Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 21-12-2006, 12:13 AM   #31
peedee

They finance through GE at crazy rates and they talked my daughter into applying for a loan on a car that wasn't even in the yard, rip off merchants, also got her to sign away the cooling off period otherwise would not even consider organising finance for her. Cars are way over priced only any good if you can wave cash in their faces then prices magically drop by thousands, had three weeks of battling with them through fair trading this time last year.
peedee is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-12-2006, 12:36 AM   #32
Mad_Max
Starter Motor

I used to sell cars, and do Finance, and it is known that Fleet sales are at the top end of the scale for high priced cars, but that is for one reason, they live off how much they make on finance.

They have a system that works, it is like this - you see a BA at Heartland Holden, for 20 Grand, the same model, with same Km's will be 3 or 4 Grand more at Fleet Sales, because they play with the numbers to get you aproved on Finance. They are very good at getting people aproved.. Even I dont know how they do it????

If you have money in the bank and are not trading in - Go to the Auctions and pick up a BA for about 8 to 10 Grand, High Rollers around 6 Grand. Features, Like Fast Glass, Cruise, and then if its a Fairmont, not much Difference at Auctions.

Dealers buy from there when Stocks are low when they cant grab the trade in's. Why not pay what they pay? Only problem you will have is " IF " the K'ms are over the Manufacturers Warranty,and it " Must be Serviced " at intervals usualy 15,000 km's or every 12 months, Check for books First.

When I was in the Game, Heartland Holden took all there Dealers to Court in late 90's to take all the dealerships back off the owners, why?? Because when you Drive into one Dealership, you are driving into all of them. Your deal is getting logged into a big database, which tells all the other dealers how much they offered you for your trade in at the very first yard.....Catching On yet???? Want to Shop Around? go to A holden Dealership that isn't Named Heartland Holden, I think 2 in Sydney wone there Case in Court.

Think Ford is Better? Wrong, they did the same thing...

Now - Fleet Sales - I know that Fleet Sales will get most people finance, if not all, thats the only reason to go to fleet sales....If you have finance issuses, just go to fleet sales and literaly buy a car from a wreckers and have it towed in. I did, 2 years ago, I traded in a 1985 Saab Turbo, Unregistered, Busted gear box, flat tyres, and they still gave me 4 Grand.

See what I mean about playing with figures.. Yes, I know the salesman is really pushy, and hes asking you personal q's, but if you have finance problems....

I can understand why salesmen are pushy... the sales manager is kicking there *** and the Dealer Principal is kicking his *** and the Owner is kicking everyones ***

Car Sales is actualy pretty hard between all the a** Kicking The salesmen is constantly getting Head *********

For people who are not coping with there finances, Be Warned... GE Finance can be very unforgiving, so when Fleet Sales get you into that nice new car... for only $200 per week, Dont ever call in Sick Again!!!! I have had upto 25 Phone Calls in one day from GE for being Late only 2 Days for my Payments - From 8am to 10pm at night. NO KIDDING

Just tell the salesmen what he wants to hear, you are no different to the next wood duck who walks in the yard. He is not asking you out..He was told to ask you How long you have been working at your previous job, and current Job because the finance Manager is wanting a pre Qualified Wood Duck, Just like you, to sit down, cop an 22% Interest Rate(should be around 7% ), Put one years Insurance in to a 5 year loan( Does that Make sense?), Gap which cost another $300 for the dealer and you pay $1200.... the list goes on. As a previous Finance Manager, I can tell you that every time you sit infront of someone like that, they usualy have most of your info from the salesmen. thats why he keeps running into the office. UpDate....UpDate......UpDate....

I personaly was very young when I tried that Game, 18, 19, 20, then left it at 21. I initialy wanted a Job that gave me a company car. Turns out, the more money I made, the better the cars got, and more the pressure got to keep up the sales and get more and more, never really got a pat on the back, always got crusified. Make a record Proffit, your boss asks why it took so long? Dont hammer the salesmen too much.

For People who want to know what there trade in is worth... www.redbook.com.au is pretty close not everycar on redbook is 100% acurate to what your car is worth.

But at the end of the day... if you are shopping around, just worry about the change over price, who cares how much your trade in is worth??? or the price on the window??? they are all different because of how much the car in there stock owes them.

And if you think there is big markup in finance, accessories mark up is just as big, Do you really think window tint is worth $1200 ?? And Do you really need Paint Protection? get it done your self, and tell them your best mate works at the dealership up the road, and He told me to ask for you!!!
Mad_Max is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-12-2006, 01:21 AM   #33
Bucket
XR5 Pilot

Coming from an ex car salesman...Stay away....we had to help people that got into some financial strife when they did a deal there not knowing what they were getting themselves into...