Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > OzECruisers (E/N/D Series) > OzECruisers General Discussions

OzECruisers General Discussions E/N/D vehicles General Discussion ONLY. NO TECH THREADS

Old 01-11-2006, 09:06 PM   #31
Jason[98.EL]
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

hehe i find it funny

sorry cranners

you guys are going on about how craped of you all are about needing to replace a head gasket

i cant wait to have to replace mine then i can put a reco head on it

then i can get a cam and other work done

sorry again cranners

jason

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Jason[98.EL] is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-11-2006, 09:09 PM   #32
Damo
Banned

so you need to blow a headgasket to add a aftermarket cam and get the head worked. That must be were i'm going wrong.
Damo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-11-2006, 09:12 PM   #33
Jason[98.EL]
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

cant get a cam for my engine without spending biiiiig bucks just on the cam

i have the hybrid motor with the funny rocker gear

jason

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Jason[98.EL] is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-11-2006, 09:14 PM   #34
jason_85

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damo
so you need to blow a headgasket to add a aftermarket cam and get the head worked. That must be were i'm going wrong.
just a good excuse to tell your mrs!
jason_85 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-11-2006, 09:29 PM   #35
Polyal
The 'Stihl' Man
Donating Member2

Mate dont take the thing to a mechanic unless its a good tuning place, they will rape you! It happened to me with my first EA, paid nearly $1500 all up to get alot of crap replaced.

Find a new head, talk to FTG, surely they have a XR one laying about!
  • 1999 Lexus IS200 - 1G-FE Turbo 6MT
  • 1973 ZF Ford Fairlane
Polyal is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-11-2006, 09:31 PM   #36
snypereb
[EBGLT]

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech article(s) 

Forgot to say thanks for bringing the milk last night paul! lol Sorry mate that sucks!

Become an E-Series Owners Club Member Today!
http://eseries.com.au/index.php/membership/
snypereb is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-11-2006, 09:39 PM   #37
crannersEL
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by snypereb
Forgot to say thanks for bringing the milk last night paul! lol Sorry mate that sucks!
Chocolate milk for all, i got some awesome pics of the oil cap lid!
crannersEL is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-11-2006, 09:42 PM   #38
Damo
Banned

you should have just driven it to the mechanic paul, it was allready ******. :P
Damo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-11-2006, 09:44 PM   #39
crannersEL
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damo
you should have just driven it to the mechanic paul, it was allready ******. :P
Nah i was advised not to start it again, plus i would of had to stop every 5K's to re fill the water.

Tow trucks are cool when they are free too :1syellow1
Old 01-11-2006, 09:56 PM   #40
hmc 'mont
ELMONTY

so how much is it to replace a head gasket??
Old 01-11-2006, 11:07 PM   #41
XR6TickfordBoy
Now XR8TickfordBoy

Ive heard all these $1500+ quotes, my first car was an EA and had a gasket and cost $900 something. Not a cheap fix. Smart move would be AU/XR heads as im sure it'd be money better spent.
EF XR8- Respray in Monza Red with Clear Coat, Custom Rear Bar, AU V8, EL GT MAF, Rebuilt and Strengthened Auto with Stage 2 Shift Kit, 2,500RPM Stallie and tranny cooler, Rebuilt Diff with 4.11 Gears, Custom Radiator, King Ultra Lows, Pedders Shocks, NL Concorde Rims.
XR6TickfordBoy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-11-2006, 11:45 PM   #42
blownba
LPG Forum Moderator

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: For all his assistance helping members with their LPG issues. 

Hey paul can you please tell me where you are getting this head job done??? Cause I need one bad. You said it was in the best hands ever thats good cause I need good hands for mine too. You see I don't trust mine to just anyone I need someone who can be gentle to it and talk to it and make it feel good about itself. I would be willing to pay good money too I don't care as long as this place is good. heheheheheheheheheheheheheheheheheheheh
Nah seriously how much did this cockhead say it'll cost??? 1500!!!!!! **** thats a rip off I could get a boss engine fitted for that much.
Don't do it mate. This guy sounds like a rip off artist. I bet he doesn't even know what he's doin. Bring it to me mate Ive got a sick garden shed in my back yard fully decked out. Ill do it for ya and i'll charge ya half of what hes chargin. And the extra dirt and **** I let fall into your motor will be no extra charge O.K.
blownba is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-11-2006, 11:54 PM   #43
FRDXR6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by blownba
Hey paul can you please tell me where you are getting this head job done??? Cause I need one bad. You said it was in the best hands ever thats good cause I need good hands for mine too. You see I don't trust mine to just anyone I need someone who can be gentle to it and talk to it and make it feel good about itself. I would be willing to pay good money too I don't care as long as this place is good. heheheheheheheheheheheheheheheheheheheh
Nah seriously how much did this cockhead say it'll cost??? 1500!!!!!! **** thats a rip off I could get a boss engine fitted for that much.
Don't do it mate. This guy sounds like a rip off artist. I bet he doesn't even know what he's doin. Bring it to me mate Ive got a sick garden shed in my back yard fully decked out. Ill do it for ya and i'll charge ya half of what hes chargin. And the extra dirt and **** I let fall into your motor will be no extra charge O.K.

Few too many beers tonight before you hopped on ff.com.au? :

The $1500 was just a random price a few people had heard mechanics charge people not what he's paying....
FRDXR6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-11-2006, 12:11 AM   #44
JTFG
In a Ford..at last!

lol can't wait for the reply :P
JTFG is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-11-2006, 12:25 AM   #45
blownba
LPG Forum Moderator

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: For all his assistance helping members with their LPG issues. 

nah no come back for that hes right on the money.lolololololol
Old 02-11-2006, 12:35 AM   #46
JTFG
In a Ford..at last!

oh well there goes the excitment of my night :P
JTFG is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-11-2006, 12:44 AM   #47
XR6TickfordBoy
Now XR8TickfordBoy

Clearly he's passed out!!!!
EF XR8- Respray in Monza Red with Clear Coat, Custom Rear Bar, AU V8, EL GT MAF, Rebuilt and Strengthened Auto with Stage 2 Shift Kit, 2,500RPM Stallie and tranny cooler, Rebuilt Diff with 4.11 Gears, Custom Radiator, King Ultra Lows, Pedders Shocks, NL Concorde Rims.
XR6TickfordBoy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-11-2006, 10:45 AM   #48
crannersEL
Banned

Quote:
I'll hook you up with this blokes number mate, for when the BlownBa blows its turbo :hihi: :
Old 02-11-2006, 11:53 AM   #49
blownba
LPG Forum Moderator

lololololol thats good. cant wait thanks.
Old 02-11-2006, 11:54 AM   #50
crannersEL
Banned

Quote:
lololololol thats good. cant wait thanks.
How are you on the net at work mate?
Old 02-11-2006, 01:34 PM   #51
crannersEL
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by snypereb
And just for you Shaun,

Old 02-11-2006, 07:41 PM   #52
blownba
LPG Forum Moderator

we have all sorts of wonderfull technology at my work man...
Old 02-11-2006, 10:09 PM   #53
Sundeep
Banned

I've done 2 headgaskets in the past year on 2 different cars. One I did myself, and cost $60 and took 6 hours from starting to starting. It would've cost about $35 less if it was just the head gasket and not the gasket set. The car's still going after over-heating and being taken to 5500RPM weekly!

Cheapest head gasket record was set by me and Doug 2 years or so ago... $26 for a standard EB gasket whacked in in a day.

Sundeep
Sundeep is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-11-2006, 12:37 AM   #54
blownba
LPG Forum Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundeep
I've done 2 headgaskets in the past year on 2 different cars. One I did myself, and cost $60 and took 6 hours from starting to starting. It would've cost about $35 less if it was just the head gasket and not the gasket set. The car's still going after over-heating and being taken to 5500RPM weekly!

Cheapest head gasket record was set by me and Doug 2 years or so ago... $26 for a standard EB gasket whacked in in a day.

Sundeep
See, now how can I compete with that. You see I have the overheads of running my garden shed so I have to charge more than that. Have you ever priced up garden trellis nowadays its killer man. I need to make up enough to re-trellis my shed.
So Paul, what is that stuff under the cap thing in the picture. Is that a new performance enhancing additive??
Hey is this thing gonna be ready for next saturday? Cause if ya paying to get the job done it should be done when you say, not when some crackhead mechanic says so.