Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > OzECruisers (E/N/D Series) > OzECruisers General Discussions

OzECruisers General Discussions E/N/D vehicles General Discussion ONLY. NO TECH THREADS

Closed Thread

Old 05-02-2008, 04:00 PM   #31
ernie21
Force Fed Fords

Sven if you like boosted so much then why are you here. If all you want to do is try and stir then you might as well leave now.

Any problems PM me
Old 05-02-2008, 04:16 PM   #32
LTDHO
The one and only

Quote:
Originally Posted by ernie21
Sven if you like boosted so much then why are you here. If
It is possible to be an active member of both!

I see Sven's points but asJJR8 said, things change.
Other cars include Dynamic ED Sprint, Dynamic DL LTD, Sparkling Burgundy DL LTD, Yellow, Red & Blue XB sedan & Black XB Coupe
Old 05-02-2008, 04:23 PM   #33
sven

I am on boosted. and left here ages ago. if you check my stats i hadnt posted here in bout 6 months. i just thought i'd give my opinion because when i was on AFF they were good to me and thougth i'd help out a little. my opinion is charging for people to attend cruises is rediculous.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sven
What else is included with the $20. I would like to know where my money was going if i was to pay it. And if the club isnt part of CAMS Affiliated yet why are you asking for money now?? Why not when it actually happens??
ernie21 are you a mod here??? you've only done 25 posts in 18months so i doubt you are a mod. stirring?? you're "stirring" by trying to arc me up by telling me to leave. i'm not stirring i asked a simple question and made a statement on how i believe OEC can improve there site, along with my opinion. if you can (which you must be able to since your telling me to pm you) how bout you answer my above question here so everyone that doesnt like the $20 knows what they could get and where they money goes if they are an affiliate of CAMS. if your not a mod then why would i pm you??
Old 05-02-2008, 04:28 PM   #34
sven

Quote:
Originally Posted by BradensEBxr6
How can people claim they have been involved here for years, this club isn't even 6 months old yet. The old club here was deleted and this is a whole new section so to speak.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JJR8
everyone claims this is all new blah blah blah, if it was a fresh start then all the 'E-Series Owners Club' posts would have been moved elsewhere.
I have to agree here braden, sorry
Old 05-02-2008, 04:29 PM   #35
DJL351
XR & FPV Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by LTDHO
I can not see why not. As long as you play by the rules of the site you're on at the time.

Quote:
I see Sven's points but asJJR8 said, things change.
I don't. I've checked out the other site, glad they're gone really as there is a lot less random and pointless stuff posted.

Also, the lack of respect some of them have is plain horrible.
Choosing not to install a turbo on your E-series, or not lowering it so it becomes un-usable does not make you some sort of lower life form.

D
2005 BF GT (6sp manual - Build #183)
2015 SZ MkII Territory Titanium
2016.75 LZ Focus Sport

Quote:
probably the stupidist post on aff - congrats
Quote:
Originally Posted by flappist
There was once a time when every young man in this country was familiar with firearms and many owned them privately along with a stock of ammo and some bush gear.

Now the best we can hope for is to unfriend them on facebook then SMS their commanders with !!!1!!!!!!11!1!! and then finally plank a tank.......
Old 05-02-2008, 04:32 PM   #36
Nikked
Oo\===/oO

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Long time member, loves Fords, sensible contributor and does some good and interesting posts. 

Quote:
What else is included with the $20. I would like to know where my money was going if i was to pay it. And if the club isnt part of CAMS Affiliated yet why are you asking for money now?? Why not when it actually happens??

How do you expect to get new members, or people that have been on AFF for a while, to pay $20 to attend cruises when they dont know what OzECruisers cruises will be like??

Also clubs such as OTHERS have FREE membership and FREE cruises. Along with having ALL of the knowledge from the old E-Series club that was here on AFF.

The E-Series section of AFF isnt growing anywhere near the rate of OTHER CLUBS and it will stay that way if people here dont wise up.

Now i know you'll probably delete some or all of this for talking up OTHER CLUBS but i'm just giving my opinion. Their technical knowledge, cruises, mini-meets and the web site in general are just superior to OEC.
I hear ya, i tend to use AFF for non-E-series stuff, for the fact that OTHER CLUBS has more quality cars, owners and knowladge.

Check out my Photo-chop page

T...I...C...K...F...O...R...D
\≡≡T≡≡/

Last edited by EA2BA; 05-02-2008 at 04:41 PM.
Old 05-02-2008, 04:36 PM   #37
DJL351
XR & FPV Owner

Quote:
my opinion is charging for people to attend cruises is rediculous.
The cost is a simple Membership....... they are not charging for each event.

Quote:
how bout you answer my above question here so everyone that doesnt like the $20 knows what they could get and where they money goes if they are an affiliate of CAMS. if your not a mod then why would i pm you??
The $20 helps the club register the Constitution for one. A document that must be lodged with the Government and costs money.

Being a proper club, there are adminisrtator/administration costs to cover.

CAMS is also a big part of it. Having cover for their members is not cheap but important in this day and age.
2016.75 LZ Focus Sport

Quote:
Quote:
There was once a time when every young man in this country was familiar with firearms and many owned them privately along with a stock of ammo and some bush gear.

Now the best we can hope for is to unfriend them on facebook then SMS their commanders with !!!1!!!!!!11!1!! and then finally plank a tank.......
Old 05-02-2008, 04:41 PM   #38
EA2BA
PM me if you want

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikked
I hear ya, i tend to use AFF for non-E-series stuff, for the fact that OTHER CLUBS has more quality cars, owners and knowladge.
That is matter of opinion I think.

Send me a PM if you want to know anything

2010 Ford Ranger PK High Rider (Auto) - 2011 Ford Fiesta (Auto)
Old 05-02-2008, 04:43 PM   #39
sven

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJL351
I don't. I've checked out the other site, glad they're gone really as there is a lot less random and pointless stuff posted.

Also, the lack of respect some of them have is plain horrible.
Choosing not to install a turbo on your E-series, or not lowering it so it becomes un-usable does not make you some sort of lower life form.
I cant say i've ever not been respected and neither of my ED's have ever been turbo. And i've never seen anyone not get the respect they deserve by not having a lowered car. They might post a pic and someone suggests to lower it but thats where it stops. If you're going to make such accusations you need to provide proof with them.

And no comment about your "Hahahahahaha knowledge........ yeah right!" comment DJL351??

You obviously havent seen the caliber of people on ************* with respect to both of the above comments. I'm not bagging OEC, its just my opinion.
Old 05-02-2008, 04:44 PM   #40
DJL351
XR & FPV Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikked
Boosted/E-series has more quality cars, owners and knowladge.
Explain!?!? Quality? In what way? I've seen some real questionable 'mods', as well as some stuff that could only be called illegal.

As for the knowledge claim..... I don't think so. There are just as many knowledgeable people here as there are there.
2016.75 LZ Focus Sport

Quote:
Quote:

Old 05-02-2008, 04:47 PM   #41
sven

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJL351
The cost is a simple Membership....... they are not charging for each event.

The $20 helps the club register the Constitution for one. A document that must be lodged with the Government and costs money.

Being a proper club, there are adminisrtator/administration costs to cover.

CAMS is also a big part of it. Having cover for their members is not cheap but important in this day and age.
If you answered this if your first post you would have saved a lot of time woulnt you?? Thanks for the info.

I still believe though the optional donations is the only way OEC will really grow as a club. I'm sure new people to the site will hear of other sites like Boosted and and their free cruises and membership.
Old 05-02-2008, 04:47 PM   #42
EA2BA
PM me if you want

This thread is not about a slanging match of who is better then who, if it cannot be kept on topic I will close it, plain and simple.

If you don't like that then send me a PM I am a MOD of this section.

Old 05-02-2008, 04:51 PM   #43
Laminge
Cuban... nothing like it

Quote:
I am member of several forums, I dont tell the other sites or clubs how they should be run, thats the choice of the committee elect, if I dont like a rule then I will express my views constructively not rant on like fool.

If our little arrogant mates want to play games and come back for some fun, I invite them to do so but they will get a swift IP Banning, they deserve, no hesitation.

That goes for those that haven't posted for some time and think now they have the right to run the clubs direction, don't even start, or in some cases here continue further.

It doesn't take much to be constructive, however it is normally reserved for those with a full set of chromosomes I'm afraid.
Old 05-02-2008, 04:54 PM   #44
sven

Laminge as i said in my first post AFF was good to me when i was here and thats why i'm giving my opinion on how to improve the site.

I believe optional donations is a way to help OEC grow as a club rather than a compulsory $20 so you can get cruise information.
Old 05-02-2008, 04:56 PM   #45
Laminge
Cuban... nothing like it

Quote:
Laminge as i said in my first post AFF was good to me when i was here and thats why i'm giving my opinion on how to improve the site.

I believe optional donations is a way to help OEC grow as a club rather than a compulsory $20 so you can get cruise information.
Thats fair enough, there is a fine line between discussion and arrogance, I for one fall into the latter, a benefit of being an admin.
Old 05-02-2008, 04:57 PM   #46
EA2BA
PM me if you want

Quote:

At present cruisers are member only material, there will be open cruisers as well, the club is just forming as the appointed cruise coordinator this is an area i will be working on, feel free to post up your ideas, or send them to me in a PM if you wish. All constructive input is helpful.

Old 05-02-2008, 05:00 PM   #47
FordACE
Fast Ford to the Future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laminge
I am member of several forums, I dont tell the other sites or clubs how they should be run, thats the choice of the committee elect, if I dont like a rule then I will express my views constructively not rant on like fool.

If our little arrogant mates want to play games and come back for some fun, I invite them to do so but they will get a swift IP Banning, they deserve, no hesitation.

That goes for those that haven't posted for some time and think now they have the right to run the clubs direction, don't even start, or in some cases here continue further.

It doesn't take much to be constructive, however it is normally reserved for those with a full set of chromosomes I'm afraid.
This would have to be one of the more sensible things said in this thread. As others have said, this is a new club, we don't need arrogant, pedantic or cynical people ruining it for the people that want a relaxed club that members will feel comfortable being a part of.
Old 05-02-2008, 05:03 PM   #48
russellw
Chairman & Administrator
Donating Member3

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: Raptor: For Continued, and prolonged service to the wider Ford Community 

Another storm in a tea cup.

The simple facts are:

1. The club administration determined that the events section should remain available to members only. The reasons for this includedthe hijacking of a number of those threads by people associated with other forums.

2. The area will be likely replaced by a single non posting events calendar that will be publicly visible.

3. Such decisions for all duly incorporated clubs are for each club to make - this is not the only club on this site to keep those details for their members only.

Discussions of the merits of other clubs/forums is outside the scope of this thread and will be deleted.

No one is forced to join but if you don't wish to them you have little grounds for whining about stuff you can't see. This site will retain public areas for the series as it does for other series but club specific discussions will be dealt with as the members and committee see fit.

End of story.

Russ

Observatio Facta Rotae

Old 05-02-2008, 05:51 PM   #49
Aaron_EF8
Oops, I slipped....

Quote:
Originally Posted by MotherNature
I must say that most who have a problem with this are thinking that this club is only about cruises. There is nothing further from the truth.
So 'Oz eCruisers' has nothing at all to do with cruises? Maybe that is where a big part of the whole problem is arising. When I shop at Tyrepower, it's a pretty good guess the main reason will be about tyres.

If $20 is nothing, give me $20 then! :P

1984 XE S-Pack 250 Sno White - LPG - Single Rail - 2.5" Exhaust

"Just because you don't understand something, does not make it wrong"

Old 05-02-2008, 06:01 PM   #50
ernie21
Force Fed Fords

Sven the reason I said to pm me was so that we didn't start a which club is better argument. I personally have no problem with boosted but I chose to be here and being that its a new club which has had the answers for the membership fee answered many times now. It just seems to me that you were trying to stir people up.

If that isn't what you were doing thats fine. Anyway i'm not going to get into this anymore but if you want to see the cruises then join, otherwise don't complain if you dont want to support the club.
Old 05-02-2008, 06:03 PM   #51
MotherNatureVer2
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

It was never stated the we didnt do cruises. It was stated that this is not the only thing we do.

I find it quiet funny that a lot of people who have not used these forums for a long time all of a sudden seem to have popped into this thread, bit like old times isnt it.

The option is simple in my mind. You want to become a member or you dont ........ its that easy. The constitution and by laws are available to be read publicly they clearly state what we are about.

What we want to have, as far as activities, is up the the membership, not those who have no other wish than to stir the pot yet again.
Old 05-02-2008, 06:08 PM   #52
Nostalgia
LOW AND SLOW

Just to clarify something: Cruisers and Cruises sound the same but have different meanings. I advise those without the ability to decifer between the two to look it up in a dictionary. My wife likes Vodka Cruisers. This does not mean that she drinks and drives. :
Old 05-02-2008, 06:14 PM   #53
MADED-6
MADED.6

so does this mean we are not welcome at cruises coz we arent paying for this site.
and braden do u live by urself with a car loan and bills and all the rest of it.
it doesnt bother me that it went to this coz i dont attend that many cruises anyway but its the fact that me being just a normal member of aff didnt even no that this was happening i just noticed the cruise section gone.
i mean all u had to do is make a thread saying going to private section for cruises have to be a member to see.

cheers josh.

Last edited by russellw; 05-02-2008 at 06:25 PM. Reason: Same again
Old 05-02-2008, 06:15 PM   #54
Aaron_EF8
Oops, I slipped....

Quote:
I must say that most who have a problem with this are thinking that this club is only about cruises. There is nothing further from the truth.
Quote:
It was never stated the we didnt do cruises. It was stated that this is not the only thing we do.
'Nothing could be further from the truth' is exactly the same as saying 'that is a blatant lie'. As I said above, one would assume a club with the name Oz eCruisers' would be based in Australia (Oz for shortened slang) be based on E-Series (E, without actually saying that dirty series word) and Cruisers, which means people who go on cruisers. Perhaps that is where the problem lies.

Please don't put everyone asking a question into the same pot. It's obvious some people in this thread are stirring the pot. I'm asking questions, and pointing out obvious mistakes, as I need to find a CAMS-affiliated car club (to gain a C4 CAMS Licence) which I originally assumed AFF/oEc is a part of. I apologise for my mistake.

Old 05-02-2008, 06:21 PM   #55
Nostalgia
LOW AND SLOW

FFS. The Cars are the Cruisers. They get driven on Cruises. Spelling and meaning of the word are both different.
Old 05-02-2008, 06:25 PM   #56
russellw
Chairman & Administrator
Donating Member3

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: Raptor: For Continued, and prolonged service to the wider Ford Community 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MADED-6
so does this mean we are not welcome at cruises coz we arent paying for this site.
it doesnt bother me that it went to this coz i dont attend that many cruises anyway but its the fact that me being just a normal member of aff didnt even no that this was happening i just noticed the cruise section gone.
i mean all u had to do is make a thread saying going to private section for cruises have to be a member to see.
cheers josh.
Are you being deliberately obtuse? It was made quite clear in my post above that there will be public information about cruise events but it will not be a thread that can be posted in except by the people permitted to do so. How that translates into not being welcome at cruises is frankly beyond me but perhaps you'd care to enlighten us?

Russ

Observatio Facta Rotae

Old 05-02-2008, 06:26 PM   #57
wicksy
Just a bogan VF SS driver

lol wat a funny thread i thought bout joining up but i decided against it only coz i wont be joining cruises coz no one frm aff is in mackay so i joined the local ford club here
Old 05-02-2008, 06:28 PM   #58
Aaron_EF8
Oops, I slipped....

Quote:
Originally Posted by nostalgEA
FFS. The Cars are the Cruisers. They get driven on Cruises. Spelling and meaning of the word are both different.
We all know what a cruise is right? Now, someone who participates is known as a cruiser, when there is more than one of them, the word becomes a plural, and as we all learn in yr2 English, the end word is 'cruisers'.

As a similar example of yr2 english, a person who plays cricket is known as a 'cricketer'. When a group of said people are together, they are generally known as 'cricketers'.

Swear at me again if you believe I am wrong. I don't think the point of oEc is to get together to drink cruisers

Old 05-02-2008, 07:00 PM   #59
EA2BA
PM me if you want

Quote:
Originally Posted by wicksy
lol wat a funny thread i thought bout joining up but i decided against it only coz i wont be joining cruises coz no one frm aff is in mackay so i joined the local ford club here
That is your choice and anybody else who would also like to make the choice to join other forums/clubs then feel welcome, we hope to address the lack of members in regional areas, so please do keep an eye on the OzEC section of the forums.

Note that is OzEC not Oec for the Record.

Old 05-02-2008, 07:12 PM   #60
MADED-6
MADED.6

RusselW did i say anywhere that we arent alowed on cruises i simply asked if we are welcome.
so the answer is yes thank you that was hard.
and i will still come on this website not going on a cruise doesnt bother me that much as i said but the fact its a big in secret is wat gets to me.
i mean its spose to be a 'CLUB' and u dont even let us no that u want us toi sign up to see parts of the site.
cheers josh.

Last edited by MotherNatureVer2; 05-02-2008 at 07:19 PM. Reason: Dont evade the swear filter
Closed Thread