Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 19-06-2006, 08:09 PM   #31
XRated
Shoot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AC/DC
Take back half the money as offered and go get it done by a proper mob !

AC/DC
I don't know if I'm confused, or some of you (not much sleep in the past few days hehe)......

The guy that hit Volcom's car paid xxx amount to get it fixed (instead of going through insurance).
Volcom paid an EXTRA 250 on top for a bit more work to be done.
The job was half-arsed, and the painter admitted it - Volcom accepted it. Why?
The owner has told a customer to f-off but is willing to give Volcom $125 back.
BUT Volcom doesn't want to pay $950 elsewhere to get the job done properly when it was originally paid for by the person who hit him.

Let's look at it from a different perspective:
You take your car in to a workshop and pay $950 for a decent job. It comes out shoddy, you argue with the workshop but he tells you to f-off. So you should just f-off and not bother putting up a fight?

Take the ***** to the cleaners.

20V Turbo

XRated is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-06-2006, 08:35 PM   #32
volcom20
Ef Fairmont

Quote:
Originally Posted by XRated
I don't know if I'm confused, or some of you (not much sleep in the past few days hehe)......

The guy that hit Volcom's car paid xxx amount to get it fixed (instead of going through insurance).
Volcom paid an EXTRA 250 on top for a bit more work to be done.
The job was half-arsed, and the painter admitted it - Volcom accepted it. Why?
The owner has told a customer to f-off but is willing to give Volcom $125 back.
BUT Volcom doesn't want to pay $950 elsewhere to get the job done properly when it was originally paid for by the person who hit him.

Let's look at it from a different perspective:
You take your car in to a workshop and pay $950 for a decent job. It comes out shoddy, you argue with the workshop but he tells you to f-off. So you should just f-off and not bother putting up a fight?

Take the ***** to the cleaners.
Thats pretty much it. If I take the car else where I've got to pay for the whole repair myself, where, in this incedent, the guy who hit me paid for paint and the dents he put in my car, so it worked out a lot cheaper for me to let him take the dents etc while the paint was off the car, hence, only 250 dollars.

The repair for the guy who hit me paid was between 800 - 1000 dollars, and I put 250 ontop just for my few things I wanted done.

I think that makes some more sense.
volcom20 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-06-2006, 05:22 AM   #33
5L
[ 5L ]

how bout getting your dad down there or soemthing, i know that because i am young people always try to do a half ar$ed job, with things on my car because they think we are an easy push over, but when you bring your parents down there (obviously not going to bring my mum she would think painting it with a paint brush would be fine) the bloke sort of thinks that if he doesnt do a decent job your old man will stick up for you. thats my opinion, ive noticed that people will speak to you alot differently when your dads standing next to you.

i still cant get over the day that we took my sister calibra down to ge the wheel bearing fixed at the same place for the fifth time (dobbed them in to the raa as they were a certified repairer, and got told if the problem kept happening to take it back and will be fixed free). the owner told dad to off and hes not fixing the car anymore, with customers around, dad pulled him over the counter and asked him again if he was going to fix it, the bloke sent it to city holdens and paid for it to be fixed.
[ 5L ] 2001 AU series 2 xr8, 220kw, 5speed, leather interior, premium sound, narooma blue, cat back exhaust, k&n filter,willall edit,MSD coil packs, MSD leads, monroe gt gas shocks, superlow kingsprings 187rwkw (mainline)

www.ignitionimages.com
5L is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-06-2006, 11:37 AM   #34
muppet

If he didn't give you a receipt report him to the tax office for doing cash jobs and not paying tax. Nothing will probly come of it but then again the next tax return he does they might just crawl up his a-- with a microscope. And wouldn't that make you feel good.
Old 20-06-2006, 10:59 PM   #35
schmidty
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

how can a few dints a in guard cost in excess of $900 to repair? If the car you're talking about is the ef in your avitar thats crazy! Half the time if i get stuff done i supply my own parts so you know you're not going to get screwed. I usually ask for an itemised quote, then tell them i'm going to deduct the price of parts, supply my own, and just pay the labour.

I got a brand new genuine el guard for $150. Half the time when you look at what labour for the repairing of the old guard, materials, prep work and painting are worth, the price diff between that and using a new part is minimal and you are assure of getting a top finish providing the painting is done properly.

Also had the local holden dealer try and charge me a round figure of $500 to do an oxygen sensor in the missus' astra. When i questioned the price and he realised that i actually had some idea what i was talking about it straight away came back to $414. How does someone who's pricing fairly knock 20% off straight away and say he may be able to do better? While i was standing in the foyer of the service dept i called a mate who is a parts manager at another dealership in geelong and got him to call the spare parts dept at the dealership i was in & price the part. $168! Took me 10 mins to put in. Told the service adviser they will never see any car of ours again. How many chicks and people in general get screwed like that??!!!

Like someone else said dont ever take your car to anyone the at fault person recomends unless you know they are a reputable repairer. Going through insurance gives you a leg to stand on in situations like this, and someone to do the fighting for you. If you go down the cash track make sure its someone whos work comes with recomendation or previous experience.
schmidty is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-06-2006, 11:26 PM   #36
XR_Strider_GuY
Boss for Go, L98 for Show
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by volcom20
Thats pretty much it. If I take the car else where I've got to pay for the whole repair myself, where, in this incedent, the guy who hit me paid for paint and the dents he put in my car, so it worked out a lot cheaper for me to let him take the dents etc while the paint was off the car, hence, only 250 dollars.

The repair for the guy who hit me paid was between 800 - 1000 dollars, and I put 250 ontop just for my few things I wanted done.

I think that makes some more sense.
I say cut your losses and move on. I can bet he will not give the money back. In the scheme of things $250 is nothing and court time etc will cost you more. Go to a different panel shop, a reputable one not one that offers the cheapest repair. Remember theres no cheap and cheerful only cheap and nasty. Tell them your situation, tell them someone else stuffed your paint job (yes name the company to them). There is a chance that they will do it for you for a good price knowing that they will get your business if you are happy with the repair specially in a country town.
I feel for you mate and have been ripped off in the past with car repairs.

Oh in terms of getting him back, think of it this way, he takes $250 from you, how many customers will he not get from you telling your family and friends about the bad experience you had with that panel shop. I would guess it would be eaasily more than $250.
Old 21-06-2006, 09:12 AM   #37
ltd
Force Fed Fords

Tell him you've just started a traineeship at the Australian Taxation Office as an Auditors assistant, and that you need your car to get to work.

Quote: