Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 02-02-2008, 03:55 PM   #31
DJM83
Barra Turbo > V8
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mechan1k
He's still behind though.
:
Too much spare time : :
Old 02-02-2008, 04:21 PM   #32
Mechan1k
Donating Member1

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Brings a wealth of knowledge to the forums and is frequently giving helpful advice. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Always willing to help out with technical information. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by TE50 056

Too much spare time : :
me ... never.

OK ... will be good to see this new member hopefully join in the near future though.
Can't wait for the newly re-incarnated AWCXR8 that once was.
Mechan1k is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-02-2008, 09:31 PM   #33
fordon
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Well its time for me to come out of the closet and confess...............that member is here and its me lol

Ill try give you a little story about the ute.

I was browsing the damage aucton sale on the net,I wasnt looking for a new car as I had a xr6t ute that i was fixing up just everyday ute,thats one of the delays of fixing the black ute,but xr6t got 12months rego yesterday :-D (for sale)so its time for black AU Ute.

I was always a fan of the AU XR,think there stylish slick looking car specially when mods are done to them.
From the photos i saw of the damage ute i got intrigue as i could tell it had work done,shaker kit buldge and could see that the seats were different.

I was working in the area and went had a look,normally your not allowd but asked nicley and had a look.I couldnt see much as was inside under the rack,very dark.
I open door, sat in the ute,put my hands on the steering wheel and it was a feeling i couldnt explain, i was in love with this damage AU ute lol

I knew it had suspension damage but in dark couldnt see,so i reserch how suspension works and guessed what could be wrong and on auction day i could look and understand what was invloved.

The ute was about half way in the row of damage cars and said to myself on auction day it be about lot 40.I was working out what time the ute will be sold as i could go there while i was at work.

The catalogue came out, the ute was lot 40 so i thought this was a omen!

A lot of people were at action checking the ute out and was the talk of the sale everyone was talking about it, saying this and that and seem eveyone was saying its a nice ute,even damaged lol

I looked at it onced on sale day decided on a price and waited till it came up.
There was a lot of tyre kickers as price started low,i just waited till it got seruies,about 15 bids later,going once,than i joined in :-) 3 bids later it was mine,my hart was racing and glad the hammer fell :-) below the price i set.

I was like the dark horse that came from no where and brought it.Someone came down and told me pretty much that and i was already proud of my new girl lol

I went and got our flat bed truck and put it on with the forklift.I was giving the forklift driver the 3rd degree to be carefull like it was a million dollar car :-) (when i got the xr6t ute they dinted it with forklift,trying to claim agaist them)

I asked for the keys,they couldnt find them and person incharge wasnt there so i was told.

I had the ute on truck and had no keys but did state it had keys.I thought they had put them in a safe place with the gear nob which went missing too!

This is the issuie that bucky was meaning to in thread,KEYS couldnt get keys.This ute was sitting on the truck for about a month ,waiting for keys,as i was claiming the cost thru the auction.

The auction group said sorry nothing we can do,to bad to sad.I wasnt taking that crap and contacted fair trading.
I had sent a email to auction but no reply ,when i sent the next email stating that i was talking to fair trading and will pass this issue over,got a reply with in a minute say what can we do.
Cut it short they didnt want to pay full cost and sent me a cheaque for some amout which in end cover the cost.
One key place wanted $530 to fit program keys,class locks in fyshwich,i wouldnt take my dog there! I wanted to take door lock in and fit key they wouldnt and wanted whole car.
Took the door handle to anthor place cut key than took the car to ford and program key,cost half the price to that other mob.
Ford place i went to was gerogeys ford in bradden,they were awsome and were excited about the ute.

When i saw/brought ute my idea was to fix it all up and maybe be a show ute. I always wanted a nice car to do shows and this was a good cheapest oppertunity.

I had no idea who owned this ute,no history but that changed lol

The main damage was front bar and left suspension,lower controll arm pushed back,could replace bushes maybe fix it but will replace whole left suspension so it be all good if bent.Tie rod was a bannana and the rim was cracked.Steering rack is good.
The kit is ok but has damage the rear tub gaurd has big scrape mark.
I will get whole new kit and will get a full respray,so she be looking good in her old age.

I liked the wheels on the ute and thought were can i buy a new one from,what do you call them.
The place to find out what these wheels were is on ford forums.
I joined this site back when i had an EAfairmont with xr6 engine,E series than went B series now im A series, (A)was allways the better result at school lol

Browsing thru AU section,i came across a black ute,looked simalair to mine and eventurlly i relised that i found more than the wheels,i found the whole ute,which was pretty damm excitiing lol

I emailed the person who owned it, i think he thought i was crazy saying i broght this ute from a damage auction lol as he sold it 12 months ago,pretty much on the day i emailed him(spooky lol)

The ute was sold to someone in canberra,i notice that a memeber bucknaked was from canberra and every thread the ute was in bucknaked was replying.
I decided to email bucknaked thinking maybe he was the owner that crashed it ,if not should be able to tell me the owner was being canberra.

Bucknaked was great,first he was blown away but put me in contact with the owner.
I email the onwer,hoping he had spare keys lol I went and met him and found everything out about this ute and got a key which didnt work lol

From the threads i knew this ute was once loved by alot of people and i didnt have much of a game plan happing, waiting for keys so i kept low and just talked to bucky.
Bucky has inspired me to really do a great job fixing this ute up,beyound my orginal plans!

I have reserch a lot of different ideas that i can/want/should/maybe do lol

The ute is my baby now,i do call her betty lol So you can call the ute Marks Ute,betty or maybe "the peoples ute" lol

Im very excited about the thought when shes complate and attends first show.
looking forward meeting up with all the ford forums people and hope i do betty and the AU proud :-D
fordon is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-02-2008, 01:48 PM   #34
aye you
The Origional, The Best

this i am curious of aswell
Lowerage on KingSprings Lows | Engine...Period | Sounds System

I Use And Recommend F1 Tyres And Wheels On The Gold Coast

Proud Supporter of Beat The Heat (NT)
aye you is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-02-2008, 04:37 PM   #35
DJM83
Barra Turbo > V8
Donating Member3

Good stuff Mark im sure you will bring the ute back to its previous standards. The ute was widely known on here so yuo have big shoes to fill and big obligations : Nah mate hope all goes well and it is going again in no time. Maybe you should started a workshop build/rebuild thread
Old 05-02-2008, 05:38 PM   #36
poolkeeper
Its Resonating!

so who crashed it??
poolkeeper is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-02-2008, 05:49 PM   #37
fordon
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by TE50 056
Good stuff Mark im sure you will bring the ute back to its previous standards. The ute was widely known on here so yuo have big shoes to fill and big obligations : Nah mate hope all goes well and it is going again in no time. Maybe you should started a workshop build/rebuild thread
hehe thanx
I do wonder what happened if i didnt buy her,there would of been a big chance that wreckers would of got there hands on it.

I will start a build/repair very soon,so everyone can tell me im an idiot dont do that to it lol
Old 05-02-2008, 06:01 PM   #38
HLC
Audi S3

Quote:
Originally Posted by fordon

I have reserch a lot of different ideas that i can/want/should/maybe do lol
paint it pink!
Old 05-02-2008, 06:07 PM   #39
fordon
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by HLC
paint it pink!
Dont laugh, a female friend has mention this :
But least you are thinking outside the square,Hot pink ,big chrome wheels,sissor doors,folly sic bro

It will stay a blackish colour.Think thats the only colour that be right for her.
Old 05-02-2008, 06:09 PM   #40
RG
Back to Le Frenchy

It's always good to see a damaged AU in the hands of someone who will nurse it back to health. I look forward to the build thread on this.
07 Renault Sport Megane F1 Team R26 #1397
RG is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post