Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > OzECruisers (E/N/D Series) > OzECruisers General Discussions

OzECruisers General Discussions E/N/D vehicles General Discussion ONLY. NO TECH THREADS

Closed Thread

Old 05-02-2008, 08:22 PM   #61
MotherNatureVer2
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I refer you to THIS thread. It is dated 1/11/07 and gives all of the information about the new club & what we are about.

If this isnt enough time on what was happening I would love to know what is.
Old 05-02-2008, 08:26 PM   #62
Justin@
Banned

edit....post not needed...lol

Last edited by Justin@; 05-02-2008 at 08:33 PM.
Old 05-02-2008, 08:48 PM   #63
russellw
Chairman & Administrator
Donating Member3

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: Raptor: For Continued, and prolonged service to the wider Ford Community 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MADED-6
RusselW did i say anywhere that we arent alowed on cruises i simply asked if we are welcome.
so the answer is yes thank you that was hard.
If we are going to be accurate I didn't say anything about being allowed either - I used the same welcome term that you used so it likely wasn;t hard was it?

I would also think that your original quote:

Quote:
so does this mean we are not welcome at cruises coz we arent paying for this site.
.. did actually translate to your taking the view that you would not be "welcome" on cruises as that is what you stated and what I rebutted.

Oh and just to get the semantics absolutely correct it is the club you are being asked to pay a membership for - not this site.

Hard? I think not.

Russ

Observatio Facta Rotae

Old 05-02-2008, 09:26 PM   #64
kabbart
Starter Motor

jezus its not that hard, if you dont like it go somewere else!
Old 05-02-2008, 09:35 PM   #65
JC
Miami Pilot
Donating Member2

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

Quote:
Originally Posted by LTDHO
I have spent many years contributing, still no access..
Me too! I thought a donation to the site was enough, not realising there is also the club side of things as well. Now I know, I'll just keep donating to the site.
Mods: Tune, HSD/ShockWorks, black GT335 19” staggered replicas with 245 & 275/35/19 Michelin Pilot sport 5s

Daily: BF2 Fairmont Ghia I6 ZF, machine face GT335 19” staggered Replicas with 245s and 275s, Bilsteins & Kings

FPV 335 build stats: <click here>

Ford Performance Club ACT
Old 05-02-2008, 09:36 PM   #66
347_XR8
Slide Baby Slide

Is OzeCruisers a Club Club or an Internet Club. What I mean by a club club is, Is it like the Sport Car Club of South Australia, where if we join, we can get CAMS affiliation therefore get CAMS license.
Is there also a president, Vic-president etc? and are ALL actions, big or small, put forward to a commitee.
I'm sick of hearing people say there part of a club, when in fact it is just a internet based club (forum) where people meet up every now and then.
For example, the R31 Skyline Club. They are a CLUB, any money that comes from cruises/events goes directly back into the club for servers/merchandise. There is also NO joining fee, that is the one thing that seems to escape me. When they have a cruise, they ask for a gold coin donation and that goes back into the club.

Mr Super Skid-Man
Old 05-02-2008, 09:54 PM   #67
efgiar
rofl copter

347_xr8 you will probably find that this club is infact that, a club, in due time all that stuff can be sorted out by the comittee members when bought up in a meeting or a thread. the membership money will go towards the club after the minimal costs of running it are payed. im sure the money would get put towards partly funded entrys to events for registered and financial members by guess and aswell as cheap attire and stickers. the clubs expenses wouldnt be great and that would be more the club can put back into discounts and other outings. the r31 skyline club would generate no were near enough mulah for benefits that this club offers.

thats all
Old 05-02-2008, 10:02 PM   #68
EA2BA
PM me if you want

OzECruisers is a real CLUB we have the required positions etc and have been registered, see my signature for the bulk of the information relating to OzECruisers.

Send me a PM if you want to know anything

2010 Ford Ranger PK High Rider (Auto) - 2011 Ford Fiesta (Auto)
Old 05-02-2008, 10:11 PM   #69
MotherNatureVer2
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by 347_XR8
Is OzeCruisers a Club Club or an Internet Club. What I mean by a club club is, Is it like the Sport Car Club of South Australia, where if we join, we can get CAMS affiliation therefore get CAMS license.
Is there also a president, Vic-president etc? and are ALL actions, big or small, put forward to a commitee.
I'm sick of hearing people say there part of a club, when in fact it is just a internet based club (forum) where people meet up every now and then.
For example, the R31 Skyline Club. They are a CLUB, any money that comes from cruises/events goes directly back into the club for servers/merchandise. There is also NO joining fee, that is the one thing that seems to escape me. When they have a cruise, they ask for a gold coin donation and that goes back into the club.

We have just yesterday finalised the committee elections and now have a full committee to run this club. The incorporation of OzECruisers has been finalised. We are at the stage of begining our club and I do have every intention of pursuing the CAMs affiliation as soon as it is practical.

As stated many times in this thread there is a revamp happening in this area of the forums at the moment.
Old 05-02-2008, 11:16 PM   #70
wulos
Forum Director

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: All the behind-the-scenes effort. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: For his advice, tips/tricks in the Art and Photography section of the Forum. 

From this thread it is clear that there is a lot of confusion surrounding the OzE Cruisers club.
As the recently elected president of the club, I feel it important to address these concerns directly.
The OzE Cruisers is indeed an officially incorporated club, with all of the required structural organisation, documentation, and reporting items in place.
The actual idea discussion thread has been in plain view as a sticky thread for almost 6 months now, as has the club lauch thread since the 1st November 2007.
The topic of removing the cruise / meets thread was raised inside that subforum area along with the proposed removal date of the 1st December - however people passed no comment until after it has dissapeared.
The OzE Cruisers club was the realisation of requests from a group of concerned members. The actual decision to incorporate has been talked about on a number of occasions previously, and amongst the benefits is the legal protections that an incorporated club can offer its members. Amongst some of the protections the club can cover is public indemnity coverage. Have a crash on a non incorporated club run, and if you are unfortunate enough to mention it was on a club run see how much insurance coverage you have. The only recourse is to sue the club organisers personally. Unfortunately liability cover is a fact of life these days, and doesnt come free(hence the undesirable need for fees).
Many carshows at locations across Australia, require each participating club to hold its own insurance coverage prior to admitanceIncorporation demands a level of professionalism that is recognised by many other organisations and is a keystone in attaining access to these otherwised closed events(CAMS affiliation is only one small part of this).
It is important to note that not all AFF members will share the same views, as to the need to join an incorporated club. That is perfectly fine, and nobody is forcing you to join. Those that do wish to join are quite welcome to do so, those that couldn't care less, or feel the need, are welcome to utilise this club general area, or the technical subforum to discuss END model specific topics.
As has been mentioned more then once - this club is still very much in its formative stages, and establishing exactly what the right mix of options for potential, and existing members is.
There are ways, and means of having your say, however it is important to note that preference is always going to be given to those that have put their hard earned time, and money into making the club a success, especially over those who throw their suggestions like accusations from the outside.
Closed Thread