Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 17-04-2007, 05:34 PM   #31
bjr22n_
XR5TBO

best wishes for your journey to recovery.

DJR Team mate #14
bjr22n_ is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-04-2007, 05:52 PM   #32
falconlover
Bathurst 2007, Ford 1-2-3

Sorry to hear about that horrific experience, great wishes for a speedy recovery.
falconlover is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-04-2007, 06:12 PM   #33
paulie0735
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech article(s) 

wow, that’s very chilling, I guess we all have a story or 2 about a near miss here or there but fortunately most of us never have to go through that. Makes you stop and think about the important things in life. I trust you will make a full recovery.
paulie0735 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-04-2007, 06:26 PM   #34
Jock260
Cast Iron fan

luck was on your side mate, great to hear you got out of this okay, i also live in townsville and read that same article in the Bully, was shocked to see the state of the car. Good luck on your recovery mate, all the best.

jake
Old 17-04-2007, 06:59 PM   #35
Addz08
"FEED IT"

Certainly puts things into perspective, good luck with your recovery mate...
Addz08 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-04-2007, 07:40 PM   #36
GTP 044
Formally RED XR8

Glad to see that you came through an experience like that OK. Wishing you and your family all the best. I think I'll be giving the wife and kids a bit bigger hug than normal when they get home. It goes to show, you just never know what's around the corner. Once again, glad to hear that you're OK.
Regards Greg.
GTP 044 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-04-2007, 08:00 PM   #37
dobz
Fully Hectic Ulehhhhh!!!!

hope you get well soon. To the guy that was 14 with his gradfather, yes i wraped a laser around a tree becouse a cnt wouldnt give way. seatbelts saved my life. and when i turned and lost it everything was just slooooooowly happening. hit a kerb, sloooowly got air bourn then back to fkkn reallty when i saw the tree halfway up the engine block. it was and 89 laser and they guy that came to tow it away said that if i hadent had luck, they would have been scraping me and my mate of the windshield.

yes it does change your life....

EF Falcon -
Pacemaker Extractors
2.5" Straight Through
"Special" Cat Conv.
Custom Intake
Lowering (soon)
dobz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-04-2007, 08:18 PM   #38
Cam
Stroking it...

Wow... I don't know what to say...
I think we should all copy this into an email and send it to fellow car lovers, just so we all remember how deadly the consequences of making a bad decision can be... I dunno about anyone else but this really hit home with me..

All the best for a speedy recovery and i wish your family all the best in moving on through this very scary and difficult time..
Now: Busted assed EB Wagon - 5sp and Dual Fuel.
Cam is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-04-2007, 09:12 PM   #39
nobbystang

Glad to hear you are recovering and didn't orphan your youngest before its birth. You here too often people leaving young ones behind or pregnant partners. As a father of 2, 2yo and newborn, I know how precious it is having them and like you, the last thing you want is to leave them for even a minute.

All the best for you and your family in the recovery ahead and thankyou for sharing your story, I realy hope it helps you all get through this. Good Luck

Previous:
2011 SZ Territory Titanium
2008 Ford Edge AWD Limited
Silhouette BF XR6, ZF Auto
White EF GLi, XR look alike
VH Commodore
nobbystang is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-04-2007, 09:36 PM   #40
mik
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

have a speedy recovery................buy a tattslotto ticket your a lucky bloke.
mik is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-04-2007, 10:28 AM   #41
osiris
a large McCrunch with....

thanks everyone for the well wishes..... hope as many ppl as possible read this as its a hard lesson to learn first hand.

as for tattslotto, ive used up all my good luck now.......
osiris is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-04-2007, 05:28 PM   #42
Squalo
Two Wheels Good

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech article(s) 

My wife's father and stepmother were killed near Prosperpine in 2002 by a driver like the one who got you. He also killed 3 of the other four people in his car - his girlfriend, her mother and her aunt IIRC. He wasn't charged with anything, work that one out.

John was a lifetime truckdriver who really knew the road, he was driving Sally from their home in Cairns to spend Christmas with us. The accident happened before dawn, not long after they'd left the motel they'd spent the night at after the first day of driving. The other car was heading to Cairns from Brisbane, they were attempting to drive it in one hit.

When it happened, all those years of experience counted for nothing - these things happen in a flash, as Osiris can attest.

My wife and I had paid to fly their kids down a few days beforehand, as their chrismas present... those young lives are today ruined. That driver killed 5 people and destroyed at least two families with his incompetence.

Glad you survived, Osiris. Get better, make the most of your second chance.
1969 Kombi
Squalo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-04-2007, 05:34 PM   #43
freaky

experiences such as these really hit home hard. you can do all the right things and still be in the wrong place at the wrong time..

hope you get well soon osiris
freaky is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-04-2007, 07:30 PM   #44
xw383

You are kidding aren't you. It doesn't matter if it is or isn't a spam. The point of the story is it only takes a slight miscalculation behind the wheel and the outcome can be similar to the above. Go for a visit to your local intensive care centre and start picking the **** out of their stories.
xw383 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-04-2007, 07:53 PM   #45
osiris

u can think what u like...

all i know is that i spent a crap load of time in hostpital in townsville and then in brisbane then back to cairns. i also have 4 fractures, 17 stitches in my face, an eye i couldnt open for a week, a severe concussion and bruising to my right eye itself and a back that i now have to have physio 3 times a week on for the next 12 months, and 3 months off work. whiplash throughout my entire spine and neck, deep muscle bruising across my chest and hips and 2nd degree burns to my right arm.

i would bet that u have not even come close to an experience like this, and for u to call it a crappy lovey dovey spam message just shows how oblivious u are to the realities of what can happen on the roads the second u stop paying attention.

from ur post, its people with attitudes like urs that get innocent people killed. u have nfi idea wtf u are talking about so until u get some respect for the message i was trying to pass on then get the hell off this thread.
Old 18-04-2007, 08:31 PM   #46
osiris

ok... so u doubted whether the 2 cars were from the same crash?

now u know.... btw.. u might wanna get ur BS radar serviced. seems to be playing up a bit.
Old 18-04-2007, 10:50 PM   #47
S3SR
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

damn hey right on my bloody door step...... im heading back to innisfail on sunday might take the falcon instead of the lancer...that thing would take my legs off

anyways good luck with the recovery, shame to see another life taken and another AU off the road but i guess its a hard lesson learnt

condolences to the other guys family... i know the last name though, might be a family friend

2002 Ford Falcon AU S3 SR
2006 BF MKI Falcon XR6
2008 Mazda BT50 SDX
2004 BA XR8 ute
2006 AUDI A4 B7
2013 FG II XR6 Ute
2006 Ford Territory TX
2003 Ford Falcon XR8
2009 Territory Turbo Ghia

Current: 2012 Audi A4 B8 2.0T Quattro
S3SR is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-04-2007, 09:39 PM   #48
osiris

finally the police have finished there investigation on my vehicle and released it. trawling thru the carnage i managed to find my sunnies, maybe in 4 pieces and not complete but some of them anyway.

also ripped off the the blue oval........ aint no one gettin' that cept me.