansedgli
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Finding articles will help lots,

The fdc didnt know much, just that some dealers offered the option with an ait warranty. Apparantly ford didnt document them.
Old 28-09-2006, 01:53 PM   #41
Sundeep
Banned

I found one of my magazine's Dan, I can't find the other one.

One has a EA with same kit as yours running 5PSI (Was meant to be running 6 but had issues.. what's new?!?), did a 14.9 1/4 with a 5 speed and a 2.77 and a blue interior :S

Sundeep
Sundeep is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-09-2006, 01:57 PM   #42
dansedgli
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Sweet can I get a copy of it?
I dont have that one yet.

Turbo kit is coming off tomorrow night.
Old 28-09-2006, 01:59 PM   #43
Sundeep
Banned

Yeah no worries.

That makes 3 E-Series getting hacked on the weekend for boosting reasons.

1. Yours
2. Mine (5 speed)
3. Gilly's

Sundeep
Old 28-09-2006, 02:04 PM   #44
dansedgli
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Nice!

Where are you guys doing yours?
Old 28-09-2006, 04:28 PM   #45
Sundeep
Banned

Prob do Gilly's Saturday at his house then mine at my house on Sunday or something.. dunno!

Sundeep