Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > OzECruisers (E/N/D Series) > OzECruisers General Discussions

OzECruisers General Discussions E/N/D vehicles General Discussion ONLY. NO TECH THREADS

Old 25-02-2006, 11:12 PM   #31
Laminge
Cuban... nothing like it

Great to see the quality of this thread take a nose dive and the moderation the same.

Back to the orginal question or i will start my own grinding!
Laminge is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-02-2006, 11:19 PM   #32
stiddy
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laminge
Great to see the quality of this thread take a nose dive and the moderation the same.

Back to the orginal question or i will start my own grinding!
Sorry man, it was getting a little boarderline, I was a little 'heated' last night to say the least, it will stop..sorry again..
stiddy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-02-2006, 12:47 PM   #33
Growler

Quote:
Originally Posted by stockstandard
IMO porting is the last place to get more performance out of the head, they are pretty big to begin with. A lot more gains to be had elsewhere if the guy doing the headwork knows what they are doing.
I thought a port n polish was the only mod you could do to a head. I would like to know where else you could gain power, what is this other 'headwork' you speak of?
Growler is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-02-2006, 01:11 PM   #34
Walkinshaw
Two > One

Bowl work, Valve seat cutting, Chamber work, de-shrouding. HUGE gains can be made with work around the throat and bowl area of the heads. You wont gain outright flow capacity (read 500+ thou lift flow) but there will be massive gains made from 100-450thou lift. Which funnily enough is where your cam spends 95% of its time in.

Walkinshaw is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-02-2006, 01:17 PM   #35
Growler

So a street fighter head from JMM already has this headwork done to it, right?
Growler is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-02-2006, 02:09 PM   #36
ON_DUBS
[ON DUBS]

hmm ive lost a little faith in JMM too. i dont doubt them, just too many bad reviews particularly with customer service.

i hope they improve becuase theres some great equipment
Old 27-02-2006, 02:41 PM   #37
stiddy
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Growler
So a street fighter head from JMM already has this headwork done to it, right?
more or less.. yep..
Old 27-02-2006, 02:57 PM   #38
1TUFFUTE
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by stiddy
more or less.. yep..

when u say more or less do u mean yes or do u mean that it hasnt been done to what it could or should be done.
If yes that means the head should have massive gains allready so everybody grab one...right

between u an me stiddy i LOVE ur signature :evil3:
1TUFFUTE is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-02-2006, 03:32 PM   #39
stiddy
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by dev5 ute
when u say more or less do u mean yes or do u mean that it hasnt been done to what it could or should be done.
If yes that means the head should have massive gains allready so everybody grab one...right

between u an me stiddy i LOVE ur signature :evil3:
lol between you and me huh? i think theres few more in the same boat mate ;)

the head in theory 'should' give you pretty good gains, but its more than just the head, you need the cam to match, so possibly a dev4 cam?

im not saying not to get one, but im not saying get one either.. look around
GnD maybe? :P

I think its overpriced for what you get, maybe if a cam was included it would be a different story.. or atleast a bare dev5 head for that money..

Most head places will do port and polishing, bowl and throat work, valve jobs, and everything else you could want, just depends on how full your bank account is, and if you want something from JMM, make sure its full..
Old 27-02-2006, 05:57 PM   #40
vegabass
BASS ON BOARD!

Its funny, 1 business cannot make everyone happy. I’m sure if Telstra was to make every customer happy then there already multi billion dollar profits would sky rocket.

I understand about there prices but Im happy with the gear and the support I have had from Brendan. Id buy from them again because I know it works and id rather pay more for something that is guaranteed rather than save a few bucks and have your local machine shop say "yeah we will have a go at it"

Interesting to hear about everyone’s experiences…..and that’s my 2cents
Old 27-02-2006, 06:21 PM   #41
Southy

where else is a decent place to get an after market head for the E-series?
Southy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-03-2006, 02:50 AM   #42
heckaz performance

If you have a local shop with a flow bench you'd be able to check the flow gains for yourself. The speedway mags show some good local porters, who obviously know their stuff as sprint cars aren't hangin about. Head Porters can manipulate the flow figures by the use of plasticine, so It's best to stick with someone that deals with a lot of race cars, so you know they know their stuff. Old mate seems a little steep in price, but if your times money it could be better value to some. I guess it depends on your hourly rate.
heckaz performance is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post