Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > OzECruisers (E/N/D Series) > OzECruisers General Discussions

OzECruisers General Discussions E/N/D vehicles General Discussion ONLY. NO TECH THREADS

Old 22-10-2006, 12:24 AM   #31
starkersEB
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by fairmont1998
Only the V8 models and EA 4 speed models have the seperate trans ecu
Oh really i was told by the trans joint i got mine done that they were a seperate computer.
starkersEB is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-10-2006, 09:40 AM   #32
Jason[98.EL]
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

here is a link to the capa page with the pdf file about the tuner

http://www.capa.com.au/ford_flash_tuner.htm

looks good time to start saving i think

jason

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Jason[98.EL] is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-10-2006, 10:15 AM   #33
LowEL2XR8
Mr Impulsive

So you can't buy the 'E' Series USB Dealer Chip Burner unless your a dealer or tuner?
Old 22-10-2006, 10:21 AM   #34
xr8ute
Back on the road

Quote:
Originally Posted by LowEFGLi
So you can't buy the 'E' Series USB Dealer Chip Burner unless your a dealer or tuner?
Correct....but whats the point having the chip burner if you dont have the software?

You can buy the dealer software if you've got the $$$.

AU XR8 Ute 13.90 @ 100mph - http://www.aufalcon.com/xr8ute
5L Windsor, GT40X heads, Crane 2030, Pacey 4-1s, Lukey 3", 3.91:1, auto. Tuned by me w/Quarterhorse and BinaryEditor.

Coming Soon: Ported lower intake, Tickford "Premium" Brakes, and a good wash.
xr8ute is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-10-2006, 11:26 AM   #35
LowEL2XR8
Mr Impulsive

Just was curious as it didnt really have a price listed only for the unit we need not for the chip burner. Thats cool.
I wonder what kind of extra power you can get from it just having an exhaust/extractor and snorkel and air filter upgrade. I guess these question will be answered in the coming months.

Can't wait.
Old 22-10-2006, 01:44 PM   #36
jonbays
TL40 Wagon?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLSTIC
the chip will plug into the expansion port on the ECU. That chip is then reprogrammed using a burner and appropriate software. to order all the stuff (pre-built) yourself would cost about 400, but then you have to install it and find the right software for it.

how do I know?

software page #1
software page #2
chip
burner
realtime burning

I love DIY... only problem is finding the right files to interpret the contents of the for chip (which can be found here

have fun.

now im going to call chiptorque and see if they can send me the definition files...

cya
Ben
Thanks for this Ben some good reading indeed. I need to look into this. It will all work with AU EEC-V too but as you say its the definition files you need defing the memory addres to table entry details and Ford seem to muck around with this from model to model.
jonbays is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-10-2006, 01:51 PM   #37
xr8ute
Back on the road

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonbays
It will all work with AU EEC-V too but as you say its the definition files you need defing the memory addres to table entry details
Exactly, and this is why products like Chiptorque and SCT/CAPA Flash Tuner are as expensive as they are...the "hardware" is the easy bit ;)

Datamine played with this Moates stuff on his EL (EF?), and was able to identify, and change the speed limiter. Not sure if he was able to do much more than that though...

AU XR8 Ute 13.90 @ 100mph - http://www.aufalcon.com/xr8ute
5L Windsor, GT40X heads, Crane 2030, Pacey 4-1s, Lukey 3", 3.91:1, auto. Tuned by me w/Quarterhorse and BinaryEditor.

Coming Soon: Ported lower intake, Tickford "Premium" Brakes, and a good wash.
xr8ute is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-10-2006, 02:48 PM   #38
BLSTIC
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I must have a look into this advantage III software, although it looks like it will be hard to get, and/or expensive.

The ecu 'dump' is easy enough to get, but yeah, interpreting it... the guy who made the first software I linked to does make basic definition files for a price (which i dont think is much), but hasnt replied to my email yet.

As soon as I find the correct definition files, my car will be getting this treatment, along with some minor mods. What is the current record for an internally standard, unboosted 6cyl falcon?
BLSTIC is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-10-2006, 07:06 PM   #39
white_XR8

all i want to no is how much extra KW is this goin to give me i have a ef standard xr8
white_XR8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-10-2006, 07:28 PM   #40
STOKEB
NOS Induction pssssshhhhh

1st Of December the eseries falsh tunners are available for sale. I already have one saved for me cause i had it tested on my car hahaha. 5 different programs 4 are adjustable and one is factory tune. only thing different from the au and ba falsh tunners this ones a chip that plugs to the bottom of the ecu with a toggle switch and you can change setrtings while driving the car not like the ba and au flash tunners there orsum
STOKEB - 3:7 diff gears, 3inch zorst, JMM Race Series Extractors, Custom Bottom end to suit N20, AU DEV 6 Head and Cam, Cold Air Intake, ED XR6 Manual Computer with Flash Tunner, ED XR6 Fuel reg, C10 Auto, 2800stall .
---------------------------------------------------
I LiVe My LiFe A bOtTlE aT a TiMe, FoR tHoSe 200 sQuIrTs I fEeL fReE.........pssssssssssssshhhhhhhhhhh
STOKEB is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-10-2006, 07:28 PM   #41
335JET
@jas_23_

http://www.sctflash.com/product_chip.php
this is the SCT website, i believe these are the guys that actually design this sort og gear and capa get it off them.
This link shows the Eliminator switch chip and is almost word for word as Capa;s site.
I wonder how much these guys are asking for one and will it work on our E-series.
335JET is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-10-2006, 08:39 PM   #42
ratter
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Shares his in-depth tuning knowledge with the forum, very helpful. Contributor: For members who make a contribution worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For his indepth tutorial on adding borders to photographs 

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOSS 4LTR
http://www.sctflash.com/product_chip.php
this is the SCT website, i believe these are the guys that actually design this sort og gear and capa get it off them.
This link shows the Eliminator switch chip and is almost word for word as Capa;s site.
I wonder how much these guys are asking for one and will it work on our E-series.
SCT configure their product so they will not work directly on our aussie cars, the only way to get an aussie car to work with them is buy it via a Capa dealer, the ones capa get are configured for our aussie cars. Guys tried getting the flash box for the BA's and had no luck getting the US items.

Capa have to pay a pretty hefty licence fee to SCT which is why their prices are higher

Authorised Streetfighter, Pcmtec , SCT & HP Tuners Tuning Agent,
ratter is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-10-2006, 08:42 PM   #43
XR6TickfordBoy
Now XR8TickfordBoy

Quote:
Originally Posted by white_XR8
all i want to no is how much extra KW is this goin to give me i have a ef standard xr8
well if they can get an extra 55rwkw on a 290 boss they should be able to get 15-20 extra rwkw on an e-series. especially with intake and exhaust mods!
EF XR8- Respray in Monza Red with Clear Coat, Custom Rear Bar, AU V8, EL GT MAF, Rebuilt and Strengthened Auto with Stage 2 Shift Kit, 2,500RPM Stallie and tranny cooler, Rebuilt Diff with 4.11 Gears, Custom Radiator, King Ultra Lows, Pedders Shocks, NL Concorde Rims.
XR6TickfordBoy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-10-2006, 08:21 AM   #44
BLSTIC
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by white_XR8

depends on how bad your factory tune is. My EF Futura is pumping out 136rwhp stock, with AFR's of around 11:1. I'm guessing i should be around the 150 mark with a decent tune. your's should be 10-15hp above that on both counts.
BLSTIC is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-10-2006, 10:39 AM   #45
XR6TickfordBoy
Now XR8TickfordBoy

Quote:
Originally Posted by LowEFGLi
Just was curious as it didnt really have a price listed only for the unit we need not for the chip burner. Thats cool.
I wonder what kind of extra power you can get from it just having an exhaust/extractor and snorkel and air filter upgrade. I guess these question will be answered in the coming months.

Can't wait.
Just put an order in with G&D this morn after a dyno run, car was doing 125rwkw with extractors+ full exhaust and a cold air intake, said it was running rich as and with the cappa chip should easily be able to get it to 135-140rwkw. The cappa chip is alot more tunable than a unichip especially if ur planning a cam upgrade as iwill be after my wallet recovers from the chip! Its $1295 for chip and tune which is better than a unichip and is the smart choice in the long run! and as said a toggle switch can be mounted in the car for around $250 extra so u can switch tunes whilst driving the car!
EF XR8- Respray in Monza Red with Clear Coat, Custom Rear Bar, AU V8, EL GT MAF, Rebuilt and Strengthened Auto with Stage 2 Shift Kit, 2,500RPM Stallie and tranny cooler, Rebuilt Diff with 4.11 Gears, Custom Radiator, King Ultra Lows, Pedders Shocks, NL Concorde Rims.
Old 23-10-2006, 10:43 AM   #46
Christiaan
Tuned @ Pitlane Frankston

Quote:
Originally Posted by XR6TickfordBoy
Just put an order in with G&D this morn after a dyno run, car was doing 125rwkw with extractors+ full exhaust and a cold air intake, said it was running rich as and with the cappa chip should easily be able to get it to 135-140rwkw. The cappa chip is alot more tunable than a unichip especially if ur planning a cam upgrade as iwill be after my wallet recovers from the chip! Its $1295 for chip and tune which is better than a unichip and is the smart choice in the long run! and as said a toggle switch can be mounted in the car for around $250 extra so u can switch tunes whilst driving the car!
Did i see your XR6 in the tyre shop over the road from Krispy Kreme on Thursday/Friday?
BA MKII XR6 Turbo, 6sp Manual - Vibe purple, Premium sound, Sports leather, BA XR8 wheels, Koni adjustable suspension, Nizpro v/springs, Walbro in-tank pump, Siemens 60lb injectors, Process West stage 1 intercooler, Mal Wood 11" Option 3 clutch, Tripod gauges, Custom Mainlube T56 gearbox oil, ETM turbo oil feed line, Typhoon intake, BMC Panel filter, Turbosmart BOV, Tuned by Pit Lane Performance - 300.4rwkw @ 12psi
Christiaan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-10-2006, 10:45 AM   #47
Christiaan

Also guys, don't think that this edit is a miracle cure. It'll sharpen your AFR's and squeeze some extra power out, but I don't think you should look at it for extre performance. Any extra kilowatts you get won't feel like much more power at all. It'll just be smoother and run right.
BA MKII XR6 Turbo, 6sp Manual - Vibe purple, Premium sound, Sports leather, BA XR8 wheels, Koni adjustable suspension, Nizpro v/springs, Walbro in-tank pump, Siemens 60lb injectors, Process West stage 1 intercooler, Mal Wood 11" Option 3 clutch, Tripod gauges, Custom Mainlube T56 gearbox oil, ETM turbo oil feed line, Typhoon intake, BMC Panel filter, Turbosmart BOV, Tuned by Pit Lane Performance - 300.4rwkw @ 12psi
Old 23-10-2006, 10:51 AM   #48
XR6TickfordBoy
Now XR8TickfordBoy

Quote:
Originally Posted by shuresm58
Did i see your XR6 in the tyre shop over the road from Krispy Kreme on Thursday/Friday?
Nah I was at home friday night, but it would be highly likely it was me any other time as i work at Krispy's and my car is always parked in that area!
Old 23-10-2006, 10:57 AM   #49
dansedgli
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

The edit would be sweet for all of those guys running turbo kits that dont want an aftermarket ECU to be wired in. It would be much easier to return the car to stock when they get defected.

Plug and play ECU's FTW.
Old 23-10-2006, 11:05 AM   #50
Professor Farnsworth
Fossil fuel consumer

Location: Mod For: Pub, Bar, Sales Yard, Show 'N Shine, Photoshop, AU to BF, FG to FGX, Territory & Sports Bar
Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Many years of valuable contributions to the forum, including some superb build threads. 

Quote:
Also guys, don't think that this edit is a miracle cure. It'll sharpen your AFR's and squeeze some extra power out, but I don't think you should look at it for extre performance. Any extra kilowatts you get won't feel like much more power at all. It'll just be smoother and run right.
that's entirely dependant on what your current setup is. If you have already added the go faster bits, cam heads manifold etc and are still running the factory ECU, the tune should add quite a noticable increase. No one would be shelling out over a grand for some software if you didn't get a noticable increase in power. With my setup i'm presuming i'll get a decent kick in the pants from the tune. And saying "but i don't think you should look at it for extra performance" .. that's just an odd thing to say.
Professor Farnsworth is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-10-2006, 03:49 PM   #51
XRated
Shoot.

Don't forget the purpose of a chip isn't for outright peak power gains. You might only see a 5-10rwkw gain, but the throttle response might be a lot sharper, fuel economy may decrease to an acceptable level, the power curve may be smoother/more linear and the chip will also allow for different shift points with the autos if I've read correctly.

20V Turbo

XRated is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-10-2006, 03:55 PM   #52
Professor Farnsworth
Fossil fuel consumer

Location: Mod For: Pub, Bar, Sales Yard, Show 'N Shine, Photoshop, AU to BF, FG to FGX, Territory & Sports Bar
Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Many years of valuable contributions to the forum, including some superb build threads. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by XRated
Don't forget the purpose of a chip isn't for outright peak power gains. You might only see a 5-10rwkw gain, but the throttle response might be a lot sharper, fuel economy may decrease to an acceptable level, the power curve may be smoother/more linear and the chip will also allow for different shift points with the autos if I've read correctly.
yep and as i said for those who already have the go fast bits, you could see gains of 40rwkw, as well as better torque curvs. It's entireley dependant on the individual car.

by the way the software is out to some suppliers, however the chips haven't been shipped yet, and most likely won't be until some time in November according to a reliable source.

I've been lucky enough to book myself in as one of the first worked 302's to get the treatment, as soon as the chips roll in the door! I'll document the progress in my EB's thread.
Old 23-10-2006, 04:04 PM   #53
XR6TickfordBoy
Now XR8TickfordBoy

The chips are available from 1st of November, the boys at G&D rang Cappa in front of me and confirmed they will have the chip ready to go on the 2nd. My car is booked for the 2nd at G&D installed and tuned! So whether that means theres a limited number or what on the 1st I dont know, but if there is ive bagged myself one!
Old 23-10-2006, 07:06 PM   #54
Walkinshaw
Two > One

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLSTIC
now im going to call chiptorque and see if they can send me the definition files...

cya
Ben
You would have better luck asking for a nuke from the US government

Walkinshaw is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-10-2006, 07:23 PM   #55
old_mate
Smash the Boost

also means we can get cams that would otherwise make the EEC run to its mum with its pants down crying like a kid who fell on his head and dropped his icecream

1971 Fairmont Sedan

1974 SWB F100

Keyboard Warrior - A Person who, being unable to express his anger through physical violence (owning to their physical weakness, lack of bravery and/or conviction in real life), instead manifests said emotions through the text-based medium of the internet, usually in the form of aggressive writing that the Keyboard Warrior would not (for reasons previously mentioned) be able to give form to in real life.
old_mate is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-10-2006, 07:37 PM   #56
Christiaan

fantz, valid points.

I was kinda directing my remark to the guys with stock cars. Yours used to be blown for gods sake, and has a heavily worked engine and AFR's that suck balls :P Of course your car will benefit from a tune.

The guys runnung extractors and baby cams, don't expect miracles.
Old 23-10-2006, 07:42 PM   #57
old_mate
Smash the Boost

its well known even a XR6 will gain some rwkw for taking fuel out of the car by using the stock pressure reg as opposed to the ticky one. This thing will allow blokes to tune for 98, advance timing, optimise A/F ratios, allow for valet, economy, and 91ron tunes

I would imagine a 10/15rwkw gain possible on a stock/near stock car?

1971 Fairmont Sedan

1974 SWB F100

Keyboard Warrior - A Person who, being unable to express his anger through physical violence (owning to their physical weakness, lack of bravery and/or conviction in real life), instead manifests said emotions through the text-based medium of the internet, usually in the form of aggressive writing that the Keyboard Warrior would not (for reasons previously mentioned) be able to give form to in real life.
old_mate is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-10-2006, 08:13 PM   #58
Professor Farnsworth
Fossil fuel consumer

Quote:
fantz, valid points.

I was kinda directing my remark to the guys with stock cars. Yours used to be blown for gods sake, and has a heavily worked engine and AFR's that suck balls :P Of course your car will benefit from a tune.

The guys runnung extractors and baby cams, don't expect miracles.
point taken - and yep right on the money. except, AFR's ? if you're talking about the heads they're edelbrock ;p

Quote:
Originally Posted by old_mate
its well known even a XR6 will gain some rwkw for taking fuel out of the car by using the stock pressure reg as opposed to the ticky one. This thing will allow blokes to tune for 98, advance timing, optimise A/F ratios, allow for valet, economy, and 91ron tunes

I would imagine a 10/15rwkw gain possible on a stock/near stock car?
again, right on the money. stock cars you could bank on 10-20rwkw, and what you get after that, if at all, is a bonus. Still worth it in my opinion though.
Old 24-10-2006, 08:52 AM   #59
Kenaz
Donating Member
Donating Member1

Quote:
Originally Posted by fantz
except, AFR's ? if you're talking about the heads they're edelbrock ;p
Air/Fuel ratios

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wheels Nov 02
It's suave, more subtle, and yet no less stirring. In fact, the boosted Ford is more polished than any big sedan Australia has ever produced. It's just so damn good, it makes the SS feel crude... Ignore the WRX. Forget the E49. Falcon XR6 Turbo is king.
Kenaz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-10-2006, 11:22 AM   #60
Professor Farnsworth
Fossil fuel consumer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenaz
Air/Fuel ratios
ahh
thought he meant the brand AFR :\