Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > OzECruisers (E/N/D Series) > OzECruisers General Discussions

OzECruisers General Discussions E/N/D vehicles General Discussion ONLY. NO TECH THREADS

Old 29-06-2006, 01:00 PM   #31
LTDHO
The one and only

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr_efxr
Today on the way back from thought I'll put a bit of juice in. Pull up at the pump and;
$1.599 per litre for Shell 100 ULP.

Just hurts the wallet. On average this fuel has been hovering around $1.35 pL-$1.45 pL. This is just insane.

This is at Shell servo, cnr Warrigal & Centre-Dandenong Roads in Cheltenham.
This servo is always expensive, they have no competition.
Other cars include Dynamic ED Sprint, Dynamic DL LTD, Sparkling Burgundy DL LTD, Yellow, Red & Blue XB sedan & Black XB Coupe
LTDHO is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-06-2006, 01:12 PM   #32
BABOSS

mr_efxr give me your wagon.
BABOSS is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-06-2006, 01:18 PM   #33
4.9 EF Futura
Official AFF conservative

Lol, dont quote me on this but its actually nice having the falcon off the road at the moment.

Driving a 2L sillycar, 20L lasts an entire week and that's doing a LOT more driving that i used to do in the falc. When you use that little amount of fuel - you dont even care what the stuff costs per litre! Heck i would never have even considered fuelling up on a thursday in the falc but to tell you the truth i didnt even look at the price fuelling up the toyota this morning.

Unfortunately there is a massive down side to these savings
Old 29-06-2006, 01:23 PM   #34
RG
Back to Le Frenchy

Quote:
Well, I am sure he and the government have an influence on the taxes and other charges applied on the current fuel prices.
Taxes are the same whether petrol is 99.9 or 149.9.
07 Renault Sport Megane F1 Team R26 #1397
RG is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-06-2006, 01:26 PM   #35
4.9 EF Futura

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenEL
Excise is the same
Old 29-06-2006, 02:09 PM   #36
mr_efxr
Not your average EF Wagon

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlasherEF
mr_efxr give me your wagon.
Sure thing, but at a price.

The recently SOLD 95 EF Wagon 5spd NA SLEEPER

The Daily cruisers now *95 R33 Skyline GTS-T RB25DET *93 Lexus GS300 2JZ-GTE

Car enthusiasts visit Unique Cars and Parts
mr_efxr is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-06-2006, 02:11 PM   #37
mr_efxr
Not your average EF Wagon

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4.9 EF Futura
Lol, dont quote me on this but its actually nice having the falcon off the road at the moment.

Driving a 2L sillycar, 20L lasts an entire week and that's doing a LOT more driving that i used to do in the falc. When you use that little amount of fuel - you dont even care what the stuff costs per litre! Heck i would never have even considered fuelling up on a thursday in the falc but to tell you the truth i didnt even look at the price fuelling up the toyota this morning.

Unfortunately there is a massive down side to these savings
I know where your coming from. I've been trying to drive the Starlet as often as I can, (a 1.3L Turbo) $35-40.00 gets you a full tank and approx 500-550kms. It does about 5.5L per 100kms travel, awesome pocket rocket.

The recently SOLD 95 EF Wagon 5spd NA SLEEPER

The Daily cruisers now *95 R33 Skyline GTS-T RB25DET *93 Lexus GS300 2JZ-GTE

Car enthusiasts visit Unique Cars and Parts
mr_efxr is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-06-2006, 02:26 PM   #38
tbearz

Quote:
I know where your coming from. I've been trying to drive the Starlet as often as I can, (a 1.3L Turbo) $35-40.00 gets you a full tank and approx 500-550kms. It does about 5.5L per 100kms travel, awesome pocket rocket.
just dont crash..... i know what i would want to be in if the unfortunate were ever to occur
tbearz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-06-2006, 10:35 PM   #39
sam12h
Runnin C3H8 & C4H10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trouty
I wonder how the LPG guys are finding it...
Fantastic : . Costs less than $20 per week to get the Wife & myself to work & back & there is less than half the traffic on the roads.

I say double the price of petrol again :the_finge . (goes & puts flame proof suit on :SaiyanSmi )
sam12h is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-06-2006, 11:47 PM   #40
mcflux
Banned
Donating Member1

Quote:
Well, I am sure he and the government have an influence on the taxes and other charges applied on the current fuel prices.
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenEL
Excise is the same
How did I miss that!

My apologies mate, my bad for forgetting GST has been around for 10 years lol
mcflux is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-06-2006, 12:16 PM   #41
joolz
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Its not all Johnnys fault, have you noticed that the oil companies control the pricing and not the goverment. In the states oil rose due to the cyclone season approaching! seem like any little sneeze over seas affects the price of oil. A perfect example of oil companies ripping us is the Queens birthday weekend, the only state in Australia that didnt have a price increase was W.A and thats simply because it wasnt a long weekend over there. Also have people noticed that over time the petrol discounting was removed on a Thursday but now its moved to a Wednesday (pay day for most) The cartage cost is also a load of crap!
joolz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-06-2006, 12:23 PM   #42
Jason[98.EL]
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

my family used to own a caravan park in central vic the price we had on our 2 pumps was always about 25 cents a ltr more than other places one of the factors for this was the extra cost that was incured for cartage to our park

jason

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Jason[98.EL] is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-06-2006, 12:34 PM   #43
4.9 EF Futura

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghia5L
How did I miss that!

My apologies mate, my bad for forgetting GST has been around for 10 years lol
Lol. Agreed. Also lets not forget that the REASON the excise was fixed at 38.5c was because GST is now being applied to fuel.

So... could have excise indexed to CPI for the last 10 years (remember, CPI compounds upon itself) and no GST

OR

Excise fixed at 1990's level and pay a 10% GST.

I could crunch the numbers out but I'm not that keen. Needless to say, you're better off with 38.6cpl + 10%.

Quote:
Its not all Johnnys fault, have you noticed that the oil companies control the pricing and not the goverment. In the states oil rose due to the cyclone season approaching! seem like any little sneeze over seas affects the price of oil. A perfect example of oil companies ripping us is the Queens birthday weekend, the only state in Australia that didnt have a price increase was W.A and thats simply because it wasnt a long weekend over there. Also have people noticed that over time the petrol discounting was removed on a Thursday but now its moved to a Wednesday (pay day for most) The cartage cost is also a load of crap!
Hurricane season in the US = nervousness of supply issues (which came to fruition) = increased equilibrium price.

Long weekends in Australia = increased demand for fuel = increased equilibrium price.

Sounds like it has perfect economical rationale to me.
Old 30-06-2006, 01:48 PM   #44
mcflux
Banned
Donating Member1

Quote:
Lol. Agreed. Also lets not forget that the REASON the excise was fixed at 38.5c was because GST is now being applied to fuel.

So... could have excise indexed to CPI for the last 10 years (remember, CPI compounds upon itself) and no GST

OR

Excise fixed at 1990's level and pay a 10% GST.

I could crunch the numbers out but I'm not that keen. Needless to say, you're better off with 38.6cpl + 10%.
Yes, I'd agree that this is good for motorists now, however when this first came in with the GST I would've been livid if I was driving back then, as it would have seemed like no gains had been made.

It is a good thing that GST has been locked at 10%, unlike some countries where it climbs & climbs... (I'm not looking into all the little loopholes, just the general GST being at 10% here)

And it is also good that the excise has been locked in up to now.

Let's focus on speed cameras instead of fuel prices :P Well, not speed cameras themselves, but their ridiculous 3km tolerances!

V8 + fuel = less beer money. Then again, I home brew : So by that logic the V8 virtually pays for itself hahaha (one must be optimistic)

-Dave-
mcflux is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-06-2006, 01:58 PM   #45
Hotwire
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

whinge whinge whinge..... Its all I hear

:

John howard is a legend!! he saved this country from those horrible labor scum, always plotting with the union slackasses!!

Yes I love to stir :P
Hotwire is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post