Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > OzECruisers (E/N/D Series) > OzECruisers General Discussions

OzECruisers General Discussions E/N/D vehicles General Discussion ONLY. NO TECH THREADS

Old 06-07-2006, 06:10 PM   #31
gthofan
Gunna girlie-man

loud exhaust and smoky exhaust, hoons aswell, dead vl's watch out hahaha

<INSERT WITTY SIGNATURE HERE>

Daily- 05' BA futura... work done.
Cruiser- 85' VK berlina... more work done
gthofan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-07-2006, 07:15 PM   #32
BoZZa17
Lovin the Manual.

yeah stop bein girls =P as long as u hoon in a safe manar ull be alright,,, wont change how i drive.. there is a ****load worse things in life than losing your liscence....
BoZZa17 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-07-2006, 07:15 PM   #33
micksta

Quote:
Originally Posted by davway
you may have looked sus if you were doing the speed limit and seen the cops and slowed down.
and how can they not know the difference between 45 and 50kmh? they have speedos with 2kmh increments and also a digital speedo as well. they can tell if you drop 1kmh.

they woudln't be able to tell when there sitting at a set of light on a 90deg angle .. i didn't slow down .. i dont slow down .. becoz im always doing the right speed limit.
micksta is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-07-2006, 07:16 PM   #34
micksta

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoZZa17
yeah stop bein girls =P as long as u hoon in a safe manar ull be alright,,, wont change how i drive.. there is a ****load worse things in life than losing your liscence....

losing your car as well ??? :P
Old 06-07-2006, 07:24 PM   #35
BoZZa17
Lovin the Manual.

yer only 48 hrs 1st time =P
BoZZa17 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-07-2006, 07:56 PM   #36
micksta

3 months second then forver third lol

but yeah .. i dont do **** around other cars anyways.
Old 06-07-2006, 08:07 PM   #37
Grechie
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

miksta i agree with you mate i herd your situation they were on a 90 degree angle of the traffic lights they went first then ulled over illegally in a car park sideways waited for your car to go by then pulled in behind you, followed u on a 50k road and then got u 100 metres down the road, then went over your car all becuassr they were bored, pathetic, u had a girl in the car too and were easy driving, they just LOVE P PLATERS I SWEAR
Michelin Pilot Sport Cup 2 - 255/35/19 - 275/35/19
Shockworks Coilovers
PITLANE AUTOMOTIVE & PERFORMANCE
Grechie is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-07-2006, 08:12 PM   #38
frost
Banned

No Tow Truck driver in ballarat wants to tow "hoon" cars as they dont wanna get bashed, as our local rag monday had "1st person caught" then on the radio at lunch time it was "ballarat dosnt have the ability to take cars yet" and the towies said a few things as well...

Anyway Iv never owned a car powerful enough to rip a skid hehe, and iv got a few brains.... Public Place == BAD

I lost my license for what I call bull****, but it shows I should of paid more attention, I was doing 103 in a 70km zone and I thought it was a 100 zone... I should of paid more attention to the sign
frost is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-07-2006, 08:17 PM   #39
gthofan
Gunna girlie-man

when i had my last car, a vk commie, i was pulled over 22 times in 5 months, from license checks, to breathos, to drug searches. and the best part, i was never booked for anything, i was going to send a letter about being harrased.
there was one time, driving in the city, had a mate in the car with me. pulled over, and this was bout the 21st time. i got the first word in to him when he approached my window. i said, "why have i been pulled over, i did nothing wrong, indicated perfectly, no speeding what for then? im geting really fed up with the way you people always pull me over, its beond a joke now" his responce, "well for starters your a p-plater, and your from bayswater".

what a friggin joke the police force is.

Old 06-07-2006, 08:21 PM   #40
Grechie
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by gthofan
when i had my last car, a vk commie, i was pulled over 22 times in 5 months, from license checks, to breathos, to drug searches. and the best part, i was never booked for anything, i was going to send a letter about being harrased.
there was one time, driving in the city, had a mate in the car with me. pulled over, and this was bout the 21st time. i got the first word in to him when he approached my window. i said, "why have i been pulled over, i did nothing wrong, indicated perfectly, no speeding what for then? im geting really fed up with the way you people always pull me over, its beond a joke now" his responce, "well for starters your a p-plater, and your from bayswater".

what a friggin joke the police force is.

THANK YOU!!!!!

my mate in his VS got pulled up out the front of his gfs place, he rocked up got her and then revered out, copper got him, n sed, see all these lines, i bet you did all them , i can get you for them, my friends like bs no way u cant do that, he goes u wanna make a bet then the cop says buy a new car, my mate sed see, you do target commodore drivers, and the cop said, nodded n sed yes, got his license went to car, come back with canary, all out the fornt of his gfs house, he did nothing, and recieved that, thats utter crap, he didnt do any burnouts, + the lines u can tell arnt fresh there all old n faded, and were a wider profile then his, utter crap, i dont care wot people say bout there uncles cousins mums step dads brother in law whos a copper, he probly is nice yes, but you have to understand, if you obtain a red p in ur window, YOU ARE TARGETED, no matter wot, well in werribee anyways...it was a total embarrasment for his mum to see it and made him look like a "hoon" which in the end drops trust and respect for him as they jsut got together
Shockworks Coilovers
Old 06-07-2006, 08:23 PM   #41
gthofan
Gunna girlie-man

i see im not alone on this treatment

Old 06-07-2006, 08:26 PM   #42
micksta

i feel good now ..

now im not the only one who thinks cops r after P's and commo's.

i was pulled over about 7 odd ish times in 2 months.

i agree with u gthofan ... they do harrase us.

**** pigs
Old 06-07-2006, 08:29 PM   #43
EDXR6T

buy a ford
EDXR6T is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-07-2006, 08:31 PM   #44
micksta

shouldn't have to :P

plus its not the car.

car is about 1/4 of it.

its the sign on the back saying "im young and will always do burnouts and drag people and do drift on every corner and chance we get yes please pull me over"

otherwise known as a P plate
Old 06-07-2006, 08:32 PM   #45
Grechie
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by EDXR6T
buy a ford

hehe

but ive still been hassled and even they went outta there way to do a U turn while it was the Trafficlights n they followed me to my mates house and even did a hardcore illegal turn to fly down up my ***...works both ways, its the Red P Plate, think bout it, if ur a copa, and cruising round, bored no action, then u see a commodore, or a ford with a kit on it, or even a p plater with a mate in the car, ull think, ACTION!!!! then follow do checks even pull me over and waste 30 mins of my time just so ur shift can end quicker, pathetic, but yes EDXR6T he is, he loves fords man, he just has a commo coz it was handed down through family to him
Shockworks Coilovers
Old 06-07-2006, 08:36 PM   #46
micksta

and EDXR6T ... im making an e-series drift car when i get some funds.
Old 06-07-2006, 08:36 PM   #47
gthofan
Gunna girlie-man

since ive had the ford, ive had about 5 times pulled over.
OMG, i remember this not too long ago.
on my way too mansfield about 2 months ago, it was bout 11:00pm. got past bonnie doon, and fell asleep. i woke up straight away. pulled over to the side of the road, clear stretch of road, had a power nap for 20 mins. i found myself being woken up by hi beam lights parked right behind my car. then the blue and red lights go on. he asked me "what the hell are you doing, you cant stop your car here" remember clear straight road. he then told me to get out of the car and pop the boot. he searched my car top to bottom for anything, held me up for 15 mins, then said "right then, carry on"

and they try to push for people to powernap
i cant stand it, its gone too far, sometimes i wish im not on p plates, how can u complain about this harrasment??

Old 06-07-2006, 08:50 PM   #48
EDXR6T

O i see

cant wait to see the plan's on the drift car dude
Well i really cant comment on this as i'm still on my L's:P
but i get my license in 3week's. so i aim worried about it
I no the cop's target more then just commo's if it's dumped, loude, and look's fully sick you'r going to get pulled. And that's a breef description of my car so i know i'm going to be a target wich i look forward too:P
EDXR6T is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-07-2006, 09:22 PM   #49
sphell
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

i reckon these hoon laws will fizzle out eventually and cops will just go back to slapping canaries on cars and handing out fines. Just like random Drug testing. Do they even do that anymore?

The thing I don't get is how do they distinguish from normal speeding and so called 'hooning'? Like that Falcon driver that got caught and his car impounded. They said he was doing like 30k's over the limit which IMO is just speeding. Then they tacked on "and driving in a manner which was dangerous" and straight away it becomes hooning. Seems like it's just another bull***** thing they've left up to the cop's discresion. Just like canary's.
sphell is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-07-2006, 09:24 PM   #50
Age182
GMHKLA number plates

copz pick on comodores n fully sik muzza VLs more than fords so we shouldnt b to worried altho it still happns

Previously owned:
1994 EF fairmont Ghia 4.0Ltr, AUTO
14.620@93.3mph

2000 Honda S2000
14.73@92mph (stock + no traction)
Age182 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-07-2006, 02:05 AM   #51
ned
Once shy... twice bitten

I've been pulled over 5 times on the space of 1 hour, then few hours after that the Mrs was driving my car (also a P-plater at the time), the cop walked up to the window, looks at her with his torch and goes... "Oh you don't own this car, see ya later and have a good night."

W T F's with that!
Old 07-07-2006, 10:38 AM   #52
Kenaz
Donating Member
Donating Member1

Quote:
Originally Posted by micksta
ur statement means nothing to most P-Platers.
In the 3 years I had my P's I was never pulled over once.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wheels Nov 02
It's suave, more subtle, and yet no less stirring. In fact, the boosted Ford is more polished than any big sedan Australia has ever produced. It's just so damn good, it makes the SS feel crude... Ignore the WRX. Forget the E49. Falcon XR6 Turbo is king.
Kenaz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-07-2006, 04:48 PM   #53
micksta

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenaz
In the 3 years I had my P's I was never pulled over once.
ur not a p plater now ... in this day and age where the cops dont need a reason to give u fines/canary's it happens more then u think.
Old 07-07-2006, 06:02 PM   #54
Kenaz
Donating Member
Donating Member1

Quote:
Originally Posted by micksta
it happens more then u think.
Maybe where you come from, but I know plenty of current P platers with 'done up' cars that will tell a similar story to mine.

Quote:
It's suave, more subtle, and yet no less stirring. In fact, the boosted Ford is more polished than any big sedan Australia has ever produced. It's just so damn good, it makes the SS feel crude... Ignore the WRX. Forget the E49. Falcon XR6 Turbo is king.
Old 07-07-2006, 06:05 PM   #55
Poetic Justice
NOT A TOYOTA :/

Quote:
Originally Posted by sphell
i reckon these hoon laws will fizzle out eventually and cops will just go back to slapping canaries on cars and handing out fines.

LOL wishful thinking at its best there
Old 07-07-2006, 06:07 PM   #56
Poetic Justice
NOT A TOYOTA :/

I swear some of you guys must drive like complete and utter tools if you get picked on as much as you say you do.

Ive driven like a tool ever since I had my license. I am now off my P's and drive a fairly obnoxious v8 fairmont and have been done once for a small spinning of the wheels, and when that happened the cop was an absolute champ to me.

So if you guys are getting "picked on" so hard, perhaps it's time to settle down and stop deserving the treatments.
Old 07-07-2006, 06:42 PM   #57
Kenaz
Donating Member
Donating Member1

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackout
I swear some of you guys must drive like complete and utter tools if you get picked on as much as you say you do.

Ive driven like a tool ever since I had my license. I am now off my P's and drive a fairly obnoxious v8 fairmont and have been done once for a small spinning of the wheels, and when that happened the cop was an absolute champ to me.

So if you guys are getting "picked on" so hard, perhaps it's time to settle down and stop deserving the treatments.
I agree wholeheartedly.

Quote:
Old 07-07-2006, 07:10 PM   #58
ned
Once shy... twice bitten

I'm no angel but I can assure you the previous example I gave definitely didn't deserve that many checks.
Old 07-07-2006, 07:52 PM   #59
EFFalcon
Last warning

i got off my P's under a year ago.
my cars far from stock looking/sounding and i never got picked on.
and i did a lot of driving on my P's.

luck of the draw i guess.
DAILY - BA Fairlane Ghia, Boss 260 Turbo
OFFROADER - Ford Explorer
EFFalcon is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-07-2006, 07:58 AM   #60
mr_efxr
Not your average EF Wagon

Seriously, if you know you have committed an offence be prepared to suffer the consequences, you only get lucky so many times before it runs out. In the end you are the person responsible for your actions when behind the wheel.

The recently SOLD 95 EF Wagon 5spd NA SLEEPER

The Daily cruisers now *95 R33 Skyline GTS-T RB25DET *93 Lexus GS300 2JZ-GTE

Car enthusiasts visit Unique Cars and Parts
mr_efxr is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post