Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 26-10-2010, 10:28 PM   #31
adelaidecrows02

Last month I came home totally caned and decided to fire up the poker tables.....woke up the next morning -$1700......
Old 26-10-2010, 10:34 PM   #32
kinksta
Luxojet

I am in no way wanting this so turn into a pro-drinking thread, just wanted to see if people came on the forums after a night out.

Alcohol is bad.
kinksta is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-10-2010, 10:38 PM   #33
adelaidecrows02

Quote:
Originally Posted by kinksta
I am in no way wanting this so turn into a pro-drinking thread, just wanted to see if people came on the forums after a night out.

Alcohol is bad.
You sound like my liver.....
Old 26-10-2010, 11:04 PM   #34
fmc351
let it burn

Nah, I go to another forum that is designed for the purpose of flaming, drunk threads and random nonsense.
fmc351 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-10-2010, 11:08 PM   #35
Grippy
Racing improves the breed

Quote:
Originally Posted by fmc351
Nah, I go to another forum that is designed for the purpose of flaming, drunk threads and random nonsense.
ls1.com.au?

1964 Mini Cooper S Historic Group Nb Touring car

2024 Subaru Outback Touring XT

Victorian Hill Climb Championship
Grippy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-10-2010, 11:10 PM   #36
Iggypoppin'
Chasing a FORD project!

Pro drinking you say? Got nothin on me
Game. Reinvented.

1996 BMW 740iL V8. TV, phone, leather, sunroof, satnav, all as standard. Now with 19" TSW Brooklands, 2 1/2" stainless steel exhaust, plus more coming soon.
Iggypoppin' is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-10-2010, 11:17 PM   #37
Road Games

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Replacement. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grippy
ls1.com.au?
Nah Boostcruising ... utter crap that place ....
Road Games is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-10-2010, 11:24 PM   #38
grandpa_spec_F6
AFF Whore

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAZZLER351
Do you study Math ?
My missus teaches there ....
Nah I'm an IT student, the closest I get to maths is IP addresses and some random command line stuff in unix.

In relation to drunken posting, im sure that if I asked Mr Hardware, he would assert I spew utter crap both on and off the forums... alcohol being irrelevant in this instance.

Edit: Boost cruising has it's moments, but on the whole I steer clear of the 15somethingswhojustfoundtheirdadscarkeys rodents that infest that place.
My GMC Sierra is banned under Victoria's high powered vehicle laws, and its a 4082kg apartment complex on wheels.
Current Ride: Not a falcon, the struggle is real
grandpa_spec_F6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-10-2010, 11:27 PM   #39
Road Games

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Replacement. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by grandpa_spec_au
Nah I'm an IT student, the closest I get to maths is IP addresses and some random command line stuff in unix.

In relation to drunken posting, im sure that if I asked Mr Hardware, he would assert I spew utter crap both on and off the forums... alcohol being irrelevant in this instance.

Edit: Boost cruising has it's moments, but on the whole I steer clear of the 15somethingswhojustfoundtheirdadscarkeys rodents that infest that place.
Oh well never mind ...
Old 27-10-2010, 10:49 PM   #40
Riksta
Captain Malcolm Reynolds

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iggypoppin'
Pro drinking you say? Got nothin on me
How's the tequila?

Drunk Naish was definitely drunk tonight!
Originally Posted by Nikked
Riksta likes VN's so much, he has the ashes of a VN in a jar on the mantle piece, a vile of VN engine oil hanging from his neck and a BT1 build plate locked up in a safe, buried under 6ft of concrete.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Day-mow
pretty much what has happened here is i trolled you. and it was fun.
Riksta is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-10-2010, 11:35 PM   #41
fmc351
let it burn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grippy
ls1.com.au?
Ha! good answer but no I was being serious, a forum where very little is ever deleted, and very little is not allowed. Sadly the last few years have seen it decline though, it used to be good for a laugh, now its full of console gaymers.

I love me some good shenanigans.
fmc351 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-10-2010, 12:22 AM   #42
Road Games

Cool

Quote:
Ha! good answer but no I was being serious, a forum where very little is ever deleted, and very little is not allowed. Sadly the last few years have seen it decline though, it used to be good for a laugh, now its full of console gaymers.

Me too, do tell .....
Old 28-10-2010, 08:46 PM   #43
Riksta
Captain Malcolm Reynolds

Quote:
I did too back in the day before it closed down. Thursday night was ladies night and they'd get cheap drinks, I'd go there with a lady friend of mine, give her cash and tell her to buy my drinks for me, so cheap and I'd get so drunk!!!

Work the next day was not fun when you'd been drinking til 3am and started at 8:30am!
Riksta likes VN's so much, he has the ashes of a VN in a jar on the mantle piece, a vile of VN engine oil hanging from his neck and a BT1 build plate locked up in a safe, buried under 6ft of concrete.
Quote:
This user likes this post:
Old 29-10-2010, 11:39 PM   #44
Riksta
Captain Malcolm Reynolds

OK, since its Friday night and I'm having a couple of beverages, I thought I would share what I really used to be like on the booze.

Back in about 2005, I had an outlet for my drunken antics. It was an American podcast called Audiocrush, which was basically from the grouphug.us website. There were four guys who would sit and talk garbage which was usually really funny, and they had a line you could call to make anonymous confessions (since that's what the grouphug.us website was all about). Now, there were a few people who became regulars, calling in and not leaving confessions, but leaving cool messages. They became the show's unofficial "correspondents" if you like.

So guess who the token Australian correspondent was?

I made two features on the podcast, one in episode 13, and one in episode 16, as well as being mentioned in a few of the others (without actually being played).

I am working very hard now to get my appearances uploaded for you to all enjoy, and to get a good insight into drunken Riksta. And then you shall all know, as the world did back then when I announced it, what colour the traffic lights are!
Quote:
Old 30-10-2010, 12:04 AM   #45
Riksta
Captain Malcolm Reynolds

Alright, here you go. Warning that these weren't censored in the day so the "F" word does get used, so if that's going to offend, please don't listen to them.

First appearance: http://riksta.net/files/RikstaOnAC.mp3

Second appearance: http://riksta.net/files/RikstaACInterview.mp3

You may need to right click these links and save as if your browser can't stream MP3.

ENJOY! COZ RIKSTA FROM AUSTRALIA IS PAZZA! (well, not tonight, but back then I was!)
Quote:
Old 30-10-2010, 12:31 AM   #46
WMD351
Size it up

Rep to you mate for giving us a very good example of where we don't want to end up.
On a side note, did you end up pulling off the thirty dates in thirty days?
WMD351 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-10-2010, 12:58 AM   #47
Riksta
Captain Malcolm Reynolds

Well that's a big question isn't it!

The answer is no. I did the announcement, advertised it fairly heavily on the forums I was on at the time as well as my MySpace account (no longer active), then pulled it at the last minute when I actually realised how futile and stupid it actually was. The whole thing was practically a revenge stunt aimed at a certain female anyway, and in the end I decided it would just be easier to can the whole thing.

And yeah, it is a place a lot of people don't want to end up, at the time the drunken antics were a lot of fun back in the day, I don't drink like I used to anymore though. Tonight I've had about four beers just chilling, if this was about five years ago, it would have been a hell of a lot more.

A few years ago, this is what I classed as a quiet night in with a couple of friends:

And for those of you who listened to the first link I posted, here are the Chernobyls:

I look back now at what got me out of the drinking lifestyle, and to tell the truth, it was buying the AU, signing up on here, meeting people into cars, and cruising. I ended up starting to cruise Friday & Saturday nights instead of going out drinking. Before I got into the car scene, it was straight to the pub after work on a Friday night, home at 3-4am, then to a mate's place Saturday arvo for more drinks usually followed by going out drinking heavily Saturday night. Since I am very anti driving while under the influence, it meant no alcohol if I wanted to cruise, and cruising took over my drinking. So I guess AFF did have a positive part to play in my life progression!

That being said, I still love a bevvy every now and then when the car keys are safely away!
Quote:
Old 30-10-2010, 01:30 AM   #48
Spudz27
Call me Spud

I used to on other forums. However as I drink maybe 2 beers a year if I am lucky these days it isn't really an issue. I used to love drinking and having a good time, and don't tell my mrs this, but she is a wet blanket and does not know fun, so she won't drink with me also having kids changes your attitude a little. These days 2 beers is drunk for me lol.
Spudz27 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-10-2010, 02:08 AM   #49
Riksta
Captain Malcolm Reynolds

Quote:
Originally Posted by EDfutura25
I used to on other forums.
Did you have less respect for those forums than you do for AFF now?

In all honesty, the stuff I used to get up to in the forum links I have provided previously would never get done on AFF no matter how drunk I get, purely because of the respect I have for this forum and what I get out of being a member here.
Quote:
Old 30-10-2010, 02:34 AM   #50
Spudz27
Call me Spud

Well it has been years, but if I were to act the same now AFF would be a no go zone same as the model forum I frequent, mainly due to the amount of different people on here. On a gaming forum you can get away with it because we're all doing it lol.
Spudz27 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-10-2010, 03:06 AM   #51
Riksta
Captain Malcolm Reynolds

Quote:
Originally Posted by EDfutura25
On a gaming forum you can get away with it because we're all doing it lol.
LOL I guess that's true. Gamers + alcohol = epic win.

In fact we used to have a bloke who would organise the "12 Pubs Of Christmas" pub crawl for all us gamers to go out, get drunk, and raise money for underprivileged kids. Which we used to love to do, Santa hats and all. Same guy was Irish and used to organise "12 Pubs of Guinness" on St Patricks day but that's a moot point :P

Needless to say none of those pub crawls happen anymore :(
Quote:
Old 30-10-2010, 04:34 PM   #52
Iggypoppin'
Chasing a FORD project!

Only just held off posting last night on AFF. I was really lashed, our usual Friday night avoca hotel antics spiralled once again out of control. And I'm out $120 and feeling shocking!!
Game. Reinvented.

1996 BMW 740iL V8. TV, phone, leather, sunroof, satnav, all as standard. Now with 19" TSW Brooklands, 2 1/2" stainless steel exhaust, plus more coming soon.
Old 30-10-2010, 04:47 PM   #53
Bucknaked
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJM83
I dont come near the forums if ive had a couple of beers, but ive recently reduced my intake by about 70% so it really isnt an issue
2 pot screamer?

I always have a few quiet rums on a Friday or Saturday night. Sometimes both. Hmmmm. Might have one now. Thanks for the advice.
Bucknaked is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-10-2010, 04:56 PM   #54
Mickxr8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iggypoppin'
Only just held off posting last night on AFF. I was really lashed, our usual Friday night avoca hotel antics spiralled once again out of control. And I'm out $120 and feeling shocking!!
with ya on that one
had a few "sherbets" last night then went surfing the `net` .
one that works for me (most of the time) is typing crud out but saving it on the
desktop and the next morning, read it and either post or delete .
(needless to say but 80% gets deleted )
Old 30-10-2010, 06:52 PM   #55
Iggypoppin'
Chasing a FORD project!

I was sitting at the pub, on this page, thumb hovering over the keys, contemplating a massive post about how I was feeling.
Then someone bought tequila shots and I forgot all about AFF.
Game. Reinvented.

Old 30-10-2010, 07:15 PM   #56
Blem
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Splash down

Well it's after 5 so I'm gonna have a port, a crownie & take my kids in the pool for a swim. Got our indoor pool running @ 29degs.
Splaash
Blem is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-10-2010, 08:25 PM   #57
Riksta
Captain Malcolm Reynolds

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blem
Well it's after 5 so I'm gonna have a port, a crownie & take my kids in the pool for a swim. Got our indoor pool running @ 29degs.
Splaash
So what time are we rocking up for the party?
Quote:
Old 30-10-2010, 08:30 PM   #58
Blem
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riksta
So what time are we rocking up for the party?
We moved to the Adelaide hills to get away from you varmits
Blem is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-10-2010, 08:42 PM   #59
Iggypoppin'
Chasing a FORD project!

Powderfinger ftw. Getting drunk again so expect a tipsy post
Game. Reinvented.

Old 01-11-2010, 07:56 PM   #60
kinksta
Luxojet

Had some mates go to the powdy concert. I was at the Gilbert buying my gf cocktails, then onto the ridiculously price Apple! $19 Johnnie Black Double on the rocks!
kinksta is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post