Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 27-09-2005, 08:18 AM   #31
*rayman*
454 Power

Pearly, that looks great with the bigger wheels, well done....

That'll be the typical mod young fellas would do to them, wheels and stance, debadging, looking sweet.

I like the colour too.

TOY - 68 SS 454 Camaro
*rayman* is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-09-2005, 10:51 AM   #32
b2tf
not here much anymore

saw 2 of these on the back of a TOLL transporter a few days back going through town and I actually like them. Those pics look good too.

The interior is not as bad as I thought it might be, a little bit bland but then again so is the Focus :.

Gad! One Mistubishi I stand a chance of possibly thinking about considering looking at buying!
Old 27-09-2005, 05:37 PM   #33
MRJUCY
Fordless

Not bad apart from the shocker steering wheel & the rear looks a like a giant Neon but better then the Magna
MRJUCY is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-09-2005, 05:55 PM   #34
MrSparkle
An Old Boss™©
Contributing Member

Just read through the Wheels mag on the train home and I must say it does look good. Getting used to the tail lights but the overall lines are quite good. The bog stock base model was the quickest too, with 7.3s to 100kph and 15.3@152kph on 400m (remembering Wheels standard of 2-up, half full tank).

Panel fit also looks great too considering it's a brand new thing - something both Ford and Holden can learn from.
Old 27-09-2005, 06:52 PM   #35
GTP 320
Blueprint Beast

Looks ok,but a pity it's still a FWD. Hope it does well for them and keeps jobs here for the motor industry.
Cheers John

Leather seats, Premium sound, Sunroof, Satellite Navigation, Reversing sensors, Herrods lowered suspension, Full stainless steel Quad exhaust system, Helix spacer,Open mouth cold air induction,Uni Chip,BMC air filter
GTP 320 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-09-2005, 08:35 PM   #36
buickman
buickman

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRJUCY
Not bad apart from the shocker steering wheel & the rear looks a like a giant Neon but better then the Magna
But better than the US Galant
buickman
buickman is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-09-2005, 09:21 PM   #37
b2tf
not here much anymore

Quote:
Originally Posted by back2thefutura
saw 2 of these on the back of a TOLL transporter a few days back going through town and I actually like them. Those pics look good too.

The interior is not as bad as I thought it might be, a little bit bland but then again so is the Focus :.

Gad! One Mistubishi I stand a chance of possibly thinking about considering looking at buying!
Just realised, the car in the pic is the one I saw! Was a red one and a white one on the back of a truck that looked very much like the one in the pics. Were were these shots taken?
Old 27-09-2005, 09:31 PM   #38
sfr rob
○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○ ○○○○○

and you know what!
i saw more today in laverton vic while truckin today!

2 semi's both full of the 380's!

i think they look UNREAL, dont care what others think!

i want to see more photo chops though!
sfr rob is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-09-2005, 10:06 PM   #39
Falcon Freak
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by 380
I know this has been posted in in the Streetcomomdores forum (the person who supplied the photos) and also the AMC forum as well as Dave au who has posted them in the other 380 thread, but I think they deserve their own thread as some people who have already viewed the 380 thread would not view it again and see them. So what do you think?
You either work for Mitsubishi or know somebody who works for them. In one of the pictures I can see the canopy where Mitsubishi keeps completed vehicles on site before they are ready to be delivered.

Don't you know that the embargo on 380 pictures isn't lifted until this Thursday (29th Sept)?

FF
Falcon Freak is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-09-2005, 10:07 PM   #40
MrSparkle
An Old Boss™©
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falcon Freak
You either work for Mitsubishi or know somebody who works for them. In one of the pictures I can see the canopy where Mitsubishi keeps completed vehicles on site before they are ready to be delivered.

Don't you know that the embargo on 380 pictures isn't lifted until this Thursday (29th Sept)?

FF
Funny, since Wheels mag was out today with all models in all their glory! :
Old 27-09-2005, 10:10 PM   #41
Smoke Pursuit
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: DASH/bfiipursuit has been alot of help over the years I have frequented this forum, lots of thoughtful and informed posts, very much a valued contributor. 

Quote:

FF
Mate they are being loaded on a truck... Get off your high horse...

If its all so secretive why arent they hidden in container transporters?

Funny how i can see Toyota's in the background, what are they doing in the Mitsubishi complex lol :1syellow1
Smoke Pursuit is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-09-2005, 10:15 PM   #42
SpoolMan
Solution Was Boost 4?, 6 & 8

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: The exceptional contribution made to AFF events and sponsorship. Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Everything you do to help this place run smoothly! Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: The awesome Technical and Service how to's in the FPV /XR6 /G6ET turbo threads..  and his own build threads that inspire people to have a go... enabling people to save money and realise the dream of working on their own cars as well. 

I like the look, not sure when the tape comes off those lights i will think the same.
do the lights finish off like the current Magna?
sharp like to a point?
15.3 not a bad time, better than the 15.5 we got from the BA N/A 6...
what is the weight of this car?
thx

AUTOTECH TUNED EDELEBROCK CHARGED
2017 GT Mustang Plenty of RWKW
SpoolMan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-09-2005, 10:17 PM   #43
Dave_au
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrSparkle
Funny, since Wheels mag was out today with all models in all their glory! :
And the wheels website had the original web pics on about 1 week ago.

Quote:
You either work for Mitsubishi or know somebody who works for them.
The pics came from street commodores
Dave_au is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-09-2005, 10:27 PM   #44
MrSparkle
An Old Boss™©
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by XRFPV8
I like the look, not sure when the tape comes off those lights i will think the same.
do the lights finish off like the current Magna?
sharp like to a point?
15.3 not a bad time, better than the 15.5 we got from the BA N/A 6...
what is the weight of this car?
thx
For those interested, read below. Others may wish to turn away from their screens about now.

Weights are listed as ranging from 1625kg to 1700kg. Gearboxes are 5 speed manual with 4.11 diff, and 5 speed auto with 3.33 diff. Power is across the board, at 175kW @ 5250rpm and 343Nm @ 4000rpm. Redline/Cutout is 6100/6200rpm. Compression 10.0:1.

Here's a good one, front tyres are 215/60/16 H rated, rear are 215/55/17 V rated!
Old 27-09-2005, 10:30 PM   #45
sfr rob
○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○ ○○○○○

being a dumb a$$..
are those figures good?
i am guessing it could eat my I6 falcon!
sfr rob is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-09-2005, 10:32 PM   #46
SpoolMan

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: The exceptional contribution made to AFF events and sponsorship. Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Everything you do to help this place run smoothly! Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: The awesome Technical and Service how to's in the FPV /XR6 /G6ET turbo threads..  and his own build threads that inspire people to have a go... enabling people to save money and realise the dream of working on their own cars as well. 

Quote:
Gearboxes are 5 speed manual with 4.11 diff,
Nice and touch aggresive for a factory spec car....
to bad you cant hire a manual might be worth a spin for a day..

Old 27-09-2005, 10:43 PM   #47
Aussie Falcon
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I have just been reading the latest GoAuto e-news that hit my inbox. It has some impressive features it should do well, hopefully there is enough volume left in the large car market for all the makes.
Aussie Falcon is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-09-2005, 10:47 PM   #48
Dave_au
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Here's a good one, front tyres are 215/60/16 H rated, rear are 215/55/17 V rated!
That must be a misprint! I could see the base model wearing the 16s and the GT/VRX wearing the 17s, but not two different sizes on the one car!
Dave_au is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-09-2005, 11:50 PM   #49
Smoke Pursuit
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: DASH/bfiipursuit has been alot of help over the years I have frequented this forum, lots of thoughtful and informed posts, very much a valued contributor. 

mmm jsut got the go auto news...

To be honest it looks like s h i t in the base model and only the 380 GT looks any good... Good try Mitsubishi but i dont think its going to work!
Old 28-09-2005, 12:08 AM   #50
SpoolMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShockWaveXR6na
mmm jsut got the go auto news...

To be honest it looks like s h i t in the base model and only the 380 GT looks any good... Good try Mitsubishi but i dont think its going to work!
If you have them could you put a couple of base model pics up...

Old 28-09-2005, 07:59 AM   #51
Falcon Freak
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShockWaveXR6na
Mate they are being loaded on a truck... Get off your high horse...
WTF you on about? I just asked a simple question. We were informed by Mitsubishi that there were no photos allowed to be published prior to lifting of the embrgo. Othewise I could have posted pics of the 380 two years ago as that was the first time I saw a prototype in the flesh.

FF
Old 28-09-2005, 09:24 AM   #52
Donut King
Officially Unemployed!

Some pics from autonews
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 380 interior.jpg (121.9 KB, 114 views)
File Type: jpg 380 drivetrain.jpg (14.8 KB, 74 views)
File Type: jpg 380.jpg (20.0 KB, 91 views)

Donut King is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-09-2005, 09:26 AM   #53
merlin
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Is that second photo the stripped down boy racer spec?
1966 Ford Mustang coupe. 347 stroker, PA reverse manual C4, TCE high stall converter, B&M Pro Ratchet, Edelbrock alum heads, Edelbrock intake manifold, MSD ignition, Holley Street HP 750 CFM carb, gilmer drive, wrapped Hooker Super Comp Headers, dual 3" straight through exhaust, Bilstein shocks, custom springs, full poly suspension, American Racing rims, Open Tracker roller spring saddles and shelby drop.

Still to go - Holley Sniper EFI with integrated fuel cell.
merlin is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-09-2005, 10:42 AM   #54
Smoke Pursuit
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Heres a pic of the LS which i think is the new Verada.
Old 28-09-2005, 10:57 AM   #55
Dauphin
Irregular member

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Endless work keeping the AU.com.au web site happening 

Interesting handbrake on that interior shot - comes out of the centre console?

My hovercraft is full of eels!

Movie Car Chase of the Week: Gene Hackman driving a 1971 Pontiac LeMans to chase an elevated train in The French Connection (1971).
Dauphin is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-09-2005, 04:34 PM   #56
Cheahman
BOSS 260

It looks excatly the same as the US galant, even the interior shots, only thing different is the front. How come their saying its Australian designed then?

BA XR8
EB XR8

Last edited by Cheahman; 28-09-2005 at 05:11 PM.
Cheahman is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-09-2005, 07:42 PM   #57
Falcon Freak
Banned

The 380 has a different steering wheel to the US Galant.

There are many things unique to the 380 which cannot be seen in the photos. Mitsubishi is sourcing a lot of parts from different suppliers. Unlike Holden who have outsourced many of the components to Asia for the VE model, Mitsubishi are trying to use as much local content as possible.

In addition to this the 380 had to meet unique Australian Design Rules. Therefore any changes to make the local model meet these ADRs are not visible just by looking at the stying of the car.

But one thing I don't agree with. Mitsubishi claim that 70% of the 380 is different to the US Galant. I beleive that this figure is closer to 30%.

It is a nice car to drive. But as I don't like FWD I will never buy one.

FF

Last edited by Falcon Freak; 28-09-2005 at 09:43 PM. Reason: Another spelling mistake....
Old 28-09-2005, 08:55 PM   #58
Psycho Chicken
Banned

That steering wheel is a shocker! Is it just me or does the boot/tail lights look like a Stato?
Psycho Chicken is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-09-2005, 09:18 PM   #59
SpoolMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by merlin
Is that second photo the stripped down boy racer spec?
Its called Ls1 racing specs..lol. :voldar02:

Old 29-09-2005, 12:36 AM   #60
blueoval
Critical Thinker

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Well thought out and constructive posts.  A real credit to this forum. 

I huge improvement on the current TL. Will be interested in what its like in the flesh. I personally only like 1 model of Magna, and that is the TJ. But with the look of this one and the significant changes shown, I would definitely consider one a few years down the track when the prices are in my realistic area.

2022 Mazda CX5 GTSP Turbo

2018 Hyundai Santa Fe Highlander

1967 XR FALCON 500

Cars previously owned:
2021 Subaru Outback Sport
2018 Subaru XV-S
2012 Subaru Forester X
2007 Subaru Liberty GT
2001 AU2 75th Anniversary Futura
2001 Subaru GX wagon
1991 EB XR8
1977 XC Fairmont