Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

View Poll Results: Bodykit or not bodykit?
Do a fairmont front/rear/side skirts, it will still keep the sleeper feel 19 48.72%
Do an XR kit all round, it will look killer 10 25.64%
Dont be stupid, you'll KILL the sleeper effect. DONT DO ANYTHING FURTHER! 2 5.13%
Just paint up your bootlip and fix your minor paint issues like you said originally. 4 10.26%
A real sleeper would have stock everything externally. Get rid of the wheels and bootlip 4 10.26%
Voters: 39. You may not vote on this poll

Old 21-10-2009, 05:12 PM   #61
blueoval
Critical Thinker

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Well thought out and constructive posts.  A real credit to this forum. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5L
summer is coming up, i dont know too many people that drive there car hard on a 40+ day. id do the bodywork and kit so atleast the car is looking good over all the summer months of cruising.

Thanks Shane. Might be good enough for another photo shoot.

2022 Mazda CX5 GTSP Turbo

2018 Hyundai Santa Fe Highlander

1967 XR FALCON 500

Cars previously owned:
2021 Subaru Outback Sport
2018 Subaru XV-S
2012 Subaru Forester X
2007 Subaru Liberty GT
2001 AU2 75th Anniversary Futura
2001 Subaru GX wagon
1991 EB XR8
1977 XC Fairmont
1990 EA S Pak
1984 XE S Pak
1982 ZJ Fairlane
1983 XE Fairmont
1989 EA Falcon
1984 Datsun Bluebird Wagon
1975 Honda Civic
blueoval is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-10-2009, 07:47 PM   #62
falzoony
Rockin '67

Maybe the upcoming hot weather is a good reason to do the cooler first. In saying that I'd go for the kit and paint first. Your car will look great at AFD.

'67 XR Wagon
falzoony is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-10-2009, 07:57 PM   #63
FreddyDUZ747
Banned

My vote goes to the cooler and a good cleanup and rerouting of wires,lines,hoses ect.

Bring the underbonnet detail to a level that matches the body.The body ect aint that bad a bit of gear as it is.

If you were to do the body and make it all "yummy" when you pop the bonnet it will be a little "if only it was as good as the body presentation".

Clean and tart up the body with whats handy and cheap then finish that engine bay.Then it will be a very complete package(looks,power,detail and last but not least GO!SUMMERS coming Shav,more power loss.Sorry if I seemed blunt.
FreddyDUZ747 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-10-2009, 08:41 PM   #64
KR1STO
Just another mock-up..

Quote:
Originally Posted by RG
There's an enough now?

hahaha.... there's never enough...
:

see my car here:
Built my own TL50!!!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
KR1STO is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-10-2009, 09:55 AM   #65
blueoval
Critical Thinker

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Well thought out and constructive posts.  A real credit to this forum. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by gilmore
My vote goes to the cooler and a good cleanup and rerouting of wires,lines,hoses ect.

Bring the underbonnet detail to a level that matches the body.The body ect aint that bad a bit of gear as it is.

If you were to do the body and make it all "yummy" when you pop the bonnet it will be a little "if only it was as good as the body presentation".

Clean and tart up the body with whats handy and cheap then finish that engine bay.Then it will be a very complete package(looks,power,detail and last but not least GO!SUMMERS coming Shav,more power loss.Sorry if I seemed blunt.
Good points mate. And your right. The engine bay is filthier than a $2 hooker. I know what I wanted to do for the engine bay. Will take some work to get it there. Will make some more comments on my build thread about it.

1967 XR FALCON 500

Cars previously owned:
2018 Subaru XV-S
2012 Subaru Forester X
2007 Subaru Liberty GT
2001 Subaru GX wagon
1991 EB XR8
1977 XC Fairmont
1990 EA S Pak
1984 XE S Pak
1982 ZJ Fairlane
1983 XE Fairmont
1989 EA Falcon
1975 Honda Civic
Old 22-10-2009, 10:32 AM   #66
V3RSAC3
... Fear it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueoval
Nothing like a bit of healthy competition.

May the best AU series 2 75th Anniversary Futura win :
Seeing as you've got the onl Series 2 75th Anniversary Future you're in with a good chance for that class ;) ;) :P
Chrysler 300C Sedan
SY Territory Ghia
V3RSAC3 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-10-2009, 05:39 PM   #67
Skotty
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by V3RSAC3
Shav just ask yourself, "What would Nathan do?!"

: :
Tint it, slam it, stockys, and white walls... thats what versace would do lol! :
Skotty is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-10-2009, 05:21 PM   #68
hrdcor

Performance first. If it runs sweetly, you can make it pretty later. Alot more embarrassing being left behind by something that looks like a grandpa spec car. I'm in with happy gilmore on making the underbonnet drool worthy, then the interior (you don't spend the majority of your time looking at the outside of the car, or at least you shouldn't ), then make it whatever you like on the outside. In the meantime while you test performance, get things greasy etc. you aren't fretting over it being dirty. And make sure it keeps a spoiler. Any au falcon base without one looks a little dodge to me.
Old 27-10-2009, 05:30 PM   #69
blueoval
Critical Thinker

Quote:
Originally Posted by hrdcor
Performance first. If it runs sweetly, you can make it pretty later. Alot more embarrassing being left behind by something that looks like a grandpa spec car. I'm in with happy gilmore on making the underbonnet drool worthy, then the interior (you don't spend the majority of your time looking at the outside of the car, or at least you shouldn't ), then make it whatever you like on the outside. In the meantime while you test performance, get things greasy etc. you aren't fretting over it being dirty. And make sure it keeps a spoiler. Any au falcon base without one looks a little dodge to me.
Thanks. Yes thats basically what is going to happen now. Just got a few underbonnet things that Id like to get done, then I'll detail it, and after that, concentrate on the body.

1967 XR FALCON 500

Cars previously owned:
2018 Subaru XV-S
2012 Subaru Forester X
2007 Subaru Liberty GT
2001 Subaru GX wagon
1991 EB XR8
1977 XC Fairmont
1990 EA S Pak
1984 XE S Pak
1982 ZJ Fairlane
1983 XE Fairmont
1989 EA Falcon
1975 Honda Civic
Old 28-10-2009, 10:08 AM   #70
DashXR6T
Dash FG XR6T

were you going to go aftermarket kit, or original?

originals are so hard to come across, I want the fairmont kit on mine.
The New: FG XR6 Turbo in Dash:Sunroof, Custom Exhaust with Quad 3.5" Tips, Xr8 Bonnet, 20"GT Rims, Lowered on SSSL & SSL King Springs. Growler Intake, 30% Tint, Viper 2 Way Alarm, Philips Diamond Vision 5000K Headlights&Foggies

The Old AU Series III Fairmont Ghia, Sunroof, Leather, Prem Sound, Lowered On SSSL+SSL King Springs,Tint,19" BF Super Pursuit Rims, 6000K HID's, 2.5 Inch Exhaust+Twin Tips. Fairlane Chrome Mirrors.
System:Alpine Dvd Player, 2x12" Alpine TyreR Subs, Pioneer Mono Amp.
DashXR6T is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-10-2009, 10:38 AM   #71
blueoval
Critical Thinker

Quote:
Originally Posted by TOP-GHIA
were you going to go aftermarket kit, or original?

originals are so hard to come across, I want the fairmont kit on mine.

Aftermarket fibre glass option. You can get them made thru a place called Fibresports. http://www.awcinfo.com/

Fibreglass isnt obviously the best product out there but at least they can be done.

1967 XR FALCON 500

Cars previously owned:
2018 Subaru XV-S
2012 Subaru Forester X
2007 Subaru Liberty GT
2001 Subaru GX wagon
1991 EB XR8
1977 XC Fairmont