Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 05-02-2007, 11:03 PM   #31
ebxr8240
Performance moderator

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Always willing to help out with technical advice. 

The people that own these pieces of junk [Pimp my ride] let them get in this condition in the first place..
I wander what they look like in 2 years time??
Dart 330ci block turbo black pearl EBXR8 482 rwkw..
Daily driver GTE FG..
Projects http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?t=107711
http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthr...8+turbo&page=4
ebxr8240 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-02-2007, 11:09 PM   #32
Tony xa
Streetrides panel & paint

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Tonys qualified advice on paint and panel is always very good 

Quote:
Originally Posted by El_Poochino
American Hot Rod is a drama, there is always somthing bad going down. But for the timeframe Boydd does put out some nice work.

Foose used to work under Boydd, then they fell out, from what I understand.

Foose cars are beautiful.

Pimp my ride? Bah, ugly things. Well not so much ugly, just zero practability. They know it's gonna be a daily, and little respect for there car. Yet they go put moniters everywhere and turn it into a showcar. 'Winners' probally buy another car and garage there 'pimp' ride. The UK crew understands that... somewhat.

Mark Evans is cool, with his '... is born' series. And wheeler dealers is a goodun too.
Foose was a partner more than under him .I think foose leaving sent boyde under the first time
Tony xa is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-02-2007, 11:14 PM   #33
Night Runner
- V8 ENTHUSIAST -

Wink

To be fair on Pimp My Ride, although the tackiness of them is pretty poor and the quality is crap it is called Pimp My Ride, not "Restore My Ride". All they're doing is tacking a POS and fixing it up a little, not turn it into a Sema winner. That being said, if I found out my car was in their hands I'd be over there like a flash. :
ebxr made a good point, all the cars are rubbish to begin with......makes you almost think Pimp My Ride get stuck into them a bit to make them (typical Americans) over the top in a cheesy fashion. 98% of those cars would fail a WOF, even from the dodgiest of places.

Boyd's cars IMO are crap. That's the main reason Charlie left, too much of a rush and he admitted several times while he was there that they rush their jobs and he could never give his 100%. He said the cars that were leaving the shop were OK but from his best.....Boyds money hungry and wants all the jobs he can get even if it means sending out rushed cars, over working his team and getting a bad name in the industry. That's all his shows are about -"making the deadline", definitely not the way a professional restoration/custom outfit should operate. Working for Foose will allow Charlie to work at his own speed in turn getting the best results.

He needs to see a walking therapist too....that Charlie Chaplin walk is getting old.
Old 05-02-2007, 11:21 PM   #34
Ford_Boy
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebxr8240
The people that own these pieces of junk [Pimp my ride] let them get in this condition in the first place..
I wander what they look like in 2 years time??
i wonder the same thing somtimes. i mean i remember watching an episode and the guy said how his car was broken in and keyed several times. how on earth could he protect his car when its got moniters everywhere and big as chrome wheels

another episode they put a clothes steamer in a trams am boot, they recked a great muscle car.

also i feel sorry for the guy that had his back seats taken up by a massive sub woofer and painted a really dull black. new cars should be nice and shiney. what a flp that car was.

i would rather a nice shiney car with nice chrome wheels, a good engines and if they really wanted a moniter then one that flips down for the back passengers.
Old 05-02-2007, 11:24 PM   #35
Ford_Boy
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by sfr rob
hey Dwayne, i watched that one yesterday,, i laughed my *** off when i saw them attack the springs with an angle grinder.. the thing that really gave me the shites was how much the guy didnt appreciate it.. he kept saying that he was getting rid of it etc etc.

they can bring this show downunder and i would gladly let them take my XB "without" my knowing and have there way with it.. i can act all suprised and stuff too if they want

i couldnt believe that man. even if he was thinking about getting rid of it he shouldnt have said anything. i would have just freaked out and kissed them all. it looked awsome and that engine was a beast.
i wasnt too impressed with the interior i would have preferd the old school look and if i was foose i would have painted it a nicer yellow because maybe it was yellow because thats what the guy wanted ( i didnt get to see the start so maybe he wanted black)